Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A few thoughts on last night 11:08 - Sep 15 with 4197 viewsMyke

So I had the game taped because I was at the Rovers game (we won!) and didn't want to comment until I had watched it myself.
1 I suppose the significance of Dickie's error was not so much the concession of a soft goal, but rather it completely changed the dynamic of the game. We were completely on top for the first 10 and their first goal stopped us in our tracks
2 We have a problem at right (wing) back. Not going to bang on about Kane, but not sure either Moses (anymore) or Kakay are good enough
3 We simply can't keep giving teams two goal leads and expect to get something from the game. Yes we easily COULD have got something from the game, but the law of averages said it was simply not going to keep happening
4When Warburton gets the subs right, he is rightly lauded. Last night I thought the removal of Dykes and at the same time putting on Adomah was wrong. Dykes got no service, bar one headed effort. Yet the ball was constantly being pumped in to Gray - not his strength.
5 The ref overall was okay, But Zamoura and Willock should both have seen red though. He also (but this is not just peculiar to him) did nothing about Bournemouth time-wasting. However, he is not the reason we lost
6 We can't expect Adomah to be our saviour every time he comes on. On Saturday he was excellent, last night mediocre.
7 We were never going to go unbeaten all season. We lost, but played very well in parts, when we get Wallace/Amos/Field back we will be even stronger
A few thoughts on last night on 12:28 - Sep 15 with 3453 views00calben

Hard to disagree with any of that.

Really brilliant start to the season, and last night was another great game to watch. But point 4 especially needs addressing. Clive mentioned in the preview about missing Field - we've somehow got to find a way of being a little bit tighter in terms of conceding goals, whilst not losing nay of our attacking threat.
Easier said than done mind!
A few thoughts on last night on 12:36 - Sep 15 with 3426 viewsRBlock

Agree re: bringing off Dykes just as Adomah came on. I was really frustrated with that - Dykes gets no service but comes off as we bring on our best crosser of the ball (bar maybe Wallace).
A few thoughts on last night on 13:58 - Sep 15 with 3176 viewsstevec

Three goals in first half’s, one an OG, one a stonking 30 yarder from a CB, suggests we don’t really know how to take the game to teams.

Tactically, we almost need the opposition to go ahead.

Guess that’s what the xG stuff was telling us.
A few thoughts on last night on 14:01 - Sep 15 with 3162 viewsTheChef

A few thoughts on last night on 12:36 - Sep 15 by RBlock

Agree re: bringing off Dykes just as Adomah came on. I was really frustrated with that - Dykes gets no service but comes off as we bring on our best crosser of the ball (bar maybe Wallace).

Likewise - bring on Adomah and let Dykes have another 10-15 minutes to see what happens.

I think the players are still getting used to Gray and how best to judge his runs and deliver the right ball, having said that I'd forgotten about the great chance he had at the end which the keeper saved.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

A few thoughts on last night on 15:43 - Sep 15 with 2955 viewsMole_Senior

A few thoughts on last night on 14:01 - Sep 15 by TheChef

Likewise - bring on Adomah and let Dykes have another 10-15 minutes to see what happens.

I think the players are still getting used to Gray and how best to judge his runs and deliver the right ball, having said that I'd forgotten about the great chance he had at the end which the keeper saved.

This happened as well Saturday gone vs. Reading. Austin hauled off just as Uncle came on. We all know Austin and Dykes thrive on crosses into the box, so that sub is a strange one for me!
A few thoughts on last night on 19:28 - Sep 15 with 2806 viewsLazyFan

Over the top here on Kakay.

He was not given any great protection by Ball and was often two against one, whereby their two were both amazingly fast and skilful.

Kakay has not even played 50 games for QPR at this level yet. He still has a long way to go. Kane would have got skinned way more, remember Kane is slower than Kakay.

What I noticed was this, we dominated for 10 mins and then Barbet moved up onto the LWB, with McCallum pushing up to LW. At this point, Dickie and de Wijs could only pass between themselves. Bournemouth sensed this and stepped up and pressed us. And we saw the result.

In the second half Barbet dropped back into the back 3 and Dickie, de Wijs and Barbet always had an outlet for each other.

Many times it went like this.
It would be rolled to Barbet to de Wijs to Dickie, Dickie would play it to Kakay/Uncs, who would pass it back to Dickie to de Wijs and then down the LWB to Barbet (who had moved up by then).

