Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olympic action 02:04 - Jul 24 with 8562 viewsSott

Having a sleepless night,just watching the rowing,much talk amongst the commentators about " stroking a pair "

Frankie Howard would be proud.
Olympic action on 02:31 - Jul 24 with 5116 viewsBoston

You're probably the only person in the world woken up by the Olympics.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Olympic action on 02:49 - Jul 24 with 5105 viewsSott

Olympic action on 02:31 - Jul 24 by Boston

You're probably the only person in the world woken up by the Olympics.

Ha! You're right Boston, not exactly mouthwatering viewing, much prefer the winter Olympics, more exciting events and also,after the euros, a bit of a damp squib ,some of the new sports might be interesting but not holding my breath,am itching for Rs to get back at it though
Olympic action on 07:28 - Jul 24 with 5014 viewsRanger_Things

Men's road race looks tough, the humidity out there is something else.
Olympic action on 10:33 - Jul 24 with 4844 viewsstevec

Let us know when the gymnastics and swimming are over, might start watching it.

Just looked at the BBC presenters list, Clare Balding, Alex Scott, Matt Baker, Gabby Logan. Could be a long three weeks.
Olympic action on 12:40 - Jul 24 with 4758 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I love the Olympics, favourite sporting event by a mile and I’ll be watching anything and everything for the next three weeks.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Olympic action on 13:01 - Jul 24 with 4711 viewsMaggsinho

What a machine Adam Peaty is, just won his heat with the fastest qualification time and barely looked out of breath
Olympic action on 13:01 - Jul 24 with 4703 viewsBAWHoops

Olympic action on 10:33 - Jul 24 by stevec

Let us know when the gymnastics and swimming are over, might start watching it.

Just looked at the BBC presenters list, Clare Balding, Alex Scott, Matt Baker, Gabby Logan. Could be a long three weeks.

Really?
Balding, Scott and Logan are 3 of the best in the game!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Olympic action on 13:04 - Jul 24 with 4701 viewsstevec

Olympic action on 13:01 - Jul 24 by BAWHoops

Really?
Balding, Scott and Logan are 3 of the best in the game!

They’re good at what they do. I just don’t like what they do.
Login to get fewer ads

Olympic action on 13:11 - Jul 24 with 4691 viewsderbyhoop

Olympic action on 07:28 - Jul 24 by Ranger_Things

Men's road race looks tough, the humidity out there is something else.

Good finish. Even if they were left competing for Silver.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Olympic action on 13:12 - Jul 24 with 4691 viewsaston_hoop

Can't knock the Olympics. Always end up obsessed with a sport I never thought I cared about

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Olympic action on 14:53 - Jul 24 with 4623 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I have loved the Olympics since I was a child and seeing as we had no TV we would drive the much older neighbors nuts showing up late at night to watch them on that shaky black and white TV.
QPR fans cry about or ignore the 86 Milk Cup Final but the dagger blow from my earlier days was the Montreal Olympics in 1976 where Irelands great hope Eamon Coughlin crushed our hearts by finishing 4th in the mile after cruising into the final as heavy favorite .
Last 12 years its been all about Bolt for me that man was incredible .
I cannot get excited this year with the time difference,zero fans,and the looming thread of a complete Covid cancellation its losing its appeal. I even missed Ireland on the tape delayed parade of nations as it was not in alphabetical order for some reason
Olympic action on 16:07 - Jul 24 with 4594 viewsSott

Olympic action on 14:53 - Jul 24 by CLAREMAN1995

I have loved the Olympics since I was a child and seeing as we had no TV we would drive the much older neighbors nuts showing up late at night to watch them on that shaky black and white TV.
QPR fans cry about or ignore the 86 Milk Cup Final but the dagger blow from my earlier days was the Montreal Olympics in 1976 where Irelands great hope Eamon Coughlin crushed our hearts by finishing 4th in the mile after cruising into the final as heavy favorite .
I cannot get excited this year with the time difference,zero fans,and the looming thread of a complete Covid cancellation its losing its appeal. I even missed Ireland on the tape delayed parade of nations as it was not in alphabetical order for some reason

Used Japanese alphabet apparently and ended with next hosts
Olympic action on 16:08 - Jul 24 with 4591 viewsdontknowitall

Been watching the women's beach volleyball, 10 minutes into the game and there's been a wrist injury already...

