Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 214280 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:31 - Jun 1 with 6691 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:16 - Jun 1 by rsonist

It's a regular round up feature with a big picture at the top that says TRANSFER GOSSIP. Underneath in red text so you can see it clearly they subtitle it "transfer speculation involving QPR". They link directly to the sources using words like "claim". As in the last tidbit there, they often add links to their own stories disproving said claim. At no point have you been misled.

It gets clicks because people always read it then always run off and post it places going 'look WLS say this'. Why post it at all? Hey, Dave's gotta eat.

It just a classic example of the dilution of decent journalistic content though. It's like a giant game of Chinese whispers.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:06 - Jun 2 with 6238 viewsbosh67

I see Barnsley have opted not to sign 20 year old Daryl Dike from Orlando FC on a permanent deal. Quite surprised by that. He scored 9 in 19 for them! In 76 games (3 at u23) he's scored 35 goals. That's a pretty impressive return for a 20 year old. Looked very good at this level.

I'm not saying we should go after him (unless Charlie doesn't sign) but it would be amusing to have a front 2 of Dykes and Dike.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:15 - Jun 2 with 6128 viewstidydarts

Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:06 - Jun 2 by bosh67

I see Barnsley have opted not to sign 20 year old Daryl Dike from Orlando FC on a permanent deal. Quite surprised by that. He scored 9 in 19 for them! In 76 games (3 at u23) he's scored 35 goals. That's a pretty impressive return for a 20 year old. Looked very good at this level.

I'm not saying we should go after him (unless Charlie doesn't sign) but it would be amusing to have a front 2 of Dykes and Dike.

I think I read somewhere that the fee written into their option to buy was quite hefty? So I can only assume that if they'd been promoted the deal would have been made easier
Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:36 - Jun 2 with 6056 viewsMyke

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:31 - Jun 1 by CroydonCaptJack

It just a classic example of the dilution of decent journalistic content though. It's like a giant game of Chinese whispers.

Nice analogy. I think the summer window transfer rumours is much more... 'extreme', shall we say than the January one for a number of reasons. Much longer window, a lot more players out of contract, no actual football being played to distract us and well... it's summer! Almost all said rumours to be taken with a large truckload of salt.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:18 - Jun 2 with 5961 viewsQPR_Jim

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:31 - Jun 1 by CroydonCaptJack

Hopefully the roundups of all the clickbait stories stop people from needing to actually go onto the clickbait sites and then in the long term it may reduce the amount of clickbait.

These other sites speculate about a transfer, name 3 teams which are supposedly interested and get 3 lots of fans reading it. WLS appear to do decent QPR coverage reporting on progress with the training ground or the community work etc and probably get less traffic as a result. Online news is not an environment that encourages high standards of journalism but it's dictated by traffic and what people read.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:30 - Jun 2 with 5876 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:18 - Jun 2 by QPR_Jim

Hopefully the roundups of all the clickbait stories stop people from needing to actually go onto the clickbait sites and then in the long term it may reduce the amount of clickbait.

These other sites speculate about a transfer, name 3 teams which are supposedly interested and get 3 lots of fans reading it. WLS appear to do decent QPR coverage reporting on progress with the training ground or the community work etc and probably get less traffic as a result. Online news is not an environment that encourages high standards of journalism but it's dictated by traffic and what people read.

Yes the subtext is obviously "look at all the garbage we don't do". While still scratching the old I'm-not-allowed-to-phone-ClubCall itch...
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:34 - Jun 2 with 5863 viewsrsonist

Luton snap up Reece Burke from Hull, who couldn't afford to exercise their option to extend his contract. Should be a good fit there.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:05 - Jun 2 with 5797 viewsdaveB

the fee was about 20 million so they were never going to be able to keep him unless they went up
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:20 - Jun 2 with 5739 viewsenfieldargh

Am I right in thinking several years ago that Clive for a bit of a larf started a transfer rumour to see how quick it appeared on NewsNow?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:49 - Jun 2 with 5671 viewsslmrstid

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:20 - Jun 2 by enfieldargh

Am I right in thinking several years ago that Clive for a bit of a larf started a transfer rumour to see how quick it appeared on NewsNow?

Not sure, but there's a semi-famous case where some Sheffield Wednesday fans online invented a player who didnt exist, created some rumours about him being transferred then delighted as it soon appeared in the papers.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:51 - Jun 2 with 5666 viewsderbyhoop

Not sure if it was Clive, but somebody made up a story about interest from Sheff Wed ( I think) in a player whose name and profile were made up.
Only took a few days before all the clickbait sites had it as a "story"

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:57 - Jun 2 with 5628 viewsrsonist

Dike is great at what he does, perfect for Barnsleyball, not especially good at football. These rumours linking him and indeed Ismael places you would hope are mostly paper talk cos some clubs are going to be in for a shock if they're not prepared for the hoof.

Ismael or Nuno at Palace wouldn't do our Eze sell-on prospects much good you fear.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:02 - Jun 2 with 5589 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:49 - Jun 2 by slmrstid

Not sure, but there's a semi-famous case where some Sheffield Wednesday fans online invented a player who didnt exist, created some rumours about him being transferred then delighted as it soon appeared in the papers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/6x66t0/a_history_of_fake_transfer_rumou

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/13/sports/soccer/premier-league-transfers-window

His phantom had traveled all the way into respected mainstream publications, even making one list of the top 50 young players in Europe (placing 30th).

https://www.ft.com/content/96bc9524-84f7-11e3-a793-00144feab7de?siteedition=uk#a

He targeted the fans of troubled clubs “because they’d be the most gullible”.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 12:07]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:02 - Jun 2 with 5605 viewsjohncharles

A pair of Dykes ???????😱😱😱😱😱😱😱?????????

