Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread 13:04 - Jul 10 with 35109 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think I’ve been quite lucky so far no?

Well managed England play will defeat the Italians by the odd goal.

Here’s me putting the gauntlet down:

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:18 - Jul 10 with 4188 viewshantssi

Agree, I think (hope!) we can win a very tight affair and this seems to agree with me.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-tyne-57783337
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:28 - Jul 10 with 4175 viewsbosh67

2-1 to England within the 90 minutes having gone 1 done again.

Whatever happens I think this team will be even better in the World Cup and I think we can make and possibly win a final there as well.

I just sense that 2021-22 is our time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:37 - Jul 10 with 4140 viewsessextaxiboy

Hoping for an England win in non controversial circumstances . A well worked and taken goal from open play to look back on . Hopefully just one will be enough.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:39 - Jul 10 with 4136 viewsSnipper

The Italian newspapers are going on about Sterling diving for the penalty. They conveniently forget about Immobile play acting though.

If they beat us fairly, I’ll hold my hands up and applaud our efforts. I just hope it’s won with a moment of brilliance, rather than a dive, play acting or a mistake.

COME ON ENGLAND. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:59 - Jul 10 with 4090 viewsfrancisbowles

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 13:39 - Jul 10 by Snipper

The Italian newspapers are going on about Sterling diving for the penalty. They conveniently forget about Immobile play acting though.

If they beat us fairly, I’ll hold my hands up and applaud our efforts. I just hope it’s won with a moment of brilliance, rather than a dive, play acting or a mistake.

Italian newspapers! Just trying to pressure the ref in advance of tomorrow.

It was a penalty, three attempts to foul the player which resulted in him falling over. It's our best way to attack them tomorrow, run at them in the box. Crosses in for a header will likely be eaten up by their central defenders.

Whatever happens, I hope we don't go one down.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:04 - Jul 10 with 4076 viewsMalintabuk

Every feeling I have is this will be quite attritional. If Italy go 1 up I expect all manor of sh!thousery from them and it could be a steep learning curve for these younger players
I can see this going to penalties and then the lottery that is. Only plus with that is we do have some decent penalty takers in the squad
Be wonderful if we can get that early goal that always opens up one offs and then I really think we will have too much for Italy in an open game
So 1-1 for me and edging in on penalties. Well I can dream
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:20 - Jul 10 with 4054 viewsfrancisbowles

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:04 - Jul 10 by Malintabuk

Every feeling I have is this will be quite attritional. If Italy go 1 up I expect all manor of sh!thousery from them and it could be a steep learning curve for these younger players
I can see this going to penalties and then the lottery that is. Only plus with that is we do have some decent penalty takers in the squad
Be wonderful if we can get that early goal that always opens up one offs and then I really think we will have too much for Italy in an open game
So 1-1 for me and edging in on penalties. Well I can dream

If it goes to penalties, I hope we get the right end. Spain went out in front of the Italian fans.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:25 - Jul 10 with 4052 viewsjoe90

Tomorrow will be such a huge occasion for us. Literally a once in a life time event for many of us!

I'm feeling too nervous and excited to make a prediction, but I feel England should win. I've seen a lot of people think we'll get at least 2-0 goals...fingers crossed!

Come on England!!!!!!
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:34 - Jul 10 with 4036 viewstraininvain

Keep it tight, stay in the game until late on and our squad depth will be the difference. Similar to the Denmark game.

I just can’t see the Italian defence living with subs like Grealish, Foden, Sancho etc. But I think they’ll try to blow us out the water early on. Should be a good game.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:40 - Jul 10 with 4027 viewsStanmiguel

Whatever the outcome, at least it's played havoc with TV schedules.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:58 - Jul 10 with 3993 viewsBoston

2-1 England. “They don’t like it up ‘em !”

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 16:43 - Jul 10 with 3932 viewsBazzeR

Foden missed training today with a slight injury,for me he would be a starter ahead of Sacko and Sancho if fit.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 17:36 - Jul 10 with 3879 viewsthemodfather

all this comes down too, "what have the romans ever done for us" !!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 17:43 - Jul 10 with 3871 viewsCLAREMAN1995

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 14:25 - Jul 10 by joe90

Tomorrow will be such a huge occasion for us. Literally a once in a life time event for many of us!

I'm feeling too nervous and excited to make a prediction, but I feel England should win. I've seen a lot of people think we'll get at least 2-0 goals...fingers crossed!

Come on England!!!!!!

