Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch runners 00:39 - Sep 22 with 10987 viewspaulhoop2

Well done idiots lovely fine coming our way maybe the club should split it with those that broke the law tonight

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Pitch runners on 10:00 - Sep 22 with 1809 viewsStanisgod

Pitch runners on 07:38 - Sep 22 by Rangersw12

25 quid (non St) was way too expensive

Atmosphere was fantastic from the ones who did show up though

Exactly, my boy could only afford either Brum or this, would have come if it was 15 quid.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Pitch runners on 10:43 - Sep 22 with 1715 viewsboysfromthebush

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

We've just beaten a Premier League team in the cup and this is your post?

Lighten up ffs
Pitch runners on 10:45 - Sep 22 with 1699 viewsboysfromthebush

Pitch runners on 02:17 - Sep 22 by Boston

Yeah, is it only me, but there seems to be something terribly wrong about British people wearing shorts after the age of eleven?

Jesus Christ. Replace 'British' with any other nationality and you'd be hammered for that comment.

One rule for one..
Pitch runners on 10:56 - Sep 22 with 1665 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It was all very light-hearted, let's be honest. One of the fans was half-tackled by a steward, fell over, got to his feet and the steward seemed to hand him his phone. And they shook hands!

I know that the problem could be that if pitch invasions start again some of them will be violent, but let's call last night's one for what it was - silly, but certainly not violent.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pitch runners on 10:58 - Sep 22 with 1659 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pitch runners on 10:45 - Sep 22 by boysfromthebush

Jesus Christ. Replace 'British' with any other nationality and you'd be hammered for that comment.

One rule for one..

Boston is a British poster making a joke about British adults wearing shorts. No more than that.

Pitch runners on 11:16 - Sep 22 with 1618 viewspaulhoop2

Pitch runners on 10:58 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Boston is a British poster making a joke about British adults wearing shorts. No more than that.

All I was pointing out was the ramifications for the club which vast majority of idiots don’t understand. Also players are in a strict covid bubble if a player was to catch something then be out of action for a few weeks that would seriously bugger up our teams chances of success.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Pitch runners on 11:22 - Sep 22 with 1602 viewsboysfromthebush

Pitch runners on 11:16 - Sep 22 by paulhoop2

All I was pointing out was the ramifications for the club which vast majority of idiots don’t understand. Also players are in a strict covid bubble if a player was to catch something then be out of action for a few weeks that would seriously bugger up our teams chances of success.

Well that's a lie, they're not in a strict covid bubble. They mingle with people in shops, restaurants, their families.
Pitch runners on 11:26 - Sep 22 with 1586 viewsboysfromthebush

Pitch runners on 10:58 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

If a poster was to make an Irish joke, but you were unaware they were Irish, would you feel the same?

90/10 no, I think. The self appointed forum police such as yourself would be all over it and snarling.
Login to get fewer ads

Pitch runners on 11:41 - Sep 22 with 1550 viewsnix

Pitch runners on 09:01 - Sep 22 by toboboly

It was an exceptionally good mousse

Lol.

It was called cremeux, which probably doubles the cost. Still think a CA brace and a penalty shoot out is a bargain in comparison. One creamy mousse cost the equivalent of 2.5 of our goals, if we include pens.
Pitch runners on 12:39 - Sep 22 with 1463 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pitch runners on 11:26 - Sep 22 by boysfromthebush

If a poster was to make an Irish joke, but you were unaware they were Irish, would you feel the same?

90/10 no, I think. The self appointed forum police such as yourself would be all over it and snarling.

I was just happy to point out to you that Boston is British, that's all. I'm British and Irish, by the way - I have Dual Nationality and was born in England.

As for your second comment, I'm not biting on that. I'm far too happy!

Pitch runners on 12:40 - Sep 22 with 1462 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pitch runners on 11:16 - Sep 22 by paulhoop2

Very fair points. True.

Pitch runners on 13:04 - Sep 22 with 1401 viewsTW_R

Pitch runners on 09:03 - Sep 22 by gazza1

Wow....we agree

Lol - miracles do happen Gazza.

I'm sure we both agree that it was a great night too!
Pitch runners on 13:14 - Sep 22 with 1378 viewsTW_R

Pitch runners on 09:28 - Sep 22 by stainrods_elbow

I feel the same way. Can anyone remember anyone being killed or even significantly injured from a pitch invasion? If it's an army of Millwall fans tearing up seats at Kenilworth Road and advancing like Oliver's Army on the home fans that's one thing, but a handful of over-exuberant arrivistes spilling onto the grass in a high-octane cup game is obviously something else. Making it a criminal offence is just a barmy case of the law overreaching itself into football and symptomatic of the contemporary loss of all nuance and difference in regard to such things. Football is theatre, and, as it might have been Baudrillard who argued, essentially this kind of thing is its protagonists trying to take a bit of the stage. There should be some checks and controls to preserve a sensible degree of sanity and safety, sure, but these kind of new moralist fans who want to see football pitches as legally patrolled zones of state control don't understand the historical spirit of the game and need to take a chill pill - if not a bottle of them.

