Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT 08:39 - Sep 15 with 3522 viewsgazza1

Typictal LFW response to getting beat.......it is everybody's fault but not ours, the ref, the Manager, the ball boys, their players fouling, poor team selection (that has worked pretty well for us so far) and t goes on.

Ever heard of 'winning well and loosing well'!!!

We lost because we conceded a very poor goal in the 12th minute - it is going to happen because that is how we play. We didn't win because we didn't finish well enough and their keeper made some fine saves.

We played overall 'pretty well' in many aspects of the game, another day, another result. I am very disappointed, not because of anything else but I think we played well enough to get something from the game.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:02 - Sep 15 with 2564 viewsnix

I think the referee was sh*t.

I don't think we necessarily lost the game because of the referee.

One statement does not necessarily lead onto the other.

Although I would ask why did Bournemouth foul us so much if it's not to gain a competitive advantage?
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:05 - Sep 15 with 2543 viewsgazza1

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:02 - Sep 15 by nix

I think the referee was sh*t.

I don't think we necessarily lost the game because of the referee.

One statement does not necessarily lead onto the other.

Although I would ask why did Bournemouth foul us so much if it's not to gain a competitive advantage?

They fouled so much because we played well and that is one of the tactics they used to slow us down a bit and try and gain an advantage......surely you have read Norf's reports where he has complained that we do not get in the refs ear enough, why didn't we 'take one for the team', etc, etc, etc.......its football!!!

Posters need to look at QPR and not keep complaining about everything else....it was our fault we got beat last night. Nobody else's fault - ours!!!
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 9:07]
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:08 - Sep 15 with 2522 viewsozexile

I thought the posts have been quite positive and looking forward to Saturday. That's my outlook anyway.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:08 - Sep 15 with 2522 viewsbosh67

I think unless Dickie scores a 45 yard screamer in the next game, in both halves we should sell him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:09 - Sep 15 with 2509 viewsgazza1

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:08 - Sep 15 by ozexile

I thought the posts have been quite positive and looking forward to Saturday. That's my outlook anyway.

I suggest you look a lot closer.......positive about 10/1 against!!!
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:13 - Sep 15 with 2486 viewsParkRoyalR

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:09 - Sep 15 by gazza1

I suggest you look a lot closer.......positive about 10/1 against!!!

I thought our fans reactions on final whistle said it all, not sure I'd be getting up the next morning with my contrary half glass full who can I provoke today hat on.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:16 - Sep 15 with 2468 viewsgazza1

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:13 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

I thought our fans reactions on final whistle said it all, not sure I'd be getting up the next morning with my contrary half glass full who can I provoke today hat on.

Yes, I bet it was - The Team did not let the travelling, nor the armchair, fans down.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 9:17]
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:17 - Sep 15 with 2456 viewsSharpy36

Apart from the obvious Dickie mistake and Kakays poor game by and large we played well enough to get a point last night. My only criticism was the subbing of Kakay should have been earlier, and had that happened we may have got that point. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Login to get fewer ads

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:18 - Sep 15 with 2446 viewsgazza1

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:17 - Sep 15 by Sharpy36

Apart from the obvious Dickie mistake and Kakays poor game by and large we played well enough to get a point last night. My only criticism was the subbing of Kakay should have been earlier, and had that happened we may have got that point. But hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Agreed Kakay wasnt at his best but he was better than Dykes. Took them off early 2nd, perhaps to give them a chance to improve.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 9:19]
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:19 - Sep 15 with 2434 viewsPhildo

all about opinions though isn't it? If not why bother with a forum just go out and shout at the weeds in the garden.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:25 - Sep 15 with 2388 viewsParkRoyalR

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:18 - Sep 15 by gazza1

Agreed Kakay wasnt at his best but he was better than Dykes. Took them off early 2nd, perhaps to give them a chance to improve.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 9:19]

Oh no not Dykes again - played as a lone striker, support not close enough, one fantastic leap and header on target from only cross into box, won half his aerials, only R's player to bully a Bournemouth player first half, some good knock-downs, very decent half. Direct comparison would be Austin's 1st half v Reading where he offered nothing, likewise Chair last night.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:31 - Sep 15 with 2355 viewsozexile

Exactly, if I was that bothered about others opinions I wouldn't log in.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:35 - Sep 15 with 2332 viewsgazza1

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:25 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

Oh no not Dykes again - played as a lone striker, support not close enough, one fantastic leap and header on target from only cross into box, won half his aerials, only R's player to bully a Bournemouth player first half, some good knock-downs, very decent half. Direct comparison would be Austin's 1st half v Reading where he offered nothing, likewise Chair last night.

