Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell signed 10:15 - Jun 11 with 30299 viewsloftboy

According to TWTD
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/510535/page:1

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 11:36 - Jun 11 with 8183 viewsGaryT

Clive's legendary write ups are known throughout the land!

Sounds like an interesting one, If he signs we have to hope he was just going through the motions at the tail end of last year and it wasn't because of his injury. Playing in a young, more attacking side with a good shout at the top six could be the motivation he was missing? Time will tell.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 11:37 - Jun 11 with 8173 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Seem to be quite a few Tractor Boys fans happy to see him go...
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 11:44 - Jun 11 with 8128 viewsslmrstid

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 11:37 - Jun 11 by Ashdown_Ranger

Thats just football fans though. 90% of the time they all act like jilted ex-lovers who sniffily go "well he wasnt that good anyway, we wont miss him really, good riddance etc...".

Very very rarely do you get cases like Eze last year where everyone genuinely wishes him well and know he'll go on to bigger and brilliant things.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 11:45 - Jun 11 with 8120 viewsMoonshineSteve

Asked my Tractor Boy son-in-law about him and he said this:

Andre is an interesting one. His range of passing is a cut above anyone we have had in a long time and often it seemed like he was too good and would be better off with better players around him. With all that said, he got 1 goal and 2 assists last season, in League One. Never managed to control a game or take a game by the scruff of the neck. There is a player in there but he’s been told he’s free to leave by our manager as he hasn’t imposed on League One like people thought he would.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:01 - Jun 11 with 8029 viewsdmm

I'm wondering where Warburton sees him playing for us. It seems he's been used a lot as a DCM at Ipswich but many of their fans think he should be played further forward. So, is he seen as an eventual replacement for, say, Chair? We're not really in need of DCMs or CMs, particularly with Johansen arriving.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:08 - Jun 11 with 7982 viewsSott

From listening to the tractor boys posts he seems to be equivalent to Amos?
Not really a dcm but good vision /range of passes ,are we saying one for the future?
Replacement for chair/willock should they move?
Is he someone we need to play or is he a decently priced punt?
More questions than answers with this one
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:18 - Jun 11 with 7923 viewsHantsR

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 11:37 - Jun 11 by Ashdown_Ranger

and ex-Tractor fans wanting to clear the air?
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:28 - Jun 11 with 7855 viewskernowhoop

Ipswich Town fans seem to think that he can pick out a pass and that, with better players around him, he could make more of that ability. But, note that they also think he lacks strength and is easily knocked off the ball. Hmmm.
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:29 - Jun 11 with 7855 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:01 - Jun 11 by dmm

I'm wondering where Warburton sees him playing for us. It seems he's been used a lot as a DCM at Ipswich but many of their fans think he should be played further forward. So, is he seen as an eventual replacement for, say, Chair? We're not really in need of DCMs or CMs, particularly with Johansen arriving.

Are we well covered in that position? Not sure I agree with that. Field and Ball, yes, other than that all I see are younger prospects and players returning from injury.

*Edit - sorry I just noticed you mentioned Johansen too but still room for another I’d have thought.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 12:31]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:32 - Jun 11 with 7811 viewsBazzeR

Played 43 times last season and was substituted only once.

Was selected to start in every game he was available bar suspensions,of which he collected 9 yellow cards and 1 red card.

Had a cruciate ligament injury in August 2017 and returned in May 2018.

Ipswich fans also talk about him playing in a disfunctional team but generally think he’s capable of playing at a higher level.

He looks a ideal player to develop under MW and would be an excellent alternative if SJ arrives or not.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:38 - Jun 11 with 7746 viewsdaveB

I usually sign him in football manager and he's useful in the championship but once I get promoted I tend to sell him on.

I know that was really helpful and informative.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:39 - Jun 11 with 7756 viewsthompsonridd

Gifted left foot, would be good for him to learn from Johansen if we get him in

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:39 - Jun 11 with 7753 viewsPinnerPaul

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:38 - Jun 11 by daveB

I usually sign him in football manager and he's useful in the championship but once I get promoted I tend to sell him on.

I know that was really helpful and informative.

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:49 - Jun 11 with 7677 viewsdmm

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:29 - Jun 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

Are we well covered in that position? Not sure I agree with that. Field and Ball, yes, other than that all I see are younger prospects and players returning from injury.

*Edit - sorry I just noticed you mentioned Johansen too but still room for another I’d have thought.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 12:31]

Yep, I take your point though I am expecting at least one of Amos, Bettache or Owens to make it.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:57 - Jun 11 with 7621 viewsTheChef

Hope he's not another Amos.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:08 - Jun 11 with 7548 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

His Uncle has history with us, doesn’t he? 😬
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:15 - Jun 11 with 7485 viewsJogo

It's hard to get excited about signing a player you've never seen play.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:19 - Jun 11 with 7440 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:49 - Jun 11 by dmm

Yep, I take your point though I am expecting at least one of Amos, Bettache or Owens to make it.

Yes agreed. Owens I’ve seen very little of but what I have seen I liked. Amos probably most likely of the 3 to play regularly next season but may need easing in, similar to Willock. Bettache I’d have thought will go out on loan especially if we sign Dozzell.

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:20 - Jun 11 with 7428 viewsloftupper

Looks like an intelligent player from that video, exactly the kind of player we seem to be signing right now.

I'd be happy with this
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:27 - Jun 11 with 7363 viewsdmm

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:19 - Jun 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yes agreed. Owens I’ve seen very little of but what I have seen I liked. Amos probably most likely of the 3 to play regularly next season but may need easing in, similar to Willock. Bettache I’d have thought will go out on loan especially if we sign Dozzell.

I felt sorry for Bettache last season as he sat on the bench game after game. He really does need a loan out this season and I think Owens does too given he's hardly kicked a ball in anger for the last two seasons.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:27 - Jun 11 with 7362 viewshantssi

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:15 - Jun 11 by Jogo

It's hard to get excited about signing a player you've never seen play.

Thing is, we moan because we not heard of them, then moan because we’re too late sign the unheard of players.
Club can’t seem to win either way.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:37 - Jun 11 with 7294 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:27 - Jun 11 by dmm

I felt sorry for Bettache last season as he sat on the bench game after game. He really does need a loan out this season and I think Owens does too given he's hardly kicked a ball in anger for the last two seasons.

They seem to be developing Bettache in a similar way to Chair. In and around the first team to start with but not featuring much. Then presumably out on loan for more games. Then if all goes well back to us to play a more prominent role. Might be similar with Charlie Kelman too.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 13:37]

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:41 - Jun 11 with 7247 viewsgolborne

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:27 - Jun 11 by hantssi

Thing is, we moan because we not heard of them, then moan because we’re too late sign the unheard of players.
Club can’t seem to win either way.

LTC replacement in case SJ deal can't be done
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 14:29 - Jun 11 with 7011 viewsBklynRanger

Think this is an interesting post on that Ipswich thread. Looks and sounds like the sort we might be able to get in the microwave:

'The lad's been crying out for some proper coaching, motivation and team structure about him for the last three years. If he hadn't suffered *that* injury he'd have been long gone already by now - either because he'd been able actually use his ability in a properly drilled and coached Mick team and been poached or ha definitively shown he wasn't up to it. Hurst and Lambert wasted three years of his career for him.'
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 15:09 - Jun 11 with 6806 viewsrsonist

It's in these moments we can feel especially grateful for having Norf to explain every Willock/Amos/Goss/Ravel stop on the young-signing-o-meter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024