Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report 17:15 - Sep 12 with 3849 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55729
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 17:27 - Sep 12 with 3779 viewsPinnerPaul

Excellent - can't have been an easy game to 'pitch' report wise.

"Lets just enjoy it" is perfect though!
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 18:03 - Sep 12 with 3624 viewsRangersw12

Fully behind the just enjoy it message

We have a team and manager that is very likeable all giving 100 % whilst attempting to play attacking passing football

If your not happy at the moment then your never gonna be happy supporting a club like Rangers

Also anyone giving Charlie stick on social media needs to give their head a wobble
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 18:27 - Sep 12 with 3547 viewsnix

Sometimes I can't help having an opinion. But of course you're right, we should be enjoying the ride at the moment, rather than fretting about where we'll be next May.

An away trip is a rarity for me, and this one, apart from the three and three and three quarter hours it took me to get home - and I live in South West London FFS, was a brilliant one to choose. The noise we made behind the goal. The banter between us and the 'home fans' who mystifyingly were standing up because they love QPR. The fist pumping towards Stef Johansen from middle aged women as he wheeled round towards the crowd after scoring and fist pumped straight back. That and the joy on the little boy next to me's face as Rob Dickie handed him his shirt. They'll all stay long in the memory.

I was particularly keen on your report and it didn't disappoint Wish I had the energy to do it all again on Tuesday. But it's Sky and The Sofa for me. I'm hoping to hear you all in fine voice.

You can tell the players gave it their all, they looked knackered at the end. And there's a definite love affair with the crowd that even Jamie Mackie would be pleased with.

Let's just keep urging them on.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 18:59 - Sep 12 with 3441 viewsdixiedean

Great report but I will add a slight Victor Meldrew footnote. Whilst we all came away elated to snatch a point, I think we need to be more ruthless in killing games off . Until their first goal it was embarrassingly easy - maybe too easy - and we should have put our foot on their throat but we seemed content to just wait for a 2 nd goal to happen. If we are serious about going up , I can’t help thinking this is the kind of game we should be winning.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 19:16 - Sep 12 with 3383 viewseastside_r

My row 'C' seat did not give me a great view, at least not the panoramic perspective I usually enjoy, but I have two things to add.

Austin was properly pissed off with the effort that was smothered by their keeper and defender, it is the sort of chance he normally takes. We know what he can give us at this stage of his career (and also what he can't.) Not one of his best days but I am not going to write him off.

Conversely my position gave me an excellent view of the equaliser. From the highlights I have seen it looks like a tap in but in fact Stefan coolly threads it into the net, where in the previous few minutes hotter heads found flailing defenders in the way. Not our man Johansen - I cannot believe his place is being questioned by some (one?) on here. The guy is absolute class and exactly what this team needs to hold it together.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 19:17 - Sep 12 with 3375 viewsNorthernr

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 19:16 - Sep 12 by eastside_r

My row 'C' seat did not give me a great view, at least not the panoramic perspective I usually enjoy, but I have two things to add.

Austin was properly pissed off with the effort that was smothered by their keeper and defender, it is the sort of chance he normally takes. We know what he can give us at this stage of his career (and also what he can't.) Not one of his best days but I am not going to write him off.

Conversely my position gave me an excellent view of the equaliser. From the highlights I have seen it looks like a tap in but in fact Stefan coolly threads it into the net, where in the previous few minutes hotter heads found flailing defenders in the way. Not our man Johansen - I cannot believe his place is being questioned by some (one?) on here. The guy is absolute class and exactly what this team needs to hold it together.

One of the best midfielders we've had for many a year, as is plainly obvious every time we play.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 19:23 - Sep 12 with 3354 viewsdaveB

I thought the ref gave a lot of soft free kicks to them but we didn't help ourselves giving him decisions to make.

The time wasting from them at 3-2 was poor and thought the ref should have added a lot more on especially after the Chair injury as well but other than that can't really complain.

