Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night 09:41 - Aug 12 with 7434 viewsnix

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/warburton-on-leyton-orient-win-110821/

Definitely a tougher Warbs than we're used to. I think he was disappointed that the second string didn't really step up. Bettache was the only one that got any praise. Although I thought Archer could have had a shout out.

Was v disappointed with Adomah. I'd called to see more of him before this match but he looked a bit unfit and did some sloppy passes. Good reminder that Warbs sees them day in day out in training and knows who can last the 90 minutes.

I think he'd have like to have brought other players on but with our crazy schedule of the next two weeks he had to protect them. Obviously furious with the scheduling.

Thoughts?
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 18:58 - Aug 12 with 1703 viewsgazza1

We were so comfortable for much of the first 30 minutes it was like a training game - Orient were like boys running around.....most players were decent enough. In saying that we didn't create as many real chances as is being said.....2/3 real chances at most. The goal was a very decent header indeed. They started there game after around 30/35 minutes and from then in it was a hard slog for our boys. Their goal was very poor defending. Fortunately, we managed to win but we really should have been much better against a 'bog standard' Orient side.

As far as individual performances.....Dykes was poor (still not sure he is any good!!!), of the reserve guys, Dozzell did not do enough, Bettache was decent enough in the first but average after that - picked up a lot of ball in non dangerous area's, our back 3rdof the pitch basically and knocked it around (Tom Carroll in disguise), Wallace never got a sweat on and every ball that tried to get him 'round the back' failed, Albert & Thomas was average as was Kakay. Barbet & Dickie and the keeper did good. The 2nd half was generally pretty average around most of the starters and subs.

For me I expected more from Dozzell & Dykes and a couple of the subs.

Good night though!!! Albert loves the Club & Supporters real proper.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 23:06 - Aug 12 with 1555 viewsjoe90

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:06 - Aug 12 by stevec

Ultimately, the reserves are reserves for a reason. You would like to see a few stake a claim but they’re probably just not up to it.

There’s also the issue of the first teamers who do play. Think their performances, although still decent, are never quite at the same level when surrounded by reserve players.

Going back to days gone by, you didn’t have this issue to such a degree as first team players, if fit, played in any competitive match.

Wonder if it’s a bit of a myth this idea players need to be constantly rested. In a truncated last season, teams got through playing more often by training a little less. Maybe we should stick with the 5 subs rule, there is an advantage to better squads but it might also alleviate Warbs concern about resting. I’d prefer 3 games of 60 minutes from Charlie say, than 2 games of 90 and then missing an entire game.

Also seems as many injuries get picked up in training as actual matches.

Some interesting points you raise. I think it's actually a key question for us - how we manage the resting/rotation of players. We've got a lot of players witch historical/on going injury concerns. Could really shaft us this season.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 23:20 - Aug 12 with 1525 viewsenfieldargh

Bit unfair on here re Dykes.

No passes/crosses into the box for him to try and get onto, what he did do he did well.

No service whatsoever

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 23:39 - Aug 12 with 1500 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Perhaps the reason Warburton was critical of the scheduling is actually to defend his team selection. Didn't he get a roasting early in his first season here at Blackpool for putting out a poor side and losing?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:13 - Aug 13 with 1374 viewsCamberleyR

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 23:39 - Aug 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

Perhaps the reason Warburton was critical of the scheduling is actually to defend his team selection. Didn't he get a roasting early in his first season here at Blackpool for putting out a poor side and losing?

That was Hair Island

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:14 - Aug 13 with 1373 viewsMaggsinho

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 23:39 - Aug 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

That was McClaren I think
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:21 - Aug 13 with 1346 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Of course it was Scchhteve!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:35 - Aug 13 with 1311 viewsAntti_Heinola

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 15:13 - Aug 12 by PinnerPaul

Weds/Saturday - is that really a reason to moan?

After that game we don't leave London until the 11th September! and then only to travel all the way to Reading - unfair to other teams no?

Bet he or Paul Morrisey don't mention the 'kind' schedule then!

seems to me that's part of his point, no?

I don't have a problem with it. As you often say, fans don't really understand refereeing decisions because they're not referees. Same here with you and a professional football coach.

I remember a certain other manager at Man Utd that would complain about everything, and insist the world was against them. He used that to create an atmosphere in the dressing room of triumph over adversity. Those players certainly didn't use it as an excuse to lose.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:08 - Aug 13 with 1257 viewsnix

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 23:20 - Aug 12 by enfieldargh

No passes/crosses into the box for him to try and get onto, what he did do he did well.

No service whatsoever

I agree. He should have had an assist when Adomah blasted over and he had one decent chance, which wasn't that easy and the rest of the time the service was poor and nothing for him to run onto. I still think he suits a faster tempo rather than just static balls into the box. He's not going to outrun two centre backs, so we also need to get more players in the box.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:13 - Aug 13 with 1245 viewsfrancisbowles

The first thing about coming back from the North East in the middle of the night and then having to get up early on the Saturday to eat pasta (or whatever) a few hours before the match, is what it does to your circadian rhythm!.

