Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch runners 00:39 - Sep 22 with 10937 viewspaulhoop2

Well done idiots lovely fine coming our way maybe the club should split it with those that broke the law tonight

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Pitch runners on 00:45 - Sep 22 with 4020 viewsGloryHunter

There were quite a few Rs supporters around me who I'd never seen before. I guess a cup game against a Prem club draws them out from under their rocks. I'm guessing the pitch invaders might be of that ilk as well. If they were regulars they'd have more concern for the club.
Pitch runners on 00:48 - Sep 22 with 4003 viewsstowmarketrange

Especially the idiot who came on as we were supposedly going to take the winning kick,before they made Everton retake theirs.
Pitch runners on 00:49 - Sep 22 with 4002 viewsBoston

Pitch runners on 00:45 - Sep 22 by GloryHunter

There were quite a few Rs supporters around me who I'd never seen before. I guess a cup game against a Prem club draws them out from under their rocks. I'm guessing the pitch invaders might be of that ilk as well. If they were regulars they'd have more concern for the club.

12,888, of which 2,837 were Everton fans...I'd be more concerned about those who didn't show up.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pitch runners on 01:07 - Sep 22 with 3955 viewsNed_Kennedys

Not sure which one looked like the biggest twt: the moron who decided the best time for a pitch invasion was just before what looked like it was going to be our penalty to win the game, the big fat buffoon in shorts who ran around so much we were expecting him to keel over or the short cockwomble in shorts who pranced about holding his mobile in front of him as he filmed himself acting like an epic loser.
Embarrassing all around.
Pitch runners on 01:12 - Sep 22 with 3943 viewskensalriser

Pitch invasion for getting through to the fourth round of the League Cup against a team who never win anything is so utterly small time.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Pitch runners on 01:24 - Sep 22 with 3905 viewsBoston

Pitch runners on 01:12 - Sep 22 by kensalriser

Pitch invasion for getting through to the fourth round of the League Cup against a team who never win anything is so utterly small time.

Well, counting the invasion on one hand doesn't really conjure up the Mongol Horde.

Pitch runners on 01:42 - Sep 22 with 3865 viewskensalriser

Pitch runners on 01:24 - Sep 22 by Boston

Well, counting the invasion on one hand doesn't really conjure up the Mongol Horde.

Granted, but it does sound a little snappier than illegally entering the field of play.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Pitch runners on 02:17 - Sep 22 with 3813 viewsBoston

Pitch runners on 01:42 - Sep 22 by kensalriser

Granted, but it does sound a little snappier than illegally entering the field of play.

Yeah, is it only me, but there seems to be something terribly wrong about British people wearing shorts after the age of eleven?

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch runners on 03:22 - Sep 22 with 3731 viewsnix

Don't know why you've been downvoted. Completely agree. I always feel a bit sorry for clubs when this happens as it's almost impossible to stop someone getting on the pitch of they're determined to do so. Should we boo them? Or would they enjoy the panto aspect of the attention?
Pitch runners on 05:55 - Sep 22 with 3627 viewsSuperhoops2808

Pitch runners on 03:22 - Sep 22 by nix

Don't know why you've been downvoted. Completely agree. I always feel a bit sorry for clubs when this happens as it's almost impossible to stop someone getting on the pitch of they're determined to do so. Should we boo them? Or would they enjoy the panto aspect of the attention?

Something wrong, because I went to upvote and its down-voted me too
Pitch runners on 07:38 - Sep 22 with 3383 viewsRangersw12

Pitch runners on 00:49 - Sep 22 by Boston

12,888, of which 2,837 were Everton fans...I'd be more concerned about those who didn't show up.

25 quid (non St) was way too expensive

Atmosphere was fantastic from the ones who did show up though
Pitch runners on 07:59 - Sep 22 with 3280 viewsdaveB

couple of kids enjoying themselves, lighten up
Pitch runners on 08:07 - Sep 22 with 3259 viewsnix

Pitch runners on 07:38 - Sep 22 by Rangersw12

25 quid (non St) was way too expensive

Atmosphere was fantastic from the ones who did show up though

I don't know. Seems pretty good value, maybe twice the cost of a cinema ticket, to watch what is practically our first team play against a Premier side, and then win on penalties.

It's a great boost to revenues, maybe a quarter of Charlie's wages for the year.

I wish I could have been there but meeting friend who's over from abroad. But if I had gone, I'd have thought that was well worth the entrance fee. I paid double that for my pork belly, cocktail and wine and chocolate moosse and wine combo.
Pitch runners on 08:15 - Sep 22 with 3240 viewslondonscottish

Pitch runners on 08:07 - Sep 22 by nix

I don't know. Seems pretty good value, maybe twice the cost of a cinema ticket, to watch what is practically our first team play against a Premier side, and then win on penalties.

It's a great boost to revenues, maybe a quarter of Charlie's wages for the year.

I wish I could have been there but meeting friend who's over from abroad. But if I had gone, I'd have thought that was well worth the entrance fee. I paid double that for my pork belly, cocktail and wine and chocolate moosse and wine combo.

