Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WRDCFC get away with it again 18:04 - Jul 2 with 60145 viewsLeedsR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57701348
WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:07 - Jul 2 with 14300 viewsNorthernr

The way I read it they have to refile three sets of accounts by August 18, without the Melnomics work arounds, so that will likely trigger a points deduction then.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:10 - Jul 2 with 14277 viewsstowmarketrange

£100,000 compared to our record fine just about sums it all up.I know we broke the rules by a long way,but haven’t direby just taken the pish almost as much as we did?
WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:11 - Jul 2 with 14272 viewsLeedsR

I think the link updated when I attached it. They still get to play in the Championship though don’t they, even if the accounts don’t stack up.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:21 - Jul 2 with 14193 viewstoboboly

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:11 - Jul 2 by LeedsR

I think the link updated when I attached it. They still get to play in the Championship though don’t they, even if the accounts don’t stack up.

Yep, and seeing how long the Football League takes any points deductions on the back of the resubmitted accounts will be deducted for the 2036/37 season

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:27 - Jul 2 with 14169 viewscolinallcars

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:21 - Jul 2 by toboboly

Yep, and seeing how long the Football League takes any points deductions on the back of the resubmitted accounts will be deducted for the 2036/37 season

I wonder if fans'll be allowed in for the 2036/7 season ?
WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:55 - Jul 2 with 14072 viewsSnipper

If the boot was on the other foot, and Wycombe had transgressed in any way, they’d have been deducted so Derby could stay up.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 19:00 - Jul 2 with 14039 viewsstowmarketrange

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:55 - Jul 2 by Snipper

If the boot was on the other foot, and Wycombe had transgressed in any way, they’d have been deducted so Derby could stay up.

Ain't that the truth.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 20:17 - Jul 2 with 13813 viewsTomS

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:07 - Jul 2 by Northernr

The way I read it they have to refile three sets of accounts by August 18, without the Melnomics work arounds, so that will likely trigger a points deduction then.

I agree. They'll apply the appropriate punishment should the revised accounts demonstrate a breach of the FFP rules. Until then, it's only speculation as to whether Derby broke them or not and you can't convict without proving your case beyond reasonable doubt.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 23:59]
Login to get fewer ads

WRDCFC get away with it again on 22:40 - Jul 2 with 13562 viewsterryb

Derby are a long way from being out of the woods yet.

They had to submit their accounts for the year ending 30/6/20 by the end of Wednesday, but at this moment they still have not done so. More relevant is that they are still to submit the accounts for the year ending 30/6/19. This may be what the EFL are finally able to nail them on. The EFL equivalent to Al Capone being convicted of tax evasion.

The "profit" from the sale of the gound was in their accounts for the year ending 30/6/18, so this is the last time they will benefit from it for FFP. The wheels are grinding extremely slowly, but eventually the EFL will get their man/club!
WRDCFC get away with it again on 07:43 - Jul 3 with 13351 viewsfrancisbowles

WRDCFC get away with it again on 20:17 - Jul 2 by TomS

I agree. They'll apply the appropriate punishment should the revised accounts demonstrate a breach of the FFP rules. Until then, it's only speculation as to whether Derby broke them or not and you can't convict without proving your case beyond reasonable doubt.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 23:59]

'beyond a reasonable doubt' is for criminal cases.

This should be a balance of probabilities decision, i.e. is it more likely that they broke the rules or less likely?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 12:31]
WRDCFC get away with it again on 08:36 - Jul 3 with 13249 viewsNorthernr

Of course what they’re now saying is that the already laughably high valuation of their stadium sale which dug them out of the Sht before was actually, wouldn’t you just know it, £30m higher, which probably puts them in the clear.

WRDCFC get away with it again on 12:37 - Jul 3 with 12921 viewsfrancisbowles

WRDCFC get away with it again on 08:36 - Jul 3 by Northernr

Of course what they’re now saying is that the already laughably high valuation of their stadium sale which dug them out of the Sht before was actually, wouldn’t you just know it, £30m higher, which probably puts them in the clear.

Revaluation reserve? WTF is that?

Seems that if you sell a property to someone you know, you can go back years later and say that it is worth more than you paid so I m calling in more money.

WRDCFC get away with it again on 15:04 - Jul 3 with 12787 viewsslmrstid

Ultimately the number of accounting tricks they pull is irrelevant. Cash is king, and they havent got any left. Mel isnt providing any/hasnt got any left to fund it, and they cant find a new owner with any cash either.

You can see the results of this at the moment with them having no players left and those they have got not getting paid. Just delaying the inevitable.

I like how one guy on the Twitter asks "can we use this to sign players/pay wages?"

No mate, no you cant. It doesnt exist.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 16:48 - Jul 3 with 12618 viewsPinnerPaul

WRDCFC get away with it again on 15:04 - Jul 3 by slmrstid

Ultimately the number of accounting tricks they pull is irrelevant. Cash is king, and they havent got any left. Mel isnt providing any/hasnt got any left to fund it, and they cant find a new owner with any cash either.