It's a bit like jet lag, disruption of your sleep cycle, takes time to recover and makes it more difficult for a professional sportsman to be at peak performance level.

The second issue is that this kind of scheduling is especially hard for the players early in the season as they are not up to match fitness yet and are likely to pick up injuries by pushing their bodies too hard. Later in the season, after they have built up those fitness levels, they can better adapt to staying fit with playing matches for a few weeks with no real physical training in between.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 10:52]
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:44 - Aug 13 with 1192 viewsrsonist

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:08 - Aug 13 by nix

I agree. He should have had an assist when Adomah blasted over and he had one decent chance, which wasn't that easy and the rest of the time the service was poor and nothing for him to run onto. I still think he suits a faster tempo rather than just static balls into the box. He's not going to outrun two centre backs, so we also need to get more players in the box.

Goals are only part of the job, much like there's more to having personality than changing your hairdo. Think it's not unfair to say he's been a little short on nuisance factor, creating space for others, etc.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 11:12 - Aug 13 with 1148 viewsPinnerPaul

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:35 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

I don't have a problem with it. As you often say, fans don't really understand refereeing decisions because they're not referees. Same here with you and a professional football coach.

I remember a certain other manager at Man Utd that would complain about everything, and insist the world was against them. He used that to create an atmosphere in the dressing room of triumph over adversity. Those players certainly didn't use it as an excuse to lose.

Sort of see where you're coming from, but that is my point as well. He won't say before the game on the 11th Sept - "The boys have had a good rest" I bet he will go on about those away on international duty "only having just got back"!

I see he even has got the press boys at it now.

From the offy " .....as Rangers face a tough schedule with 3 games in matter of days"

Erm that will be 3 games in 8 days, like everyone else!
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 23:56 - Aug 13 with 1030 viewsCiderwithRsie

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:35 - Aug 13 by Antti_Heinola

You're probably right but I was a tad worried that it was getting to him - that he was genuinely not sure how to manage the problem.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 00:25 - Aug 14 with 1012 viewsVancouverHoop

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 23:20 - Aug 12 by enfieldargh

No service whatsoever

True. But, whether that's a valid reason or not, has he been productive as a lone striker yet? He's done well when paired with Austin but not otherwise particularly.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:23 - Aug 14 with 931 viewsPinnerPaul

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:13 - Aug 13 by francisbowles

The first thing about coming back from the North East in the middle of the night and then having to get up early on the Saturday to eat pasta (or whatever) a few hours before the match, is what it does to your circadian rhythm!.

It's a bit like jet lag, disruption of your sleep cycle, takes time to recover and makes it more difficult for a professional sportsman to be at peak performance level.

The second issue is that this kind of scheduling is especially hard for the players early in the season as they are not up to match fitness yet and are likely to pick up injuries by pushing their bodies too hard. Later in the season, after they have built up those fitness levels, they can better adapt to staying fit with playing matches for a few weeks with no real physical training in between.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2021 10:52]

So the answer is Middlesbro get no home games with teams from the South before erm lets say Bonfire Night - that suit everyone?
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:59 - Aug 14 with 884 viewsdistortR

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:44 - Aug 13 by rsonist

Goals are only part of the job, much like there's more to having personality than changing your hairdo. Think it's not unfair to say he's been a little short on nuisance factor, creating space for others, etc.

yeah, I'd actually like to see a bit more physicality about him, but then maybe he was told not to re; bookings, injuries etc.
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 14:42 - Aug 14 with 807 viewsfrancisbowles

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 09:23 - Aug 14 by PinnerPaul

So the answer is Middlesbro get no home games with teams from the South before erm lets say Bonfire Night - that suit everyone?

No the answer is less games in August.🤭
Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:16 - Aug 15 with 732 viewsAntti_Heinola

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 11:12 - Aug 13 by PinnerPaul

Sort of see where you're coming from, but that is my point as well. He won't say before the game on the 11th Sept - "The boys have had a good rest" I bet he will go on about those away on international duty "only having just got back"!

I see he even has got the press boys at it now.

From the offy " .....as Rangers face a tough schedule with 3 games in matter of days"

Erm that will be 3 games in 8 days, like everyone else!

On the contrary, heard him say plenty of times they’ve had good time on the training ground before matches.
Think he’s entitled to his opinion and suspect it’s more down to along why so many games are packed into the first few weeks of the season.
There are no midweek games at all in Dec until after xmas for example. And none at all scheduled for jan (prob due to cup replays admittedly)

Bare bones.

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 13:42 - Aug 15 with 634 viewsPinnerPaul

Interesting interview with the gaffer about last night on 10:16 - Aug 15 by Antti_Heinola

On the contrary, heard him say plenty of times they’ve had good time on the training ground before matches.
Think he’s entitled to his opinion and suspect it’s more down to along why so many games are packed into the first few weeks of the season.
There are no midweek games at all in Dec until after xmas for example. And none at all scheduled for jan (prob due to cup replays admittedly)

Yep - good and bad weeks travelwise I agree - 9 month, 46 game season, teams all over the country - not sure what anyone can do about it is my main point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024