Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SJ 20:27 - Jul 31 with 4112 viewsfrancisbowles

Anyone know why he wasn't involved today? He was sitting in the front of the Directors box.

Do we have any B/U23 fixtures he can get an hour in before Millwall?
SJ on 20:31 - Jul 31 with 4070 viewsbosh67

He hasn't trained with a team in the close season so he's a few weeks behind.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

SJ on 21:15 - Jul 31 with 3892 viewsMyke

I don't expect him to start next week either, but hopefully he'll get a few minutes. Last thing we need is for him to pick up hamstring or other niggly injuries. I'm sure they'll manage him well and he will be starting by the end of the month
SJ on 07:34 - Aug 1 with 3506 viewsHAYESBOY

Guessing because he is not match fit yet. Would expect to see him on the bench next week though. Hopefully get some minutes there, might possibly start him against Orient and give him 60 mins there?

Smells like a trout farm in here

SJ on 07:52 - Aug 1 with 3445 viewsBazzeR

SJ on 20:31 - Jul 31 by bosh67

He hasn't trained with a team in the close season so he's a few weeks behind.

Do you know if that’s due to injury?

I have seen a photo on Fulham’s website of him playing training matches against WRDC in Derby on the 10 July 21.

In the photo it looks like he’s wearing heavy strapping around his right knee.
SJ on 10:55 - Aug 1 with 3062 viewsfrancisbowles

SJ on 07:52 - Aug 1 by BazzeR

I have seen a photo on Fulham’s website of him playing training matches against WRDC in Derby on the 10 July 21.

Interesting Bazzer, thanks. He was under contract to Fulham, so I suspect there must be a issue, if he hasn't completed pre season training enough to be on the bench in our last friendly.
SJ on 11:43 - Aug 1 with 2922 viewsnix

In his interview on the offish he said he had kept himself fit in close season. I suspect though the medical and fitness teams will be cautious about bringing him back too soon as general fitness is different from match fitness. They did superbly last season in keeping us from getting too many niggling injuries given the match schedule we had at times, so I'm trusting them to bring him back at the right time.
SJ on 11:54 - Aug 1 with 2868 viewshoopdog

SJ on 11:43 - Aug 1 by nix

In his interview on the offish he said he had kept himself fit in close season. I suspect though the medical and fitness teams will be cautious about bringing him back too soon as general fitness is different from match fitness. They did superbly last season in keeping us from getting too many niggling injuries given the match schedule we had at times, so I'm trusting them to bring him back at the right time.

Yes he's a good player done well for us last season but don't think he should start next week seeing as the players selected have done very well keep the changing room settled let him gain the right to start off the bench or on the training ground
SJ on 12:36 - Aug 1 with 2771 viewsPinnerPaul

SJ on 07:52 - Aug 1 by BazzeR

He was training as normal this week - you can see him on the offy.
Login to get fewer ads

SJ on 09:18 - Aug 2 with 2431 viewsfrancisbowles

I've been in touch with my Fulham ITK who when asked did he come with a knock said 'couldn't possibly comment but QPR will have done a medical'. So he has had some sort of, hopefully minor, injury.
SJ on 09:43 - Aug 2 with 2349 viewsBazzeR

SJ on 09:18 - Aug 2 by francisbowles

I've been in touch with my Fulham ITK who when asked did he come with a knock said 'couldn't possibly comment but QPR will have done a medical'. So he has had some sort of, hopefully minor, injury.

Thanks for the update FB
SJ on 09:48 - Aug 2 with 2319 viewsPinnerPaul

SJ on 09:18 - Aug 2 by francisbowles

Must have been minor, if anything, surely, otherwise he wouldn't have been training?
SJ on 10:01 - Aug 2 with 2296 viewsBazzeR

SJ on 09:48 - Aug 2 by PinnerPaul

Must have been minor, if anything, surely, otherwise he wouldn't have been training?

I can’t post links PinnerPaul but if you look at the photo the strapping on him looks to me like a protective case or pre made support device.

If the photos are accurately described by the author on Fulham’s Offy this protective cover photo was taken before the matches occurred.There is another photo of SJ in action taken during the match and there is no sign of the protective device or strapping.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 10:09]
SJ on 11:23 - Aug 2 with 2152 viewsE17hoop

SJ on 10:01 - Aug 2 by BazzeR

I can’t post links PinnerPaul but if you look at the photo the strapping on him looks to me like a protective case or pre made support device.

If the photos are accurately described by the author on Fulham’s Offy this protective cover photo was taken before the matches occurred.There is another photo of SJ in action taken during the match and there is no sign of the protective device or strapping.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 10:09]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

SJ on 11:27 - Aug 2 with 2142 viewsHAYESBOY

SJ in training with the squad prior to the Leicester game.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/inside-training-rs-crank-it-up-300721/

Smells like a trout farm in here

SJ on 12:10 - Aug 2 with 1998 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

SJ on 11:27 - Aug 2 by HAYESBOY

I watched this last night and have watched all of the training videos this summer I think. They've been great. I used to find them a bit grating in previous seasons as they were often slow motion running with chariots of fire music playing (or similar).

I love how little technology is involved. Just a few bollards, mannequins by Antony Gormley, a couple of goals, hard work and a football. Looks a lot of fun too!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 12:11]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

SJ on 12:47 - Aug 2 with 1894 viewsdmm

SJ on 12:10 - Aug 2 by CliveWilsonSaid

I watched this last night and have watched all of the training videos this summer I think. They've been great. I used to find them a bit grating in previous seasons as they were often slow motion running with chariots of fire music playing (or similar).

I love how little technology is involved. Just a few bollards, mannequins by Antony Gormley, a couple of goals, hard work and a football. Looks a lot of fun too!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 12:11]

Yes, I've also been impressed with what I've seen. I read somewhere one or two players saying how they appreciate how early the ball is introduced to preseason training and that's been evident in these vids.
SJ on 13:29 - Aug 2 with 1778 viewsPinnerPaul

SJ on 11:27 - Aug 2 by HAYESBOY

Yes that is what I was referring to - no strapping there is there?
SJ on 13:39 - Aug 2 with 1752 viewsBazzeR

I know it’s not conclusive evidence to suggest that SJ has been injured but there is no sign of him during the 8 v 8 practice matches shown in our training video.
SJ on 13:52 - Aug 2 with 1712 viewsEsox_Lucius

SJ on 12:47 - Aug 2 by dmm

Yes, I've also been impressed with what I've seen. I read somewhere one or two players saying how they appreciate how early the ball is introduced to preseason training and that's been evident in these vids.

WHAT!!! no Terror Tuesday??? Pish and guffaw.

The grass is always greener.

SJ on 15:02 - Aug 2 with 1637 viewsdmm

SJ on 13:52 - Aug 2 by Esox_Lucius

Alright Gerry, calm down.
SJ on 15:23 - Aug 2 with 1609 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

SJ on 13:52 - Aug 2 by Esox_Lucius

"The Hill"

Poll: Expectations for this season?

SJ on 10:55 - Aug 6 with 1131 viewsLazyFan

Warbs says he's fit and in the Squad.

I am guessing he will be picked and Ball or Dozzel dropped. Probably Dozzel as Warbs may feel he's too lightweight against nasty Wall.

Could get rough out there.

zzzzzzzzzz

SJ on 11:07 - Aug 6 with 1093 viewsolderR

I hope SJ doesn’t fall into the category of “missed pre-season” as last years recruits.
It felt like it was almost Easter before Willock had a full game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024