Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ghost hunters — Awayday 12:42 - Jul 11 with 2329 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55270
Ghost hunters — Awayday on 13:16 - Jul 11 with 2217 viewsAntti_Heinola

Very much like the players, Clive has had a bit of time off, but has kept himself trim with occasional articles so that pre-season proper won't be too much of a shock to the system. And immediately you can see the freshness in his prose in this joyful article, as he wraps us in the comfort of his classic touchstones: away days, quality of beer, childhood memories, defending from set pieces, mention of rugby.

The call of the green summer turf has reached his nostrils and the old fervour is back, coursing through his veins once more, the nerve endings refreshed and yet to be frayed by the Thursday/Friday-Saturday/Sunday-Monday/Tuesday-Wednesday/Thursday (delete as appropriate) slog that is the Championship reporting season. Drink it in. These are the days we can dream and revel in hope before Austin gets injured in the first game, De Wijs gets injured for being 'too professional' and is out til Xmas, Chair is sold for £2m to Sheff Utd and Warbs is sacked in September after a 3-0 home loss to Bristol City (Wells 12, 18, 71) and half the board calls for Warnock to come back for one last run.

Bare bones.

Ghost hunters — Awayday on 13:23 - Jul 11 with 2206 viewsBazzeR

It seems a common theme for perceived talented strikers like Armstrong to be played in wide positions whilst in their early careers.

Where there any hints on his abilities regarding his first touch,pace and ball skills ?
Ghost hunters — Awayday on 14:34 - Jul 11 with 2061 viewsdistortR

lovely stuff, last paragraph had me guffawing away, and interesting insight into how we may use games at this level.
Ghost hunters — Awayday on 14:44 - Jul 11 with 2043 viewsrsonist

Ghost hunters — Awayday on 13:16 - Jul 11 by Antti_Heinola

Very much like the players, Clive has had a bit of time off, but has kept himself trim with occasional articles so that pre-season proper won't be too much of a shock to the system. And immediately you can see the freshness in his prose in this joyful article, as he wraps us in the comfort of his classic touchstones: away days, quality of beer, childhood memories, defending from set pieces, mention of rugby.

The call of the green summer turf has reached his nostrils and the old fervour is back, coursing through his veins once more, the nerve endings refreshed and yet to be frayed by the Thursday/Friday-Saturday/Sunday-Monday/Tuesday-Wednesday/Thursday (delete as appropriate) slog that is the Championship reporting season. Drink it in. These are the days we can dream and revel in hope before Austin gets injured in the first game, De Wijs gets injured for being 'too professional' and is out til Xmas, Chair is sold for £2m to Sheff Utd and Warbs is sacked in September after a 3-0 home loss to Bristol City (Wells 12, 18, 71) and half the board calls for Warnock to come back for one last run.

"Too professional" really was a cracker wasn't it...
Ghost hunters — Awayday on 15:10 - Jul 11 with 1971 viewsrsonist

"Dean Inman free to head home unchallenged from a corner for the hosts, which gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside"

By the by, has the stat that we were allegedly the third best in the league at defending set pieces ever come up on here?

https://dataviz.theanalyst.com/season-reviews/2020/?competition_id=10&season

Ghost hunters — Awayday on 15:25 - Jul 11 with 1940 viewsfrancisbowles

Well no need for a pre season warm up for you, straight back on top form.

Thanks for the report and clearing up who scored the second.
Ghost hunters — Awayday on 17:51 - Jul 11 with 1744 viewsNW5Hoop

Goals aside, how did Matteo look in goal? So excited that he's got a game. We've known him since he was seven. He used to keep goal for my son's team, and even as a kid who had had no coaching at all he was amazing. Basically, thanks to him, our lot almost never conceded. He went round a few clubs before coming to QPR — he was considered a bit short to be a goalie, I think. Really hope he can kick on.
Ghost hunters — Awayday on 17:56 - Jul 11 with 1736 viewsNorthernr

Ghost hunters — Awayday on 17:51 - Jul 11 by NW5Hoop

Goals aside, how did Matteo look in goal? So excited that he's got a game. We've known him since he was seven. He used to keep goal for my son's team, and even as a kid who had had no coaching at all he was amazing. Basically, thanks to him, our lot almost never conceded. He went round a few clubs before coming to QPR — he was considered a bit short to be a goalie, I think. Really hope he can kick on.

Exactly as you would expect for a keeper of that age and size. He made a whole load of really impressive shot saves, but looked a little drowned under high balls in a crowded penalty area. Stood behind the subs for the final 15 ear wigging and the goalkeeper coach, who I strongly suspect I’d THE Ademola Bankole, was talking to a H&R counter part about how highly they think of him.
Login to get fewer ads

Ghost hunters — Awayday on 23:13 - Jul 11 with 1509 viewsnix

Thanks for the write up. Spoiling us as ever. Loved the Tinder story!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 23:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024