Fans on trees, sitting on the roofs of stands, and piling ecstatically onto the field after famous cup victories may not have been ripped from the pages from a health and safety handbook, but are part and parcel of the folklore of the game - before the politicians, courts, stewards and pen-pushers got hold of it and did their best to squeeze the joy out of it where they could. I feel the same way as the stupidity of players getting booked for celebrating with the fans who play their wages. Are the same joyless suspects whining about a bit of harmless high jinks at HQ also going to finger-waggingly deny that, in exactly the opposite direction, Cantona taking a Kung-fu kick or two at that Palace arse wasn't one of the most marvellous spectacles in a football ground?

Here's the glorious day of Hereford's historic cup win over Newcastle to warm anyone who's got a footballing soul, which also kind of puts events at HQ in context:

[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 9:30]

Jack Grealish got punched in the head by a pitch invader, Monica Seles got stabbed on a tennis court, idiots run on to the pitch and punch refs during Sunday league games. It's a minority that want to cause any harm, but it happens. It's impossible to know the reason for why someone is on the pitch, so they don't want people doing it. Hardly the law over-reaching itself.
Pitch runners on 14:07 - Sep 22 with 1303 viewsstainrods_elbow

Pitch runners on 13:14 - Sep 22 by TW_R

Jack Grealish got punched in the head by a pitch invader, Monica Seles got stabbed on a tennis court, idiots run on to the pitch and punch refs during Sunday league games. It's a minority that want to cause any harm, but it happens. It's impossible to know the reason for why someone is on the pitch, so they don't want people doing it. Hardly the law over-reaching itself.

And such miscreants can and will be dealt with by the courts, as they would if they did so anywhere else. By your logic, however, none of us would be allowed to buy/use knives because of knife crime, go on dates because of sexual assault, or do anything because of someone. Would you favour retrospective punishment for those Herefordians gloriously invading their own turf? There's a kind of insecure incivility in too much safety. At the very least, it's all about context, as was pointed out recently re a steward's heavy-handed treatment of a kid who came on in a recent game to get Adomah's shirt.

I'd say, if anything, that, in the other direction (i.e players invading the stands), players diving into crowds on pain of coloured cards actually attests to a kind of compensatory movement, whereby their expression of their own need for a greater physical intimacy with fans is manifested. It's a kind of sporting/sociocultural rebalancing protest of sorts, if you will, i.e. saying the law(s) matter less than our letting our humanness run over. (Or, if you like, Cantona's 'excessive' retributive violence on that Palace toe-rag was a form of inverted love, as was Eric Dier's stomping across the stand to confront that fan.) Personally, I love the irrepressible theatre of it. Sadly, we don't even see the odd streaker any more either.

Will I be on the field if we go up this season as I was in 2011? Too bloody right, I will. And, I wager, so will hundreds if not thousands of my fellow Rs. But not you, I guess.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 14:14]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Pitch runners on 14:23 - Sep 22 with 1270 viewsstowmarketrange

Pitch runners on 14:07 - Sep 22 by stainrods_elbow

And such miscreants can and will be dealt with by the courts, as they would if they did so anywhere else. By your logic, however, none of us would be allowed to buy/use knives because of knife crime, go on dates because of sexual assault, or do anything because of someone. Would you favour retrospective punishment for those Herefordians gloriously invading their own turf? There's a kind of insecure incivility in too much safety. At the very least, it's all about context, as was pointed out recently re a steward's heavy-handed treatment of a kid who came on in a recent game to get Adomah's shirt.

I'd say, if anything, that, in the other direction (i.e players invading the stands), players diving into crowds on pain of coloured cards actually attests to a kind of compensatory movement, whereby their expression of their own need for a greater physical intimacy with fans is manifested. It's a kind of sporting/sociocultural rebalancing protest of sorts, if you will, i.e. saying the law(s) matter less than our letting our humanness run over. (Or, if you like, Cantona's 'excessive' retributive violence on that Palace toe-rag was a form of inverted love, as was Eric Dier's stomping across the stand to confront that fan.) Personally, I love the irrepressible theatre of it. Sadly, we don't even see the odd streaker any more either.

Will I be on the field if we go up this season as I was in 2011? Too bloody right, I will. And, I wager, so will hundreds if not thousands of my fellow Rs. But not you, I guess.

As long as you don’t invade the pitch during the trophy presentation lap of honour like a load of w@nkers did from the school end and Ellerslie road in 2011.Us poor sods in the lower loft and paddock waiting for our turn to take photos and applaud the team as they made their way round the pitch got their chances scuppered by selfish idiots who couldn’t control themselves for 5 minutes more.
Pitch runners on 14:36 - Sep 22 with 1253 viewsAntti_Heinola

i very much doubt the club will be fined for a couple of people on the pitch.
Love seeing a good joyful invasion when the occasion arises, but not really sure why people are always so desperate to run about on some grass. I was perfectly happily aroused just being in the stand.

Bare bones.

