Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread 12:55 - Jul 31 with 26983 viewsenfieldargh

No squirrels today . Remember the first time I saw Jamie Vardy in the flesh for the first time.

Hope for an injury free good performance win loose or draw

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 22:32 - Jul 31 with 2971 viewsBoston

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 22:08 - Jul 31 by Esox_Lucius

I am still hoping the EFL will reverse their decision and reinstate them over WRDC

Hmm, if Rooney ever goes to Wycombe it will be WWW.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 01:19 - Aug 1 with 2667 viewsHunterhoop

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 18:23 - Jul 31 by CliveWilsonSaid

I like De Wijs too but Dunne does bring something a little bit different. Seems to have a big impact. De Wijs is more subtle.

From the limited evidence, I do not know how anyone thinks Dunne brings more than De Wijs currently.

The defence has played significantly worse in the two main friendlies after De Wijs has gone off.

De Wijs, if fit, starts, ahead of Dunne and, if necessary, Barbet, for me. Hugely underrated centre half.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 08:57 - Aug 1 with 2355 viewseastside_r

Just seen the highlights. My initial suspicions form yesterday confirmed - that was never a penalty.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 10:16 - Aug 1 with 2191 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just watched the highlights back too and I'm still not sure.

When you go that far out you have to be 100% and I'm not sure it is. I don't think VAR would have overturned it either. Probably the right decision by the referee.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 10:24 - Aug 1 with 2156 viewsstevec

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 08:57 - Aug 1 by eastside_r

Just seen the highlights. My initial suspicions form yesterday confirmed - that was never a penalty.

Ball or not, keeper wipes out the forward on a 50/50 then you can be sure it’ll be a penalty.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 10:26 - Aug 1 with 2150 viewsCiderwithRsie

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 01:19 - Aug 1 by Hunterhoop

From the limited evidence, I do not know how anyone thinks Dunne brings more than De Wijs currently.

The defence has played significantly worse in the two main friendlies after De Wijs has gone off.

De Wijs, if fit, starts, ahead of Dunne and, if necessary, Barbet, for me. Hugely underrated centre half.

Agreed, but I can imagine Dunne having to play a few times even if de Wijs isn't actually injured, to manage stress. I'm pleased to see Dunne looks decent and I expect him to improve with coaching and with experience in a higher league.

With the way we're playing, de Wijs and Dickie are going to be called on a lot as last line of defence, experience is going to count.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 10:29 - Aug 1 with 2133 viewsdistortR

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 10:26 - Aug 1 by CiderwithRsie

Agreed, but I can imagine Dunne having to play a few times even if de Wijs isn't actually injured, to manage stress. I'm pleased to see Dunne looks decent and I expect him to improve with coaching and with experience in a higher league.

With the way we're playing, de Wijs and Dickie are going to be called on a lot as last line of defence, experience is going to count.

And Barbet.
I think he's under-rated. Yeah, he makes mistakes, but we've consistently been better with him then without.
Also, as we saw yesterday , perm any 3 of the 4 in Barbet, De Wijs, Dickie and Dunne, they are a serious threat at set pieces.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 10:41 - Aug 1 with 2098 viewsfrancisbowles

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 01:19 - Aug 1 by Hunterhoop

Yes, I totally agree with that. De Wijs looked very comfortable playing against and bossing top division forwards yesterday. Reads the game extremely well, seems to sense danger early and very comfortable on the ball. MW just doesn't sign head it kick it merchants, although he can do this when required.
Login to get fewer ads

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 11:53 - Aug 1 with 1980 viewsrsonist

What did we make of the effect of the Dykes for Dozzell sub at HT? I'd been fairly certain one up top was the way to go as the basic template but how we came back out was impressive.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 12:11 - Aug 1 with 1933 viewsdistortR

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 11:53 - Aug 1 by rsonist

What did we make of the effect of the Dykes for Dozzell sub at HT? I'd been fairly certain one up top was the way to go as the basic template but how we came back out was impressive.

it's great, isn't it?
We have options.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 12:30 - Aug 1 with 1880 viewsPinnerPaul

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 20:50 - Jul 31 by Esox_Lucius

I don't think Millwall have played like that since Neil Harris left. Wycombe will be the most physical side we will meet I think.

Not really Millwall specific. Badly worded there by me perhaps, but there hasn't been a bad tackle in the 3 pre season games - not something you're going to find on Saturday - new Millwall or not!
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 12:34 - Aug 1 with 1872 viewsPinnerPaul

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 10:24 - Aug 1 by stevec

Ball or not, keeper wipes out the forward on a 50/50 then you can be sure it’ll be a penalty.