I believe it will be a high scoring very entertaining game with England winning 3-1 or 3_2 .
Critical that they score first of course like most teams once they have the lead they play free flowing stuff.Sad to see Foden is a huge doubt he brings a lot of energy and passion especially when the other team is chasing
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 17:48 - Jul 10 with 3859 viewsMick_S

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 17:43 - Jul 10 by CLAREMAN1995

I believe it will be a high scoring very entertaining game with England winning 3-1 or 3_2 .
Critical that they score first of course like most teams once they have the lead they play free flowing stuff.Sad to see Foden is a huge doubt he brings a lot of energy and passion especially when the other team is chasing

Regarding Foden - I sense an Immobile recovery.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 17:55 - Jul 10 with 3849 viewsdistortR

Alas, I think whoever scores first will close shop - won't be a great game for the neutrals.
Verratti v Phillips might be an interesting sub-plot.
I worry the Italians might have a little bit more nous
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:05 - Jul 10 with 3824 viewsqpr_1968

1-1 full time.
england winning 3-2 in extra time.....no dreaded penalties.

don't give a crying duck who scores, as long as we win.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:07 - Jul 10 with 3818 views80s_Boy

I've been trying to convince myself all week that getting to this stage is a wonderful achievement and I am happy enough with that.

Maybe it's also manifested itself because I think that we're not going to do this and although it's going to be close I see us slipping up 1-0 or 2-1.

I'm worried that we've peaked and we've seen the best we've got to give in this tournament and Italy were average against Austria and should have lost against Spain and possibly haven't given their best performance yet.

Hope I'm wrong.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:10 - Jul 10 with 3805 viewsMick_S

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:07 - Jul 10 by 80s_Boy

I've been trying to convince myself all week that getting to this stage is a wonderful achievement and I am happy enough with that.

Maybe it's also manifested itself because I think that we're not going to do this and although it's going to be close I see us slipping up 1-0 or 2-1.

I'm worried that we've peaked and we've seen the best we've got to give in this tournament and Italy were average against Austria and should have lost against Spain and possibly haven't given their best performance yet.

Hope I'm wrong.

It’s hope, mate. My “dreaded” scenario is Italy being in a position to play out the last twenty and for them to stifle the game. Shithousery central.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:15 - Jul 10 with 3788 viewstoboboly

Didn't Italians invent diving in football?

Edit:and complete shithousery. They make the Danes look like angels
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 18:18]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:26 - Jul 10 with 3757 viewsBazzeR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:07 - Jul 10 by 80s_Boy

Hope I'm wrong.

Only the Keeper would get in the England team imo so don’t understand your thoughts.

England will never have a better opportunity to win this trophy the way things have panned out.

I hope the players believe the trophy is there to be won and are certainly not just happy to be part of the final like you are.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:29 - Jul 10 with 3751 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 17:36 - Jul 10 by themodfather

all this comes down too, "what have the romans ever done for us" !!

They built a wall to keep the Scots out.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:40 - Jul 10 with 3734 viewsBoston

Unusual morning for me, met two lads who will also be watching the game. Gave a bloke a hand(needed the carriage he was using), loading his van at the Home Depot in Somerville, turned out he was from Luton, then back at the plant we're working in, one of the loaders turned out to be from Twickenham..yes, a Brentford man. Big day for football chatter all round between them, myself and the Palace and Millwall blokes who were with me today.
So the predictions for tomorrow were....

QPR 2-1
Palace ..England win on penalties
Millwall...0-2
Luton...0-2
Brentford...1-0.

Mixed bag of opinions here in New England.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 18:41]

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:51 - Jul 10 with 3709 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:26 - Jul 10 by BazzeR

Only the Keeper would get in the England team imo so don’t understand your thoughts.

England will never have a better opportunity to win this trophy the way things have panned out.

I hope the players believe the trophy is there to be won and are certainly not just happy to be part of the final like you are.

In my defence my post opened up with 'I've been trying to convince myself that I am happy to have reached this stage'.

Of course I want us to win, of course the players should believe they can but I'm not certain that we will and the 'happy have made this stage' is probably a defence mechanism.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Italy 🇮🇹 Match Thread on 18:56 - Jul 10 with 3698 viewsCiderwithRsie

England have started very strongly in the last towo matches. A big if, but if we do again and get an early goal it will be a challenge for Italy.

If we don't score early I reckon it'll get quite cagy

Italy scoring first will be very bad for my blood pressure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024