Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Field injured 15:05 - Jul 22 with 5585 viewsQPRSteve

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-new-qpr-signing-suffers-knee-injury

Let's hope its not too bad
Field injured on 15:17 - Jul 22 with 4675 viewsdanehoop

It was all going just a bit too well.......

That WLS has reported this as a story makes me worried as they probably wouldn't have done so for a minor knock. Just hope its nothing serious, we have had a enough knee injuries to last a life time as a club. Fingers crossed for Field.

Never knowingly understood

Field injured on 15:17 - Jul 22 with 4680 viewsPinnerPaul

Indeed.

Must have happened after the picture of him looking fit and well that's on the offy at the moment!
Field injured on 16:14 - Jul 22 with 4422 viewssimmo

Good luck to him and let's hope it's a minor thing.

A big part of our success this season will come down to managing the fitness and availability of players in the way we did 2nd half of last season. Field, De Wijs, Dozzell, Odubajo (nearly) all signed with questionable injury records, it's a measured risk and part of why we were able to get these guys, but could easily be our undoing if they suffer these consistent problems.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Field injured on 16:58 - Jul 22 with 4224 viewsStanisgod

And so it begins.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Field injured on 17:38 - Jul 22 with 4077 viewsbarbicanranger

oh dear. having a scan it says on the offish. that doesn't sound good to me. drats.
Field injured on 17:46 - Jul 22 with 4049 viewsbosh67

It's not sounding good. If it is a longer injury at least we have Amos back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Field injured on 18:57 - Jul 22 with 3921 viewsCiderwithRsie

Really sad for him, he seems a good lad and must have been hoping this would be his break-out season.
Field injured on 21:44 - Jul 22 with 3651 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hopefully Sam Field will be back soon, like the way he steadies up the midfield. Let's just hope it is not a major injury.
Login to get fewer ads

Field injured on 22:31 - Jul 22 with 3524 viewsgazza1

Doesnt sound too good to me......for an article to be on the QPR website about Field and a planned scan normally suggests that it could well be serious. Lets hope I am reading too much into it.
Field injured on 23:02 - Jul 22 with 3465 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fingers crossed.

Might not be the dreaded ACL.
It might also be nothing or might also be a small tear.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Field injured on 23:27 - Jul 22 with 3415 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dozzell and Ball starting in the Dcm positions then……not what we had hoped for 😞
Field injured on 23:37 - Jul 22 with 3376 viewsMyke

Field injured on 17:38 - Jul 22 by barbicanranger

oh dear. having a scan it says on the offish. that doesn't sound good to me. drats.

I wouldn't read too much into the scan. They are pretty routine nowadays even for minor injuries, much more so than in the past. let's wait and see
Field injured on 09:42 - Jul 23 with 2958 viewsbosh67

I was talking to a football friend last night and said that one of our players had suffered a knee injury. They asked how his other knee was? It's a good point really because I hadn't thought of it that way. One knee out of two isn't so bad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Field injured on 09:45 - Jul 23 with 2945 viewsToast_R

Has he done a Richard Ord...?
Field injured on 11:06 - Jul 23 with 2836 viewsAntti_Heinola

Field injured on 17:46 - Jul 22 by bosh67

It's not sounding good. If it is a longer injury at least we have Amos back.

people keep saying this. I'd be surprised if he's back in the side before October, and even if he does come in he's likely to pick up minor injuries at first as his body re-adjusts. Realistically, he's not going to be full tllt for minimum 6 months i wouldn't have thought.

Bare bones.

Field injured on 13:11 - Jul 23 with 2611 viewssprocket

MCL injury (medial collateral ligament). Out for a "few" months according to Sean Gallagher.

Very tough given his injury history.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2021 13:12]
Field injured on 13:27 - Jul 23 with 2524 viewsHunterhoop

Field injured on 13:11 - Jul 23 by sprocket

MCL injury (medial collateral ligament). Out for a "few" months according to Sean Gallagher.

I’ve done my MCL and my ACL (full knee reconstruction surgery required). IF this is just a straightforward MCL tear, he’ll be out 2-3 months but should be fine thereafter.

The key is that there is no damage to the meniscus (which I had and wasn’t sorted in surgery which means my knees make a racket and sometimes are painful) nor any minor damage to the ACL they’ve missed.

Good luck to him.

Big loss for the first 2 months of the season. Felt he could have been our PoTY. Hopefully we’re still top half when he returns.
Field injured on 13:41 - Jul 23 with 2450 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Field injured on 13:11 - Jul 23 by sprocket

Could have been worse.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Field injured on 14:55 - Jul 23 with 2292 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yeah, still gutted for him but sounds like it could have been worse. Assuming Johansen is on at least the press is off a bit and his recovery can be planned.
Field injured on 15:03 - Jul 23 with 2267 viewsaston_hoop

3-4 month according to the doc.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/sam-field-to-undergo-knee-surgery-230721/

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Field injured on 15:56 - Jul 23 with 2129 viewsdmm

I'm now wondering if Waburton will include Owens or Bettache in the first team squad to give some extra cover. With Field out until say, November, and Amos not ready just yet, that would leave Johansen, Ball and Dozzell in CM.

If we play 352 it's not so bad as Chair and Willock can flank one of the CMs in the middle 3. But still, one of those lads might be needed just in case.
Field injured on 16:20 - Jul 23 with 2021 viewsgolborne

Field injured on 15:56 - Jul 23 by dmm

I'm now wondering if Waburton will include Owens or Bettache in the first team squad to give some extra cover. With Field out until say, November, and Amos not ready just yet, that would leave Johansen, Ball and Dozzell in CM.

If we play 352 it's not so bad as Chair and Willock can flank one of the CMs in the middle 3. But still, one of those lads might be needed just in case.

It leaves us with Ball only for that position, as I get the feeling Dozzell plays on the front foot. As does Johannsson when he's at his best. Such things only happen out of desperation, but I always wonder why they couldn't try to move a ball playing centre back into that holding role.
I'd never doubt Balls effort, but he gets drawn to the ball too easily and ends up letting his own man slip past him too often. He's a defensive midfielder who ends up leaving a great big hole, bless him.
Field injured on 16:25 - Jul 23 with 1990 viewsJevlar

Shame for Field, must be absolutely gutting, and for it to be so close to the start of a new campaign.

Given how many players we've signed with a slightly concerning injury record, I do wonder if Warbs might have to go against his own ethos of having a 22/23 man squad so we've got some cover.
Field injured on 16:26 - Jul 23 with 1976 viewsBklynRanger

Field injured on 15:03 - Jul 23 by aston_hoop

3-4 month according to the doc.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/sam-field-to-undergo-knee-surgery-230721/

Not the worst possible news knee-wise but not good at all. Back by Xmas or before then hopefully I suppose.
Field injured on 17:37 - Jul 23 with 1805 viewsbarbicanranger

Gutted for the lad and for us. We do seem to have a few fragile signings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024