Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WRDCFC get away with it again 18:04 - Jul 2 with 60136 viewsLeedsR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57701348
WRDCFC get away with it again on 14:34 - Jul 28 with 4522 views80s_Boy

WRDCFC get away with it again on 14:21 - Jul 28 by rsonist

You're right, but it's hard to remember that bigger picture when a vocal element of their fanbase was giving it shamelessly large when they looked like they might get away with it. And by extension the silent majority are implicated for not saying more/anything at the time.

It's the same with Newcastle. I used to feel some sympathy for them, now I'd rather see them liquidated after how their loony conspiracy fringe has acted since the Saudi bid.

I think my problem with that argument is that fingers could be pointed at us saying that when we were clearly spending money way beyond our means we weren't very vocal about how it was affecting our finances. And yet we were very vocal when the rules we (the club, of course) had signed up to were implemented.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 15:04 - Jul 28 with 4425 viewsswitchingcode

WRDCFC get away with it again on 11:57 - Jul 27 by 80s_Boy

I think some of our fans have a strange fixation with Derby to be honest.

The bigger picture is that rogue owners are on the cusp of killing a historical football club and that's what we should be focusing on.

That goes for many other clubs fan’s especially in the championship,I find it very sad for the many decent fans of Derby county a club with a great history that’s been shafted by a mate of good old Arry
WRDCFC get away with it again (n/t) on 15:32 - Jul 28 with 4361 viewsBerkoRanger

[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 15:34]
WRDCFC get away with it again on 21:01 - Jul 28 with 4152 viewsbollockchops

bookies favourites to go down but just beat Real Betis 1-0 didnt look like relagation jobbies to me !
WRDCFC get away with it again on 21:52 - Jul 28 with 4049 viewsBlackCrowe

I think they're in trouble deep.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

WRDCFC get away with it again on 22:36 - Jul 28 with 3943 viewsTomS

WRDCFC get away with it again on 21:01 - Jul 28 by bollockchops

bookies favourites to go down but just beat Real Betis 1-0 didnt look like relagation jobbies to me !

The weird thing is, as outlined earlier in this thread, the bookies won't even quote you a price on them to be relegated. Therefore, technically, they're not favourites.....

Wait until they eventually re-present their amended financial accounts for the last three years. It's expected to happen next month, perhaps just after the season gets underway. Then sit back in a comfy chair, break out the popcorn, and watch the drama unfold.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 22:38 - Jul 28 with 3934 viewsDWQPR

WRDCFC get away with it again on 22:36 - Jul 28 by TomS

The weird thing is, as outlined earlier in this thread, the bookies won't even quote you a price on them to be relegated. Therefore, technically, they're not favourites.....

Wait until they eventually re-present their amended financial accounts for the last three years. It's expected to happen next month, perhaps just after the season gets underway. Then sit back in a comfy chair, break out the popcorn, and watch the drama unfold.

18th August is D-Day for the accounts to be submitted.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

WRDCFC get away with it again on 07:13 - Jul 29 with 3780 viewsdistortR

WRDCFC get away with it again on 14:21 - Jul 28 by rsonist

You're right, but it's hard to remember that bigger picture when a vocal element of their fanbase was giving it shamelessly large when they looked like they might get away with it. And by extension the silent majority are implicated for not saying more/anything at the time.

It's the same with Newcastle. I used to feel some sympathy for them, now I'd rather see them liquidated after how their loony conspiracy fringe has acted since the Saudi bid.

Really? With your avatar????
Login to get fewer ads

WRDCFC get away with it again on 13:10 - Jul 29 with 3582 viewsrsonist

WRDCFC get away with it again on 14:34 - Jul 28 by 80s_Boy

I think my problem with that argument is that fingers could be pointed at us saying that when we were clearly spending money way beyond our means we weren't very vocal about how it was affecting our finances. And yet we were very vocal when the rules we (the club, of course) had signed up to were implemented.

And your problem is that would be inaccurate, or that the finger is being pointed?
WRDCFC get away with it again on 13:23 - Jul 29 with 3526 views80s_Boy

WRDCFC get away with it again on 13:10 - Jul 29 by rsonist

And your problem is that would be inaccurate, or that the finger is being pointed?

Well, it's certainly not inaccurate. Most fans reveled in the fact that we were spending such vast sums of money and few questioned the long term damage it would cause to the club.

Derby fans would be more than entitled to use that as a stick to beat us with so it's not the finger pointing either.

I think the problem lies with the fact that we are, more than likely, the last set of supporters who should be judging another club's for not stopping to question expenditure.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 13:30 - Jul 29 with 3495 viewsrsonist

WRDCFC get away with it again on 13:23 - Jul 29 by 80s_Boy

Well, it's certainly not inaccurate. Most fans reveled in the fact that we were spending such vast sums of money and few questioned the long term damage it would cause to the club.

Derby fans would be more than entitled to use that as a stick to beat us with so it's not the finger pointing either.

I think the problem lies with the fact that we are, more than likely, the last set of supporters who should be judging another club's for not stopping to question expenditure.

