Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pride of West London Chant 20:59 - Aug 11 with 9721 viewsHastings_Hoops

Why “we hate Cardiff City…”? Wouldn’t it be better to swap for “we hate Fulham, Chelsea and Brentford are…”?
Pride of West London Chant on 21:38 - Aug 11 with 5935 viewsBankole_Fan_Club

It's an incredibly embarrassing song.

We don't have a rivaly with Cardiff and wish we would stop singing about them.
Pride of West London Chant on 22:24 - Aug 11 with 5784 viewshamptonhillhoop

Pride of West London Chant on 21:38 - Aug 11 by Bankole_Fan_Club

I'd imagine because we had a real rivalry with Cardiff in the mid and late 2000's, early 2010's, when we've never had a real rivalry with either of the other two
Pride of West London Chant on 22:27 - Aug 11 with 5765 viewsChrisNW6

Try adding another team instead of Cardiff City whilst singing it and not many teams fit. Brentford, Chelsea and Fulham definitely don't. We have enough recent rivalry with Cardiff from 2003.
Pride of West London Chant on 22:30 - Aug 11 with 5743 viewsflynnbo

Pride of West London Chant on 22:27 - Aug 11 by ChrisNW6

Try adding another team instead of Cardiff City whilst singing it and not many teams fit. Brentford, Chelsea and Fulham definitely don't. We have enough recent rivalry with Cardiff from 2003.

Vauxhall Motors?
Pride of West London Chant on 22:32 - Aug 11 with 5729 viewsCiderwithRsie

Pride of West London Chant on 22:30 - Aug 11 by flynnbo

Vauxhall Motors?

That'd actually be quite funny.
Pride of West London Chant on 22:48 - Aug 11 with 5664 viewsHastings_Hoops

Pride of West London Chant on 22:27 - Aug 11 by ChrisNW6

Any combination of two of [Brentford, fulham, chelsea] is Same number of syllables as “Cardiff city” so does fit - and more appropriate to west London… albeit that I was there for the Cardiff ‘rivalries’ it is embarrassing how.
Pride of West London Chant on 23:08 - Aug 11 with 5571 viewsenfieldargh

Salford City works

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Pride of West London Chant on 23:13 - Aug 11 with 5549 viewsChrisNW6

Pride of West London Chant on 22:48 - Aug 11 by Hastings_Hoops

Any combination of two of [Brentford, fulham, chelsea] is Same number of syllables as “Cardiff city” so does fit - and more appropriate to west London… albeit that I was there for the Cardiff ‘rivalries’ it is embarrassing how.

Oh, now I get the combination of Chelsea, Fulham and Brentford are shite, which does work.

Not sure when we first started singing it but hard to change now 😀
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 23:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Pride of West London Chant on 23:16 - Aug 11 with 5523 viewsqueensparker

It’s a Man Utd song, we shouldn’t be singing it, fair play to the loud fans but I hate this one. We rightly laugh at Reading nicking our songs dunno why ended up nicking a United one.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 23:17]
Pride of West London Chant on 00:04 - Aug 12 with 5382 viewsLythamR

after the play off final and the trip back to the train station after the game i am more that happy to stick with Cardiff City
Pride of West London Chant on 00:13 - Aug 12 with 5362 viewsNortholt_Rs

Pride of West London Chant on 00:04 - Aug 12 by LythamR

after the play off final and the trip back to the train station after the game i am more that happy to stick with Cardiff City

me too.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Pride of West London Chant on 07:19 - Aug 12 with 5147 viewsstowmarketrange

Pride of West London Chant on 21:38 - Aug 11 by Bankole_Fan_Club

I don’t think it’s any more embarrassing than chelsea are rent boys.Why not change it to Chelsea are racists or w@nkers everywhere they go?
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 8:39]
Pride of West London Chant on 08:00 - Aug 12 with 5047 viewsFenwick_115

Pride of West London Chant on 22:24 - Aug 11 by hamptonhillhoop

I'd imagine because we had a real rivalry with Cardiff in the mid and late 2000's, early 2010's, when we've never had a real rivalry with either of the other two

Oh come off it...

A real rivalry with Cardiff?

We were challenging for promotion at the same time but do you really think we were on their fan's RADAR beyond that? And no, we didn't get special treatment from their fans, they would have treated everyone the same.

By your reckoning they could be replaced by Plymouth.

In a week or so where this site spent a lot of time discussing Millwall fans I wish we would find a happy medium between the idiots they are and the divs we come across as.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 8:02]
Pride of West London Chant on 08:09 - Aug 12 with 5013 viewsNorthernr

Pride of West London Chant on 08:00 - Aug 12 by Fenwick_115

Oh come off it...

A real rivalry with Cardiff?

We were challenging for promotion at the same time but do you really think we were on their fan's RADAR beyond that? And no, we didn't get special treatment from their fans, they would have treated everyone the same.