Not interested in Chair or CA......if you actually thought that Dykes done OK last night then sobeit - not worth discussing. He was dire!!!
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 10:07 - Sep 15 with 2223 viewsthemodfather

yes we lost having played well v a top rated decent team, their tactics left me and many frustrated but many positives came out, ie we played well despite falling behind, again and again , fans at the game were loud and supportive and the team kept at it and nearly got it back, so surely good fitness ? to see/hear sky going on about bournemouth as a top side and we run em ragged had me at times? we move on and should learn.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 10:24 - Sep 15 with 2152 viewsParkRoyalR

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:35 - Sep 15 by gazza1

Not interested in Chair or CA......if you actually thought that Dykes done OK last night then sobeit - not worth discussing. He was dire!!!

Why are you not interested in Chair or Austin, who were both so ineffectual over the last 2 games to be concerning ie is one fit enough for Championship football at this stage in his career and does one need a rest after a long haul international break.

Why are you so obsessed with criticizing a striker who cost less than £2m, plays hard for the team, is on less than £ 10k p/wk compared to Lewis Grabban, Nakki Wells etc on 3 and 4 times his money and has scored something like 10 in his last 15 games.

Very odd.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 10:28 - Sep 15 with 2127 viewsgazza1

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 10:24 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

Why are you not interested in Chair or Austin, who were both so ineffectual over the last 2 games to be concerning ie is one fit enough for Championship football at this stage in his career and does one need a rest after a long haul international break.

Why are you so obsessed with criticizing a striker who cost less than £2m, plays hard for the team, is on less than £ 10k p/wk compared to Lewis Grabban, Nakki Wells etc on 3 and 4 times his money and has scored something like 10 in his last 15 games.

Very odd.

Not interested in comparisons basically in other matches or individuals - all different......not interested in what players cost either. I just look at the performance, this time Dykes and he was poor. A quickie re Chair he was OK(Ish).
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 10:35 - Sep 15 with 2086 viewsMalintabuk

My only concern about us is that we keep going behind in games, and we somehow need to address this
There is no denying it makes for a great watch especially for a neutral, but most on here are not neutrals, and it must be down to the coaching staff to try and stop this
The football and entertainment is great, but IMO I think we need to temper the open football and tighten up.
This season is like last in many ways where the team is far to open and prone to individual mistakes, this was something we cut out in December going 3 at the back. It may now need to have a rethink about this and try something else.
We are all hoping for a top 6 finish and I can't see us achieving this if we keep giving teams 2 goal starts.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 10:40 - Sep 15 with 2038 viewsParkRoyalR

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 10:28 - Sep 15 by gazza1

Not interested in comparisons basically in other matches or individuals - all different......not interested in what players cost either. I just look at the performance, this time Dykes and he was poor. A quickie re Chair he was OK(Ish).

If I'll agree Chair was OK'ish

.....for not hitting the target with two shots from 20 yards plum centre of goal....
.....failing to spot an obvious and easy pass in build up to our 1st goal...
.....for having to be prompted by Willock to receive a simple pass that got him in behind
.....for putting a corner in the last 5 out on the full....
.....for looking over at Adomah and thinking how does he play those first time crosses, just think how many Dykes, Austin and Cray would score if I could just do that (ok, made that one up)....