You can see the results of this at the moment with them having no players left and those they have got not getting paid. Just delaying the inevitable.

I like how one guy on the Twitter asks "can we use this to sign players/pay wages?"

Excellent point.

Its the essentially the same one Lee Hoos keeps making - without the owners stumping up £1M every month, we're stuffed.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 10:02 - Jul 4 with 12288 viewsfrancisbowles

WRDCFC get away with it again on 15:04 - Jul 3 by slmrstid

Agree with you but any potential buyers have probably been 'walking away' because of the state of their books and possible fines or points deductions. This is the latest in their string of desperate attempts to 'keep treading water' and hope the perception of their business improves and their saviour appears.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 12:40 - Jul 4 with 12134 viewsthemodfather

the league hammered luton cos newell spoke out and said the truth about agents and fees , derby have been very lightly fined and it seems the efl don't want to take the point off and send derby down, why? owls got a deduction which sent them down, brum before them. qpr were heavily fined and it was world news, cos we broke new rules trying to compete, oh well, juggling books and accounts is ok then
WRDCFC get away with it again on 09:23 - Jul 5 with 11681 viewsrsonist

WRDCFC get away with it again on 12:40 - Jul 4 by themodfather

the league hammered luton cos newell spoke out and said the truth about agents and fees , derby have been very lightly fined and it seems the efl don't want to take the point off and send derby down, why? owls got a deduction which sent them down, brum before them. qpr were heavily fined and it was world news, cos we broke new rules trying to compete, oh well, juggling books and accounts is ok then

Why don't you have a look at what's actually going on instead.... the EFL are desperate to do them and everyone else over but (through their own ineptitude) keep getting custard pied in court.

WRDCFC get away with it again on 10:09 - Jul 5 with 11571 viewsnix

WRDCFC get away with it again on 08:36 - Jul 3 by Northernr

Won't they have to pay capital gains on the sale. Not sure if it applies to football stadiums but if so it would be 10-20% of the growth in value.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 10:40 - Jul 5 with 11521 viewsfrancisbowles

WRDCFC get away with it again on 10:09 - Jul 5 by nix

Won't they have to pay capital gains on the sale. Not sure if it applies to football stadiums but if so it would be 10-20% of the growth in value.

Good question Nix, so I searched and

https://www.gov.uk/capital-gains-tax-businesses

It seems that as long as they are a limited company, then they are not liable for this tax. They just pay corporation tax on their profits, I think.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 15:59 - Jul 5 with 11197 viewsSimplyNico

Here is a link to the decision for those interested - https://www.efl.com/contentassets/873a8914e09740d3b3a8848131ea10b8/210630---efl-
WRDCFC get away with it again on 12:51 - Jul 12 with 10688 viewsenfieldargh

Interesting timeline video of DCFC's tales of wo

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

WRDCFC get away with it again on 14:37 - Jul 12 with 10470 viewsswitchingcode

WRDCFC get away with it again on 12:51 - Jul 12 by enfieldargh

Interesting timeline video of DCFC's tales of wo

Most are aware of this carnage journey but still makes horrendous viewing.Mel Morris Harry Redknapp 2 cheeks from the same arse
WRDCFC get away with it again on 15:06 - Jul 12 with 10383 viewsderbyhoop

Bearing in mind that Marriot has gone back to Peterborough (after 1 good season for FF DCFC) and they can't afford to renew Waghorn's contract, they are going to be left with Kazim-Richards and Louis Sibley.

I can't see them outside the bottom 3. With/without points deduction.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

WRDCFC get away with it again on 16:17 - Jul 13 with 10096 viewsRangersDave

why has no one on this foum produced a 'fookin vvankers' you tube clip we can insert here whenever we choose?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

WRDCFC get away with it again on 21:21 - Jul 26 with 9699 viewsrsonist

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/07/26/wayne-rooney-left-derby-midfield

Wayne Rooney is under further scrutiny at Derby after it emerged he was responsible for the injury which has sidelined midfielder Jason Knight for up to 12 weeks.

Rooney, the Derby manager, went in for a challenge on Knight during a training game and left the Republic of Ireland international with an ankle injury which threatens to rule him out for at least two months of the crisis-hit Championship club's season.

The incident occurred at Pennyhill Park, the luxury hotel and spa in Surrey where Derby recently stayed for a pre-season training camp, with Rooney taking part to make up the numbers due to the club's lack of players.

Rooney has only nine registered senior players, with two of those goalkeepers, and the absence of Knight is another damaging blow to Derby's campaign as their legal row with the Football League continues.

It is understood that Rooney's challenge with Knight was a "50-50" and an accident, but it is the 20-year-old academy product who is now facing an extended period out of action.

Rooney has endured a difficult weekend after reporting a range of photographs to Greater Manchester Police which appeared to show him asleep in a hotel room with a group of young women.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024