Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! 17:01 - Jul 31 with 3110 viewsnumptydumpty

Think if this Leicester game was in the league, obviously a lot of our subs would not have been made and we would have won this game comfortably and to be fair were playing a top six outfit today and it seemed for large parts of that game we were top six prenier league and not Leicester.

Leicesters team stronger than the team Man Utd put out definitely. And their team was by no means weak either.

We still should have won the game really but at least thats happened in a pre season friendly and we can work on that. And it gives us a reality check that football is still football.

We will experience that throughout the season but the football from all players has been outstanding in these pre season friendlies

Normally I never confidently predict much as been disappointed so many times in past

Lets have a season to be proud of !!!

I seriously actually believe this group of players could in years to come be looked back and cherished.

I not said that since the early 90 s team....

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 17:37 - Jul 31 with 2972 viewsbosh67

What we have seen already with this team is that they are gelling well and moving the ball a lot faster than they did last season. That's a really good omen. When you think this is a side without Johansen yet and it's this fluid in friendlies then if they can carry these performances into the season next week and onwards we stand a pretty good chance of going for a top 6 finish.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 17:45 - Jul 31 with 2934 views80s_Boy

We deserved to beat a weakened Leicester side who are 2-3 weeks behind us in their pre season programme.

There were glimpses of good/great things to come and at one point I was drooling thinking about the possibility of putting a ridiculous amount of goals past Millwall but I think we should try to avoid reading too much into the opponents.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 19:12 - Jul 31 with 2824 viewsQPR_John

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 17:45 - Jul 31 by 80s_Boy

We deserved to beat a weakened Leicester side who are 2-3 weeks behind us in their pre season programme.

There were glimpses of good/great things to come and at one point I was drooling thinking about the possibility of putting a ridiculous amount of goals past Millwall but I think we should try to avoid reading too much into the opponents.

Leicester play in the Charity Shield next week not to mention that the Premier League starts on August 14th so not so far behind us
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 20:20 - Jul 31 with 2679 viewsfrancisbowles

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 19:12 - Jul 31 by QPR_John

Leicester play in the Charity Shield next week not to mention that the Premier League starts on August 14th so not so far behind us

Good spot. I wondered why they fielded such a strong starting eleven. I think the biggest factor for the change from 2-0 to 2-2 was the nine or ten fresh sets of legs on the Leicester team after an hour. That and then catching us a bit cold after Albert came on for Moses.

We have played some lovely football in pre season, let's hope we can carry it into the season.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 20:21 - Jul 31 with 2672 viewsterryb

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 17:45 - Jul 31 by 80s_Boy

A weakened Leicester side?

I would say that nine of their starting side would have played close to twenty Premier League games last season.

Strangely enough, they caused us far more problems after their substitutions due to the increase in pace. Or was it because of the changes we made in defence?
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 20:33 - Jul 31 with 2617 viewsfrancisbowles

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 20:21 - Jul 31 by terryb

I would say that nine of their starting side would have played close to twenty Premier League games last season.

Strangely enough, they caused us far more problems after their substitutions due to the increase in pace. Or was it because of the changes we made in defence?

Both of those, plus something to prove for the players that came on and the almost completely fresh team after an hour whereas we made fewer changes and later ones. I think Ball, Dickie, Barbet, Willock and Dieng played the played the complete match.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 20:50 - Jul 31 with 2566 views80s_Boy

Looking at one of their forums before the match the general consensus was that there were 4-5 players missing who would be considered 1st choice this season so, regardless of how weakend it was, they weren't at full strength.

But that's not really the point I'm making anyway.

What I am saying is that, like last week, we can look at things 2 ways:

Firstly, we could look at the name we've beaten and take huge satisfaction from that.

Or, secondly, we could look at our own players and see what we've done and take satisfaction out of that.

For me, it's like when an up and coming boxer beats a famous but depleted name. You can boast about the name or you can look at the performance and I'll always go for the 2nd option.

We can take great pride in how we played today - and last week.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 20:50 - Jul 31 with 2566 viewsSnipper

I said to friends before the match that the performance was much more important than the result.

I know it was only a pre season friendly, but the way we passed and moved, I really think we’re in for a top six finish.

Onwards and upwards.
Login to get fewer ads

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 20:52 - Jul 31 with 2555 views80s_Boy

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 20:50 - Jul 31 by Snipper

I said to friends before the match that the performance was much more important than the result.

I know it was only a pre season friendly, but the way we passed and moved, I really think we’re in for a top six finish.

Onwards and upwards.

It was a performance of a team oozing confidence and looking like a team on the cusp of something special.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 21:31 - Jul 31 with 2461 viewsQPRSteve

My only worry about next season is if we pick up a spate of injuries. It's the one thing I can see that could prevent us bring in the leading pack.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 21:39 - Jul 31 with 2425 viewsJuzzie

Looking forward to a good one too but hey, let's not get all Krakatoa if we go through a rough patch eh? The club have given us some great signings, not least Austin and Johansen, so lets get behind the team for all of the games.

[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 21:41]
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 21:51 - Jul 31 with 2369 viewsB_Wad

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 21:31 - Jul 31 by QPRSteve

My only worry about next season is if we pick up a spate of injuries. It's the one thing I can see that could prevent us bring in the leading pack.

Very much agree with this. Maybe it is not my only concern, but as has been pointed out, the organization has found good value in players with a history of injuries. I've seen that with other sports I follow and it can come back to bite.

However, even then I like the backups and youth set up and it all suggests an entertaining and hopeful season. Hard to ask for more.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 22:39 - Jul 31 with 2241 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 21:31 - Jul 31 by QPRSteve

Which is why on the ‘who’ll be the star of the season’ thread last week, I went for the medical team.

