Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 213827 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:06 - May 21 with 8258 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Summer transfer rumours thread on 21:36 - May 21 by derbyhoop

I saw a mention about Keiran Westwood being released by Wednesday and QPR link.

Wouldn't write that 1 off. Lumley gone, Kelly wants 1st team football (@ Motherwell?) and Warbs wants Walsh to get some experience on loan.
Westwood is 36 and would probably be happy enough keeping the bench warm.
Better option than Dillon Barnes?

Sounds very feasible. As has been noted elsewhere Dieng will most likely be on international duty for parts of next season so whoever is his number 2 will be more than a bench warmer. Westwood has loads of experience at our level and has always looked decent to me. Although having a keeper with good distribution has been a big part of our play for a while so not sure how Westwood fits with that.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:13 - May 21 with 8182 viewsLazyFan

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:06 - May 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

Sounds very feasible. As has been noted elsewhere Dieng will most likely be on international duty for parts of next season so whoever is his number 2 will be more than a bench warmer. Westwood has loads of experience at our level and has always looked decent to me. Although having a keeper with good distribution has been a big part of our play for a while so not sure how Westwood fits with that.

I watched Westwood in the last few games for SWFC, he was complete rubbish and explained why they were at the bottom, he is useless. He cannot play at all with his feet or even kick it up the field to his own players.

Shot stopping he's okay, but that's it really. We should avoid him at all costs.

zzzzzzzzzz

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:14 - May 21 with 8205 viewsdistortR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 21:36 - May 21 by derbyhoop

I saw a mention about Keiran Westwood being released by Wednesday and QPR link.

Wouldn't write that 1 off. Lumley gone, Kelly wants 1st team football (@ Motherwell?) and Warbs wants Walsh to get some experience on loan.
Westwood is 36 and would probably be happy enough keeping the bench warm.
Better option than Dillon Barnes?

Except we've given Barnes a new contract?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:16 - May 21 with 8168 viewsLazyFan

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:07 - May 21 by WadR

Looking at Sheff weds retained list, https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/owls-confirm-202021-retained-list/ , it's mostly to be steered well clear of - but wouldn't mind Adam Reach.

I know it has gone a bit stale for him at Wednesday, but he's 28, is very experienced at this level and could be useful LWB or as cover for Chair/Willock role.

Watched SWFC and in particular Reach for the last few games. I had seen him before and was really impressed, but in those games, he looked totally gone. No interest and utterly useless.

So, either he's lost it or had decided they were down and was on the beach. Either way, not a good response. In the past, I would sign at once, but now I feel we have moved on from players like him and he would be expensive.

I say we should avoid this type of player, despite him being so skilled.

zzzzzzzzzz

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:22 - May 21 with 8119 viewsLazyFan

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:32 - May 21 by SimplyNico

Probably a shower of horsesh!t, but this re Rob Dickie - https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-newcastle-united-set-sights-on-signin

I can see it. Dickie plays like Bruce did and he could be tempted.
That will be £14.95m please with the usual £5m for addons.

Did someone say Oxford have another up and coming CB?

Moneyball you say? Your not the only ones!

zzzzzzzzzz

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:29 - May 21 with 8109 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:14 - May 21 by distortR

Except we've given Barnes a new contract?

Still, very unlikely to feature I'd say.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:47 - May 21 with 7945 viewsBklynRanger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:47 - May 21 by BklynRanger

Adam Reach has been Around for a while though

Better response here into the musky old humour basket, that's nice
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:01 - May 23 with 7526 viewsBazzeR

Unsubstantiated rumours link 37 yr old Andy Lonergan from WBA as back up Keeper on a free.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:24 - May 23 with 7426 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:01 - May 23 by BazzeR

Unsubstantiated rumours link 37 yr old Andy Lonergan from WBA as back up Keeper on a free.

Said on the Lumley thread the other day this is how I'd do it instead of having keepers of the same age competing.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:21 - May 23 with 7204 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:24 - May 23 by rsonist

Said on the Lumley thread the other day this is how I'd do it instead of having keepers of the same age competing.

I do agree in most respects BUT we have so so many goalies on the books that we could do with streamlining that department!

Only one can ever play which is hopefully going to be Dieng. Kelly will hopefully leave and Walsh(i think) will go on loan hopefully accompanied by all the other youngsters.

I'm not sure if their is an African cup of nations this year though?

Also if i was Barnes i would be hoping to be No2 this year, play in the cups and hope to impress.

Just a few thoughts.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:07 - May 23 with 7087 viewsMaggsinho

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:21 - May 23 by Welsh_Ranger

I do agree in most respects BUT we have so so many goalies on the books that we could do with streamlining that department!

Only one can ever play which is hopefully going to be Dieng. Kelly will hopefully leave and Walsh(i think) will go on loan hopefully accompanied by all the other youngsters.

I'm not sure if their is an African cup of nations this year though?

Also if i was Barnes i would be hoping to be No2 this year, play in the cups and hope to impress.

Just a few thoughts.

Yes the ACN starts in January 2022 so we could lose Seny for a month. I don’t think Barnes has been signed to be anything other than a third choice so would be surprised if he got any games.