Amazing night, brilliant atmosphere, epic ending. Will be remembered for a long time.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Pitch runners on 08:30 - Sep 22 with 3192 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I guess I'm old-fashioned but I don't have a problem with pitch invasions, particularly following a famous cup victory. Weren't they de rigueur in the 70s and 80s? I miss West Indian fans running on at The Oval.

Yes, I get that there are terror threats these days but I certainly went on the pitch after the play-off semi and would again if it happened this season. I think plenty more would too. Is a club automatically fined then? Seems a bit strange, particularly as it is nigh impossible to stop someone running on without fences.
Pitch runners on 08:46 - Sep 22 with 3103 viewsE17hoop

Pitch runners on 07:59 - Sep 22 by daveB

It seemed there were about a dozen so how many is too many?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Pitch runners on 08:49 - Sep 22 with 3084 viewsfrancisbowles

Pitch runners on 08:30 - Sep 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

I guess I'm old-fashioned but I don't have a problem with pitch invasions, particularly following a famous cup victory. Weren't they de rigueur in the 70s and 80s? I miss West Indian fans running on at The Oval.

Yes, I get that there are terror threats these days but I certainly went on the pitch after the play-off semi and would again if it happened this season. I think plenty more would too. Is a club automatically fined then? Seems a bit strange, particularly as it is nigh impossible to stop someone running on without fences.

We are always talking about how it isn't 1976 and how the game is different today. It was the custom to run onto the pitch at the end of a season at probably every club.

Well some need to wake up from that dream because it's 2021 and pitch invading is no longer acceptable!
Pitch runners on 08:52 - Sep 22 with 3065 viewsloftboy

Pitch runners on 02:17 - Sep 22 by Boston

Yeah, is it only me, but there seems to be something terribly wrong about British people wearing shorts after the age of eleven?

Oi I’m always in shorts, even wear them for work.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Pitch runners on 08:54 - Sep 22 with 3045 viewsGroveR

Maybe the FA will fine Everton for failing to control their players.
Pitch runners on 08:57 - Sep 22 with 3023 viewsslmrstid

I'd loved to have been there in my ST seat last night but am starting a new job next week so there wasn't a cat in hell's chance I was going to be able to get off from work early to travel to London. Will be the same for Birmingham next week

Was gutted I couldn't go last night, more so today!
Pitch runners on 09:00 - Sep 22 with 3000 viewsTW_R

Pitch runners on 07:59 - Sep 22 by daveB

You appear to have got the words "kids" and "c*nts" mixed up there Dave.
Pitch runners on 09:01 - Sep 22 with 2993 viewstoboboly

Pitch runners on 08:15 - Sep 22 by londonscottish

Amazing night, brilliant atmosphere, epic ending. Will be remembered for a long time.

It was an exceptionally good mousse

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Pitch runners on 09:02 - Sep 22 with 2983 viewsgobbles

Pitch runners on 01:12 - Sep 22 by kensalriser

Why are people so obsessed with us being "big time"? Like the people who were embarrassed by Adomah's reaction at Orient? Who wants to be big time? Just enjoy it.
Pitch runners on 09:03 - Sep 22 with 2976 viewsgazza1

Pitch runners on 09:00 - Sep 22 by TW_R

You appear to have got the words "kids" and "c*nts" mixed up there Dave.

Wow....we agree
Pitch runners on 09:28 - Sep 22 with 2818 viewsstainrods_elbow

Pitch runners on 08:30 - Sep 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

I feel the same way. Can anyone remember anyone being killed or even significantly injured from a pitch invasion? If it's an army of Millwall fans tearing up seats at Kenilworth Road and advancing like Oliver's Army on the home fans that's one thing, but a handful of over-exuberant arrivistes spilling onto the grass in a high-octane cup game is obviously something else. Making it a criminal offence is just a barmy case of the law overreaching itself into football and symptomatic of the contemporary loss of all nuance and difference in regard to such things. Football is theatre, and, as it might have been Baudrillard who argued, essentially this kind of thing is its protagonists trying to take a bit of the stage. There should be some checks and controls to preserve a sensible degree of sanity and safety, sure, but these kind of new moralist fans who want to see football pitches as legally patrolled zones of state control don't understand the historical spirit of the game and need to take a chill pill - if not a bottle of them.

Fans on trees, sitting on the roofs of stands, and piling ecstatically onto the field after famous cup victories may not have been ripped from the pages from a health and safety handbook, but are part and parcel of the folklore of the game - before the politicians, courts, stewards and pen-pushers got hold of it and did their best to squeeze the joy out of it where they could. I feel the same way as the stupidity of players getting booked for celebrating with the fans who play their wages. Are the same joyless suspects whining about a bit of harmless high jinks at HQ also going to finger-waggingly deny that, in exactly the opposite direction, Cantona taking a Kung-fu kick or two at that Palace arse wasn't one of the most marvellous spectacles in a football ground?

Here's the glorious day of Hereford's historic cup win over Newcastle to warm anyone who's got a footballing soul, which also kind of puts events at HQ in context:

[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 9:30]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024