By your reckoning they could be replaced by Plymouth.

In a week or so where this site spent a lot of time discussing Millwall fans I wish we would find a happy medium between the idiots they are and the divs we come across as.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 8:02]

Mate we can't all be as sound and well rounded as you, cut the mere mortals among us some slack.
Pride of West London Chant on 08:43 - Aug 12 with 4926 viewsjoe90

We don't have any good songs apart from "QPR from the White City". The absolute worst is "Come on you super hoopsaaaaa".

The problem isn't that we have crap songs, it's that we don't sing them with any conviction, apart from the "White City" song.
Pride of West London Chant on 09:02 - Aug 12 with 4871 viewsrobith

I'll turn a blind eye cos we were back and everyone was excited, but found it weird last night just how much we sang about Chelsea, and the amount we chanted Charlie's name when he wasn't even in the squad. I'll put it down to pent up energy.

Could do without the homophobic chanting aimed at those kids in the corner too tbh
Pride of West London Chant on 09:20 - Aug 12 with 4822 viewsslmrstid

Its not one I'll join in with as I find it a bit cringey but Cardiff were one of those teams we had needle with for a few years. Not currently though.

Some rivalries are short-lived, or go round in cycles a bit. QPR-Luton for example I'd see as a bit of a rivalry when we're in the same league - even if its just a "we really don't want to lose to them so they're smug at us" kind of way. But when we're not in the same league its nothing.

We had a fairly fierce rivalry with Bristol City for a while, especially when Olly was manager due to the Rovers connections. Another one that has drifted off now but in the right circumstances could rekindle again. Similar with Stoke when Bircham ran his diplomatic missions in the 2004-2005 period.

I'm sure in the future there'll be some other random club somewhere we'll fall out with and have a rivalry with for a while, before that falls off again and someone else picks up instead and on it rolls.
Pride of West London Chant on 09:24 - Aug 12 with 4796 viewsTheChef

Pride of West London Chant on 00:13 - Aug 12 by Northolt_Rs

me too.

It was bad enough getting out of Cardiff having lost the final. Dread to think what it would have been like had we won!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Pride of West London Chant on 09:28 - Aug 12 with 4780 viewsFenwick_115

Pride of West London Chant on 08:09 - Aug 12 by Northernr

Mate we can't all be as sound and well rounded as you, cut the mere mortals among us some slack.

I'm not more 'well-rounded' than anyone, just expressing an opinion which you can like or dislike, I've not got a gun at your head.

I find it embarrassing and our fanbases' online presence is worryingly a bit divvy in my opinion - it seems to have been taken over by the types who went on Daphane's coaches rather than Trevor Kingham's if you get my drift - but you can think I'm wrong. I won't lose any sleep.
Pride of West London Chant on 09:32 - Aug 12 with 4753 viewsLythamR

Pride of West London Chant on 09:28 - Aug 12 by Fenwick_115

I'm not more 'well-rounded' than anyone, just expressing an opinion which you can like or dislike, I've not got a gun at your head.

I find it embarrassing and our fanbases' online presence is worryingly a bit divvy in my opinion - it seems to have been taken over by the types who went on Daphane's coaches rather than Trevor Kingham's if you get my drift - but you can think I'm wrong. I won't lose any sleep.

"I'm not more 'well-rounded' than anyone"

Apart from the Nerdy Divs obvs!
Pride of West London Chant on 09:35 - Aug 12 with 4744 viewsRangersw12

You're trying way too hard to impress fella
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 9:38]
Pride of West London Chant on 09:37 - Aug 12 with 4733 viewstraininvain

I find it embarrassing when people have multiple accounts on here but each to their own.
Pride of West London Chant on 09:46 - Aug 12 with 4696 viewsNorthernr

Ok well how about you pick which single account you want to express those opinions from and we'll lock the other one eh?
Pride of West London Chant on 09:49 - Aug 12 with 4678 viewsCiderwithRsie

FWIW I think actually hating other football fans you've never met is puerile.

Football chants are all about identity and that rivalry with Cardiff was part of our identity back then whereas disliking Brentford and Fulham never has been. It'd be much more embarrassing to pretend we don't like them just because they are nearby.

No-one actually cares about Cardiff any more, if ever, but it's a way of remembering we were there when we were sh*t (and I still have hopes that we will need an answer to other fans singing "where were you when you were sh*t?" as we conquer the Premiership, Europe the world mwahahahahah)
Pride of West London Chant on 09:50 - Aug 12 with 4667 viewsdaveB

really all football songs are a bit daft and ridiculous. We are not the finest football team the world has ever seen, Kevin Gallen does not possesses any magical powers or a magic hat, Warburton is not better than Guardiola and there is more than one Furlong in the world but none of that should matter.

People coming together to sing silly songs as a way to support their football team is beautiful and I've really missed it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024