I think we can agree Dykes was OK'ish.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 10:41 - Sep 15 with 2036 viewsWren67

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:05 - Sep 15 by gazza1

They fouled so much because we played well and that is one of the tactics they used to slow us down a bit and try and gain an advantage......surely you have read Norf's reports where he has complained that we do not get in the refs ear enough, why didn't we 'take one for the team', etc, etc, etc.......its football!!!

Posters need to look at QPR and not keep complaining about everything else....it was our fault we got beat last night. Nobody else's fault - ours!!!
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 9:07]

Try as I might I can't disagree with your final statement. It is about taking responsibility and I am sure Warbs and the team has done so.
Really disappointed with the loss and the gifted goal. We stuttered at times but made chances too.
Was in the middle of Block 23 and thought fans support was A1.

Onwards Urrrrrrrrrrs
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 11:07 - Sep 15 with 1914 viewsSonofpugwash

Cherries reacted like it was a cup game punching the air at the end,they knew they'd been lucky.
Not at all disappointed,shows we're on the right track.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 11:15 - Sep 15 with 1892 viewsCiderwithRsie

Don't always agree with Gazza but I'm completely with the OP here.

It doesn't mean we're poor or that Bournemouth are better, just that on the night we got some things wrong which another time we'll get right. The margins are small, we lost by one goal, away from home, to a team who went top as a result. This stuff happens, let's see where both clubs are at the end of the season.

What matters is whether we learn and improve. We should: we have a good coach, plus the squad should improve over the next month or two as Amos, Wallace and Field become available. McCallum and Odubajo are slight weak links defensively but you can see the potential and apart from Gray they are the newest players with least instinctive understanding of their team-mates; they should get better. Gray looks a very useful addition. But it needs work on things we can change, not blaming it on things we can't (e.g. the ref, their keeper,) nor assuming players who have looked decent so far can't improve.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 11:30 - Sep 15 with 1818 viewsgazza1

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 10:40 - Sep 15 by ParkRoyalR

If I'll agree Chair was OK'ish

.....for not hitting the target with two shots from 20 yards plum centre of goal....
.....failing to spot an obvious and easy pass in build up to our 1st goal...
.....for having to be prompted by Willock to receive a simple pass that got him in behind
.....for putting a corner in the last 5 out on the full....
.....for looking over at Adomah and thinking how does he play those first time crosses, just think how many Dykes, Austin and Cray would score if I could just do that (ok, made that one up)....

I think we can agree Dykes was OK'ish.

I cannot do that, sorry. Dire/poor/not good is about the best I can muster up.

Chair, as I say was OKish....but at least got on the ball and tried things, first half shot could have been better but the same goes for Willock.
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 11:57 - Sep 15 with 1730 viewsNorthantsHoop

Enjoyed my 1st away game of the season. Thought other than their 1st goal which was a poor error, we held up pretty well against an expensive, fancied side. You can't give away 2 goals to Bournemouth but we came out strong 2nd half and could easily have equalised in last 25 mins or so. Feel more positive than down about this result we will be in the promotion mix this season.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 11:59]
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 12:01 - Sep 15 with 1705 viewsParkRoyalR

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 11:30 - Sep 15 by gazza1

I cannot do that, sorry. Dire/poor/not good is about the best I can muster up.

Chair, as I say was OKish....but at least got on the ball and tried things, first half shot could have been better but the same goes for Willock.

Yep, we're agreeing again, Chair got on the ball and tried things............

Head-down, 1-touch, 2-touch, 3-touch, Bournemouth defence set, our forwards have to check their runs to get back onside as no early delivery........think young Ilias slowed our attacks down more than Stroud last night (joke!)

But accept Chair is not dire / poor / not good (despite poor stats) as just needs to work on playing with his head-up and making 1st time passes as we are a weaker team without him (as we are without Dykes) as Chair makes the ball stick and allows up to play possession football high up the pitch, rather than in front of our penalty area!
WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 12:53 - Sep 15 with 1564 viewsPlanetHonneywood

WE GOT BEAT - GET OVER IT on 09:08 - Sep 15 by ozexile

Which of course, is now clearly a relegation six-pointer, given our worrying slide down the table since taking the lead at Reading!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024