Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 15:09 - Sep 15 with 1327 viewsdaveB

Despite the result a marvelous away day in the sunshine.
My sister lives down in Bournemouth (right next to the ground until recently) so we know the area well and had a nice few drinks in a beer garden all afternoon.

Quite bizarre trying to get into the ground with metal scanners, long queues and several security checks, not sure what they were expecting. We got to the ground about 720 and only just made kick off

Team started really well dominating the game but that daft Dickie mistake changed the game in their favour, personally though Deing should have come out and made it more difficult for Anthony.

Second goal was really poor defending. Kakay had been dragged out of position and was in midfield so the defence were all shifting over to cover and that opened up as space. You could see the goal coming

That said Bournemouth were quite impressive at times, good when pressing and some real pace and power in the team as well as being a nasty team to play against. They should have scored at least 2 more before we got one back

Not sure if it came across on tv but first half a ball boy refused to throw the ball back to one of our players, not sure if they were doing a Warnock (it was quite early in the game so seemed odd) or if the bloke just couldn’t be arsed but to the stewards credit they moved him away to a different part of the pitch.

One thing I’ve noticed all season in the first half is despite controlling games and getting in good positions we create nothing so the lone striker tends to get a lot of stick, Dykes turn last night feeding off scraps and getting criticised similar to Austin in recent games..

We are also still a very nice team allowing them to run with the ball at us with no tackle whilst they were very quick to make foul and stop momentum. Bournemouth were a noticeably better side than anyone we’ve played so far, that step up was a bit too much for some of our players. I thought Kakay and Ball in particular really struggled at times.

The atmosphere even at 2-0 was still really good although I thought some fans got a bit too obsessed with Gary Cahill second half.

We seemed to make a few small tactical changes second half with Johansson playing deeper and that worked well, he was able to get the ball off the back 3 and get us forward a lot quicker. Adomah coming on gave us a good threat going forward, was a shame Austin was unavailable, think he’d have been a good option off the bench

I thought we played some really good stuff in the last half an hour, really unlucky not to equalise, if that bloody Smurf has actually added on injury time for the time wasting we might have got level, even at the end as Ball was about to put a cross in he blew up, couldn’t bloody wait. I can’t stand Stroud, he was crap all game in fairness to both sides rather than being biased just incompetent.

At the end the fans gave the team a great ovation, I think the general feeling was of pride for how hard they fought for the club last night, we can improve and I do feel a bit more confident about our chances after last night despite the defeat. Bournemouth looked a good side especially the left back going forward.

Bit of a daft incident at the end when a kid ran on the pitch to get Alberts shirt, stewards made a gap to let him get back to his Dad and a female steward grabbed him and started dragging him away, was really over the top and caused QPR fans to grab the kid and pull him away from her causing almighty rows and anger between the police & stewards. Have to say the police did well to move her away from the situation and try and calm people down but was really piss poor and unnecessary,

We ended up heading back to the hotel for a few drinks before finding the bar shut at 10, made our way to a different hotel where after ordering a few at last orders they ended up hoovering around our table with some no so subtle hints we should leave. Upon arriving back at our hotel the bloody doors were locked but luckily a few people were drinking cans in the bar and let us in. There was probably a button to press to let us in but was too pissed to find it.

The morning/afternoon after I'm feeling quite positive about the team, lots we can and have to improve on but there is so much to like about this team

Just Back on 15:13 - Sep 15 with 1298 viewssimmo

Forgot about the security until you mentioned it but thought it was really OTT... Only one turnstile open and a round of metal detection followed by a search - what were they expecting??

Seems odd that there's a national crisis of stewards and staff but Bournemouth have the capacity to try and stop the next big south coast terror attack... That and the stupidity of the steward at the end doesn't reflect very well on them

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Just Back on 15:43 - Sep 15 with 1153 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Dave - good insight.
Just Back on 15:45 - Sep 15 with 1140 viewsPinnerPaul

Just Back on 15:13 - Sep 15 by simmo

Forgot about the security until you mentioned it but thought it was really OTT... Only one turnstile open and a round of metal detection followed by a search - what were they expecting??

Seems odd that there's a national crisis of stewards and staff but Bournemouth have the capacity to try and stop the next big south coast terror attack... That and the stupidity of the steward at the end doesn't reflect very well on them

TBF, they probably have the same issues as most in getting hold of good quality stewards - or enough stewards in many cases.
Just Back on 15:56 - Sep 15 with 1081 viewsozranger

Just Back on 15:13 - Sep 15 by simmo

I thought there were two stewards involved - the woman in the initial incident and a bloke who came to her defence and was getting it rightly afterwards. Another guy, obviously of a lot more importance and in a suit told the woman to get away from there and eventually did the same with the bloke. He, to me, seemed the only one who had any idea of how to handle somewhat hostile crowds.

As to the entry/exit through one door, that was a bit stupid and I rather think somewhat illegal when it comes to safety. I would assume if there was an incident, fans could escape through the exit off to our left, where they took the fan who raced on to the pitch earlier. Why we could not exit through there at the end of the game I could not understand.
Just Back on 16:44 - Sep 15 with 913 viewsdaveB

Just Back on 15:56 - Sep 15 by ozranger

I thought there were two stewards involved - the woman in the initial incident and a bloke who came to her defence and was getting it rightly afterwards. Another guy, obviously of a lot more importance and in a suit told the woman to get away from there and eventually did the same with the bloke. He, to me, seemed the only one who had any idea of how to handle somewhat hostile crowds.

As to the entry/exit through one door, that was a bit stupid and I rather think somewhat illegal when it comes to safety. I would assume if there was an incident, fans could escape through the exit off to our left, where they took the fan who raced on to the pitch earlier. Why we could not exit through there at the end of the game I could not understand.

I think the second one was trying to stop fans from getting to her, one QPR fan shoved her which was when he came in and moved her away
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024