This team are a real joy to watch, there are areas where we can improve, i think both wingbacks haver been poor the last few games especially defensively but I'm just enjoying watching this team, can't wait for Tuesday.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 19:38 - Sep 12 with 3295 viewsNorthernr

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 19:23 - Sep 12 by daveB

I thought the ref gave a lot of soft free kicks to them but we didn't help ourselves giving him decisions to make.

The time wasting from them at 3-2 was poor and thought the ref should have added a lot more on especially after the Chair injury as well but other than that can't really complain.

This team are a real joy to watch, there are areas where we can improve, i think both wingbacks haver been poor the last few games especially defensively but I'm just enjoying watching this team, can't wait for Tuesday.

referee was a six for me, but I gave him an extra point for actually booking rather than just warning, and also doing it when there was still time for it to be a problem for the keeper. usually on the rare occasions somebody gets booked, it's 89 minutes, so it's job done by that point.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 20:18 - Sep 12 with 3143 viewsParkRoyalR

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 19:38 - Sep 12 by Northernr

referee was a six for me, but I gave him an extra point for actually booking rather than just warning, and also doing it when there was still time for it to be a problem for the keeper. usually on the rare occasions somebody gets booked, it's 89 minutes, so it's job done by that point.

I know Ref's are allowing more contact but that tackle on McCallum in 1st Half wouldn't have looked out of place on the Scrubs on a Sunday morning - looked out of control and dangerous to me - a yellow card then may have saved Chair receiving same from same Reading player in 2nd Half - fortunate neither player was seriously injured.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 21:38 - Sep 12 with 2899 viewsNorthernr

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 20:18 - Sep 12 by ParkRoyalR

I know Ref's are allowing more contact but that tackle on McCallum in 1st Half wouldn't have looked out of place on the Scrubs on a Sunday morning - looked out of control and dangerous to me - a yellow card then may have saved Chair receiving same from same Reading player in 2nd Half - fortunate neither player was seriously injured.

See I thought that was a great tackle on Sam, and really kickstarted Reading in the game.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 22:42 - Sep 12 with 2698 viewsDorse

Note to Reading Planning Dept. Investigate possibility of installing a spunk-powered waterslide to ease traffic congestion.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 23:00 - Sep 12 with 2647 viewsB_Wad

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 20:18 - Sep 12 by ParkRoyalR

Fun and insightful read as usual.

I watched on QPR Plus, so different view, but thought we dodged one after the Dickie yellow card and subsequent foul. Quite right that there seemed to be some leniency shown.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 23:27 - Sep 12 with 2593 viewsLazyFan

Great report.
Looking at the reverse angle for the third goal I managed to screen capture the exact moment Willock plays the ball. And it shows it was in on the line when he actually crosses it.

The goal is valid just in case any Reading fans say it had crossed the line. It hadn't.
Shame I cannot upload it anywhere to post here :(

zzzzzzzzzz

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 23:57 - Sep 12 with 2555 viewsT_Block

New high: river of semen
This isn’t The Athletic
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 01:31 - Sep 13 with 2467 viewsSydneyRs

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 18:59 - Sep 12 by dixiedean

Great report but I will add a slight Victor Meldrew footnote. Whilst we all came away elated to snatch a point, I think we need to be more ruthless in killing games off . Until their first goal it was embarrassingly easy - maybe too easy - and we should have put our foot on their throat but we seemed content to just wait for a 2 nd goal to happen. If we are serious about going up , I can’t help thinking this is the kind of game we should be winning.

You have a point, but also true is that, if we are serious about going up, pulling a result out of situations like this will go a long way to achieving that.

