Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just what the city needs 13:57 - Aug 20 with 4417 viewsloftboy

After 18 months of being a ghost town

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/2021/aug/19/extin

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Just what the city needs on 14:11 - Aug 20 with 3864 viewsMedwayR

To be fair, they seem to have specific targets & reasoning and want to avoid disrupting the public as much as possible, seems fair enough.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 14:11]

Poll: Who’s better?

Just what the city needs on 17:27 - Aug 20 with 3565 viewsPinnerPaul

If you want 'normal' back, and don't we all, have to take the 'good' and 'bad'.

There's an anti vax, 'freedom' demonstration near my daughter's place tomorrow for example.
Just what the city needs on 19:32 - Aug 20 with 3341 viewsTripleR

Just what the city needs on 14:11 - Aug 20 by MedwayR

To be fair, they seem to have specific targets & reasoning and want to avoid disrupting the public as much as possible, seems fair enough.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2021 14:11]

Like stopping the underground/tube at Canning town a while back, that went well.
Just what the city needs on 19:43 - Aug 20 with 3300 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just what the city needs on 19:32 - Aug 20 by TripleR

Like stopping the underground/tube at Canning town a while back, that went well.

I’m not a fan of XR’s methods but a lot of people are claiming that nobhead was a Copper’s Plant, which after all the SpyCops scandal stuff is certainly possible.
Just what the city needs on 19:53 - Aug 20 with 3268 viewsMedwayR

Just what the city needs on 19:32 - Aug 20 by TripleR

You obviously didn't read the article before commenting:

"Thousands of protesters are expected to take part in a series of actions in the City, details of which are under wraps. These will target businesses headquartered in the Square Mile financial district, and will include site occupations. There are no plans to disrupt public transport, as has occurred during some previous actions."

Poll: Who’s better?

Just what the city needs on 22:33 - Aug 20 with 3061 viewsRanger_Things

Just what the city needs on 19:53 - Aug 20 by MedwayR

You obviously didn't read the article before commenting:

"Thousands of protesters are expected to take part in a series of actions in the City, details of which are under wraps. These will target businesses headquartered in the Square Mile financial district, and will include site occupations. There are no plans to disrupt public transport, as has occurred during some previous actions."

Yep, they've learned from that mistake. Personally I think XR are a overwhelmingly a force for good despite the odd fck up. The covid pandemic is a microscopic blip compared to the world of sht that will be brought on by climate change.
Just what the city needs on 23:53 - Aug 20 with 2955 viewsBoston

Just what the city needs on 22:33 - Aug 20 by Ranger_Things

Yep, they've learned from that mistake. Personally I think XR are a overwhelmingly a force for good despite the odd fck up. The covid pandemic is a microscopic blip compared to the world of sht that will be brought on by climate change.

...yeah but, they're like the dinosaurs.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Just what the city needs on 00:04 - Aug 21 with 2938 viewsAngelsone9

Just what the city needs on 23:53 - Aug 20 by Boston

...yeah but, they're like the dinosaurs.

but er... what ? maybe I'm misunderstanding?
at what point do we turn our attention(s) away from XR and aim it at the places that need to step up
or we all step off?
Login to get fewer ads

Just what the city needs on 00:10 - Aug 21 with 2919 viewsAngelsone9

ie - I don't think they're the problem.,..
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 0:12]
Just what the city needs on 07:48 - Aug 21 with 2718 viewsstevec

Just what the city needs on 22:33 - Aug 20 by Ranger_Things

Do XR protest in China?

Any number of power stations to choose from.

Guess it’s easier to block the good people of Canning Town getting to work.
Just what the city needs on 09:57 - Aug 21 with 2600 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just what the city needs on 19:43 - Aug 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m not a fan of XR’s methods but a lot of people are claiming that nobhead was a Copper’s Plant, which after all the SpyCops scandal stuff is certainly possible.

Undercover Policing:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/24/met-police-recruit-ex-officer-sp

Immoral Practices:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/07/spy-cops-joked-about-sexual-rela

Sabotage:

https://www.crimeandjustice.org.uk/subversion-sabotage-and-spying-political-poli
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 10:03]
Just what the city needs on 10:24 - Aug 21 with 2549 viewsRangersDave

They still dont fancy going to China , India or Russia to explain why they are such bad polluters and asking them face to face what they have done or are doing to fix their problem!

Meanwhile, last week China opened 2 more coal powered power stations!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Just what the city needs on 10:39 - Aug 21 with 2499 viewsstevec

Just what the city needs on 10:24 - Aug 21 by RangersDave

They still dont fancy going to China , India or Russia to explain why they are such bad polluters and asking them face to face what they have done or are doing to fix their problem!

Always get the impression that XR are the types that if they had a beef with Millwall they’d go and pick on Wimbledon fans.
Just what the city needs on 11:08 - Aug 21 with 2482 viewsdistortR

Just what the city needs on 10:39 - Aug 21 by stevec

Always get the impression that XR are the types that if they had a beef with Millwall they’d go and pick on Wimbledon fans.

how about playing the ball, not the man?
Just what the city needs on 11:53 - Aug 21 with 2389 viewsClive_Anderson

Just what the city needs on 10:24 - Aug 21 by RangersDave

Yes they seem to be exclusively targeting the West , which is at least trying to make environmental changes.

