Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane gone 20:15 - Aug 31 with 14336 viewsSimplyNico

Kane gone on 20:22 - Aug 31 with 5923 viewsSK_hoops

Must have got lost on the way to Sheffield.
Kane gone on 20:25 - Aug 31 with 5870 viewsaston_hoop

Should re-invest the £13 million in a midfielder I reckon.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Kane gone on 20:29 - Aug 31 with 5810 viewsrichranger

..and nothing mentioned about a fee - not even 'undisclosed'. Sounds like a free!
Kane gone on 20:31 - Aug 31 with 5769 viewsbakerloo8

Kane gone on 20:29 - Aug 31 by richranger

..and nothing mentioned about a fee - not even 'undisclosed'. Sounds like a free!

Cos hes not worth 2 bob.

Byeeeeee
Kane gone on 20:33 - Aug 31 with 5756 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I reckon Mark Warburton "drove him there himself".

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Kane gone on 20:49 - Aug 31 with 5607 viewsGroveR

He was gone the moment we signed Odubajo but an surely an injury cover signing for Coventry nonetheless. Maybe offered marginally more going forward than Kakay at times last season but was never going to develop as Kakay seems to be.

A bit "don't let the door hit you on the àrse on the way out" from me.
Kane gone on 20:52 - Aug 31 with 5558 viewshantssi

No way we’d let him go for free he’s worth every penny of £13M and I doubt we settled for less plus a 25% sell on fee!
Kane gone on 20:53 - Aug 31 with 5539 viewsMrSheen

Played for us 60 times. Don’t get the glee about him leaving.

Some wishful thinking on Wikipedia…
Login to get fewer ads

Kane gone on 20:57 - Aug 31 with 5496 viewsLongsufferingR

He looks delighted
Kane gone on 21:02 - Aug 31 with 5438 viewsdanehoop

Kane gone on 20:53 - Aug 31 by MrSheen

Played for us 60 times. Don’t get the glee about him leaving.

Some wishful thinking on Wikipedia…

Solid player, did a job for us. Made mistakes on and off the field, arguably very naive, but clearly more behind the scenes that we are not party. Don't wish him ill, just a real shame it ended for him with us like it did.

This move suits all parties as an outcome from a very difficult situation.

Never knowingly understood

Kane gone on 21:02 - Aug 31 with 5440 viewsdmm

Sky Sports has this as an undisclosed fee.
Kane gone on 21:05 - Aug 31 with 5398 viewsPBLOCK

Kane gone on 21:02 - Aug 31 by danehoop

Solid player, did a job for us. Made mistakes on and off the field, arguably very naive, but clearly more behind the scenes that we are not party. Don't wish him ill, just a real shame it ended for him with us like it did.

This
Kane gone on 21:10 - Aug 31 with 5320 viewsgobbles

Kane gone on 20:49 - Aug 31 by GroveR

He was gone the moment we signed Odubajo but an surely an injury cover signing for Coventry nonetheless. Maybe offered marginally more going forward than Kakay at times last season but was never going to develop as Kakay seems to be.

A bit "don't let the door hit you on the àrse on the way out" from me.

Is Kakay developing?
When we played with wing-backs, Kakay deputising for Kane was a big downgrade. And I certainly haven't seen anything from him this season to suddenly see he is going to make a big step up.
He's 24, you'd hope he would be more than just cover by now.
Kane gone on 21:18 - Aug 31 with 5230 viewsqprd

Kane gone on 21:10 - Aug 31 by gobbles

Is Kakay developing?
When we played with wing-backs, Kakay deputising for Kane was a big downgrade. And I certainly haven't seen anything from him this season to suddenly see he is going to make a big step up.

incredibly harsh... has only 1 full championship season to his name, and he's improving... whether hes 22, 23, 24, 25 is immaterial- he's still pretty young in football terms, and his preferred position is clearly as a rightback rather than a right wingback, so its not surprising that kane was better at times....

will be an important player for us this season with his ability to play both fullback positions and as a rightsided centreback in a 3
Kane gone on 21:29 - Aug 31 with 5133 viewsGroveR

Is Kakay developing?

I think so. At Boro away Isaiah Jones was terrorising everything that came near him until Odubajo got sent off. Kakay looked much more steady against him and the goal from that side was 100% Ball's fault.

It'll be difficult to say how Kakay is developing as Odubajo seems to be an upgrade on Kane so we're not comparing apples with apples but if he keeps doing what he's been asked to do (deputise at right back without everyone shìtting a brick) then yes.
Kane gone on 21:47 - Aug 31 with 4990 viewsdm97

Is Kakay developing?

