Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? 16:33 - Jun 27 with 7996 viewsbollockchops

and how much are you prepared to pay before you say enough is enough ! and how much is peroni in the crown and septre these days ?
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:02 - Jun 27 with 4424 viewsMedwayR

I went out the other week, a pint seems to cost about £6 these days, I know they need to make up for lost revenue but still

Poll: Who’s better?

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:23 - Jun 27 with 4368 viewsNorthernr

I shall let you know post Tuesday's piss up in there.

I'll tell you what has gone up ridiculously is train tickets. Went up to Preston last week for a holiday in the Lakes, booked two and a half months in advance and exploring a variety of dates and off peak times and trains the cheapest I could get was £100 adult return. £200 for two adults to go from Euston to fcking Preston, that's going to sting on away days if it's now the norms. Not so long ago I prided myself on being able to get us anywhere for £35 return.

The first class option was £650 return for two

I've noticed they're withholding weekend advance sales on that route from August onwards, which I presume is an engineering thing rather than a football thing. If you want to do London to Preston return on July 24 (the last Saturday they've got on sale) the cheapest is £78 return. We've got at least three aways on that route this season (Preston, Blackburn, Blackpool).

This post has been edited by an administrator
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:27 - Jun 27 with 4338 viewsBucksRanger

Paying in advance for High Speed 2 perhaps. Best bring your own lager too.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:31 - Jun 27 with 4315 viewsNorthernr

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:27 - Jun 27 by BucksRanger

Paying in advance for High Speed 2 perhaps. Best bring your own lager too.

Unless you're on the East Coast where LNER is persisting with dry trains, because apparently Covid lives in bottles of Peroni and comes out to get you if it finds out you're travelling from London to Newcastle. London to Carlisle is fine though, all the tinnies you like on that journey.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:35 - Jun 27 with 4294 viewsbollockchops

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:23 - Jun 27 by Northernr

I shall let you know post Tuesday's piss up in there.

I'll tell you what has gone up ridiculously is train tickets. Went up to Preston last week for a holiday in the Lakes, booked two and a half months in advance and exploring a variety of dates and off peak times and trains the cheapest I could get was £100 adult return. £200 for two adults to go from Euston to fcking Preston, that's going to sting on away days if it's now the norms. Not so long ago I prided myself on being able to get us anywhere for £35 return.

The first class option was £650 return for two

I've noticed they're withholding weekend advance sales on that route from August onwards, which I presume is an engineering thing rather than a football thing. If you want to do London to Preston return on July 24 (the last Saturday they've got on sale) the cheapest is £78 return. We've got at least three aways on that route this season (Preston, Blackburn, Blackpool).

This post has been edited by an administrator

snap i was trying to go MK to Bristol and they wanted £200 ,i can only assume that freedom day 2 isnt gonna happen and we will be the same as Scotland which is august the something ! and is that credit card still behind the bar if Derby go down ha ha ?
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:37 - Jun 27 with 4286 viewsBucksRanger

Well it is brewed in Italy... you can't be too sure. Isolate the bottles for 10 days beforehand and get your offy to issue all necessary travel documents. Whatever you do, don't give the Peroni a secret cuddle... you never know who might be looking in.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 17:40]
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:47 - Jun 27 with 4244 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't know how much they charges before they opened up!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 17:57 - Jun 27 with 4204 viewsPlanetHonneywood

No. But it’s still about £10!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 18:00 - Jun 27 with 4194 viewsqpr_1968

pint of guiness in the princess victoria is now £5.60.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 18:19 - Jun 27 with 4151 viewscolinallcars

I've been lucky, been in about 28 pubs since reopening and all but one seem to be the same price as before. The only one to show a steep increase was the Westleton Crown in Suffolk - a pint of Adnams up from £3.85 to £4.70.
Of course these days when prices do go up it's in 5p multiples rather than the old penny or two.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 18:23 - Jun 27 with 4140 viewsNorthernr

Ok here we go, crown and sceptre beer, no idea what it was before...