If the white coats aren’t required to put a shift in, I’ll be as happy as I will be surprised/relieved.

But you know: looking back at previous successful QPR vintages, winning teams have a habit of staying relatively injury free. This team/squad look like they’re not afraid to win games so maybe…

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 22:47 - Jul 31 with 2205 viewsrobith

I love some HMS PISS THE LEAGUE banter as much as the next guy - but I'm really excited for the season ahead not cos I think we'll be competitive from the off and will play some really entertaining stuff.

This team in the second half of the season helped with some really dark days and I can't wait to be there in person to voice my appreciation and write some new stories
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 23:25 - Jul 31 with 2054 viewsAcidPixie

Lets hope so nice one
We need it
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 23:31 - Jul 31 with 2032 viewsMatch82

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 22:47 - Jul 31 by robith

I love some HMS PISS THE LEAGUE banter as much as the next guy - but I'm really excited for the season ahead not cos I think we'll be competitive from the off and will play some really entertaining stuff.

This team in the second half of the season helped with some really dark days and I can't wait to be there in person to voice my appreciation and write some new stories

Bit worried about our defensive abilities in the middle of the park without Field, think we could see a lot more games like the 19/20 season with end to end football and a lot of chances created by both teams.

Not complaining about that, was a highly enjoyable season pre lockdown. We have a more solid defence and keeper now though so I think our record will be better too.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 23:48 - Jul 31 with 1996 viewsVancouverHoop

Has Amos got any minutes yet? (I didn't see the Cambridge game.)
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 23:55 - Jul 31 with 1987 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 22:47 - Jul 31 by robith

I'm seriously optimistic but years ago I went a bit old-school Corinthian about football. Don't get me wrong, I love a win and if it's ugly or just lucky that's cool too, you get it the other way round often enough; but since money rules mostly, what I care about now is that we have a bunch of players I can like trying to play entertaining football to the best of their abilities with individuals and the team improving.

That's what I've been seeing for a couple of years now, it just feels that the potential is a lot more right now. But I won't be having a meltdown if it doesn't come off so long as no-one acts like a dick or can't be a*sed.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 07:08 - Aug 1 with 1792 viewsdmm

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 23:48 - Jul 31 by VancouverHoop

Has Amos got any minutes yet? (I didn't see the Cambridge game.)

Amos hasn't featured in any friendly games. He's only started back in training a week or so ago and it's non-contact. I can't see him being ready to play for a while yet.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 10:05 - Aug 1 with 1527 viewsenfieldargh

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 23:31 - Jul 31 by Match82

Bit worried about our defensive abilities in the middle of the park without Field, think we could see a lot more games like the 19/20 season with end to end football and a lot of chances created by both teams.

Not complaining about that, was a highly enjoyable season pre lockdown. We have a more solid defence and keeper now though so I think our record will be better too.

Field is a loss but he only had 9 (?) starts last season and defensive Mid duties can be filled by SJ who can start attacks from deep lying positions.

Andre Dozzell looks a great acquisition plus Dom Ball improves all the time and learns from his mistakes.

We also have Faizal who looks very accomplished despite lack of games plus Amos to come back.

My biggest fear apart from injuries is that we loose Ilias or Chris Willock in the transfer windows. These two carry our biggest attacking threat

Hope they are all on massive promotion incentives

The play for Charlies goal yesterday was a thing of beauty.

Cant wait for Saturday

COYRS

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 10:21 - Aug 1 with 1475 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 10:05 - Aug 1 by enfieldargh

Field is a loss but he only had 9 (?) starts last season and defensive Mid duties can be filled by SJ who can start attacks from deep lying positions.

Andre Dozzell looks a great acquisition plus Dom Ball improves all the time and learns from his mistakes.

We also have Faizal who looks very accomplished despite lack of games plus Amos to come back.

My biggest fear apart from injuries is that we loose Ilias or Chris Willock in the transfer windows. These two carry our biggest attacking threat

Cant wait for Saturday

COYRS

Given the signings I'm reasonably confident that the squad's been told we're having a serious push at promotion this year and I'd be surprised if anyone leaves before the summer. Willock and Chair are young with plenty of time for a step up and seem to be grounded types.

I agree with PlanetHonneywood that keeping the players fit is going to be key - I think Ball could be more important than people think because as you say he is improving and (touch wood) he seems low risk for injuries - I can see him and maybe Bettache playing quite a bit so we can manage game time for others. Can see Uncle being called upon for the odd start too.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 10:37 - Aug 1 with 1440 viewsQPROslo

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 10:05 - Aug 1 by enfieldargh

Cant wait for Saturday

COYRS

I don't think Stefan can cover the aerial part of the central defensive midfield duties when for example we are under pressure from the inevitable high ball barrage late on in games. Field is a big loss because I dont see another player in our squad who covers him fully. Ball the closest but not quite good enough yet. I guess we may play a 4th CB when we are under bombardment later on in games, if we have a 4th available.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 12:38 - Aug 1 with 1325 viewsPinnerPaul

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 19:12 - Jul 31 by QPR_John

and Villareal on Weds
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 12:40 - Aug 1 with 1323 viewsPinnerPaul

LCTV said exactly the same thing ahead of kick off.

As I've said they weren't at full speed, but that's not really the point.
Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 12:42 - Aug 1 with 1322 viewsPinnerPaul

Lets us have a season to be proud of !!! on 21:39 - Jul 31 by Juzzie

Looking forward to a good one too but hey, let's not get all Krakatoa if we go through a rough patch eh? The club have given us some great signings, not least Austin and Johansen, so lets get behind the team for all of the games.

[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 21:41]

What?!

We're not allowed to say the club is a shambles and we should get rid of at least half the staff if we lose?

I'm shocked!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024