Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liechester city why? 00:34 - Aug 1 with 4468 viewscharmr

Won the league, regular top half team yet here in the US no Leicester shirts to be seen. Compare the (big 6) in name only and not league position that’s all you see. Brainwashing sports outlets, media and retail. Glass ceiling?

Brought a twirl the other day. Only available from Indian or middle eastern grocery stores therefore an import and not made in the UK. Hershey’s have banned the import of Cadbury’s to make their own version equally as shite as any other Hershey product. The twirl packet had the big 6,s club badges sprawled across it with a win tickets promotion. Glass ceiling?

Liechester city why? on 01:09 - Aug 1 with 3268 viewsBoston

I rarely eat chocolate but I wholeheartedly agree with you, Hershey’s is awful.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Liechester city why? on 01:50 - Aug 1 with 3216 viewsBlackCrowe

Barely chocolate. But tbf Cadburys is not that great. Mainstream country chocolate has to be Tom's Guld Barre in Denmark.

And if you're going highend, then Montezeuma over here is magnificent.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Liechester city why? on 02:12 - Aug 1 with 3188 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Liechester city why? on 01:09 - Aug 1 by Boston

I rarely eat chocolate but I wholeheartedly agree with you, Hershey’s is awful.

That is why the Irish,Polish,Italian,English import stores make a killing Boston the US chocolate is watered down barely edible junk IMO.I spend a fortune at Christmas buying Cadburys buscuits chocolate etc from Ireland or England of course .I know sucker written on my forehead
Liechester city why? on 02:54 - Aug 1 with 3172 viewsSydneyRs

Liechester city why? on 02:12 - Aug 1 by CLAREMAN1995

That is why the Irish,Polish,Italian,English import stores make a killing Boston the US chocolate is watered down barely edible junk IMO.I spend a fortune at Christmas buying Cadburys buscuits chocolate etc from Ireland or England of course .I know sucker written on my forehead

Agreed, Hersheys is rubbish yet sells in big numbers. So does Starbucks coffee, which is also rubbish.
Liechester city why? on 05:20 - Aug 1 with 3102 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Liechester city why? on 02:54 - Aug 1 by SydneyRs

Agreed, Hersheys is rubbish yet sells in big numbers. So does Starbucks coffee, which is also rubbish.

Starbucks over-roasts their beans in my view, so that a coffee in Seattle tastes the same as one anywhere else on the planet.

As for Hershey’s, another vote for it being awful, and I’ll throw Reece’s under the bus as well.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Liechester city why? on 05:59 - Aug 1 with 3080 viewsLeedsR

I would say, however, that ever since Cadbury got bought by the American multinational Kraft foods (now Mondelez) back in 2010 or so, the quality and the taste of their chocolate has dropped significantly. Twirls, Dairy Milks, Flakes, the chocolate in Creme eggs have tasted awful for a while now, nowhere near as nice as they used to be.

The cocoa content was never as high in Cadbury’s as with some other manufacturers, but they seemed to have the blend right. Now there’s even less cocoa in th chocolate and so it just tastes fatty, grainy and sweet, but not chocolatey.

Not quite as awful as Hershey - had some of their “chocolate” once. I thought I’d been sold something way past it’s sell by date. Turns out that that is how it actually tastes. Rank.

Reeses peanut butter cups tho. A rare instance where two wrongs make a right. The chocolate is of very poor quality, the peanut butter hardly passes for peanut butter. Yet together, it somehow works for me!! Doesn’t make sense!!
Liechester city why? on 08:09 - Aug 1 with 2891 viewsdistortR

An impressionable young CharmR obviously affected as much by Mick Channon as I was.
And it has to be said in a west country accent.
Liechester city why? on 08:29 - Aug 1 with 2832 viewsjoe90

Bad chocolate is worse than bad coffee. I can see the appeal of Starbucks as you get the caffeine hit plus they sell all those other coffee style drinks you don't get in the hipster places. It's basically coffee for people who don't like coffee.
Login to get fewer ads

Liechester city why? on 08:36 - Aug 1 with 2816 viewsDWQPR

Liechester city why? on 05:20 - Aug 1 by PlanetHonneywood

Starbucks over-roasts their beans in my view, so that a coffee in Seattle tastes the same as one anywhere else on the planet.

As for Hershey’s, another vote for it being awful, and I’ll throw Reece’s under the bus as well.

Said that for years. A big difference between a good strong bitter coffee and something that has been incinerated. In addition to that the water temperature is too high as well.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Liechester city why? on 08:46 - Aug 1 with 2776 viewseastside_r

Liechester city why? on 05:59 - Aug 1 by LeedsR

I would say, however, that ever since Cadbury got bought by the American multinational Kraft foods (now Mondelez) back in 2010 or so, the quality and the taste of their chocolate has dropped significantly. Twirls, Dairy Milks, Flakes, the chocolate in Creme eggs have tasted awful for a while now, nowhere near as nice as they used to be.

The cocoa content was never as high in Cadbury’s as with some other manufacturers, but they seemed to have the blend right. Now there’s even less cocoa in th chocolate and so it just tastes fatty, grainy and sweet, but not chocolatey.

Not quite as awful as Hershey - had some of their “chocolate” once. I thought I’d been sold something way past it’s sell by date. Turns out that that is how it actually tastes. Rank.

Reeses peanut butter cups tho. A rare instance where two wrongs make a right. The chocolate is of very poor quality, the peanut butter hardly passes for peanut butter. Yet together, it somehow works for me!! Doesn’t make sense!!