Pride £4.45
Peroni £5.70
Guinness £5.15
neck Oil £5.85
Amstel £4.75
Heineken £5.15
regular Diet Coke £2.60
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 18:36 - Jun 27 with 4105 viewsdenhamhoop2

Yes but only because there is a new Landlord and the 10 percent discount the regulars got ended 3 years ago apparently
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 18:39 - Jun 27 with 4098 viewsSnipper

There was a group of us pub crawling down the river in Hammersmith last Saturday.
We were sitting outside The Ship on the benches and I bought a round of drinks via the app. It came to over £58.
Before I clicked to confirm the order and pay, I noticed that they’d added just over £6 for a service charge.
The drinks were expensive enough without adding that charge.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:10 - Jun 27 with 4029 viewsBlackCrowe

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 18:39 - Jun 27 by Snipper

There was a group of us pub crawling down the river in Hammersmith last Saturday.
We were sitting outside The Ship on the benches and I bought a round of drinks via the app. It came to over £58.
Before I clicked to confirm the order and pay, I noticed that they’d added just over £6 for a service charge.

Had similar at the Wych Elm in Kingston. £6.40 (SIX POUNDS, FORTY) for a pint of Moretti which is hiked enough but then a 10% service charge.

I know pubs need to recoup lost money but it's a bizarre tactic, particularly when people have got used to stocking up in supermarkets and home-supping. Haven't been back there since, nor will I, and i go to the pub 2 or 3 times a week. Commercial suicide.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:15 - Jun 27 with 4017 viewscolinallcars

Two points to consider, as we mostly pay by card now, we don't always note the price. Also there was a time when the price of a pint had to be on display “at the point of dispense”. I don't think pubs have to do this any more.
Me, I'm just thankful to be back in the rub-a-dub.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:18 - Jun 27 with 4006 viewsSK_hoops

Still plenty of cheap pints about. Found loads in London under £4.

Cheapest I've paid was £2.75 for a pint of Old Speckled Hen in North Ealing.

If you include happy hour then £1.75 for a John Smith's in Acton.

None of these were in a Wetherspoons.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:45 - Jun 27 with 3930 viewsGroveR

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:18 - Jun 27 by SK_hoops

Still plenty of cheap pints about. Found loads in London under £4.

Cheapest I've paid was £2.75 for a pint of Old Speckled Hen in North Ealing.

If you include happy hour then £1.75 for a John Smith's in Acton.

None of these were in a Wetherspoons.

£3.20 for Fosters in the White Horse. £2.85 for Carlsberg but I'd sooner felate a white horse.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:49 - Jun 27 with 3909 viewsSK_hoops

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:45 - Jun 27 by GroveR

£3.20 for Fosters in the White Horse. £2.85 for Carlsberg but I'd sooner felate a white horse.

White horse is alright before a match.
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:52 - Jun 27 with 3901 viewsqpr_1968

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:45 - Jun 27 by GroveR

was in the greystoke last week.....cheap enough pub.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 19:56 - Jun 27 with 3876 viewsterryb

I know we're far cheaper in Ipswich than London, but I paid £3.80 for a pint of Pedigree yesterday in a Marston's pub.

There is not a chance that would have been cheaper pre Covid!
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 20:01 - Jun 27 with 3856 viewscolinallcars

All this drinking disgusts me…..
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 20:19 - Jun 27 with 3813 viewsShotKneesHoop

Still only £3.30 at the Stag West Acre for a pint of Barn Ale, or Worth The WaIt or Little Sharpie or Afternoon Delight or Swedish Blonde from local micro breweries such as Humpty Dumpty or Tydd Steam or Beeston Brewery. Also got advance return ticket from Peterborough to York for £17 return to visit the York Tap which has the best choice of real ales in the universe. You just need time to sniff out the best deals.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 06:57 - Jun 28 with 3533 viewscyprusmel

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 18:00 - Jun 27 by qpr_1968

pint of guiness in the princess victoria is now £5.60.

O'Neills in Pafos, Cyprus, charge around 3 pounds a pint and it's good, well of course "Guinness is good for you".
Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 07:59 - Jun 28 with 3491 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Yes, in every pub I've been in.

I don't mind though if it helps keep them open.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 08:08 - Jun 28 with 3471 viewsRBlock

Has the price of a pint gone up in your local since it opened up again ? on 18:39 - Jun 27 by Snipper

Awful pub, The Ship. Worked there many moons ago and walked out after a week because of poorly it was run. Trades almost entirely off the back of it's location. Much rather The Black Lion, The Dove, or The Blue Anchor.

I was in The Raven for the last England game and was paying £6.00 something for a Guinness, which seemed extortionate. I didn't have it pegged as that upmarket of a pub. The Askew was still doing them at £4.00 something, which is decent for London.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024