Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... 13:16 - Aug 2 with 14242 viewsthehat

Still loads and loads of tickets for the Millwall game which is a real shame.

I was disappointed with the crowd on Saturday too, playing a Champions League Team at home with the best squad we have had in years and tickets at very sensible prices and thousands and thousands of empty seats.

It's got me thinking as to why......

Our support base is ageing just look around you at matches when I was a lad watching in the eighties and nineties from the terraces in the Loft or Paddock there used to be loads of groups of young lads (17 - 25 year olds) from all the local areas Hayes, Greenford, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Uxbridge etc all there for day out. You just don't see that anymore maybe there are better things to do nowadays better cinemas, better bowling alleys, better shopping centres, better gyms etc that give this age group more options but what I do know is that as more of us oldies head of to that "great gig in the sky" we are not being replaced as quickly by the younger generation.

The floating football supporter who is probably not a big QPR fan but likes to watch a game every so often: are they being tempted away by better offers at Brentford, Fulham or Watford.

Habit - I know loads and loads of QPR fans who don't go anymore and have just lost the habit and do other stuff now.

Location - Has our traditional West London fanbase moved much further out and travel has become much more of a challenge. Our ground is in one of the most diverse parts of the country and I don't think our fanbase represents that as much as it should. Does the club need to be doing more here??

And last but not least of course the Pandemic we don't yet know what effect that will have on our crowds but I'm sure it won't be a positive one.

We took the best part of 45k to Wembley so we know they are out there maybe its time for the hardcore of around 8k to re-engage with the dormant fans and encourage them back W12.

This season could be special and we want the place rocking -The Board have done their bit now lets do ours - Nothing like a packed Loftus Road!!

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:34 - Aug 2 with 2239 viewsRangersw12

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:24 - Aug 2 by Northernr

It would help if they explained why. I'm sure there are all sorts of reasons - waiting in case government advice changes, waiting to hear from local authorities, not wanting to be in for 2000 tickets and then have to call the game off etc. But they don't say any of this, there's just complete silence, so I've gone ahead and booked trains for Hull and Boro just hoping that it's ok, and I presume we're at Orient next Wednesday but I don't know.

A little note, Tweet, something on the offish to say 'we appreciate it's frustrating but these tickets aren't on sale yet because a, b, c and we anticipate being able to sell them from August 5th" or whatever would help, rather than whacking them out with no notice a week before the game on a ticketing website that's buggy as fck and then having everybody scratch their heads about why the crowds are low.

I'm bored so I've emailed the club asking for details and why there has been so little communication

Will report back any response
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 15:35]
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:38 - Aug 2 with 2217 viewsSuperhoop83

I've bought 3 tickets in the Upper Loft for Saturday but I never go to friendlies.

The ticket sales so far for Millwall suggest other people may have the same approach. I hope so as a full(ish) ground will be a great way of starting the season.

Suffering since 1978.

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:48 - Aug 2 with 2169 viewsHayesender

It would help if they explained why. I'm sure there are all sorts of reasons - waiting in case government advice changes, waiting to hear from local authorities, not wanting to be in for 2000 tickets and then have to call the game off etc. But they don't say any of this, there's just complete silence, so I've gone ahead and booked trains for Hull and Boro just hoping that it's ok, and I presume we're at Orient next Wednesday but I don't know.

A little note, Tweet, something on the offish to say 'we appreciate it's frustrating but these tickets aren't on sale yet because a, b, c and we anticipate being able to sell them from August 5th" or whatever would help, rather than whacking them out with no notice a week before the game on a ticketing website that's buggy as fck and then having everybody scratch their heads about why the crowds are low.

This. There's seven of us booked up on the 8.30 rattler to Hull Saturday week. As it stands, we're just going on a day trip to Hull

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:51 - Aug 2 with 2154 viewsdenhamhoop2

To be fair it's not just QPR I am on Orient's ticket list(Used to go and see them when we were on Super Sundays) and they cannot buy tickets for the Carabao Cup game. I hope to god we can go to Hull Boro and Bournemouth as I have booked train tickets and hotels for the 2 midweek games and arranged time off work. I did call in to see whether I am on the away ticket scheme on Saturday and got told to ask at Millwall game it would appear like everything else to do with QPR app it's very much fingers crossed. Getting into the ground using the app should be a pure joy on Saturday
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:52 - Aug 2 with 2153 viewsPinnerPaul