Strong and stable my arse.

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:44 - Jun 5 with 5074 viewsrsonist

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2163104

Prem clubs' released lists compiled, if anyone wants to suggest we sign at least five old Palace duffers.

Of the U23s, Jack Roles from Spurs always highly rated in midfield and the loans he's had haven't disproved it. Shilow Tracey could be a pace option. Previously linked Josh Sims released as well as Izzy Brown joining Kyle Edwards on the former West Brom prospect scrapheap meanwhile.

Picking up these types of U23s is something we've talked about a lot but it's interesting that it's actually League One that seems to be increasingly seen as the development sweet spot now. The likes of Max Sanders (Brighton to Lincoln) and Matt O'Riley (Fulham to MK Dons) are players you'd have thought shouldn't be far off our radar, but they wouldn't have been first team for us immediately either - however after 6 months of showing their ability there they'd be expensive for us now. It's a small but very telling gap.

U23 loan market also favouring L1 more than ever.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 11:49]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:43 - Jun 5 with 4719 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:44 - Jun 5 by rsonist

Prem clubs' released lists compiled, if anyone wants to suggest we sign at least five old Palace duffers.

Of the U23s, Jack Roles from Spurs always highly rated in midfield and the loans he's had haven't disproved it. Shilow Tracey could be a pace option. Previously linked Josh Sims released as well as Izzy Brown joining Kyle Edwards on the former West Brom prospect scrapheap meanwhile.

Picking up these types of U23s is something we've talked about a lot but it's interesting that it's actually League One that seems to be increasingly seen as the development sweet spot now. The likes of Max Sanders (Brighton to Lincoln) and Matt O'Riley (Fulham to MK Dons) are players you'd have thought shouldn't be far off our radar, but they wouldn't have been first team for us immediately either - however after 6 months of showing their ability there they'd be expensive for us now. It's a small but very telling gap.

Van Ginkel, Marco Wulfert Cornelius was highly rated by them lot
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:45 - Jun 5 with 4708 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:44 - Jun 5 by rsonist

Taylor-Crossdale, Martell De-Angelo isnt this the lad who we had on trial for the U23s?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:50 - Jun 5 with 4436 viewsderbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:45 - Jun 5 by Welsh_Ranger

Taylor-Crossdale, Martell De-Angelo isnt this the lad who we had on trial for the U23s?

Yes he was. Scored a couple as well. I got the impression that we were quite interested but waiting for him to be released.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:34 - Jun 5 with 4346 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:45 - Jun 5 by Welsh_Ranger

That's a strong name. So good they named him twice.

Martell De-Angelo sounds like a high-end fashion shop on New Bond Street.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:50 - Jun 5 with 4297 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:34 - Jun 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

That's a strong name. So good they named him twice.

Martell De-Angelo sounds like a high-end fashion shop on New Bond Street.

But would he be a good fit and could we tailor him for our system Clive
Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:54 - Jun 5 with 4290 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:50 - Jun 5 by CLAREMAN1995

But would he be a good fit and could we tailor him for our system Clive

I've just seen he plays for Chelsea. Could be a stitch-up!

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:20 - Jun 5 with 4214 viewsSnipper

Aston Villa agree £33m deal, potentially rising to £40m for Buendia from Norwich.

Norwich only paid £1m from Getafe in 2018.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:11 - Jun 5 with 3905 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:20 - Jun 5 by Snipper

Aston Villa agree £33m deal, potentially rising to £40m for Buendia from Norwich.

Norwich only paid £1m from Getafe in 2018.

They've clearly been listening to SKY SPORTS commentators too much.

Looks like a good player but also could be a massive waste of money.

Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:03 - Jun 6 with 3592 viewsDWQPR

The Palace released list has the potential to be a very decent championship side in its own right:

Aveiro, Brandon Paulo Vale
Bryon, Lewis
Cahill, Gary James
Clyne, Nathaniel Edwin
Dann, Scott
Flanagan, Kian
Gonzalez Quintero, Kevin
Hale, Harlem Kenroy
Henderson, Stephen Francis
Hennessey, Wayne Robert
Hobbs, Lewis James
Luthra, Rohan
Matthews, Alfie Jacob
McCarthy, James Patrick
Russell, Jacob Luke
Russell, Jude Thomas
Sakho, Mamadou
Townsend, Andros
Van Aanholt, Patrick John Miguel
Ward, Joel Edward Philip
Wickham, Connor Neil Ralph
Woods, Samuel John

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:05 - Jun 6 with 3456 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Summer transfer rumours thread on 08:03 - Jun 6 by DWQPR

The Palace released list has the potential to be a very decent championship side in its own right:

Aveiro, Brandon Paulo Vale
Bryon, Lewis
Cahill, Gary James
Clyne, Nathaniel Edwin
Dann, Scott
Flanagan, Kian
Gonzalez Quintero, Kevin
Hale, Harlem Kenroy
Henderson, Stephen Francis
Hennessey, Wayne Robert
Hobbs, Lewis James
Luthra, Rohan
Matthews, Alfie Jacob
McCarthy, James Patrick
Russell, Jacob Luke
Russell, Jude Thomas
Sakho, Mamadou
Townsend, Andros
Van Aanholt, Patrick John Miguel
Ward, Joel Edward Philip
Wickham, Connor Neil Ralph
Woods, Samuel John

A yet to be appointed manager has a job on their hands there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024