Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall tickets 07:08 - Jul 24 with 14506 views1MoreBrightonR

Have the club mentioned anywhere yet if tickets will go on sale at all for this? Or is expected to be a lower capacity and season ticket holders only?
Millwall tickets on 18:45 - Jul 26 with 2603 viewsDieByYourSide

Millwall tickets on 18:24 - Jul 26 by 80s_Boy

It appears that general sale means general sale....

I mean, what could possibly go wrong offering tickets on general sale for the first proper match we've all been able to attend for 17 months, and against a club whose fans are normally restricted to how many tickets they get at Loftus Road and are only allowed to buy tickets in an away end if they are season ticket holders or members?

Well exactly.

Doesn't take a genius to work out it's asking for trouble, so why on earth the club would allow it to happen is beyond me. Can see that the usual extra info about ticket restrictions isn't on there though - get why people are putting two and two together...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Millwall tickets on 18:55 - Jul 26 with 2557 viewsRangersw12

Millwall tickets on 18:45 - Jul 26 by DieByYourSide

Well exactly.

Doesn't take a genius to work out it's asking for trouble, so why on earth the club would allow it to happen is beyond me. Can see that the usual extra info about ticket restrictions isn't on there though - get why people are putting two and two together...

You need a client ref to get a ticket
Millwall tickets on 19:00 - Jul 26 with 2528 viewsstowmarketrange

Millwall tickets on 18:39 - Jul 26 by danehoop

Having had the joys of Millwall previously I think I'll give this one a miss. Never seen such utter fk'tards around the ground desperately trying to start trouble on anyone not dragging their knuckles along the floor.

Just so many completely moronic idiots at that game that required so much attention from police and stewards. Hate them.

That is the idea of a good day out for a lot of their fans(?)A bit of intimidation of home fans,smash up a pub or two and a scrap for the lucky ones.
And the club still say they have wonderful fans,but do little to curb their behaviour at home or away.And the police don’t help by letting them out at the same time as our fans.
Millwall tickets on 19:01 - Jul 26 with 2527 viewsDieByYourSide

Millwall tickets on 18:45 - Jul 26 by DieByYourSide

Well exactly.

Even having it as ambiguous/open to interpretation as it is isn't a good move from the Club.

On the fence about coming cause you're nervous about reopening? Can we sweeten the deal with the prospect of being sat next to a Millwall fan

Poll: And it's hi ho

Millwall tickets on 19:03 - Jul 26 with 2514 views80s_Boy

Millwall tickets on 18:55 - Jul 26 by Rangersw12

You need a client ref to get a ticket

I just created a new account and got all the way through to payment.

This is on proper general sale.
Millwall tickets on 19:13 - Jul 26 with 2489 viewsRangersw12

Millwall tickets on 19:03 - Jul 26 by 80s_Boy

I just created a new account and got all the way through to payment.

This is on proper general sale.

In that case I would imagine we will be giving them the whole away end
Millwall tickets on 19:15 - Jul 26 with 2484 views80s_Boy

Millwall tickets on 19:13 - Jul 26 by Rangersw12

In that case I would imagine we will be giving them the whole away end

You'd like to think so.

Since 2010 - when they were at their worse - they have been given the upper tier only and even then not all blocks.

They need to calm down the demand for tickets in their end by giving them as many as possible.
Millwall tickets on 13:07 - Jul 27 with 2135 views80s_Boy

Login to get fewer ads

Millwall tickets on 13:41 - Jul 27 with 2083 viewsBlue_Castello

Millwall tickets on 13:07 - Jul 27 by 80s_Boy

Wow if the Met Police seriously think the Millwall fans will behave they need some psychotherapy, the last time we gave them both tiers they decided to see if they could intimidate everybody in Shepherds Bush and once in the ground they decided to rip out seats as potential missiles.
The only way to reduce the chance of violence is to give them the minimum amount of tickets which is the upper tier only, we've just come out of Covid and now we're just inviting trouble into the ground.......
Millwall tickets on 13:44 - Jul 27 with 2076 viewsMick_S

Millwall tickets on 13:41 - Jul 27 by Blue_Castello

Wow if the Met Police seriously think the Millwall fans will behave they need some psychotherapy, the last time we gave them both tiers they decided to see if they could intimidate everybody in Shepherds Bush and once in the ground they decided to rip out seats as potential missiles.
The only way to reduce the chance of violence is to give them the minimum amount of tickets which is the upper tier only, we've just come out of Covid and now we're just inviting trouble into the ground.......

Head scratchingly feckin’ stupid.

The decision mate, in case that wasn’t clear.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 13:45]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Millwall tickets on 13:48 - Jul 27 with 2066 viewsRangersw12

Millwall had a little bee in their bonnet about us leading up to that game so I wasn't surprised how they acted that night

It will likely be a similar police operation to Luton game a few years ago so expect roads shut off and unlikely to see a Wall fan until you get in the ground
Millwall tickets on 13:54 - Jul 27 with 2054 viewsBlue_Castello

Millwall tickets on 13:48 - Jul 27 by Rangersw12

Millwall had a little bee in their bonnet about us leading up to that game so I wasn't surprised how they acted that night

It will likely be a similar police operation to Luton game a few years ago so expect roads shut off and unlikely to see a Wall fan until you get in the ground