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:51 - Aug 2 by denhamhoop2

To be fair it's not just QPR I am on Orient's ticket list(Used to go and see them when we were on Super Sundays) and they cannot buy tickets for the Carabao Cup game. I hope to god we can go to Hull Boro and Bournemouth as I have booked train tickets and hotels for the 2 midweek games and arranged time off work. I did call in to see whether I am on the away ticket scheme on Saturday and got told to ask at Millwall game it would appear like everything else to do with QPR app it's very much fingers crossed. Getting into the ground using the app should be a pure joy on Saturday

Can't buy tickets on Hull City website either.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:53 - Aug 2 with 2146 viewslosethedrum

The map charting how many season tickets have been sold is almost exactly the same as how many sold for Millwall .
If this is actually the case & not (another) error then most games will be fairly full apart from home midweek when the lower loft may be sparse .
As for freindlies no way was i going to embark on a 6 hour round trip for the leicester game
but i have got a season ticket & will come to all 23 home games unless forbidden to plus whatever away games i can make .
The ticket price last saturday was also bumped up by a 35% booking fee by the way 0f £3.50 .
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:56 - Aug 2 with 2127 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:48 - Aug 2 by Hayesender

This. There's seven of us booked up on the 8.30 rattler to Hull Saturday week. As it stands, we're just going on a day trip to Hull

That's the vast majority of QPR away games described just there.

"A day trip to Hull"

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:59 - Aug 2 with 2116 viewsdenhamhoop2

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:52 - Aug 2 by PinnerPaul

Can't buy tickets on Hull City website either.

Can for their away game at Preston it's on general sale
Login to get fewer ads

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 16:01 - Aug 2 with 2109 viewsPinnerPaul

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:59 - Aug 2 by denhamhoop2

Can for their away game at Preston it's on general sale

Sorry I meant for our game.

Odd that they are selling tickets for their first away game, but not their first home one!
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 16:03 - Aug 2 with 2098 viewsRangersw12

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 15:48 - Aug 2 by Hayesender

Box office have responded advising ticket details will be on the website in the next 48 hrs
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 16:11 - Aug 2 with 2080 viewsNorthernr

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 16:03 - Aug 2 by Rangersw12

Box office have responded advising ticket details will be on the website in the next 48 hrs

Thanks mate.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 16:17 - Aug 2 with 2050 viewsPinnerPaul

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 16:03 - Aug 2 by Rangersw12

Rather proves my point, often best to email the club directly rather than waiting for the white smoke to emerge from the offy!
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 16:50 - Aug 2 with 1940 viewsenfieldargh

never miss the friendlies however with covid about thought id give them a swerve this time as desperate to go to Millwall game

Me + 2 for Saturday

God help me if I show positive after the game as the Mrs is booked on a weekend spa break the following week which she has postponed twice.

Dog sitting for Hull and not traveling up North for work ATM so Boro's off the menu too.

Orient surely will be pay on the day?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 17:03 - Aug 2 with 1905 viewsAntti_Heinola

I got burned so many times by appalling QPR friendlies, I gave them up. Almost went to the Leicester one, but thought we'd get whacked. I know nothing.
Would've been taking my son to his first game on Sat were it not for the fact it's Millwall. Still remember the night a couple of hundred of them twirled down SA Road like a group of Tasmanian Devils behind a thin line of police. Need my son to enjoy his first game, so not a chance I'm going to risk anything with that lot, but I'll be there.

But, as usual, if we *do* end up having a season in and around the top 6, attendances will go up and loads of fans will come crawling out begging for tickets.

Bare bones.

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 17:13 - Aug 2 with 1853 viewsstowmarketrange

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 16:50 - Aug 2 by enfieldargh

never miss the friendlies however with covid about thought id give them a swerve this time as desperate to go to Millwall game

Me + 2 for Saturday

God help me if I show positive after the game as the Mrs is booked on a weekend spa break the following week which she has postponed twice.

Dog sitting for Hull and not traveling up North for work ATM so Boro's off the menu too.

Orient surely will be pay on the day?

I doubt any club will take a chance on people paying on the day for a while.They could have more people turn up than they could safely accommodate.Certainly not for a london derby I’d guess.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 17:23 - Aug 2 with 1814 viewsWirralHoop

I gave up pre season matches long before relocating. Sport needs to be competitive for me to enjoy it. I’ll be there Saturday though first time since Dec 2019 it’ll be emotional.

Personally think we have to kick start life again but understand there will be a lot nervousness about being in crowds again. Also serious risk of games being called off and you’d be stuck with the tickets.

