Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 212173 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:42 - May 16 with 5936 viewsCiderwithRsie

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:32 - May 16 by Northernr

Still under contract there, and they can now accept bids from other clubs as we didn't play him enough to trigger our option, but he's coming here anyway as far as I understand it. Bloody better be, I've already written the signing piece.

If after that the ingrate signs for anyone else he's probably not the right sort anyway.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:46 - May 16 with 5914 viewsW7Ranger

Still under contract there, and they can now accept bids from other clubs as we didn't play him enough to trigger our option, but he's coming here anyway as far as I understand it. Bloody better be, I've already written the signing piece.

Well I really hope so. Would be gutted if we lose out. He definitely looks the "right sort".

So the club (Warbs) took a bit of a risk not playing Field for the required matches then? Or do you think an unofficial "agreement" between the club and Field had already taken place maybe?

I mean, if another club offered WBA £1m and we only offered £500k, WBA would obviously accept the higher offer, but would it ulimately be down to Field to accept personal terms with whoever he chooses? BOS's situation as an example of this?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:50 - May 16 with 5896 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:46 - May 16 by W7Ranger

Well I really hope so. Would be gutted if we lose out. He definitely looks the "right sort".

So the club (Warbs) took a bit of a risk not playing Field for the required matches then? Or do you think an unofficial "agreement" between the club and Field had already taken place maybe?

I mean, if another club offered WBA £1m and we only offered £500k, WBA would obviously accept the higher offer, but would it ulimately be down to Field to accept personal terms with whoever he chooses? BOS's situation as an example of this?

I think it's a combination of it basically being a done deal regardless - all three parties want the move - and when Warbs is the manager the idea he might not pick the team he thinks is best and right for any particular game because we could do with somebody else playing to clock up another appearance for 'non football' reasons is so alien to him it's actually funny.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:56 - May 16 with 5853 viewsstevec

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:50 - May 16 by Northernr

I think it's a combination of it basically being a done deal regardless - all three parties want the move - and when Warbs is the manager the idea he might not pick the team he thinks is best and right for any particular game because we could do with somebody else playing to clock up another appearance for 'non football' reasons is so alien to him it's actually funny.

Nevertheless, wasn’t it only one more game he needed to start, in which case you’d think the least stressful option would have been to play him.

Hopefully an agreement behind the scenes had already secured Field.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:12 - May 16 with 5787 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:56 - May 16 by stevec

Nevertheless, wasn’t it only one more game he needed to start, in which case you’d think the least stressful option would have been to play him.

Hopefully an agreement behind the scenes had already secured Field.

Four more I think - 12 starts and he made eight.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:11 - May 16 with 5654 viewsDWQPR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:50 - May 16 by Northernr

Interesting ho he would have coped with Rob Green at the end of his career with us.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:51 - May 16 with 5523 viewsSott

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:11 - May 16 by DWQPR

Interesting ho he would have coped with Rob Green at the end of his career with us.

Good point,made me also think of adel,barton,bosingwa etc..
Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:28 - May 16 with 5412 viewsEsox_Lucius

I am getting a little concerned now. I belong to a Championship group on FB and quite a few (non QPR fans) posters are putting QPR in their predictions for top six for next season. Just the sort of thing that gives me sleepless nights and bites us on the @r$e.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:16 - May 16 with 5060 viewsGloryHunter

If all else fails, Clive, you could definitely make a good career as an obituary writer!

[Edit] to explain that they have dozens of pieces about living people on file, and then sit back and wait for the right moment.
[Post edited 16 May 2021 22:21]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:58 - May 16 with 4932 viewsDWQPR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:28 - May 16 by Esox_Lucius

I am getting a little concerned now. I belong to a Championship group on FB and quite a few (non QPR fans) posters are putting QPR in their predictions for top six for next season. Just the sort of thing that gives me sleepless nights and bites us on the @r$e.

Would be nice to secure promotion at Pride Park Mike!😂😂 You could go ahead and save me a parking space 😃

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:49 - May 17 with 4616 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:16 - May 16 by GloryHunter

If all else fails, Clive, you could definitely make a good career as an obituary writer!

[Edit] to explain that they have dozens of pieces about living people on file, and then sit back and wait for the right moment.
[Post edited 16 May 2021 22:21]

I used to do that for the local papers I worked on, for local celebs and council peeps.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:57 - May 18 with 4051 viewsderbyhoop

Re Andre Dozzell

If we manage to sign Field and keep Carroll and Chair our midfield options are
Field and Ball
Chair and Willock
Adomah, Thomas, Bettache, Amos and Carroll.

That's ignoring Smyth who I expect to leave and Shodipo.
It's also discounting a return for Jojo.
Amos is expected back for the start of the season and Warbs clearly rates him.

