Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My mum. 23:05 - Jul 15 with 13587 viewsSnipper

I’ve been the principal carer for my mum along with my niece for the last few years.
I’ve been very lucky having a job where I can do late shifts practically all the time.

She was given 2 months back in late February as it was discovered that she has a sizeable hole in her heart. I’ve treated each and every day like a bonus day.

She’s been deteriorating slowly, but took a big decline on Monday night/Tuesday morning.
We’re now just playing the waiting game. She’s a tough old Irish woman who’s made of stern stuff.

I’m just sitting here now holding her hand while playing old Irish songs on Alexa on a low volume, as I know she can here it. She likes listening to Larry Cunningham and Johnny McEvoy especially.

I count myself as extremely lucky to have a mum like her. We take things for granted in life, but I’ve definitely been lucky to have been blessed with her.

Sorry for burdening you all with this post, but I’m feeling emotional tonight while sitting here.
My mum. on 23:09 - Jul 15 with 4549 viewsozexile

My thoughts are with you. Never forget the love and the happy times. Stay strong .
My mum. on 23:09 - Jul 15 with 4548 viewslightwaterhoop

Your not burdening anyone.God bless you both.
My mum. on 23:12 - Jul 15 with 4533 viewsenfieldargh

Be strong my friend, I was with my mum for her last breaths on this earth.

Cherish the happy memories.

Thinking of you at this traumatic time

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

My mum. on 23:12 - Jul 15 with 4532 viewsCiderwithRsie

No burden on any of us, it is a privilege for us if you feel posting here helps with the load.

All the best to both of you, I hope her passing is peaceful and you both are proud of each other.
My mum. on 23:21 - Jul 15 with 4495 viewsted_hendrix

Keep your chin up Mark as best you can, keep holding her hand, God bless.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

My mum. on 23:23 - Jul 15 with 4485 viewsSharpy36

God bless you both bud.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

My mum. on 23:31 - Jul 15 with 4473 views80s_Boy

You're not burdening anyone and if it has helped you to get through some of this evening then we're glad you took the time to post.

Thoughts are with you both.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2021 23:38]
My mum. on 23:38 - Jul 15 with 4442 viewsKonk

It will mean everything that you’re there with your Mum. Everything. I’d tell her how much you love her and chat about all your memories that make her such a special Mum. Wishing you and your family all the love and strength.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

My mum. on 00:06 - Jul 16 with 4402 viewsNed_Kennedys

Your Mum will feel so blessed and comforted that you are with her now.
God bless you both.
My mum. on 00:18 - Jul 16 with 4390 viewsLeedsR

God bless you all. It’s everything that you’re there with her. Take care.
My mum. on 00:29 - Jul 16 with 4379 viewsMrSheen

Good luck Snipper, all the best to your Mum, been 10 years without mine. Strange shifting from being dependent to caring for her, but a privilege too to give a little bit back.

Johnny McEvoy, used to listen to him a lot in the car. Here comes the Boston Burglar…
My mum. on 00:35 - Jul 16 with 4364 viewsbob566

All the best snipper. Tough times. Enjoy holding her hand and playing her favourite tunes. You're a good son.
My mum. on 00:43 - Jul 16 with 4357 viewsLythamR

Thoughts are with you both, best wishes, mums are incredibly special
My mum. on 02:09 - Jul 16 with 4319 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Incredible powerful post Snipper God bless your Mother and prayers and thoughts to you and your family tonight and in the days ahead .She sounds like a beautiful soul and can feel such love around her tonight I have no doubt .
My mum. on 02:21 - Jul 16 with 4310 viewsBoston

I became an orphan 17 months ago. She, like Snips mother, was one tough Irish lady. Ninety two and a half, with an F you attitude ‘til the day she died in Northwick Park. I wasn’t a particularly easy child to have around, heavy drinker, often in trouble, Old Bill appearing at the door for me to help them with their enquiries, you name it, blah blah, blah. Actually, moving to the US was a real bonus for our relationship, being distant gave me the space to appreciate her iron will and, why my dad (who I got on well with), had been her partner (until his death), for 53 years.
Reaching older age Is when people need to talk, often about nothing or just be around for simple things like listening to their favourite radio or tv, the company and even half interest from you means a lot.
I can sense you’re doing a great job Snipper.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

My mum. on 04:16 - Jul 16 with 4273 viewsstowmarketrange

Best wishes to you both.She is also lucky to have a son like you who takes the time to be with her when she needs you the most.Cherish the time you have left with her.My mum has been gone 17 years,but I didn’t get the chance to say goodbye,and that is something I’ll always regret,but your mum won’t die alone,and that will be a great comfort you both.
All the best mate.
My mum. on 05:05 - Jul 16 with 4260 viewsPlanetHonneywood

…and sounds like your mum was blessed to have a wonderful son and granddaughter too!

May you enjoy these moments together and having gone through something similar a few years ago, don’t forget to look after yourselves as well. Something like this is incredibly draining on you physically, emotionally and mentally.

Big hugs.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

My mum. on 07:01 - Jul 16 with 4182 viewsessextaxiboy

Thinking of you and your Mum today . I hope she is peaceful and enjoying the songs .
My mum. on 07:26 - Jul 16 with 4137 viewswestberksr

my thoughts go out to you and your Mum.

That you're there for her & have been when she needed care speaks volumes of you as a son and her as a mother now that the pendulum has swung and you've become the carer.

it sounds like you have a lovely relationship and hopefully she will gain comfort from you being there. She also sounds like a tough old bird too.
My mum. on 07:34 - Jul 16 with 4126 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’m sorry to read this Snipper.

All the best to you and your family.
My mum. on 07:41 - Jul 16 with 4113 viewsBlackCrowe

Wishing you comfort and golden memories mate. Having just gone through similar, my biggest fear was that i would only remember my Dad how he was in the last 3 years or so of his life and not how he was before. Since his death, going through photo albums and letters and stuff that he wrote, has restored my memory of him pre-decline and i am so thankful for that.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

My mum. on 07:49 - Jul 16 with 4092 viewsPaddyhoops

She sounds like my mum who passed 10 years ago.
A hardy Roscommon woman who also adored johhny mcevoy and Larry cunningham.
All the best Snipper .
My mum. on 08:00 - Jul 16 with 4080 viewsPhildo

sending love mate
My mum. on 08:09 - Jul 16 with 4055 viewsRs_Holy

"I count myself as extremely lucky to have a mum like her. We take things for granted in life, but I’ve definitely been lucky to have been blessed with her".... beautiful words Snipper... my thoughts are with you and your mum
My mum. on 08:27 - Jul 16 with 4009 viewsdublinr

It sounds like you are doing all the right things, and that should be a comfort to you as you comfort her.

My thoughts are with you both.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024