Pitch runners on 14:46 - Sep 22 with 1215 viewsrobith

not got a huge opinion on it, bit beggy though isn't it
Pitch runners on 14:50 - Sep 22 with 1209 viewsdublinr

Pitch runners on 09:28 - Sep 22 by stainrods_elbow

I feel the same way. Can anyone remember anyone being killed or even significantly injured from a pitch invasion? If it's an army of Millwall fans tearing up seats at Kenilworth Road and advancing like Oliver's Army on the home fans that's one thing, but a handful of over-exuberant arrivistes spilling onto the grass in a high-octane cup game is obviously something else. Making it a criminal offence is just a barmy case of the law overreaching itself into football and symptomatic of the contemporary loss of all nuance and difference in regard to such things. Football is theatre, and, as it might have been Baudrillard who argued, essentially this kind of thing is its protagonists trying to take a bit of the stage. There should be some checks and controls to preserve a sensible degree of sanity and safety, sure, but these kind of new moralist fans who want to see football pitches as legally patrolled zones of state control don't understand the historical spirit of the game and need to take a chill pill - if not a bottle of them.

Fans on trees, sitting on the roofs of stands, and piling ecstatically onto the field after famous cup victories may not have been ripped from the pages from a health and safety handbook, but are part and parcel of the folklore of the game - before the politicians, courts, stewards and pen-pushers got hold of it and did their best to squeeze the joy out of it where they could. I feel the same way as the stupidity of players getting booked for celebrating with the fans who play their wages. Are the same joyless suspects whining about a bit of harmless high jinks at HQ also going to finger-waggingly deny that, in exactly the opposite direction, Cantona taking a Kung-fu kick or two at that Palace arse wasn't one of the most marvellous spectacles in a football ground?

Here's the glorious day of Hereford's historic cup win over Newcastle to warm anyone who's got a footballing soul, which also kind of puts events at HQ in context:

[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 9:30]

Oi. Less of the Baudrillard thank you very much

The forum police don't appreciate light weight french postmodernists.

Pitch runners on 15:08 - Sep 22 with 1166 viewsLythamR

"Can anyone remember anyone being killed or even significantly injured from a pitch invasion?"

No but i do remember those that died at Hillsbrough due to supporters being fenced in as a reaction to pitch invasions

Couple of boisterous kids running on in excitement is no biggie in the great scheme of things but there is a slippery slope that i personally would rather not see us go down again.
Pitch runners on 15:15 - Sep 22 with 1150 viewskensalriser

You cad, McCarthy.

All along I thought you were an officially endorsed good fellow and now I find out you appointed yourself. You should be ashamed.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Pitch runners on 15:17 - Sep 22 with 1138 viewsstainrods_elbow

Pitch runners on 15:08 - Sep 22 by LythamR

"Can anyone remember anyone being killed or even significantly injured from a pitch invasion?"

No but i do remember those that died at Hillsbrough due to supporters being fenced in as a reaction to pitch invasions

Couple of boisterous kids running on in excitement is no biggie in the great scheme of things but there is a slippery slope that i personally would rather not see us go down again.

Yes, and that horrorshow at Hillsborough was the nadir of of exactly what I'm talking a bout - authorities over-reacting dangerously and treating people as animals/idiots etc. on the strength of the actions of a mindless few.

The turf is football's stage, and normally it's better to say off it for the good of all. But, as in the history of esp. avant-garde theatre being inseparable from periodic 'under-distanced' audience invasions thereof, football and on-pitch carousing fans go together like horse and, say, Wembley 1923.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Pitch runners on 15:20 - Sep 22 with 1132 viewsNorthernr

Pitch runners on 14:23 - Sep 22 by stowmarketrange

As long as you don’t invade the pitch during the trophy presentation lap of honour like a load of w@nkers did from the school end and Ellerslie road in 2011.Us poor sods in the lower loft and paddock waiting for our turn to take photos and applaud the team as they made their way round the pitch got their chances scuppered by selfish idiots who couldn’t control themselves for 5 minutes more.

Real shame that one. Trophy ended up spending more time at The School End than the Loft End.
Pitch runners on 15:32 - Sep 22 with 1092 viewsstowmarketrange

Pitch runners on 15:20 - Sep 22 by Northernr

Real shame that one. Trophy ended up spending more time at The School End than the Loft End.

Made even worse by Briatore stopping “We are the champions”in mid song so he could give his speech.
But my daughter and loads of other kids who were patiently waiting for pictures and a close up look at the players celebrating with the trophy had their big day ruined.
Pitch runners on 15:47 - Sep 22 with 1065 viewsjoe90

Pitch runners on 02:17 - Sep 22 by Boston

Yeah, is it only me, but there seems to be something terribly wrong about British people wearing shorts after the age of eleven?

I'm British, over the age of eleven AND enjoy wearing shorts. In fact, I'm wearing a pair of navy blue new-balance running shorts as I type this. They have a tiny slit and cooling vent on either side of the legs for extra movement/breathability AND an inner mesh lining for extra support. The NB logo is also a reflective silver colour which makes me feel very safe when I'm out at night.

Tell me what's terribly wrong about that?
Pitch runners on 15:56 - Sep 22 with 1053 viewsE17hoop

Pitch runners on 14:07 - Sep 22 by stainrods_elbow

So you're happy to accept the accountability of any fine that might be levied at the club for a pitch invasion?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024