With Walsh out on loan, and Kelly sold we need an experienced keeper who’s happy to spend most of his time on the bench but good enough to fill in for a period of games - Lonergan would make sense there.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:06 - May 23 with 6846 viewsenfieldargh

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:07 - May 23 by Maggsinho

Yes the ACN starts in January 2022 so we could lose Seny for a month. I don’t think Barnes has been signed to be anything other than a third choice so would be surprised if he got any games.

With Walsh out on loan, and Kelly sold we need an experienced keeper who’s happy to spend most of his time on the bench but good enough to fill in for a period of games - Lonergan would make sense there.

Lonegron was a complete a hole when we played Preston up there about 3 4 seasons ago took dogs abuse from us during that game and laughed in our faces
Not the right sort for me thanks

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:00 - May 23 with 6528 viewsLogman

Lonergan would be a totally pointless signing. The role of the goalkeeper has changed in the last two seasons and if Lumley struggled to play it out from the back I can't see Lonergan doing any better
Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:30 - May 23 with 6319 viewsGloryHunter

I don't know about Lonergan specifically, but I would have thought if you want a back-up goalie for a promotion push season, it's better to have an experienced professional mercenary who understands and accepts the situation, rather than an ambitious youngster who's got the hump about being on the bench every game. Which is why I guess Joe was not the right man for that role.
[Post edited 23 May 2021 23:31]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:42 - May 24 with 6080 viewsbosh67

I see Sheffield Wednesday have released Adam Reach after relegation. If Niko really isn't going to make the grade is Reach at 28 an option to cover Wallace at left wingback?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:04 - May 24 with 6037 viewsdistortR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 07:42 - May 24 by bosh67

I see Sheffield Wednesday have released Adam Reach after relegation. If Niko really isn't going to make the grade is Reach at 28 an option to cover Wallace at left wingback?

spackman, Brooklyn has already told us how keen he is to be able to get A. Reach over, which in itself is a spackman by me
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:04 - May 24 with 5541 viewsderbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 23:30 - May 23 by GloryHunter

I don't know about Lonergan specifically, but I would have thought if you want a back-up goalie for a promotion push season, it's better to have an experienced professional mercenary who understands and accepts the situation, rather than an ambitious youngster who's got the hump about being on the bench every game. Which is why I guess Joe was not the right man for that role.
[Post edited 23 May 2021 23:31]

As I said about Westwood, who would be an alternative, an experienced keeper prepared to play second fiddle to Dieng makes a lot of sense.
Lumley has gone already.
Kelly is wanted by Motherwell
Warbs wants Walsh to go out on loan for first team experience
We've just released Dickenson and Brzowski.

That leaves Seny, who could well be away for the African Cup of Nations, Dillon Barnes and ???

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:17 - May 25 with 4937 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:04 - May 24 by derbyhoop

As I said about Westwood, who would be an alternative, an experienced keeper prepared to play second fiddle to Dieng makes a lot of sense.
Lumley has gone already.
Kelly is wanted by Motherwell
Warbs wants Walsh to go out on loan for first team experience
We've just released Dickenson and Brzowski.

That leaves Seny, who could well be away for the African Cup of Nations, Dillon Barnes and ???

....four others.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:43 - May 25 with 4471 viewsNorthernr

Onyedimna leaves Wycombe for Luton, undisclosed fee.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:01 - May 26 with 4005 viewsderbyhoop

More on the keepers (from WLS)

Dieng to stay. Kelly to go, as he doesnt want to be 2nd choice. But we need a 2nd choice keeper.
Lonergan known to Gavin Ward but they are still deciding whether experience or youth required.

Todd Kane wanted by Charlton, Sunderland and Portsmouth. 13.1 m anybody?
[Post edited 26 May 2021 10:02]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:15 - May 26 with 3957 viewsTheChef

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:01 - May 26 by derbyhoop

Dieng to stay. Kelly to go, as he doesnt want to be 2nd choice. But we need a 2nd choice keeper.
Lonergan known to Gavin Ward but they are still deciding whether experience or youth required.

.131, maybe.

That's pretty quick work - maybe the FA charge was a come and get me plea? His agent told the FA to wait until May to publish it

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:05 - May 26 with 3838 viewsBazzeR

The Goalkeeping situation could become even more complicated by Dillon Barnes recent call up with Jamaica

They have friendly matches early next month and the Concacaf Gold Cup competition in July.

Jamaican World Cup Qualifiers start in September and October.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:20 - May 26 with 3780 viewsdannyblue

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:05 - May 26 by BazzeR

The Goalkeeping situation could become even more complicated by Dillon Barnes recent call up with Jamaica

They have friendly matches early next month and the Concacaf Gold Cup competition in July.

Jamaican World Cup Qualifiers start in September and October.

ACN shirley?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:23 - May 26 with 3763 viewshantssi

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:01 - May 26 by derbyhoop

Shirley that can’t be right as none of the clubs mentioned for Kane are in the Prem?
Can’t believe only Div 1 clubs are interested in him, would have thought a team like Watford or Norwich as a minimum would be in for him! 😜
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:23 - May 26 with 3763 viewsBazzeR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:20 - May 26 by dannyblue

ACN shirley?

North American
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024