If we keeps the same formation, i.e. wing backs and 2 strikers, we have 9 people to fit into 3 places.
I can't see the benefit of bringing in another attacking midfielder, especially if Bonne swaps places. Our striking options are limited already

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:09 - May 18 with 4006 viewskarl

Not specifically a QPR rumour but this should prick the ears of MW especially.
Martin Boyle at Hibs apparently has a £500k clause in the recent contract he signed and looking very much like he'll be wanting to get a chance of a decent contract elsewhere.
27 (28?) and a rapid winger who is very adaptable being able to play right wing back.
Gutted that he'd leave Hibs but he's been a great servant and deserves to do well out of the game.
Jackson Irvine also available but Hibs trying hard to tie him down, tbh I don't think he's done enough at Hibs to attract top end Championship teams and not an area QPR needing to add to as it stands imo.
Martin Boyle should definitely create interest although an Australian international is a negative, his wife plays for Hibs Ladies and Scotland, a move to London would likely give her a big range of teams she could play for too.
Hibs are pretty much amateur so she'd not necessarily need a wage to sign for anyone, I'd imagine game time and location as big a factor as keeping her Scotland squad place
[Post edited 18 May 2021 11:10]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:25 - May 18 with 3959 viewskarl

See mention of Josh Windass earlier, MW had him at Glasgow Rangers so either a lazy link or he might have rated him?
Either way I wasn't overly impressed by him and think he's too 'one paced' to impact higher up the league, Bonne has more about him to work with in terms of pace and physicality but does need to get more game aware of course.
I never liked Windass but that could easily be the Glasgow Rangers effect.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:30 - May 18 with 3945 viewsBazzeR

The 25 man squad listed after the Winter Transfer Window consisted of 2 under23 players who are still eligible to play in upcoming season but do not necessarily have to be named in the 25 for season 2021/22.

Those players were Ody Alpha and Faisal Bettache.

For the upcoming season Geoff Cameron has departed.

If Joe Lumley decides to reject an offer that would leave 4 spaces in next seasons 25 man squad if all the loanees are retained.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:45 - May 18 with 3850 viewsloftboy

Harry Kane anyone!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:51 - May 18 with 3819 viewskarl

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:45 - May 18 by loftboy

Harry Kane anyone!!

Got a song ready and everything
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:06 - May 18 with 3730 viewsdmm

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:57 - May 18 by derbyhoop

Re Andre Dozzell

If we manage to sign Field and keep Carroll and Chair our midfield options are
Field and Ball
Chair and Willock
Adomah, Thomas, Bettache, Amos and Carroll.

That's ignoring Smyth who I expect to leave and Shodipo.
It's also discounting a return for Jojo.
Amos is expected back for the start of the season and Warbs clearly rates him.

If we keeps the same formation, i.e. wing backs and 2 strikers, we have 9 people to fit into 3 places.
I can't see the benefit of bringing in another attacking midfielder, especially if Bonne swaps places. Our striking options are limited already

There's also Charlie Owens who plays DCM. His contract is up this summer and, given his sadly terrible injury record, I guess he may be let go.

Smyth's contract also expires this summer and I can't see him being retained.

I'm sure Adomah will continue to be used as a RWB super-sub, so I don't think needs to be included.

Shodipo is an interesting one. Whether or not he should be brought into the first team squad has been recently debated on here. There are good arguments both ways so it will be fascinating to what happens with him

I'm expecting next season's CM players to be Sam Field, Dominic Ball, Tom Carroll, Luke Amos and Faysal Bettache. The question is if we don't retain Johansen can any of those players make up for his loss? If not, do we recruit and who? I've no idea if Dozzell could fill Johansen's boots, but he has played in DCM, CM and ACM roles, and appears to be interesting a number of clubs.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:20 - May 18 with 3681 viewsBazzeR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:06 - May 18 by dmm

There's also Charlie Owens who plays DCM. His contract is up this summer and, given his sadly terrible injury record, I guess he may be let go.

Smyth's contract also expires this summer and I can't see him being retained.

I'm sure Adomah will continue to be used as a RWB super-sub, so I don't think needs to be included.

Shodipo is an interesting one. Whether or not he should be brought into the first team squad has been recently debated on here. There are good arguments both ways so it will be fascinating to what happens with him

I'm expecting next season's CM players to be Sam Field, Dominic Ball, Tom Carroll, Luke Amos and Faysal Bettache. The question is if we don't retain Johansen can any of those players make up for his loss? If not, do we recruit and who? I've no idea if Dozzell could fill Johansen's boots, but he has played in DCM, CM and ACM roles, and appears to be interesting a number of clubs.

When I checked Charlie Owens age it comes up as him currently being 23 but I’m not 100% as reliable info.
I think Sam Field could possibly link up with Luke Amos if Steff Johansen transfer fails to materialise
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:24 - May 18 with 3398 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:48 - May 18 with 3305 viewsaston_hoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:24 - May 18 by aston_hoop

Says the Sam Field deal is completed too.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:12 - May 18 with 3229 viewsdmm

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:48 - May 18 by aston_hoop

Says the Sam Field deal is completed too.

That'll make me happy. I've got a good feeling Sam Field is going to become a very well liked player for us.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:22 - May 18 with 3178 viewsHayesender

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:51 - May 18 by karl

Got a song ready and everything

WTF have i just watched?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:28 - May 18 with 3146 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:22 - May 18 by Hayesender

WTF have i just watched?

Maybe the return of fans isn't such a good idea
Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:59 - May 18 with 2910 viewsdanehoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:22 - May 18 by Hayesender

WTF have i just watched?

You can never unsee or get the time back that you spent watching that abomination.

It left me in open mouthed dumbfounded bemusement. Why? Just Why? What were you thinking in making that? Why did you make it? Can only assume that it is some kind of parody.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024