This argument about age irks me. Players don't all develop at the same rate or at the same age, and to assume player x must be at point y simply because they are age z is a bit simplistic.
Kakay hasn't played that many senior games relative to the (statistically) average 24 year old - Clive's 50, 100, 150 klaxon - and to "hope he would more than just cover by now" ignore this, among others, aspect of player development
Kane gone on 21:54 - Aug 31 with 4917 viewsessextaxiboy

He scored 2 or 3 decent goals for us but incredibly disrespectful to a team mate and paid the price under Warburton ..we have moved on already anyway
Kane gone on 21:56 - Aug 31 with 4904 viewssaxbend

In terms of performance I think he still could have had something to offer us, even though it was a season and a half before we saw it. The Brentford thing was very unfortunate and a case of his Chelsea training coming through, but could have been forgivable with a show of genuine remorse and a determination to put things right and give us everything on the pitch. However that interview where he put himself before the squad was the end really. It revealed that he wasn't feeling the spirit of the squad and it was time for him to try again at another club. So I definitely wouldn't say good riddance or dismiss the contribution he made in quite a few games, but nor am I sorry to see him go. I just hope that he gets it right at Coventry and that Coventry know what they're getting.

It's probably a positive that there are no quotes from him on the Coventry website. Maybe they'll publish an interview on another day, but perhaps they and he are making the wise move of just getting on with it until he has a chance to make a statement on the pitch.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 21:57]
Kane gone on 22:03 - Aug 31 with 4819 viewsdmm

As I think has been already said, he'll surely be cover as Dabo looked to be one of Coventry's best players on Saturday.
Kane gone on 22:04 - Aug 31 with 4813 viewsQPR_Jim

Kane gone on 21:54 - Aug 31 by essextaxiboy

He scored 2 or 3 decent goals for us but incredibly disrespectful to a team mate and paid the price under Warburton ..we have moved on already anyway

Exactly, we have moved on and have enough options in that position. Him leaving reduces the wage bill so we can strengthen elsewhere and provides opportunities for those coming through to progress as he won't be in the reserve team. Hopefully a win win situation if Todd can claim a spot a Coventry, best of luck to him (until we play them again).
Kane gone on 22:07 - Aug 31 with 4777 viewsbosh67

Kane gone on 21:02 - Aug 31 by danehoop

Totally agree with this. I actually felt he had improved considerably until he put his foot in it on the video. The problem for him is that wasn't meant to be a public comment and it just got uploaded. I don't even think at that moment that what he said was particularly wrong or disrespectful. At that moment he was a better player than Kakay. I am sure Os didn't take it too badly. It felt very throw away at the time and there was nothing wrong with a player having confidence in his own ability.

The problem was (for me) that the fans just never really took to him and that was what got to him because of the whole Chelsea past thing. We've had plenty of players from Chelsea that have gone on to be legends here. For some reason he just didn't seem to win the fans over. He improved, he started to put a lot of good crosses in and he scored some important goals but the fans just didn't seem to like him and he seemed to react to that.

So, for me he was a decent enough player who was improving but probably better suited to a team where the rivalry thing isn't an issue.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kane gone on 22:14 - Aug 31 with 4731 viewsSK_hoops

Kane gone on 21:47 - Aug 31 by dm97

This argument about age irks me. Players don't all develop at the same rate or at the same age, and to assume player x must be at point y simply because they are age z is a bit simplistic.
Kakay hasn't played that many senior games relative to the (statistically) average 24 year old - Clive's 50, 100, 150 klaxon - and to "hope he would more than just cover by now" ignore this, among others, aspect of player development

Yep compare Ravel Morrison to Jamie Vardy.
Kane gone on 22:17 - Aug 31 with 4705 viewsdistortR

Kane gone on 22:14 - Aug 31 by SK_hoops

Yep compare Ravel Morrison to Jamie Vardy.

well, only one of them has scored for the Rangers, so it's a big thumbs up to Ravel for me
Kane gone on 22:19 - Aug 31 with 4689 viewsGloryHunter

Kane gone on 22:07 - Aug 31 by bosh67

Totally agree with this. I actually felt he had improved considerably until he put his foot in it on the video. The problem for him is that wasn't meant to be a public comment and it just got uploaded. I don't even think at that moment that what he said was particularly wrong or disrespectful. At that moment he was a better player than Kakay. I am sure Os didn't take it too badly. It felt very throw away at the time and there was nothing wrong with a player having confidence in his own ability.

The problem was (for me) that the fans just never really took to him and that was what got to him because of the whole Chelsea past thing. We've had plenty of players from Chelsea that have gone on to be legends here. For some reason he just didn't seem to win the fans over. He improved, he started to put a lot of good crosses in and he scored some important goals but the fans just didn't seem to like him and he seemed to react to that.

So, for me he was a decent enough player who was improving but probably better suited to a team where the rivalry thing isn't an issue.

It was the fingers in the ears gesture that did it for me. That was disrespectful to us, the fans. TV
Kane gone on 22:30 - Aug 31 with 4614 viewsgobbles

Kane gone on 22:19 - Aug 31 by GloryHunter

It was the fingers in the ears gesture that did it for me. That was disrespectful to us, the fans. TV

Only "disrespectful" to the fans who booed him or abused him on Twitter.
Of course, calling a player all sorts on social media isn't disrespectful at all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024