Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch runners 00:39 - Sep 22 with 10981 viewspaulhoop2

Well done idiots lovely fine coming our way maybe the club should split it with those that broke the law tonight

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Pitch runners on 00:24 - Sep 24 with 938 viewsE17hoop

Pitch runners on 23:29 - Sep 23 by daveB

I'm not blaming stewards for peoples behavior but they could have done a bit more to stop it, that is part of what they are there for

No it's not.

Stewards are engaged to keep people safe, not to police the pitch. They are there to remove people from the stands if their behaviour is antisocial, not to stop people being antisocial on the pitch.

If you want to police the pitch because fans be trusted not to go on it, you're going to have to pay the police bill for their presence inside the ground.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Pitch runners on 04:46 - Sep 24 with 843 viewsstowmarketrange

Pitch runners on 20:01 - Sep 23 by dixiedean

Sorry but these idiots are not doing it in a moment of spontaneous euphoria because we beat Everton. They want to act big with their mates and take selfies . Austin waved one idiot away and good for him . If it drops the club in the shit financially or otherwise, why do it ? Several thousand others managed to enjoy the moment without running on the pitch so I don’t see why these muppets can’t comply as well. If that’s being a killjoy, so be it . It’s selfish and it’s childish. If one day a player or official gets badly attacked you’re looking at ground closure, and I doubt anyone would see the funny side of that .

The first muppet who ran on didn’t even wait for the result of the match before doing his party piece.If you can excuse the euphoria of beating a premier league for 12 of them,what was going through that idiots mind?
Pitch runners on 06:36 - Sep 24 with 806 viewsnix

Pitch runners on 00:24 - Sep 24 by E17hoop

No it's not.

Stewards are engaged to keep people safe, not to police the pitch. They are there to remove people from the stands if their behaviour is antisocial, not to stop people being antisocial on the pitch.

If you want to police the pitch because fans be trusted not to go on it, you're going to have to pay the police bill for their presence inside the ground.

You might be able to get them off the pitch once they're on but it's almost impossible to stop people getting on the pitch in the first place. It's happened in much bigger places than KPFS, with far more stewards.

It has to be down to individual responsibility. Tbh I particularly hate it when it's during the game as opposed to being at the end of the game as it holds things up. Why should everyone have to hang around just for some attention seeking plonker to get off the pitch, when everyone else can exercise a bit of self control. These aren't kids, they're grown adults.
Pitch runners on 07:18 - Sep 24 with 767 viewsdistortR

Pitch runners on 21:19 - Sep 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm uneasy about any moves to vilify the 13 and move straight to criminal records and five-year bans. I hope reason will have its day, if it is warranted.

I know and recognise, and stated earlier in the thread, that the danger of peaceful pitch invasions is that they can lead to more pitch invasions, some of which may well be violent. I honestly acknowledge that danger.

I had forgotten that it's against the law to go on the pitch, being honest, but I still hope there's scope within those laws to caution those that were peaceful. A criminal record feels unjust to me, and the law has - above all else - to be just. If any of the 13 provoked the away fans, then that's a different story.

I also hope that the club have some scope to caution these fans, or at least if they feel they have to ban them then to suspend part of that ban.

We're not a violent club, I think our fanbase would take measured punishments as a due warning rather than a carte blanche to invade again.

we successfully protested on the pitch against the merger.
These days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Pitch runners on 08:03 - Sep 24 with 716 viewsozranger

Pitch runners on 21:19 - Sep 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm uneasy about any moves to vilify the 13 and move straight to criminal records and five-year bans. I hope reason will have its day, if it is warranted.

I know and recognise, and stated earlier in the thread, that the danger of peaceful pitch invasions is that they can lead to more pitch invasions, some of which may well be violent. I honestly acknowledge that danger.

I had forgotten that it's against the law to go on the pitch, being honest, but I still hope there's scope within those laws to caution those that were peaceful. A criminal record feels unjust to me, and the law has - above all else - to be just. If any of the 13 provoked the away fans, then that's a different story.

I also hope that the club have some scope to caution these fans, or at least if they feel they have to ban them then to suspend part of that ban.

We're not a violent club, I think our fanbase would take measured punishments as a due warning rather than a carte blanche to invade again.

I'd agree with you that banning them for five years plus a criminal record seems too much and I'd agree with Boston's suggestion that these people should pay any fine the club receives in lieu of banning perhaps. However, if that is the rule of the club/EFL/FA then that (banning) is the punishment that has to be made. Your forgetfulness is the same as that of those who chose to "invade". Forgetfulness is not a defence in a court of law. We buy tickets under the knowledge that there are rules with the ticket and that we must abide by them.

However... QPR have a recent habit of spectators on the pitch. This is the fourth time in a few weeks that we have had a fan from QPR on the pitch. Yes, four. How many other clubs have had anything close to that this season let alone the past few weeks? The 13 here may suffer, but I think this is a growing problem. At the end of the Coventry (I think it was that one) a kid with a backpack over his shoulders ran on from the Ellerslie Stand and took a selfie with Ilias after the game finished. He was nabbed. The guy at Reading and the kid at Bournemouth. I am sure the club realises this and is rather concerned.
Pitch runners on 10:09 - Sep 24 with 587 viewsdaveB

Pitch runners on 00:24 - Sep 24 by E17hoop

No it's not.

Why do they all stand in front of the stands then with 5 minutes to go if it's not to stop people running on the pitch?
Pitch runners on 10:10 - Sep 24 with 580 viewsE17hoop

Pitch runners on 06:36 - Sep 24 by nix

You might be able to get them off the pitch once they're on but it's almost impossible to stop people getting on the pitch in the first place. It's happened in much bigger places than KPFS, with far more stewards.

It has to be down to individual responsibility. Tbh I particularly hate it when it's during the game as opposed to being at the end of the game as it holds things up. Why should everyone have to hang around just for some attention seeking plonker to get off the pitch, when everyone else can exercise a bit of self control. These aren't kids, they're grown adults.

Exactly.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Pitch runners on 10:35 - Sep 24 with 545 viewsgazza1

Pitch running, if that is what you call it, is wrong, it is quite sad to think anybody thinks it is OK to do this stuff in this era.

But hey, the world is going mad so nothing is surprizing nowadays.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024