For me, we haven't yet hit our best and are still unbeaten having had key players out injured, ill etc. Glass half full.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 06:32 - Sep 13 with 2296 viewsDevon_4_England

One of those get in the ground a few minutes before the teams come out days and enjoy an away day with your son. Parking at the ground never gets easier but was lovely to sit in traffic and take in the grumpy Reading fans not moving anywhere soon. Raucous following at times and my days it is good times down the Rangers again be sure of that.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 06:39 - Sep 13 with 2286 viewsDevon_4_England

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 19:38 - Sep 12 by Northernr

Some of the soft fouls he gave to Reading looked like it was going to slow things down but Albert waits for no man!
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 08:20 - Sep 13 with 2145 viewsrsonist

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 17:27 - Sep 12 by PinnerPaul

Excellent - can't have been an easy game to 'pitch' report wise.

"Lets just enjoy it" is perfect though!

Very much so. Lots of brewing narratives but too early to pin ourselves to any. Perfectly devilish reply game to the xG debate in particular.

Half wonder what the report would have been like without the kneejerk posting on here...!
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 09:39 - Sep 13 with 1983 viewsWatfordR

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 18:59 - Sep 12 by dixiedean

Yes we should have won that, but just look at how much this team has come on in nine months. We're getting better and better, and learning to put the foot on opposition necks when we have them down will come.

If there's a Victor Meldrew issue for me, it's that I want us to get up to be able to keep this team together and growing. This season is a bit of a "sliding doors" moment for the club for me, and I'm not sure I could bear to see two or three of these boys having to be sold.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 12:30 - Sep 13 with 1726 viewsdenhamhoop2

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 19:17 - Sep 12 by Northernr

One of the best midfielders we've had for many a year, as is plainly obvious every time we play.

I sense this season we will live and die on how Johansson plays wouldn't be surprised to see teams man mark him with their best defensive midfielder. Him and Faurlin are our best midfielders since Wilkins would loved to have seen them playing together. Fulham must have some team if he isn't good enough for them
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 13:45 - Sep 13 with 1583 viewsdaveB

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 12:30 - Sep 13 by denhamhoop2

I sense this season we will live and die on how Johansson plays wouldn't be surprised to see teams man mark him with their best defensive midfielder. Him and Faurlin are our best midfielders since Wilkins would loved to have seen them playing together. Fulham must have some team if he isn't good enough for them

I loved Faurlin but for me Johansson is a step up from him, seeing him live he is just so impressive
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 15:55 - Sep 13 with 1433 viewsQPR_John

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 19:16 - Sep 12 by eastside_r

“ From the highlights I have seen it looks like a tap in but in fact Stefan coolly threads it into the net, where in the previous few minutes hotter heads found flailing defenders in the way. Not our man Johansen -”

My thoughts exactly.
QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 17:17 - Sep 13 with 1347 viewsLazyFan

Here is Willocks cross captured from the video:

As we can see it was on the line so, valid goal if any Reading fans doubt it.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 17:19]

zzzzzzzzzz

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 03:13 - Sep 14 with 985 viewsjtuck

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 17:17 - Sep 13 by LazyFan

Here is Willocks cross captured from the video:

As we can see it was on the line so, valid goal if any Reading fans doubt it.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2021 17:19]

Fine forensic work. Thank you. On Cool Hand Johansen it seemed to me like he waited a beat before slotting in. Comparing the Norwegian to the late great Super Ray valid. Not as good as Wilkins but has the same midfield general effect.

LAranger

QPR's comeback kids leave it late at Reading - Report on 11:38 - Sep 14 with 872 viewsNortholt_Rs

“ Adomah wanted more, fetching the ball back for the kick off, attacking down the flank again, getting the ball right again. If Chris Willock’s powerful, first time, shot on the turn, which beat the goalkeeper all ends up, had been three inches lower, and nestled in the top corner, in the final minute of time added on, he would now be carrying my child. That would have solved the problem of how you get out of this shithole and back to the station — we could have surfed there on a river of semen.”

I don’t care whatever else you write in the rest of your life - this will take some beating. Incredible stuff….
[Post edited 14 Sep 2021 11:38]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024