I actually saw something about this on a QI repeat last night. Apparently American chocolate has less cocoa and includes the same acid that is in vomit (I kid you not.)

I’ve seen Hershey bars in UK supermarkets and thought I might try it. Not now.
Liechester city why? on 09:09 - Aug 1 with 2685 viewslightwaterhoop

Liechester city why? on 02:12 - Aug 1 by CLAREMAN1995

Fox's chocolate biscuits are the best one's from the UK.Dont know if they are available in the US though.
Liechester city why? on 09:20 - Aug 1 with 2640 viewslightwaterhoop

To answer the first point maybe people in the US dont support Leicester City is because they are never sure how to pronounce it!
Liechester city why? on 09:42 - Aug 1 with 2564 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Liechester city why? on 08:36 - Aug 1 by DWQPR

Said that for years. A big difference between a good strong bitter coffee and something that has been incinerated. In addition to that the water temperature is too high as well.

Wherever you are on the planet, support the small independent tea and coffee purveyors. In my experience, the quality of the product is palpably better.

As for water temperature, I agree with you. But you’ve thrown another thing into the equation: water quality. You’ll never get a decent brew if you live in an area where the water is crap.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Liechester city why? on 09:45 - Aug 1 with 2559 viewsBoston

Liechester city why? on 08:36 - Aug 1 by DWQPR

Not an issue for me, never much of a coffee drinker, maybe I’ve had four cups this year. Always a tea man myself and always hot, this iced lark they enjoy over here is er …not my cup of tea.

Liechester city why? on 09:48 - Aug 1 with 2542 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nothing £ Billion PR and advertising firms can’t fix.
Liechester city why? on 09:51 - Aug 1 with 2522 viewsBoston

Liechester city why? on 09:20 - Aug 1 by lightwaterhoop

To answer the first point maybe people in the US dont support Leicester City is because they are never sure how to pronounce it!

Yeah, I’d noticed Cincinnati had no following in England.

Liechester city why? on 09:54 - Aug 1 with 2508 viewsEsox_Lucius

Liechester city why? on 09:51 - Aug 1 by Boston

Go Bengals!

The grass is always greener.

Liechester city why? on 10:49 - Aug 1 with 2406 viewsfrancisbowles

Liechester city why? on 09:45 - Aug 1 by Boston

Not an issue for me, never much of a coffee drinker, maybe I’ve had four cups this year. Always a tea man myself and always hot, this iced lark they enjoy over here is er …not my cup of tea.

Now living in the US and liking tea, please tell me you make your own and that you don't use water from the tap.
Liechester city why? on 11:40 - Aug 1 with 2317 viewsBoston

Liechester city why? on 10:49 - Aug 1 by francisbowles

Now living in the US and liking tea, please tell me you make your own and that you don't use water from the tap.

Although I have read some of those survival manuals and understand there’s those that are attracted to a more rugged manly existence, I shudder at the thought of straining my own urine to produce a cup of rosie.

Liechester city why? on 12:35 - Aug 1 with 2243 viewskensalriser

Liechester city why? on 09:51 - Aug 1 by Boston

Likewise that Des Moines bloke never became popular over here.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Liechester city why? on 12:43 - Aug 1 with 2230 viewscharmr

At the local ACE hardware store sits a box with the words ‘worlds finest chocolate’ blazed everywhere at the check out, an independent brand.Yep, it tasted like Shite and I truly mean totally rank. The is the brazen cheek to advertise as such.

Same with Hershey’s, so glorified by both maker, establishment and consumer. Doesn’t anyone use their taste buds. There’s a lot of things over here that taste like shyte and lauded by all as being awesome(that fcuing word so over used) and simply the greatest. Royal farms is a popular convenience store and advertises its poultry line as ‘Royal Farms world famous chicken’ I’d never heard if it before I came here.

Got my citizenship interview on the13th, wish me well.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 12:46]
Liechester city why? on 12:44 - Aug 1 with 2229 viewsJuzzie

The top 6 are pretty much ingrained. The fact Arsenal had a bad season matters not, they are all long established and the media will protect that. A Leicester type situation won’t change anything and kids still wear Arsenal tops despite Leicester having had much better success lately.
Liechester city why? on 13:52 - Aug 1 with 2147 viewsEsox_Lucius

Liechester city why? on 12:43 - Aug 1 by charmr

At the local ACE hardware store sits a box with the words ‘worlds finest chocolate’ blazed everywhere at the check out, an independent brand.Yep, it tasted like Shite and I truly mean totally rank. The is the brazen cheek to advertise as such.

Same with Hershey’s, so glorified by both maker, establishment and consumer. Doesn’t anyone use their taste buds. There’s a lot of things over here that taste like shyte and lauded by all as being awesome(that fcuing word so over used) and simply the greatest. Royal farms is a popular convenience store and advertises its poultry line as ‘Royal Farms world famous chicken’ I’d never heard if it before I came here.

I remember Godiva Chocolates being lauded as top quay confectionary when I lived over there, I don't know if that is still the case?

The grass is always greener.

Liechester city why? on 14:14 - Aug 1 with 2121 viewsMick_S

Liechester city why? on 08:09 - Aug 1 by distortR

An impressionable young CharmR obviously affected as much by Mick Channon as I was.
And it has to be said in a west country accent.

The boy Line acre did good.

What a chuffin’ goal.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Liechester city why? on 15:13 - Aug 1 with 2051 viewsMatch82

Liechester city why? on 12:43 - Aug 1 by charmr

Good luck! Maybe keep some of these opinions more positive during the interview
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024