You are probably correct they will close off some access, we park the other side of Wormholt park and walk to the ground, sitting in R block, I'm guessing we will have to walk all the way round the ground purely because they can't trust the Wall fans to act like human beings....
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 13:55]
Millwall tickets on 13:54 - Jul 27 with 2054 views80s_Boy

Can't see any pubs in Shepherd's Bush being allowed to open.
Millwall tickets on 13:57 - Jul 27 with 2048 viewsPinnerPaul

Millwall tickets on 13:54 - Jul 27 by Blue_Castello

You are probably correct they will close off some access, we park the other side of Wormholt park and walk to the ground, sitting in R block, I'm guessing we will have to walk all the way round the ground purely because they can't trust the Wall fans to act like human beings....
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 13:55]

I reckon that's now an extra hour - half hour for the scenic route and half hour for the tickets!
Millwall tickets on 14:03 - Jul 27 with 2036 viewsRangersw12

Millwall tickets on 13:54 - Jul 27 by 80s_Boy

Can't see any pubs in Shepherd's Bush being allowed to open.

Of course the pubs will be open

What would the police rather have loads of fans milling about or in pubs which are easy to police
Millwall tickets on 14:04 - Jul 27 with 2031 views80s_Boy

Millwall tickets on 14:03 - Jul 27 by Rangersw12

Of course the pubs will be open

What would the police rather have loads of fans milling about or in pubs which are easy to police

I've been to more QPR vs MIllwall games where pubs weren't allowed to be open than I have where they were....

On the occasions where they were it was limited as to who could use them and not all were open.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 14:05]
Millwall tickets on 14:07 - Jul 27 with 2016 viewsswitchingcode

So glad we aren’t having to accommodate those idiots again,if it’s only for a season.They don’t do humour everything revolves around violence and ruining decent fans day.As many have pointed out whenever I’ve been to the New Den we have always been restricted to the top tier.I suppose you could say at least you are getting this out the way early.
Millwall tickets on 14:13 - Jul 27 with 1991 views80s_Boy

Millwall tickets on 14:07 - Jul 27 by switchingcode

So glad we aren’t having to accommodate those idiots again,if it’s only for a season.They don’t do humour everything revolves around violence and ruining decent fans day.As many have pointed out whenever I’ve been to the New Den we have always been restricted to the top tier.I suppose you could say at least you are getting this out the way early.

Its a myth that we only get allocated the Upper Tier at Millwall.

We're not on a list of clubs likely to cause trouble over there so the Police wouldn't have an issue, the problem is that QPR would have to buy every seat in advance and pay for the extra stewards and Police needed because of the increased allocation.
Millwall tickets on 14:14 - Jul 27 with 1983 viewsRangersw12

Millwall tickets on 14:04 - Jul 27 by 80s_Boy

I've been to more QPR vs MIllwall games where pubs weren't allowed to be open than I have where they were....

On the occasions where they were it was limited as to who could use them and not all were open.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 14:05]

Well I can't remember ever not being able to get into a pub against Millwall in the last 10/15 years
Millwall tickets on 14:19 - Jul 27 with 1969 views80s_Boy

Millwall tickets on 14:14 - Jul 27 by Rangersw12

Well I can't remember ever not being able to get into a pub against Millwall in the last 10/15 years

'87, '88, '89 were all definitely closed and I think 93 + 95 were VERY restricted or all closed too.

If I remember correctly the LSA had to hire security guards for those last 2 or The White City Community Club were going to prevent them from using it.
Millwall tickets on 14:41 - Jul 27 with 1939 viewsRangersw12

Millwall tickets on 14:19 - Jul 27 by 80s_Boy

'87, '88, '89 were all definitely closed and I think 93 + 95 were VERY restricted or all closed too.

If I remember correctly the LSA had to hire security guards for those last 2 or The White City Community Club were going to prevent them from using it.

I'm 38 so my first game against Millwall was cup game in 1995!
Millwall tickets on 14:42 - Jul 27 with 1932 views80s_Boy

Millwall tickets on 14:41 - Jul 27 by Rangersw12

I'm 38 so my first game against Millwall was cup game in 1995!

Bloody youngsters 😂
Millwall tickets on 15:23 - Jul 27 with 1863 viewsswitchingcode

Millwall tickets on 14:13 - Jul 27 by 80s_Boy

Its a myth that we only get allocated the Upper Tier at Millwall.

We're not on a list of clubs likely to cause trouble over there so the Police wouldn't have an issue, the problem is that QPR would have to buy every seat in advance and pay for the extra stewards and Police needed because of the increased allocation.

Never knew that but sounds feasible but sure clubs like Leeds have never had the bottom tier even though they could easily fill it
Millwall tickets on 15:30 - Jul 27 with 1837 views80s_Boy

Millwall tickets on 15:23 - Jul 27 by switchingcode

Never knew that but sounds feasible but sure clubs like Leeds have never had the bottom tier even though they could easily fill it

West Ham have been given it on a couple of occasions.

Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Palace and Charlton too.

I think in recent years clubs have baulked at the extra cost as I think it works out at something like £75 per seat due to increased costs so they have to stump up over £100k in advance.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 15:32]
Millwall tickets on 15:45 - Jul 27 with 1798 viewsWalnut

FWIW, we were given downstairs over there in 2004/5 under Olly. The only team that season to do so as West Ham were restricted to upstairs
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 15:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024