Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Own Goal 01:42 - Aug 28 with 5127 views_Windydale

I thought the keeper could have done better for the own goal. Maybe it's the angle shown in the videos.
Own Goal on 05:17 - Aug 28 with 5043 viewsDiddyDave

Agree from what I saw on Youtube, it was a really tight angle that you`d have thought he could`ve stuck out one of his long legs to save it. Maybe not?
Own Goal on 06:52 - Aug 28 with 4996 viewsboromat

I was in the main stand and don't think he could have got it. As well as the pass being very wayward he was caught wrong footed moving away from the goal.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Own Goal on 07:35 - Aug 28 with 4923 viewsmikehunt

The pass back was hit too hard with a bit of spin on it. Coleman had started to move towards the ball and was caught out by its pace. Not his fault really.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Own Goal on 07:56 - Aug 28 with 4865 viewsnordenblue

Own Goal on 07:35 - Aug 28 by mikehunt

The pass back was hit too hard with a bit of spin on it. Coleman had started to move towards the ball and was caught out by its pace. Not his fault really.

Not sure why you'd ever aim a back pass directly at the net, even at school boy level they tell you to play it across the goal for that very reason,
Own Goal on 09:02 - Aug 28 with 4738 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Own Goal on 07:56 - Aug 28 by nordenblue

Not sure why you'd ever aim a back pass directly at the net, even at school boy level they tell you to play it across the goal for that very reason,

I think it just shows how ridiculous this obsession with possession is. We had a throw-in maybe 15yds from the halfway line. The ball should be going forward from there, down the line. As was said earlier, a back pass should never be "on target" and to a right footed goalkeeper it was just wrong. Taylor will learn from it and if he doesn't he will struggle to get playing time. He was pretty poor all evening.
Own Goal on 10:11 - Aug 28 with 4600 viewsEllDale

I was standing behind it in the Sandy.
Coleman was completely wrong footed as he was moving to his right.
Why pass the ball into the goalmouth though at that sort of pace? Schoolboy error from Taylor I’m afraid.
In some ways this pitch is too good because it encourages passing!
Own Goal on 12:59 - Aug 28 with 4393 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Own Goal on 10:11 - Aug 28 by EllDale

I was standing behind it in the Sandy.
Coleman was completely wrong footed as he was moving to his right.
Why pass the ball into the goalmouth though at that sort of pace? Schoolboy error from Taylor I’m afraid.
In some ways this pitch is too good because it encourages passing!

Think he is being given too much credit for how accurate he can pass the ball tbh. If this was at the other end with an open goal he would probably score about 2/10

99 times out of 100 our keeper has it covered or it goes wide so maybe a bit of an overreaction to a shocking og. Taylor and Coleman will learn from it as it cost us, but it really was freakish and doubt we will ever see an og like it.

On another subject does anyone remember an answer an goal which I think was pre the back pass rule. O’shaunessy just turned and lobbed it back over Welch’s head. Now that really was bad!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Own Goal on 13:04 - Aug 28 with 4383 viewsTVOS1907

Own Goal on 12:59 - Aug 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

Think he is being given too much credit for how accurate he can pass the ball tbh. If this was at the other end with an open goal he would probably score about 2/10

99 times out of 100 our keeper has it covered or it goes wide so maybe a bit of an overreaction to a shocking og. Taylor and Coleman will learn from it as it cost us, but it really was freakish and doubt we will ever see an og like it.

On another subject does anyone remember an answer an goal which I think was pre the back pass rule. O’shaunessy just turned and lobbed it back over Welch’s head. Now that really was bad!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Own Goal on 19:09 - Aug 28 with 4076 viewsCleedale

Think this might take the biscuit; even more special as just around the corner...

Own Goal on 19:24 - Aug 28 with 4045 viewsjacko_dale

Gareth Griffiths chesting it through Gilks' legs against Torquay (I think) at home was also a corker.
Own Goal on 23:31 - Aug 28 with 3787 viewsdalefan10

didn't have a chance
Own Goal on 09:44 - Aug 29 with 3598 viewsmikehunt

Mark Stuart blasting the ball into his own net v Lincoln was a belter.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Own Goal on 22:36 - Aug 29 with 3280 viewsdingdangblue

Germans do it more efficient

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/58376135

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Own Goal on 22:45 - Aug 29 with 3274 viewsdale1968

Who Can Forget This.. Go To 4.45.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Own Goal on 15:14 - Aug 30 with 3000 viewsEllDale

Wish I could do the link but has anyone else seen the stoppage time own goal that saw Atletico draw with Villarreal?
Own Goal on 17:40 - Aug 30 with 2893 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Own Goal on 15:14 - Aug 30 by EllDale

Wish I could do the link but has anyone else seen the stoppage time own goal that saw Atletico draw with Villarreal?

Think the own goal featuring in a game of former league football club bURY is one of the best I have seen, think it’s Chris Brass who is the culprit as he manages to kick the ball into his own face.

As own goals go the worst one I know is us employing that vvanker Bottomley!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Own Goal on 21:36 - Aug 30 with 2772 viewsD_Alien

Own Goal on 17:40 - Aug 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

Think the own goal featuring in a game of former league football club bURY is one of the best I have seen, think it’s Chris Brass who is the culprit as he manages to kick the ball into his own face.

Tbf, think it was a case of him employing himself, in the absence of anyone challenging him about it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Own Goal on 12:54 - Sep 3 with 2261 viewsdingdangblue

Own Goal on 17:40 - Aug 30 by Thacks_Rabbits

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024