Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The season preview revisited — Column 19:02 - May 30 with 3063 viewsNorthernr

Some notable misses (Forest, Derby, Barnsley) but 9 teams called to within a place and 15 teams called to within three places...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55137

This post has been edited by an administrator
The season preview revisited — Column on 19:25 - May 30 with 2985 viewsMatch82

Pretty impressive hit rate there, must be one of your best. Including going 6-for-6 on the teams involved in the top and bottom 3. Should have had a little flutter on it really...
The season preview revisited — Column on 09:28 - May 31 with 2348 viewsswitchingcode

The season preview revisited — Column on 19:25 - May 30 by Match82

Pretty impressive hit rate there, must be one of your best. Including going 6-for-6 on the teams involved in the top and bottom 3. Should have had a little flutter on it really...

Thanks Clive for your excellent articles on here even when we have been on the end of having our arses ripped out by you.I really hope you have a successful and enjoyable season I will still come on here to read your match summaries.Enjoy yo ur summer.
The season preview revisited — Column on 09:47 - May 31 with 2308 viewsstevec

The season preview revisited — Column on 09:28 - May 31 by switchingcode

Thanks Clive for your excellent articles on here even when we have been on the end of having our arses ripped out by you.I really hope you have a successful and enjoyable season I will still come on here to read your match summaries.Enjoy yo ur summer.

If you go on the Chelsea equivalent, don’t hold back.
The season preview revisited — Column on 10:27 - May 31 with 2262 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fascinating to read that back. Congrats on getting so much right in this incredibly bizarre season.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The season preview revisited — Column on 11:07 - May 31 with 2197 viewsrsonist

Stats spods were right to say Barnsley weren't dross and had big potential but the difference between what Struber and Ismael built on their pressing foundations was pretty huge - original prediction might have been right tbh.

Compare with Cardiff for instance where the managerial fix had total continuity in style.

Forest prediction arguably also not so bad considering how far Watford and Bournemouth got with their bloated zombie squads. They somehow managed to underperform their underperformance. May it long continue.

Slightly underrating Bowyer saving Brum's undeserving bacon I think.
The season preview revisited — Column on 11:29 - May 31 with 2169 viewsswitchingcode

The season preview revisited — Column on 09:47 - May 31 by stevec

If you go on the Chelsea equivalent, don’t hold back.

Don’t know what that is and won’t bother looking for it.
The season preview revisited — Column on 13:11 - May 31 with 2035 viewsNorthernr

The season preview revisited — Column on 11:07 - May 31 by rsonist

Stats spods were right to say Barnsley weren't dross and had big potential but the difference between what Struber and Ismael built on their pressing foundations was pretty huge - original prediction might have been right tbh.

Compare with Cardiff for instance where the managerial fix had total continuity in style.

Forest prediction arguably also not so bad considering how far Watford and Bournemouth got with their bloated zombie squads. They somehow managed to underperform their underperformance. May it long continue.

Slightly underrating Bowyer saving Brum's undeserving bacon I think.

All good points. Wish I’d stuck with my initial thought which was that Forest would be mid table. The problem was I basically only liked Norwich, Brentford and Millwall and fancied about 12 teams for relegation of which Forest were not one so they kind of ended up high by default.

Derby this was always going to happen but I thought they’d squeeze one more go out of it, they’d finished the previous season quite well with kids like Sibley in the team.

Bowyer is a good fit, but you know my feelings on Karanka I reckon Paul Hart would have been an improvement there.
The season preview revisited — Column on 13:15 - Jun 1 with 1257 viewsfrancisbowles

Just managed to finish this epic after a couple of goes at it. Great writing and well done on the predictions that mattered. Thanks for everything this past season and enjoy your summer.
Login to get fewer ads

The season preview revisited — Column on 18:51 - Jun 1 with 1112 viewsNewBee

Evening All!

Been away a while, though stopped by to browse on occasion. Must say, I found this thread v.interesting (and entertaining as ever).

I do hope you'll forgive me (oh well, probably not!) if I introduce the "Justice League" predictions alongside the actual table and Clive's predictions.
The JL is to be found here - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/championship/ - just make sure to click on the "SPI" tab.

TABLE LFW JUSTICE (Deviation)

1. Norwich Norwich Brentford (+2)
2. Watford Brentford Norwich (-1)

3. Brentford Watford Watford (-1)
4. Swansea Forest Bournemouth (+2)
5. Barnsley Cardiff Barnsley (-)
6. Bournemouth Millwall Blackburn (+9)
7. Reading Derby Cardiff (+1)

8. Cardiff M'boro Stoke (+6)
9. QPR Bournemouth QPR (-)
10. M'boro Swansea Rotherham (+13)
11. Millwall Stoke Reading (-4)
12. Luton PNE Swansea (-8)
13. PNE Bristol C PNE (-)
14. Stoke Blackburn M'boro
15. Blackburn Barnsley Coventry (+1)
16. Coventry QPR Derby (+5)
17. Forest Reading Millwall (-6)
18. Birmingham Coventry Luton (-6)
19. Bristol C Luton Forest (-2)
20. Huddersfield Birmingham Sheff Wed (+4)
21. Derby Huddersfield Wycombe (+1)

22. Wycombe Rotherham Birmingham (-4)
23. Rotherham Wycombe Huddersfield (-3)
24. Sheff Wed Sheff Wed Bristol C (-5)

Conclusion;
Rotherham were DESPERATELY unlucky to go down, with Wycombe maybe a little bit unlucky, too.

