Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing 14:05 - Jul 7 with 9979 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55256
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:18 - Jul 7 with 4400 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Looks like we now have a few strings to our bow.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:20 - Jul 7 with 4387 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:18 - Jul 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Only time will Tell.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:36 - Jul 7 with 4289 viewsDavieQPR

Would have thought he would have gone to Nottingham Forest.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:38 - Jul 7 with 4287 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Get him out on loan to Arrow and Wealdstone.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:41 - Jul 7 with 4260 views80s_Boy

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:18 - Jul 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

This post deserves more love!
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:43 - Jul 7 with 4244 viewsCLAREMAN1995

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:36 - Jul 7 by DavieQPR

Would have thought he would have gone to Nottingham Forest.

No room on that train picture but its still tempting for Clive to post it I bet
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:43 - Jul 7 with 4224 viewsrsonist

Better sense in a Jordan than more sharp Spanish archers.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:46 - Jul 7 with 4210 viewsrsonist

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:43 - Jul 7 by CLAREMAN1995

No room on that train picture but its still tempting for Clive to post it I bet

Regret to announce this meme is retired currently, they've shipped a ton out and genuinely do look a bit thin in areas...
Login to get fewer ads

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:47 - Jul 7 with 4230 viewssprocket

I might be wrong and frequently am but I think QPR plan to have a real go this season albeit not at 2013/14 levels. So this signing strikes me as a risk to that strategy. Perhaps they plan to send Walsh out until xmas and bring back for second half of season? You gotta hope that Seny does not pick up an injury. Perhaps he's not as bad as everyone says?
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:55 - Jul 7 with 4191 viewsdaveB

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:47 - Jul 7 by sprocket

I might be wrong and frequently am but I think QPR plan to have a real go this season albeit not at 2013/14 levels. So this signing strikes me as a risk to that strategy. Perhaps they plan to send Walsh out until xmas and bring back for second half of season? You gotta hope that Seny does not pick up an injury. Perhaps he's not as bad as everyone says?

I find with most players it's always worth seeing them play for us before making judgement. Dom Ball was given a similar reception
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:05 - Jul 7 with 4151 viewssprocket

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:55 - Jul 7 by daveB

I find with most players it's always worth seeing them play for us before making judgement. Dom Ball was given a similar reception

Agree to a point Dave. GK is key position though and if player does not work out it's difficult to mitigate.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:12 - Jul 7 with 4116 viewsBoston

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:20 - Jul 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Only time will Tell.

Made me go all a quiver.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:18 - Jul 7 with 4077 viewsrsonist

ahead of what we suspected (and were subsequently proved) to be superior understudies [...] Seny Dieng has, rightly, emerged

There might have been calls to give Seny a bash simply out of frustration with Lumley, but none of us in the fanbase were saying Seny was The One before he proved himself to be so.

Not saying that to score a point, just that it's a pretty important thing to always keep in mind in quizzing/critiquing the club's keeper moves (which I too have had strong and wrong opinions about).

As far as Archer goes, look around the division's other reserve stoppers, and who else is a free agent currently, you won't get much further really. (I think I recall WLS saying Luke Daniels was another we were considering besides Lonergan).
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:21 - Jul 7 with 4080 viewscyprusmel

If he's no good he will become a Spanish Archer and get the-----
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:30 - Jul 7 with 4032 viewskensalriser

Too much bother.
Use my ready reckoner.

If I haven't heard of a new signing he's shit.
If he came from Chelsea he's shit and a cnt.
If he came from Spurs it's Les and Chris's old boys network.
If he came from a Premier League club and is over 28 he's a past it mercenary.
If he comes from a club I consider to be below QPR it's a scraping the barrel signing.
If he's been injured in the last two years he's a Matthew Rose level crock and why aren't we signing players who are going to be available for selection for more than 10 games a season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:32 - Jul 7 with 4029 viewsdannyblue

Lets hope he gets a few shots on target.

Oh. errr.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 15:32]
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:37 - Jul 7 with 3988 viewsdaveB

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:05 - Jul 7 by sprocket

Agree to a point Dave. GK is key position though and if player does not work out it's difficult to mitigate.

same for any position really, if you sign a striker and they don't score goals you also have a problem.

This fella may be useless for all i know but a budget back up keeper with experience of the league seems alright to me on paper
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:42 - Jul 7 with 3980 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I hope no one nocks him until he's played.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2021 15:42]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:59 - Jul 7 with 3893 viewsMoonshineSteve

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:42 - Jul 7 by Metallica_Hoop

Ooh, technical.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 16:03 - Jul 7 with 3878 viewsfrancisbowles

Thanks Clive for the article. AFCON 2021 is being played from the 9th Jan to the 6th Feb 2022. As long as he doesn't have to leave before 1st Jan, then Seny will miss a possible four league fixtures, if Senegal progress to the final stages of the tournament, as well as the third round of the FA cup.

We could possibly loan Walsh out until January, then select from the three back up keepers while Seny is away and loan Walsh out again at the end of the window and use one of the other two for the last game, which could be the FA cup 4th round.

Archer is not coming in as first choice but we have the opportunity to try and improve him and hope he is able to step up if we are unlucky with an injury to Seny.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 16:57 - Jul 7 with 3688 viewsVancouverHoop

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:18 - Jul 7 by rsonist

ahead of what we suspected (and were subsequently proved) to be superior understudies [...] Seny Dieng has, rightly, emerged

There might have been calls to give Seny a bash simply out of frustration with Lumley, but none of us in the fanbase were saying Seny was The One before he proved himself to be so.

Not saying that to score a point, just that it's a pretty important thing to always keep in mind in quizzing/critiquing the club's keeper moves (which I too have had strong and wrong opinions about).

As far as Archer goes, look around the division's other reserve stoppers, and who else is a free agent currently, you won't get much further really. (I think I recall WLS saying Luke Daniels was another we were considering besides Lonergan).

Yes. Ramsey and Les obviously know him from their Spurs days. They must believe his character is worthwhile investing in, even if his playing history is questionable.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:01 - Jul 7 with 3674 viewsNorthernr

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 16:57 - Jul 7 by VancouverHoop

Yes. Ramsey and Les obviously know him from their Spurs days. They must believe his character is worthwhile investing in, even if his playing history is questionable.

He's cheap. That's the key here. We need a bench dwelling keeper, if that's not Barnes then why the fck they're keeping him around I don't know (this is the bit that puzzles me more than any of it, what is Dillon Barnes for?), but Archer is clearly cheap. He couldn't get a club after Millwall, he's sat on Fulham's reserves' bench for a year, on the rare occasions he has played he's been crap (and I have watched him). He's cheap. We're extending ourselves for Austin, possibly Johansen as well, you need a really cheap option for your bench sitting keeper and here it is. Whether he's a nice lad (who knows), or even any good (he's not), is secondary and tertiary I suspect.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:25 - Jul 7 with 3579 viewsbosh67

Fans react with fury as back-up goalkeeper turns out not to be Johansen.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:33 - Jul 7 with 3537 viewsgazza1

All very strange indeed, I would like to know what the thoughts are behind the signing. He must know that he is 'down the pecking order' (if he actually is!!) and for a 25 year old player that does not go down well with me. We will see in time but it will be hard for supporters to judge just how good he is if he doesn't play and I cannot see him playing much at all.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:50 - Jul 7 with 3497 viewsEsox_Lucius

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 15:42 - Jul 7 by Metallica_Hoop

He definitely seems like a 3 fingers under sort of GK.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024