Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion or winning the cup? 10:13 - Sep 22 with 4991 viewssparkey

I know we're so far off both of these happening, but theoretically would you rather win the league cup or get promoted?

For me it has to be a cup win.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:17 - Sep 22 with 2675 viewsMalintabuk

Promotion for me just for the money it would inject into the club and possibly secure a future.
Just have to look at other clubs and their finances to see that it is a hard to be secure
Though I have a 50/50 record of Wembley cup finals at the moment, be nice to go 2-1 up
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:17 - Sep 22 with 2677 viewsMistication92

League Cup winner goes into the Europa Conference League. Would be at least 3 epic away days in silly places. If that happened I think I'd come back to the UK for a season just to do it.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:19 - Sep 22 with 2656 viewsQPR_John

Promotion all the time. Its all about finance.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:22 - Sep 22 with 2634 viewsAberystwythR

Cup every single time
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:25 - Sep 22 with 2625 viewsjoe90

We've won the championship and play-offs in recent times, so it has to be the cup for me.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:25 - Sep 22 with 2623 viewssparkey

Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:22 - Sep 22 by AberystwythR

Cup every single time

Agreed. Would love to tell my Spurs mates how Austin has won more trophys than Kane
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:31 - Sep 22 with 2598 viewsjeffranger

No question for me, promotion all the way
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:33 - Sep 22 with 2585 viewsstevec

Both
Login to get fewer ads

Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:34 - Sep 22 with 2579 viewsPhildo

Cup for me. No financial sense in that but the need to expel the Oxford final from the memory banks is strong.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:37 - Sep 22 with 2568 viewsLunarJetman

Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:17 - Sep 22 by Mistication92

League Cup winner goes into the Europa Conference League. Would be at least 3 epic away days in silly places. If that happened I think I'd come back to the UK for a season just to do it.

Wouldn’t it be some qualifying stage first so could be out after one two legged game?
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:46 - Sep 22 with 2541 viewswillis1980

Cup for me. I know the prem is the holy grail and the club needs the money but I just feel like its a closed shop and less balanced.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:50 - Sep 22 with 2531 viewsJuzzie

I get the financial aspect of promotion but a) there's no guarantee it wouldn't just all get blown on player aquasitions/salaries/agents fees etc so no real benefit to the club and b) we're in fairly good shape anyway, going in the right direction at least, so not quite in the same boat as Derby, Reading Sheff Weds etc.

So, for me I'd prefer the Cup and, as said above, would be good to banish the ghost of 86.

I may be getting long in the tooth but tired that football is just about money. I hate 1992 and everything that year has become.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:51 - Sep 22 with 2518 viewsSuperhoop83

Cup this season. Promotion next season.

Suffering since 1978.

Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:53 - Sep 22 with 2509 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If I was doing Lee Hoos' job I'd want promotion, but as I'm a fan I'd prefer the Cup.

And can we beat Ch****a in the Final as well, please.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:54 - Sep 22 with 2508 viewsRs_Holy

Promotion via the playoffs … the ticket allocation for the EFL cup final would be a lot less than a playoff final (I think)?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 10:55]
Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:59 - Sep 22 with 2466 viewsgobbles

Cup win
Promotion or winning the cup? on 11:05 - Sep 22 with 2440 viewsManinBlack

Has to be the cup as we have only won once when I was too young to understand. The play off final is rather different and not quite the same.

Promotion would be great but a long time of suffering most weeks until relegation is confirmed. Norwich breezed the championship yet either side of this they have lost 15 Premiership matches in a row.

The pleasure of winning a cup final is you can bask in the success for years.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 11:06 - Sep 22 with 2438 viewsozexile

For the future of the club, promotion. But a Cup win would send me to my grave a happy man.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 12:45 - Sep 22 with 2300 viewsGuppy

Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:34 - Sep 22 by Phildo

Cup for me. No financial sense in that but the need to expel the Oxford final from the memory banks is strong.

What Oxford final???
Promotion or winning the cup? on 12:54 - Sep 22 with 2276 viewssprocket

Cup. Bored with promotion
Promotion or winning the cup? on 13:06 - Sep 22 with 2235 viewsStainrod

Whisper it, but this is starting to feel a bit like the season we got to the FA Cup final early eighties - just missed out on promotion (think we finished 4th - pre play off system). But the signs were there we were building something and we absolutely smashed the league the following season.

As for which you would prefer, its a bit like asking would you like a night with the young Kate Moss or the young Claudia Schiffer - I'd settle for either...
Promotion or winning the cup? on 13:09 - Sep 22 with 2216 viewsWestonsuperR

Cup win without a doubt, that is history. We would almost certainly have a season of misery and relegation if we got promoted!
Promotion or winning the cup? on 13:12 - Sep 22 with 2206 viewsdsw2509

Would love to win a cup. Why get promoted to a league where the sole aim would be to be the 4th worst team in it?
Promotion or winning the cup? on 13:22 - Sep 22 with 2183 viewsMistication92

Promotion or winning the cup? on 10:37 - Sep 22 by LunarJetman

Wouldn’t it be some qualifying stage first so could be out after one two legged game?

Even better! Play-off round is it late August so that'll be a nice holiday.
Promotion or winning the cup? on 13:28 - Sep 22 with 2164 viewsLoftgirl

Promotion or winning the cup? on 12:45 - Sep 22 by Guppy

What Oxford final???

Exactly this. I wasn't there, as it never happened.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024