Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch runners 00:39 - Sep 22 with 10985 viewspaulhoop2

Well done idiots lovely fine coming our way maybe the club should split it with those that broke the law tonight

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Pitch runners on 12:32 - Sep 23 with 1986 viewsLythamR

Pitch runners on 12:01 - Sep 23 by Boston

Charlie's vid...teletubbies appear at 7.26. The 3/4 running around don't look like teenagers.

what you have there is not excited kids, you cant have that, they run to the school end and large it and youve got potential for major problems, dissapointing.
Pitch runners on 12:56 - Sep 23 with 1899 viewsCamberleyR

Pitch runners on 15:47 - Sep 22 by joe90

I'm British, over the age of eleven AND enjoy wearing shorts. In fact, I'm wearing a pair of navy blue new-balance running shorts as I type this. They have a tiny slit and cooling vent on either side of the legs for extra movement/breathability AND an inner mesh lining for extra support. The NB logo is also a reflective silver colour which makes me feel very safe when I'm out at night.

Tell me what's terribly wrong about that?

"They had an underpant lining but it perished"

[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 13:01]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Pitch runners on 14:18 - Sep 23 with 1830 viewsderbyhoop

Pitch runners on 08:52 - Sep 22 by loftboy

Oi I’m always in shorts, even wear them for work.

Are you an athlete or a referee? I think I know otherwise.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Pitch runners on 15:00 - Sep 23 with 1753 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I wear shorts all year even if it snows.

'Scruffs' the discerning choice for the modern metropolitan worker.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Pitch runners on 15:10 - Sep 23 with 1711 viewsBoston

Pitch runners on 15:00 - Sep 23 by Metallica_Hoop

I wear shorts all year even if it snows.

'Scruffs' the discerning choice for the modern metropolitan worker.

That’s pants mate😉

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pitch runners on 15:11 - Sep 23 with 1712 viewsTacticalR

Pitch runners on 10:58 - Sep 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Boston is a British poster making a joke about British adults wearing shorts. No more than that.

Yes, shortism rather than racism.

Air hostess clique

Pitch runners on 18:20 - Sep 23 with 1557 viewsTW_R

Pitch runners on 19:09 - Sep 22 by TGRRRSSS

Police have time to round up a couple of kids on a pitch but all the while actively enabling people to block the M25.

Some of the fun police comments on here are ridiculous.

If your idea of fun is running onto a football pitch in front of 12,000 people, slip over a couple of times, get dragged off said pitch by stewards, get arrested, prosecuted and potentially banned for 5 years that's up to you, but I can think of a million and one things that are a lot more fun than that.

Hardly kids though, were they.

And here is the club's view of it:-

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/supporter-behaviour-230921/?fbclid=iwar3fnr

Can't be any more clear cut really.
Pitch runners on 18:33 - Sep 23 with 1529 viewsNorthernr

Pitch runners on 18:20 - Sep 23 by TW_R

If your idea of fun is running onto a football pitch in front of 12,000 people, slip over a couple of times, get dragged off said pitch by stewards, get arrested, prosecuted and potentially banned for 5 years that's up to you, but I can think of a million and one things that are a lot more fun than that.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/supporter-behaviour-230921/?fbclid=iwar3fnr

- The club will be fined for this, and if it keeps happening the fines will get bigger. They've spent money this season, showed ambition, signed the players everybody demanded, pushed the boat out, the least we could do is refrain from doing something that's going to damage them financially.

- The club needs a safety certificate to operate. If we cannot show that we can operate the ground within the rules and regs (whatever you may think of those rules and regs) then the road map from there is eventual stand closures or capacity restrictions, which again costs us a lot of money, and makes it sht for us.

- The club is already desperately struggling to get enough stewards to put games on at Loftus Road. Go back and read our Hoos interview. The absolute last thing they need now is some jobsworth telling them the number of stewards they've got is insufficient and they need to find more.

- You don't need to be on the fcking pitch do you?
Login to get fewer ads

Pitch runners on 18:47 - Sep 23 with 1477 viewsmakaveli1882

I wish they was more concerned that my season ticket has only worked 3 out of the 6 home games this season if I'm totally honest and the fact we have no bear or decent staff.

At the Bristol City game my ST didn't work going in to Upper Loft but the lady who let's you through the gate said I will do it on my machine but guess what that didn't work she said it's hardly worked all day and she is beyond caring so just go in so actually felt sorry for her.