I went to gig last night though just a few hundred but probably 90% full and that’s indoors.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 17:27 - Aug 2 with 1797 viewsGloryHunter

As Lee Hoos said in his recent interview, the way to get the crowds back is to play attractive, attacking, winning football. If Rangers can do that this season, then the place will soon be sold out, and the next generation will be hooked.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 17:37 - Aug 2 with 1761 viewsMick_S

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 17:03 - Aug 2 by Antti_Heinola

I got burned so many times by appalling QPR friendlies, I gave them up. Almost went to the Leicester one, but thought we'd get whacked. I know nothing.
Would've been taking my son to his first game on Sat were it not for the fact it's Millwall. Still remember the night a couple of hundred of them twirled down SA Road like a group of Tasmanian Devils behind a thin line of police. Need my son to enjoy his first game, so not a chance I'm going to risk anything with that lot, but I'll be there.

But, as usual, if we *do* end up having a season in and around the top 6, attendances will go up and loads of fans will come crawling out begging for tickets.

100% spot on regarding the first game Antii. There will be so much more to enjoy soon.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 18:35 - Aug 2 with 1639 viewsBoston

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 17:03 - Aug 2 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, left my 12yr old girl back at my mothers that night as we’d been tipped off Millwall had decided it was time to go on a jolly in Shepherds Bush. Dunno if anyone was around the Saturday before but Wall fans turned up on the Green scouting out and letting people know they were around. Not a night for kids or the faint hearted.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 18:47 - Aug 2 with 1607 viewsMick_S

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 18:35 - Aug 2 by Boston

Yeah, left my 12yr old girl back at my mothers that night as we’d been tipped off Millwall had decided it was time to go on a jolly in Shepherds Bush. Dunno if anyone was around the Saturday before but Wall fans turned up on the Green scouting out and letting people know they were around. Not a night for kids or the faint hearted.

I believe they were away to Leeds for a lunch time kick off, and got back to the Bush in time to put a marker down after our Saturday home match.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 18:59 - Aug 2 with 1589 viewsRangersw12

Just to put things into perspective Derby have only sold 14k home tickets for their first game

Maybe crowds will down all across the country
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 19:11 - Aug 2 with 1548 viewsHantsR

Well I'm going and expect to take up my seat in SAR for the first time since 2019.

I'll take my mask and have to see how well I'll be able to practise social distancing, in that case, a reduced attendance will be acceptable as far as I'm concerned - really looking forward to it, but I'll miss Sinton/London though.
Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 19:26 - Aug 2 with 1518 viewsA40Bosh

I'm sure things will pick up after the first few home games and people are back from holidays. My parents were down in Cornwall last week on a coach tour and said you could not move for people in St Ives and Newquay.

I missed the Man U game because I was in Ireland.

I took my gooner brother with me to Leicester game (he betrayed the Rangers aged 10) and he thought it was a fantastic game of football and the best football he had seen QPR playing for years. I reckon with his son who has autism now being away in residential college and him having no chance of getting in to Arsenal regularly, I can entice him back to Loftus road more regularly this reason - especially as he likes the fact we can drink before and after in White City House in the BBC before and after.

I felt comfortable enough without a mask on Saturday having been doubled Pfizer for some time but anyone who has concerns then there is obviously no concept of social distancing once you set foot in to HQ now so best to think twice about coming back at this time until infection numbers have dropped off again

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 19:31 - Aug 2 with 1502 viewsDWQPR

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 18:59 - Aug 2 by Rangersw12

Just to put things into perspective Derby have only sold 14k home tickets for their first game

Maybe crowds will down all across the country

Derby have yet to release season tickets blaming Covid for the delay. Yet every other club in the country have been selling theirs. Might be to do with the fact that they owe a lot of money to supporters where they have held onto season ticket money.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Low crowds at Loftus Road..... on 19:36 - Aug 2 with 1483 viewsStanisgod

Talking about ticket prices and youngsters coming, I know adult tickets are good but my soon to be 9 year old grandson has been to 4 or 5 games over the last few seasons for free and is starting to get into it, but now hes 9 we are now expected to pay £16 plus the 3.50 rip off! Best part of 20 quid.
But my biggest beef is the fact that this goes up to 18, so my 9 year old grandson is expected to pay the same as a possibly working 17 year old, no way is this going to
encourage parents to bring juniors to odd games.
Surely there should be a gradual rise from 8-12 then 13 - 18.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024