Seems to me less a problem than an uncomfortable truth in that case.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 13:32 - Jul 29 with 3492 viewsCamberleyR

WRDCFC get away with it again on 22:52 - Jul 27 by supahoopsa

For a club that is such dire financial wowe, how on earth can they afford to put the whole team up in Pennyhill Park in Bagshot? That's a five star hotel that costs an absolute packet

Being as that's just a mile or so down the road from where I grew up and know it quite well, I was thinking exactly that myself.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

WRDCFC get away with it again on 13:35 - Jul 29 with 3476 viewsrsonist

Obviously I'm biased but I do think it would be somewhat harsh to lay meaningful blame at our door. The point I was making about Derby's gobsh1tes was more about how they revelled in their club finding their way around the rules and denial that it'd catch up to them and less about their ever having money to spend.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 13:41 - Jul 29 with 3451 views80s_Boy

WRDCFC get away with it again on 13:35 - Jul 29 by rsonist

Obviously I'm biased but I do think it would be somewhat harsh to lay meaningful blame at our door. The point I was making about Derby's gobsh1tes was more about how they revelled in their club finding their way around the rules and denial that it'd catch up to them and less about their ever having money to spend.

I completely get the angle you're approaching this from and agree to some extent, but is it fair to say that our fans made so much noise because we were caught out and didn't get away with it?
WRDCFC get away with it again on 08:33 - Jul 31 with 3171 viewsTGRRRSSS

Derby have been caught too - vthe difference seems a be on the face of it bigger club etc - but again (and I cannot see why nobody will believe this as it's so clear as every year and every club who gets in the shite like this get a pittance of a financial hit)

Why did we get a £17million fine?

Answer because they knew are owners could and would be able to swallow it.

Many of the others cannot and would not, presumably including Mel Morris.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 09:14 - Jul 31 with 3087 viewsPaddyhoops

Finacial fair play is load of old bolo x . There is none.
Citeh are about to spend 200,000 million on Grealish and kane. They sell cheap season tickets to fill up the ground. Are they a Financially viable proposition without oil money. No.
In fairness they have the Financial backing to buy titles. Derby clearly didn't and don't. They're in the brown stuff big time.
WRDCFC get away with it again on 09:36 - Jul 31 with 3054 viewssupahoopsa

WRDCFC get away with it again on 13:32 - Jul 29 by CamberleyR

Being as that's just a mile or so down the road from where I grew up and know it quite well, I was thinking exactly that myself.

Where abouts in Camberley were/are you? I grew up in Windlesham and a good mates house backed onto Pennyhill golf course. Got up to a lot of mischief there

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:36 - Jul 31 with 2840 viewsCamberleyR

WRDCFC get away with it again on 09:36 - Jul 31 by supahoopsa

Where abouts in Camberley were/are you? I grew up in Windlesham and a good mates house backed onto Pennyhill golf course. Got up to a lot of mischief there

Grew up on the Old Dean in Camberley, lived elsewhere in Camberley until 2012 before moving to Farnborough and now live in Milborne Port, Somerset which I moved to a couple of months ago.

So being a Windlesham boy, we'll have the same alma mater I presume, Collingwood?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 18:41]

WRDCFC get away with it again on 17:27 - Aug 1 with 2597 viewssupahoopsa

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:36 - Jul 31 by CamberleyR

Grew up on the Old Dean in Camberley, lived elsewhere in Camberley until 2012 before moving to Farnborough and now live in Milborne Port, Somerset which I moved to a couple of months ago.

So being a Windlesham boy, we'll have the same alma mater I presume, Collingwood?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 18:41]

Yep, I was at Collingwood from 1977 to 1983 and so know the Old Dean very well. My office was on Knoll road right by the traffic lights with the Whites garage and I would often do lunch time walks up to the Old Dean. Also played Sunday morning football and had many a match there.

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:11 - Aug 1 with 2504 viewsCamberleyR

WRDCFC get away with it again on 17:27 - Aug 1 by supahoopsa

Yep, I was at Collingwood from 1977 to 1983 and so know the Old Dean very well. My office was on Knoll road right by the traffic lights with the Whites garage and I would often do lunch time walks up to the Old Dean. Also played Sunday morning football and had many a match there.

I was at Collingwood from 1977-1983 as well! We probably know each other.

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:27 - Aug 1 with 2431 viewssupahoopsa

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:11 - Aug 1 by CamberleyR

I was at Collingwood from 1977-1983 as well! We probably know each other.

OK, I'll go first - Richard Cairns

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:31 - Aug 1 with 2416 viewsCamberleyR

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:27 - Aug 1 by supahoopsa

OK, I'll go first - Richard Cairns

Yeah, I remember you.

Martin Kelly.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 18:35]

WRDCFC get away with it again on 14:16 - Aug 3 with 1966 viewsR_from_afar

WRDCFC get away with it again on 18:31 - Aug 1 by CamberleyR

Yeah, I remember you.

Martin Kelly.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 18:35]

LFW: Reconnecting people

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

WRDCFC get away with it again on 14:39 - Aug 3 with 1887 viewsLoftgirl

WRDCFC get away with it again on 14:16 - Aug 3 by R_from_afar

LFW: Reconnecting people

WRDCFC get away with it again on 16:50 - Aug 3 with 1748 viewsTomS

David Squires has now caught up with this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/aug/03/david-squires-on

You can now back Derby to be relegated. They are odds on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024