Buying a shirt in Club Shop or online forget about it! They should fine themselves as for some idiots running 2 yards on the pitch after beating a Premier league team on pens 8-7 that's the football we all grew up on and loved, people need to get a grip.
Pitch runners on 19:00 - Sep 23 with 1430 viewsNed_Kennedys

Exactly: the people I saw running around like idiots on the pitch were not kids.

A few people have tried to defend their behaviour on here but there are numerous decent reasons for them not to have acted the way they did.
Pitch runners on 19:03 - Sep 23 with 1420 viewsShotKneesHoop

Pitch runners on 18:33 - Sep 23 by Northernr

- The club will be fined for this, and if it keeps happening the fines will get bigger. They've spent money this season, showed ambition, signed the players everybody demanded, pushed the boat out, the least we could do is refrain from doing something that's going to damage them financially.

- The club needs a safety certificate to operate. If we cannot show that we can operate the ground within the rules and regs (whatever you may think of those rules and regs) then the road map from there is eventual stand closures or capacity restrictions, which again costs us a lot of money, and makes it sht for us.

- The club is already desperately struggling to get enough stewards to put games on at Loftus Road. Go back and read our Hoos interview. The absolute last thing they need now is some jobsworth telling them the number of stewards they've got is insufficient and they need to find more.

- You don't need to be on the fcking pitch do you?

Spot on response by the Club - if the club identifies the culprits and has them prosecuted, then there's no reason for the club to face any disciplinary action. Whereas the previous week, the Reading stewards were hopeless and the nutter in the Dennis the Menace gear who got on the pitch after the game last Tuesday should be charged wth inciting this weeks bad behaviour. This might be seen to be a middle class attitudes to football - but 'its right and it's safe and it's proper.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Pitch runners on 19:05 - Sep 23 with 1406 viewsgazza1

Pitch runners on 18:47 - Sep 23 by makaveli1882

I wish they was more concerned that my season ticket has only worked 3 out of the 6 home games this season if I'm totally honest and the fact we have no bear or decent staff.

At the Bristol City game my ST didn't work going in to Upper Loft but the lady who let's you through the gate said I will do it on my machine but guess what that didn't work she said it's hardly worked all day and she is beyond caring so just go in so actually felt sorry for her.

Buying a shirt in Club Shop or online forget about it! They should fine themselves as for some idiots running 2 yards on the pitch after beating a Premier league team on pens 8-7 that's the football we all grew up on and loved, people need to get a grip.

The club need to sort out the problems that you mention but what you cannot have is supporters running on the pitch, whether we had it in the 70s, 80s or 90s, it isn't permitted now and if it continues the club will be dealt with by the authorities and we will all be affected. Those individuals need to behave themselves basically.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 19:06]
Pitch runners on 19:05 - Sep 23 with 1409 viewsWokingR

Too many people here thinking they have a worthwhile and relevant opinion on whether it’s ok or not.
IT IS THE LAW.
Your opinion doesn’t matter
You are admitted into the ground on the condition that you abide by the law and the clubs own rules. If you don’t like it or think you’ll struggle to meet these conditions then by all means, f*ck off, the club doesn’t need you.
Pitch runners on 20:01 - Sep 23 with 1345 viewsdixiedean

Sorry but these idiots are not doing it in a moment of spontaneous euphoria because we beat Everton. They want to act big with their mates and take selfies . Austin waved one idiot away and good for him . If it drops the club in the shit financially or otherwise, why do it ? Several thousand others managed to enjoy the moment without running on the pitch so I don’t see why these muppets can’t comply as well. If that’s being a killjoy, so be it . It’s selfish and it’s childish. If one day a player or official gets badly attacked you’re looking at ground closure, and I doubt anyone would see the funny side of that .
Pitch runners on 20:08 - Sep 23 with 1331 viewsNorthernr

Pitch runners on 20:01 - Sep 23 by dixiedean

Sorry but these idiots are not doing it in a moment of spontaneous euphoria because we beat Everton. They want to act big with their mates and take selfies . Austin waved one idiot away and good for him . If it drops the club in the shit financially or otherwise, why do it ? Several thousand others managed to enjoy the moment without running on the pitch so I don’t see why these muppets can’t comply as well. If that’s being a killjoy, so be it . It’s selfish and it’s childish. If one day a player or official gets badly attacked you’re looking at ground closure, and I doubt anyone would see the funny side of that .

