Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M 02:12 - Jun 18 with 23872 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Never done one before.

Heart says 3-0 and head says ‘yeah probably’.

England win, everyone shrugs their shoulders

Scotland win (or draw), and we’ll never hear the end of it.

Scotland nothing to lose.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 11:30]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 07:17 - Jun 18 with 3829 viewsdistortR

they haven't had much to lose since 1698, hasn't helped them much.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 07:26 - Jun 18 with 3820 viewsRs_Holy

I can see England not being as motivated for this one as Scotland. The game will pan out similarly to the Denmark v Belgium match…
2-1 to England (fingers crossed)
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:05 - Jun 18 with 3756 viewsHooparoo

Alba gu brath!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:28 - Jun 18 with 3719 viewsToast_R

All respect to Scotland but if England cant win this comfortably then we've no chance in the ro16. As long as they play the match and not the occasion which with the players and manager we have now, will be drilled into them as standard.

Scotland are an English Championship level team and whats more, they are prone to big individual mistakes
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:32 - Jun 18 with 3712 viewsRangersw12

I'm confident it will be a professional 2 nil win. Scots will huff and puff but lack any real quality or flair

I see their fans are already embarrassing themselves in London. Getting run over by motorbikes and generally being a pest
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:35 - Jun 18 with 3704 viewsbosh67

It depends how up for it Scotland are. If they come out all guns blazing it could end up 1-1. If England do what they should professionally then I would guess 2-1. I think Scotland will score.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:37 - Jun 18 with 3695 viewsdanehoop

I reckon it will be a low scoring cagey game and perhaps a draw.

England don't need to do anything other than draw to progress. They wont risk anything to do more than is needed to do that as they will see it as being one game in a longer campaign.

Scotland need to win. They will be pumped up, fierce and determined. Whilst they have some quality players. England's defence is comparatively suspect, but the midfield/forward line is strong and has goals in it to punish any mistakes. I think that will be the difference, although Scotland will make a real go of it and it will be a lot closer than it looks on paper, England get no worse than a draw.

Never knowingly understood

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:55 - Jun 18 with 3653 viewsMrSheen

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:37 - Jun 18 by danehoop

England don't need to do anything other than draw to progress. They wont risk anything to do more than is needed to do that as they will see it as being one game in a longer campaign.

Scotland need to win. They will be pumped up, fierce and determined. Whilst they have some quality players. England's defence is comparatively suspect, but the midfield/forward line is strong and has goals in it to punish any mistakes. I think that will be the difference, although Scotland will make a real go of it and it will be a lot closer than it looks on paper, England get no worse than a draw.

If Scotland chase a win, they'll lose. If they aim for a draw, they could win. Clear?

1-1
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:07 - Jun 18 with 3616 viewsToast_R

Serious question - the rain where I am approx 12 miles from Wembley, is absolutely hammering it down. Conditions for tonight's match maybe a bit soggy. This reminded me that Wembley stadium has a roof right?
In 2007 when the Walley with the brolly's England side failed to qualify in the wet conditions at Wembley that night, which had a major affect on at least one of the Croatia goals, why wasn't the bloody roof on that night then eh?

Was there a reason?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:10 - Jun 18 with 3605 viewsMrSheen

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:07 - Jun 18 by Toast_R

Serious question - the rain where I am approx 12 miles from Wembley, is absolutely hammering it down. Conditions for tonight's match maybe a bit soggy. This reminded me that Wembley stadium has a roof right?
In 2007 when the Walley with the brolly's England side failed to qualify in the wet conditions at Wembley that night, which had a major affect on at least one of the Croatia goals, why wasn't the bloody roof on that night then eh?

Was there a reason?

Home advantage, never rains in Croatia, does it?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:12 - Jun 18 with 3609 viewsWegerles_Stairs

England 1 Scotland 2 (Adams, Dykes)
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:18 - Jun 18 with 3586 viewsRog

Was there a reason?

There's no roof. There are some movable bits at the end to allow more sun in for grass conditioning but there's no roof over the whole thing.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:25 - Jun 18 with 3565 viewsCamberleyR

Was there a reason?