Net result is it increases the cost of manufacturing in the West so more gets outsourced to countries with no such environmental legislation and the amount of pollution actually increases.

It's the same with plastic being dumped in the ocean. These groups make us feel guilty and give the impression that it's us doing it, but in reality it's China and other far East countries, but you're never guess from their rhetoric.

If they concentrated on pressuring our governments to trade less with polluting nations or adding tariffs to the worst offenders (also add some more for poor human rights) then that is something I could get behind.
Just what the city needs on 12:15 - Aug 21 with 2390 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just what the city needs on 11:53 - Aug 21 by Clive_Anderson

Yes they seem to be exclusively targeting the West , which is at least trying to make environmental changes.

Net result is it increases the cost of manufacturing in the West so more gets outsourced to countries with no such environmental legislation and the amount of pollution actually increases.

It's the same with plastic being dumped in the ocean. These groups make us feel guilty and give the impression that it's us doing it, but in reality it's China and other far East countries, but you're never guess from their rhetoric.

If they concentrated on pressuring our governments to trade less with polluting nations or adding tariffs to the worst offenders (also add some more for poor human rights) then that is something I could get behind.

Well this is awkward

Just what the city needs on 15:14 - Aug 21 with 2274 viewsRanger_Things

Just what the city needs on 07:48 - Aug 21 by stevec

Do XR protest in China?

Any number of power stations to choose from.

Guess it’s easier to block the good people of Canning Town getting to work.

No of course not, what a ridiculous question.

However they have protested at British companies which have chosen to buy fossil fuels, raw materials and outsource manufacturing from China and other parts of the world. If the west demanded China switch to renewables to manufacture our products their emissions would absolutely plummet. Better still, would be us switching to solely renewables and bringing manufacturing home but sadly that will never happen.
Just what the city needs on 15:18 - Aug 21 with 2264 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Just what the city needs on 17:27 - Aug 20 by PinnerPaul

If you want 'normal' back, and don't we all, have to take the 'good' and 'bad'.

There's an anti vax, 'freedom' demonstration near my daughter's place tomorrow for example.

What ever you think of that demo, it isn't deliberately designed to bring the city to a standstill.

By all means, exercise you right to freedom of speech but not in a way that deliberately seeks to compromise infrastructure and inflict misery on others.
Just what the city needs on 15:19 - Aug 21 with 2261 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Just what the city needs on 19:43 - Aug 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Codswallop. He was XR and got what he deserved.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 15:21]
Just what the city needs on 16:43 - Aug 21 with 2196 viewsPinnerPaul

Just what the city needs on 15:18 - Aug 21 by Benny_the_Ball

What ever you think of that demo, it isn't deliberately designed to bring the city to a standstill.

By all means, exercise you right to freedom of speech but not in a way that deliberately seeks to compromise infrastructure and inflict misery on others.

Agree
Just what the city needs on 22:45 - Aug 21 with 2050 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just what the city needs on 15:18 - Aug 21 by Benny_the_Ball

People have jumped in front of horses for less.

Holding a fcking tea party won’t change anything. That’s the point.

Enjoy your weekend, given to you by someone who disrupted something once.
Just what the city needs on 09:05 - Aug 22 with 1879 viewsRangersDave

this is also rather interesting.....

https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/webcams/beijing_china_1816670

Live views but smog ( i checked, its not raining in Beijing at the moment), but reminds me of my many visits there where due to smog you cannot see your hand in front of your face.

That graph with china being the lowest must be fake

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Just what the city needs on 09:30 - Aug 22 with 1839 viewsstevec

Just what the city needs on 12:15 - Aug 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well this is awkward

Per capita is essentially irrelevant, you might have noticed climate change doesn’t recognise per capita.

China are the number one polluter, in fact double the amount of even the second most polluter, USA. That is some statistic.

If memory serves China produce approximately 25% of pollution. UK on the other hand, 1%.

As such, despite the dangers, if XR really mean business then get off the train to London and get a boat to China.
Just what the city needs on 09:55 - Aug 22 with 1822 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just what the city needs on 09:05 - Aug 22 by RangersDave

Live views but smog ( i checked, its not raining in Beijing at the moment), but reminds me of my many visits there where due to smog you cannot see your hand in front of your face.

The World Bank is notoriously pro Chinese
Just what the city needs on 14:11 - Aug 22 with 1725 viewsLythamR

Just what the city needs on 09:05 - Aug 22 by RangersDave

No it isnt fake, the chinese make up 17% of the worlds population, 100's of millions of them have tiny carbon footprints because they live simple lives with much technology or transport are rarely travel beyond their own communities

We in the west need to get our houses in order and set standards that we can hold of as examples, isnt that part of what being world leader is all about.

pointing fingers as developing countries with much lower levels of individual per capita wealth like india and china until we in the west (and particularly the USA) get our own shit together is not a persuasive argument
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024