There was a goal scored by the away side at Accrington at the weekend, some knobhead runs on from the away end, loses his footing, slides into three of his own players' shins.
Pitch runners on 20:18 - Sep 23 with 1319 viewsHarbour

Idiots hope the club ban them from attending all games.
Pitch runners on 20:39 - Sep 23 with 1273 viewssaxbend

They can't be regular fans. No-one wants to be banned from supporting their own team. Probably just came for the cup game and not bothered about whether they go to another game any time soon.
Pitch runners on 21:03 - Sep 23 with 1208 viewsdaveB

blimey calls to ban them and suggesting they are not regular fans seems a bit over the top to me.

Of course they shouldn't go on and the club have to come out and say that as they don't want to have this happening again but it really was only a handful of people, looked like blokes in their 20's just getting a bit over excited.

Questions should be asked of the stewarding, this wasn't hundreds storming the pitch it was 3/4 people at first and they really should have been stopped before they got anywhere. Stewards were all lined up across the pitch to stop this and then just watched people run past them. The bloke who ran on during the penalties got to the half way line before any steward reacted.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 21:04]
Pitch runners on 21:14 - Sep 23 with 1163 viewsBlackCrowe

I don't really think the blame is on the stewards Dave, it's on those that acted like tw@ts running around with their phones recording themselves. The stewards can try and clear up the mess on their meagre hourly rate, but it's not on them to control what 13k people do.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Pitch runners on 21:19 - Sep 23 with 1143 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm uneasy about any moves to vilify the 13 and move straight to criminal records and five-year bans. I hope reason will have its day, if it is warranted.

I know and recognise, and stated earlier in the thread, that the danger of peaceful pitch invasions is that they can lead to more pitch invasions, some of which may well be violent. I honestly acknowledge that danger.

I had forgotten that it's against the law to go on the pitch, being honest, but I still hope there's scope within those laws to caution those that were peaceful. A criminal record feels unjust to me, and the law has - above all else - to be just. If any of the 13 provoked the away fans, then that's a different story.

I also hope that the club have some scope to caution these fans, or at least if they feel they have to ban them then to suspend part of that ban.

We're not a violent club, I think our fanbase would take measured punishments as a due warning rather than a carte blanche to invade again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pitch runners on 21:44 - Sep 23 with 1088 viewspaulhoop2

End of the day the club have put the statement out there for all to see as has been said a few times in this thread the club WILL be fined by the FA and possibly face sanctions from the council. Yes it would be lovely if they ignore the idiots that came on but I firmly believe that one day a player or official will get hurt badly if it’s ignored or downplayed. Courts fining heavily and banning for 3 / 5 years is a good deterrent obviously something like a play off final / promotion has to be taken into account when it’s a mass incursion like we saw in 2011 and 2014. I would imagine club will receive sanctions against Lino being hit or whatever it was and bottles being thrown. It’s strange tho as even if away fans play up etc it’s the home club that gets sanctioned as it’s their ground. I think the club are coredt in seeking punishment. To be honest I think clive could write a whole article on this himself!

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Pitch runners on 21:45 - Sep 23 with 1088 viewsDavieQPR

The rule is in place for one reason and that is to protect the players .
Pitch runners on 22:23 - Sep 23 with 1018 viewsBoston

Pitch runners on 21:44 - Sep 23 by paulhoop2

End of the day the club have put the statement out there for all to see as has been said a few times in this thread the club WILL be fined by the FA and possibly face sanctions from the council. Yes it would be lovely if they ignore the idiots that came on but I firmly believe that one day a player or official will get hurt badly if it’s ignored or downplayed. Courts fining heavily and banning for 3 / 5 years is a good deterrent obviously something like a play off final / promotion has to be taken into account when it’s a mass incursion like we saw in 2011 and 2014. I would imagine club will receive sanctions against Lino being hit or whatever it was and bottles being thrown. It’s strange tho as even if away fans play up etc it’s the home club that gets sanctioned as it’s their ground. I think the club are coredt in seeking punishment. To be honest I think clive could write a whole article on this himself!

Why not have the ‘Shepherds Bush 13’ pay the club fine?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pitch runners on 23:29 - Sep 23 with 918 viewsdaveB

Pitch runners on 21:14 - Sep 23 by BlackCrowe

I don't really think the blame is on the stewards Dave, it's on those that acted like tw@ts running around with their phones recording themselves. The stewards can try and clear up the mess on their meagre hourly rate, but it's not on them to control what 13k people do.

I'm not blaming stewards for peoples behavior but they could have done a bit more to stop it, that is part of what they are there for
Pitch runners on 23:37 - Sep 23 with 905 viewsNortholt_Rs

‘Pitch invasion’. Behave!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024