Birmingham, Huddersfield and Bristol C (esp) were all lucky to stay up, and while we know Sheff Wed would have stayed up without the 6 points deduction, they wouldn't have deserved it..

And if nothing too drastic were to happen elsewhere in the meantime, Blackburn (esp) and Stoke could do well next season, while it may not be good news for Swansea (esp), Millwall and Luton.

P.S. I don't know how to tabulate on this site - but you've probably guessed that by now!
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 18:52]
The season preview revisited — Column on 19:54 - Jun 1 with 1065 viewsNorthernr

The season preview revisited — Column on 18:51 - Jun 1 by NewBee

Evening All!

Been away a while, though stopped by to browse on occasion. Must say, I found this thread v.interesting (and entertaining as ever).

I do hope you'll forgive me (oh well, probably not!) if I introduce the "Justice League" predictions alongside the actual table and Clive's predictions.
The JL is to be found here - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/championship/ - just make sure to click on the "SPI" tab.

TABLE LFW JUSTICE (Deviation)

1. Norwich Norwich Brentford (+2)
2. Watford Brentford Norwich (-1)

3. Brentford Watford Watford (-1)
4. Swansea Forest Bournemouth (+2)
5. Barnsley Cardiff Barnsley (-)
6. Bournemouth Millwall Blackburn (+9)
7. Reading Derby Cardiff (+1)

8. Cardiff M'boro Stoke (+6)
9. QPR Bournemouth QPR (-)
10. M'boro Swansea Rotherham (+13)
11. Millwall Stoke Reading (-4)
12. Luton PNE Swansea (-8)
13. PNE Bristol C PNE (-)
14. Stoke Blackburn M'boro
15. Blackburn Barnsley Coventry (+1)
16. Coventry QPR Derby (+5)
17. Forest Reading Millwall (-6)
18. Birmingham Coventry Luton (-6)
19. Bristol C Luton Forest (-2)
20. Huddersfield Birmingham Sheff Wed (+4)
21. Derby Huddersfield Wycombe (+1)

22. Wycombe Rotherham Birmingham (-4)
23. Rotherham Wycombe Huddersfield (-3)
24. Sheff Wed Sheff Wed Bristol C (-5)

Conclusion;
Rotherham were DESPERATELY unlucky to go down, with Wycombe maybe a little bit unlucky, too.

Birmingham, Huddersfield and Bristol C (esp) were all lucky to stay up, and while we know Sheff Wed would have stayed up without the 6 points deduction, they wouldn't have deserved it..

And if nothing too drastic were to happen elsewhere in the meantime, Blackburn (esp) and Stoke could do well next season, while it may not be good news for Swansea (esp), Millwall and Luton.

P.S. I don't know how to tabulate on this site - but you've probably guessed that by now!
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 18:52]

You don’t get to vanish immediately after losing to qpr and then reappear with Justice league banality after you’ve been promoted.
The season preview revisited — Column on 01:04 - Jun 2 with 935 viewsNewBee

The season preview revisited — Column on 19:54 - Jun 1 by Northernr

You don’t get to vanish immediately after losing to qpr and then reappear with Justice league banality after you’ve been promoted.

Er, that's exactly what you do! (Well me, at least).

I mean, why pop your head above the parapet when the enemy is lobbing muck and bullets your way? That's Baldrick-level behaviour.

Far wiser to wait until they're out of ammunition, then casually stroll over to their trench and accept their surrender gracefully, Blackadder-style.
The season preview revisited — Column on 06:57 - Jun 2 with 883 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Hi Clive,
I may have missed it but where did you say QPR would finish?
Thanks,
James
The season preview revisited — Column on 07:22 - Jun 2 with 866 viewsNorthernr

The season preview revisited — Column on 01:04 - Jun 2 by NewBee

I mean, why pop your head above the parapet when the enemy is lobbing muck and bullets your way? That's Baldrick-level behaviour.

Far wiser to wait until they're out of ammunition, then casually stroll over to their trench and accept their surrender gracefully, Blackadder-style.

FAO Switchingcode - see?
The season preview revisited — Column on 07:22 - Jun 2 with 865 viewsNorthernr

The season preview revisited — Column on 06:57 - Jun 2 by superhoopdownunder

Hi Clive,
I may have missed it but where did you say QPR would finish?
Thanks,
James

Always 16th
The season preview revisited — Column on 07:31 - Jun 2 with 857 viewsNorthernr

The season preview revisited — Column on 01:04 - Jun 2 by NewBee

Nah that just makes you a dick.
The season preview revisited — Column on 15:10 - Jun 2 with 748 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The season preview revisited — Column on 07:22 - Jun 2 by Northernr

Always 16th

Of course 😊
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024