Live (on screen) I thought 'corner' but seeing it again yesterday, think its a pen.

Agree with you, not a 'clear and obvious error' whichever way it went.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 12:52 - Aug 1 with 1843 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 12:34 - Aug 1 by PinnerPaul

Live (on screen) I thought 'corner' but seeing it again yesterday, think its a pen.

Agree with you, not a 'clear and obvious error' whichever way it went.

Yes you can't really expect the referee to be able to make the decision that it definitely wasn't a fowl. I'm still not sure now.

On the other hand it was possibly a great piece of goalkeeping just risky.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 12:55 - Aug 1 with 1821 viewsjohnhoop

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 12:52 - Aug 1 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yes you can't really expect the referee to be able to make the decision that it definitely wasn't a fowl. I'm still not sure now.

On the other hand it was possibly a great piece of goalkeeping just risky.

Perhaps the ref chickened out of saying it definitely wasn't a fowl?
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 13:31 - Aug 1 with 1733 viewsdistortR

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 12:55 - Aug 1 by johnhoop

Perhaps the ref chickened out of saying it definitely wasn't a fowl?

shame though, i had a home win on my capon.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 13:45 - Aug 1 with 1684 viewsPinnerPaul

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 15:58 - Jul 31 by DWQPR

Sitting in my regular seat in H block and really enjoying the football. This team is starting to remind me of 1975 especially with that kit. Something special is starting to stir in W12. Really enjoying Dozzell and Moses, keep fit and we have two cracking signings there. And just looked on the Foxestalk message board, quite a few compliments

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/126406-qpr-3pm/page/15/#comments

Not as sensible as I thought.

More than a few 'Rogers Out' 'Relegation' and 'Perez and Vardy are ****' posts at half time!

I know I've been critical of a few ott reactions on here, but blimey!!!!!!
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 13:57 - Aug 1 with 1661 viewsrsonist

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 13:45 - Aug 1 by PinnerPaul

More than a few 'Rogers Out' 'Relegation' and 'Perez and Vardy are ****' posts at half time!

You don't understand, it's your sacred right as a supporter to "vent".
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:11 - Aug 1 with 1553 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Bring back Kelly, Senny OUT!

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:32 - Aug 1 with 1506 viewsNortholt_Rs

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 08:57 - Aug 1 by eastside_r

I was sitting in SAR A block and it looked a stonewall pen. No need for Dieng to make that challenge so far out, to the side of the goal and in the last minute…. Let’s hope that is his one brainfart per season out of the way! We looked terrific for much of the game. Hugely encouraging preseason.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 18:41 - Aug 1 with 1420 viewsCiderwithRsie

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 13:45 - Aug 1 by PinnerPaul

They seem to hate Perez, don't they?

But fair sense of humour from most of 'em I thought, with posters alternating between "we're going to win the league" and "we're going down" as the goals went in during the last 20 minutes.

FWIW I think they are right that Dakar looked mustard when he came on and probably a better bet than Vardy, who is starting to look his age, though that might be a pre-season fitness thing.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 20:37 - Aug 1 with 1251 viewsGloryHunter

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 17:32 - Aug 1 by Northolt_Rs

I was sitting in SAR A block and it looked a stonewall pen. No need for Dieng to make that challenge so far out, to the side of the goal and in the last minute…. Let’s hope that is his one brainfart per season out of the way! We looked terrific for much of the game. Hugely encouraging preseason.

Seny needs to work on saving penalties, too. Maybe just standing up, instead of throwing himself out of the way? (It's one of the few criticisms I have of him).
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 21:42 - Aug 1 with 1152 viewsdmm

Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 20:37 - Aug 1 by GloryHunter

Seny needs to work on saving penalties, too. Maybe just standing up, instead of throwing himself out of the way? (It's one of the few criticisms I have of him).

There's no easy choice to make for a keeper facing a penalty. If he stands up he'll likely look like he's not trying. If he dives to one side he'll look a bit silly if he's wrong.

Keepers do research and try to read body movement and the position of the standing foot of the penalty taker as he shoots. But if you look at the goal from the penalty spot the advantage of the penalty taker is clear. Makes you wonder how Smithies saved so many pens when he was with us.
Squirrel anybody? Leicester Match thread on 18:40 - Aug 2 with 850 viewsQPRMendoza

Having had the pleasure of watching the game I really am quite amazed at how quickly we have established depth in the club. It really is quite amazing that if we were to lose Dickie or Chair there are others behind them. Moreover recent transfer activity seems to suggest that if someone does go the money we get will be invested wisely. It really is quite a strange state of affairs having such positivity in and around the club ....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024