At this point, Barbs could either do a diag or down the line to Chair or McCallum. It then goes across the middle to Jojo/Ball who play to Dickie/Uncs and from here we get the crosses in.

That only worked when Barbs dropped back into the back 3 in the 2nd half so, Dickie and de Wijs always had an outlet. In the first half, we started off this way and then it stopped happening and it went back to Seny who booted it up and we lost it again.

For me, it was a tactical error that cost us.

zzzzzzzzzz

A few thoughts on last night on 19:41 - Sep 15 with 2758 viewsSonofpugwash

Yes,I wish we wouldn't keep passing ever backwards to Dieng who hoofs it upfield onto a grateful defender's chest/head.That's Crystal Palace tactics of the 1980's and sadly the current England side.
F*cking about with the ball at the back is getting rumbled and we'll get our pockets picked far more often.Shades of Gentleman Jim Magilton.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 19:44]

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

A few thoughts on last night on 21:02 - Sep 15 with 2654 viewsenfieldargh

AFC had 100milion worth of talent plus those 2 young lads.

We have nothing to fear from any team. We matched them just need to iron out errors and be ruthless in front of goal(WARBS quote)

Do feel wing backs still the weak link although Wallace took time to shine, sure Moses will do in time

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

A few thoughts on last night on 21:18 - Sep 15 with 2623 viewsBoston

A few thoughts on last night on 21:02 - Sep 15 by enfieldargh

AFC had 100milion worth of talent plus those 2 young lads.

We have nothing to fear from any team. We matched them just need to iron out errors and be ruthless in front of goal(WARBS quote)

Do feel wing backs still the weak link although Wallace took time to shine, sure Moses will do in time

Would that shining for Moses be a burning bush?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

A few thoughts on last night on 22:41 - Sep 15 with 2517 viewsHooping_Mad

I feel for Kakay, he seems to be a confidence player, he looked broken when subbed he knew he'd had a bad game. not to blame in any way for the first I see Dickie bloody asked for the ball on replay ! Kakay also seems more settled with Adomah around for some weird reason.

I was surprised not see drastic changes at half time, after 45 mins of it not working I didn't think re-explaining plan A for a second time was going to work again.

Clive is bang on about the urgency thing, but how do you teach it? I remember some of my favourite England players like Shilton and Merson playing like their house was riding on the outcome of the game. Oh how times change.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

A few thoughts on last night on 07:58 - Sep 16 with 2373 viewsenfieldargh

A few thoughts on last night on 21:18 - Sep 15 by Boston

Would that shining for Moses be a burning bush?

oh I do miss a burning bush

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

A few thoughts on last night on 08:52 - Sep 16 with 2318 viewsBazzeR

A few thoughts on last night on 22:41 - Sep 15 by Hooping_Mad

I feel for Kakay, he seems to be a confidence player, he looked broken when subbed he knew he'd had a bad game. not to blame in any way for the first I see Dickie bloody asked for the ball on replay ! Kakay also seems more settled with Adomah around for some weird reason.

I was surprised not see drastic changes at half time, after 45 mins of it not working I didn't think re-explaining plan A for a second time was going to work again.

Clive is bang on about the urgency thing, but how do you teach it? I remember some of my favourite England players like Shilton and Merson playing like their house was riding on the outcome of the game. Oh how times change.

Agree…I noticed that Kakay and Adomah have a good understanding and interplay when played together in previous games.

Kakay needs somebody ahead of him otherwise he’s currently being hung out to dry.

Playing both Moses and Kakay could be a solution.
A few thoughts on last night on 09:13 - Sep 16 with 2280 viewsNorthantsHoop

From where I sat at the Bournemouth game thought Kakay was left unused on the right in the first half. We persist with going left all the time, whereas if play was shifted right quickly out of defence and midfield, we would have opened up Bournemouth as Kakay was by himself most of the time. I like Kakay he is a real trier, but think he is better suited as a right back rather than wing back. For me Adomah needs to start in that right wing back role, give him at least 60 mins and if not effective or we are in lead and he is tiring slot in Moses or Kakay to shore up defence. But maybe Warburton is getting it right by using Adomah as a last 3rd of a game impact player.
A few thoughts on last night on 09:56 - Sep 16 with 2229 viewsswisscottage

I feel for Kakay at the moment. it seems to me that when Kakay plays he gets left hung out to dry completely.