The roof isn't and never has been fully retractable and can't cover the playing surface like the one at the Millennium Stadium can. I think the original plan when being rebuilt was to have a fully closing roof like the MS but it was dropped.

https://help.wembleystadium.com/support/solutions/articles/7000028186-does-the-r

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:32 - Jun 18 with 3536 viewsBklynRanger

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 07:26 - Jun 18 by Rs_Holy

I can see England not being as motivated for this one as Scotland. The game will pan out similarly to the Denmark v Belgium match…
2-1 to England (fingers crossed)

More or less this probably, but a good competitive match would be a nice treat.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 09:49 - Jun 18 with 3498 viewsGaryT

Sod it, I'm going for a dominant England display, everything falls into place and we steam roller them 3-0. I was going to add Dykes scores a consolation worldy in injury time but I've just checked and I've gone for 3-0 in my prediction so sorry Dykes, Pickford leaping like a salmon tipped it round the post.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 9:50]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:19 - Jun 18 with 3421 viewslondonscottish

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 08:37 - Jun 18 by danehoop

There are too many rickets in Scotand's defence to avoid conceding at least 2.

I'm hoping there's at least 1 consolation goal to ease the pain of watching Scotland in a knockout competition.......

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:23 - Jun 18 with 3403 viewsdaveB

I'm expecting a tight and tense game, Scotland will play the game of their lives but England should win

I personally hope we absolutely batter them and they all go off crying in their Croatia shirts
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 10:24 - Jun 18 with 3398 viewsdaveB

Was there a reason?

I was there that night and although it did really piss down it was more that prat leaving Beckham and Crouch on the bench plus starting Scott Carsen in goal that cost us that game rather than the rain
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 11:28 - Jun 18 with 3299 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Watching every big mouth on TV saying England have got this in the bag is giving me the jitters.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 12:27 - Jun 18 with 3175 viewsonlyrinmoray

England v Scotland always difficult for me lived in Scotland since I was 23 So lived longer up here than in England

I think England will stuff the Scots 2 or 3 nil The difference in class is huge Yet I won’t take any pleasure in that If Scotland are playing anyone else I would support them especially with Dykes playing although I don’t see him starting today Never been a great supporter of national football it’s QPR first for me
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:44 - Jun 18 with 3045 viewsPhilmyRs

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 12:27 - Jun 18 by onlyrinmoray

England v Scotland always difficult for me lived in Scotland since I was 23 So lived longer up here than in England

I think England will stuff the Scots 2 or 3 nil The difference in class is huge Yet I won’t take any pleasure in that If Scotland are playing anyone else I would support them especially with Dykes playing although I don’t see him starting today Never been a great supporter of national football it’s QPR first for me

I'm worried about this one, simply because I can't see anything other than an England win which is never good. I think it would have been a very tense affair had we failed to win our first game but as it is, we sit pretty, joint top, knowing that if we lose it will still be in our hands to qualify. I think that should make for a better performance, although the conditions may impact on that.

I think if we do one or two tweaks from the Croatia game - Chilwell or Shaw full back as a definite change and either Grealish or Rashford, probably in place of Foden, I think it would cause the Scots a lot of problems. We should go on the front foot, really take it to them from the first minute.

3-1 for me.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 13:56 - Jun 18 with 3024 viewsR_from_afar

My wife is Scottish so we will be a household divided during this one, but that's if we are actually able to watch the game. There is a power cut in the Bracknell area and if SSE don't fix it before the game, the wicker man will be making an appearance.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 14:00 - Jun 18 with 3013 viewsHarbour

Dykes hatrick 4-3 England
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 14:07 - Jun 18 with 3000 viewsdaveB

Fascinating interview here with Kalvin Phillips, quite sad talking about his Nan who died this year, not quite the prat i expected after he tried to kill Geoff Cameron

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 M on 14:09 - Jun 18 with 2997 viewsed_83

Agree with everyone saying it'll be a tight game. England were cagey against Croatia, and have generally been pretty disciplined / conservative under Southgate, whereas Scotland will come into it really fired up. I expect England will try and weather that adrenaline through the first 15 - 20 minutes then gradually turn the screw.

I reckon the relative depth of each team's bench could end up making the difference. Not sure I'd fancy being a Scottish defender, having presumably spent 70 minutes with England doing most of the attacking, watching them bring on Sancho, Rashford and Grealish.

But who knows? If Scotland nick an early goal, if England miss a bunch of chances or drop some clangers in defence (neither of which are unthinkable) and the pressure starts getting to them, or if Scotland turn it into more of a physical battle (particularly with the weather being so bad) I can see them making it very competitive.

Still going 2-0 England on balance, though. They're better on paper all over the pitch, and when placed in that exact situation this squad have consistently beaten the teams they're expected to beat, unlike the complacency England have shown in previous tournaments.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 14:11]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024