Hopefully I will be okay for work on Monday....
Olympic action on 17:19 - Jul 24 with 4552 viewswood_hoop

Olympic action on 14:53 - Jul 24 by CLAREMAN1995

I vaguely remember the last Japanese Olympics, not that much but set me up to try and be an Olympian, travel to exoctic countries for free and run around which I thought was so neat.

County cross country, down the field a bit was the best I could manage, somehow the GB OC missed my great talent.

Will still watch a fair bit but the magic is definetly not there without the crowds.
Olympic action on 19:39 - Jul 24 with 4499 viewsRanger_Things

Olympic action on 13:11 - Jul 24 by derbyhoop

Good finish. Even if they were left competing for Silver.

Yep a great sprint for places but Billy's break for gold was pretty special considering just how hard the race was.
Olympic action on 20:03 - Jul 24 with 4479 viewsRanger_Things

Olympic action on 13:12 - Jul 24 by aston_hoop

Can't knock the Olympics. Always end up obsessed with a sport I never thought I cared about

Check out Sky Brown, she's only 13 and representing GB in skateboarding.

This was her a week back winning gold at X Games:

And what can go wrong if you make a mistake!
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/sky-brown-injury-accident-fall-hosp

This isn't competition but a pretty mental jump:

Also have a look at Shauna Coxsey in the climbing event. Should be decent viewing and she may be in with a chance of a medal.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 23:03]
Olympic action on 15:51 - Jul 25 with 4324 viewsRanger_Things

The women's road race was fantastic. Stuff of dreams.
Olympic action on 17:09 - Jul 25 with 4272 viewsSott

Gotta say,the skateboarding was unbelievable quality, gravity defying tricks
Olympic action on 17:24 - Jul 25 with 4252 viewsRanger_Things

Olympic action on 17:09 - Jul 25 by Sott

Gotta say,the skateboarding was unbelievable quality, gravity defying tricks

Men's street was good to watch. They definitely put on a good show and I liked it that the odds-on favourite didn't win. I think the Park comp will be very special.
Olympic action on 17:25 - Jul 25 with 4250 viewsWirralHoop

2012 was one of the best 2 weeks of my life.

Today in on the edge of my seat watching Taekwondo. Only in The Olympics

3am though for Adam Peaty a step too far.
Olympic action on 19:43 - Jul 25 with 4172 viewsLythamR

Olympic action on 15:51 - Jul 25 by Ranger_Things

The women's road race was fantastic. Stuff of dreams.

made all the better by the commentators discounting her and then lambasting her for going to early at 40k when she left the other 2 behind
Olympic action on 08:25 - Jul 26 with 4071 viewsSott

Van de poel crashes in the mountain biking and tom pidcock rushes past the leaders to romp to gold,at 21!!
Olympic action on 08:28 - Jul 26 with 4067 viewsaston_hoop

Diving gold and mountain bike gold for GB and I havent even finished my breakfast! great start to the day

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Olympic action on 10:10 - Jul 26 with 3970 viewsRanger_Things

Olympic action on 08:25 - Jul 26 by Sott

Van de poel crashes in the mountain biking and tom pidcock rushes past the leaders to romp to gold,at 21!!

Fantastic result for Pidcock, he’s the future of British cycling. Can’t wait to see him on his road bike at the Tours.
Olympic action on 10:21 - Jul 26 with 3959 viewsstowmarketrange

Olympic action on 17:25 - Jul 25 by WirralHoop

2012 was one of the best 2 weeks of my life.

Today in on the edge of my seat watching Taekwondo. Only in The Olympics

3am though for Adam Peaty a step too far.

It was worth taping just for the post race interview.A couple of f bombs were dropped and I was only half listening until the swearing started.
And a big hand for Arthur’s son Tom on finally getting his hands on a gold medal.Sorry if people were taping it for later.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024