First half Willock and Chair seemed to exclusively work together on the left half of the pitch and we very rarely an outlet for Kakay.

Because most of our play centred on trying to get the ball to those two, this naturally drags Ball and Johansen across, so when the ball does go to Kakay he really has no option and no protection.

When Adomah comes on there's a very clear message to involve him, and so the play then balances out to the right hand side.
A few thoughts on last night on 14:44 - Sep 16 with 2138 viewsNorthernr

Kakay had a poor game the other night for sure. Not sure if the TV cameras caught it but when he was subbed he went and sat down and put his head in his hands for a long time which was tough to watch.

Definitely a hard position to play in our team, with the attack and the numbers lopsided to the left, you get very exposed there, and when they've got somebody as good as Brooks or Anthony coming at you it's going to be a long night even for much better players than Osman.
A few thoughts on last night on 14:55 - Sep 16 with 2098 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

A few thoughts on last night on 14:44 - Sep 16 by Northernr

Kakay had a poor game the other night for sure. Not sure if the TV cameras caught it but when he was subbed he went and sat down and put his head in his hands for a long time which was tough to watch.

Definitely a hard position to play in our team, with the attack and the numbers lopsided to the left, you get very exposed there, and when they've got somebody as good as Brooks or Anthony coming at you it's going to be a long night even for much better players than Osman.

Wasn’t Zemura down that side too? Not an easy night!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

A few thoughts on last night on 15:24 - Sep 16 with 2062 viewsParkRoyalR

A few thoughts on last night on 14:44 - Sep 16 by Northernr

That's hard to hear as Ossie is a top lad and always gives 100%, as with match-winning tackle to set-up the 3 points at Boro.

Do think Warbs needs to work on his pairings as Ossie needs an out-ball (Adomah) more than say Moses, likewise Dykes and Austin should work better off the service of Adomah whereas Gray probably betting running onto short balls from say Willock and Chair.

Ossie had a tough night against a very good team, as did a few others, but can still hold his head high as performing at a decent level in the Championship, even if finds the top few teams a challenge.
A few thoughts on last night on 16:55 - Sep 16 with 1970 viewsstowmarketrange

I taped the game on Sky too,but it stopped recording at ht,so I missed the best half of the match.B@stards.
A few thoughts on last night on 17:10 - Sep 16 with 1933 viewsDavieQPR

Kakay's problem is his positioning he does not read a game well. The game often passes him by. Might improve with more experience.
A few thoughts on last night on 17:20 - Sep 16 with 1908 viewsParkRoyalR

A few thoughts on last night on 17:10 - Sep 16 by DavieQPR

Kakay's problem is his positioning he does not read a game well. The game often passes him by. Might improve with more experience.

Yes, similar to Furlong in early part of his career, just needs to steady up and hold his position more. Furlong was prone to stepping forward and getting caught out, Ossie seems to do likewise, hopefully comes with more games and experience as it did for Furlong.
A few thoughts on last night on 17:23 - Sep 16 with 1904 viewsLanhoop

What worried me was that Ozzie appeared to have the "Todd Kane jogging slowly back" disease and Albert appeared to be busting a gut to get there when needed.
A few thoughts on last night on 19:43 - Sep 16 with 1830 viewskensalriser

I thought on several occasions Kakay either didn't have the confidence to get forward with the ball or there wasn't enough movement to give him options so he ended up turning back and our momentum was gone. That needs working on, we can't be totally reliant on attacking through the left.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

A few thoughts on last night on 19:48 - Sep 16 with 1821 viewsdaveB

I don't think there is much more to it than Kakay had a poor game and was up against better players than him. It's not a disaster, he'll comeback and have better games for us this season
A few thoughts on last night on 22:38 - Sep 16 with 1645 viewskensalriser

Not limited to that game, Dave, it's a regular feature of his game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

A few thoughts on last night on 23:04 - Sep 16 with 1606 viewsdaveB

A few thoughts on last night on 22:38 - Sep 16 by kensalriser

Not limited to that game, Dave, it's a regular feature of his game.

I thought he was excellent when he came on against Middlesbrough and did well against Barnsley as well in the second half. I don't think he's good enough to be first choice yet and personally think he's better as a centre half in a 3, but he's a more than adequate back up for when Moses is unavailable.

The other night he just had a poor game, i didn't think he did much right but that happens we've seen he can play a lot better than that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024