Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other Forums? 09:27 - Sep 24 with 3414 viewsHooping_Mad

Just looked at the forum I used to read/contribute to the mighty popular not606, couldn't help notice that the top 6 unpinned topics are 4 non football topics and a x2 prediction threads. It looks like the discussion of football is no longer required as they seem to have scared off anyone with a contrary beliefs or opinions. Wonder why I left.....

The old Mod was a Guy who used the handle Brixton, the guy was an absolute gent who I chatted with by PM when certain types wanted to stifle genuine debate. It's sad that the current mods there have scant regard for how he tried to run it.

Having a healthy debate is becoming harder in many walks of life I really don't see what shutting down conversations on a football forum have achieved for them.

So well done to the LFW mods/Clive for letting the chat go where it does, Adults in the room are becoming harder to find in recent times.

Any other refugees here?

U R'ss

[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 9:27]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Other Forums? on 09:36 - Sep 24 with 3353 viewsstevec

Talking of such, where’s Bazza gone? Trust he’s ok.
Other Forums? on 11:55 - Sep 24 with 3206 viewsstowmarketrange

I used to be on the dot.org site,but their where to many posters pulling me upp on my speling and gramma. Mainly DaveF.
Most of the time you can have a reasonable discussion on here,but there are subjects that tend to get a bit heated,even amongst the adults on here.
Other Forums? on 12:27 - Sep 24 with 3122 viewsEsox_Lucius

Other Forums? on 11:55 - Sep 24 by stowmarketrange

I used to be on the dot.org site,but their where to many posters pulling me upp on my speling and gramma. Mainly DaveF.
Most of the time you can have a reasonable discussion on here,but there are subjects that tend to get a bit heated,even amongst the adults on here.

He died a few months back.

The grass is always greener.

Other Forums? on 12:33 - Sep 24 with 3093 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I used to love that forum (not606) and the fact it was all clubs having a section that you could post on using your own use login.
I still go on there occasionally but the coronavirus thread was almost as divisive as the one on here so I only occasionally return. Still some good posters on there though.
I might be wrong but I have a horrible feeling Brixton passed away.
Other Forums? on 12:37 - Sep 24 with 3073 viewsLogman

I used to post on the dot.org site a lot more but I find the posters there are very reactionary. If we lose then the bottom falls out of their worlds and if we win then we should be vying for the Europa League/Champions League. It's like being in a room full of Michael Vaughans on there. There are plenty of similar types on here which I find quite surprising given that many of them are long established supporters.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 12:39]
Other Forums? on 12:44 - Sep 24 with 3039 viewswillis1980

I found it a little too sneering and snobby for my liking.
Other Forums? on 12:51 - Sep 24 with 3016 viewsstowmarketrange

Other Forums? on 12:27 - Sep 24 by Esox_Lucius

He died a few months back.

Yes I heard from Julie,who sells AKUTR’s outside the loft.She was very upset over it at the time.
But whenever I posted on there he seemed to be lurking,eager to complain about the lack of punctuation,or spelling mistakes instead of responding to the subject that the post was about.
I never knowingly met him,although I probably had bumped into him over the years.
A sad loss to the people who knew him,but god help the people who printed his service sheet if they made any mistakes with grammar or spelling.
There were a lot of good posters on there too.
Other Forums? on 12:55 - Sep 24 with 2994 viewsEsox_Lucius

Other Forums? on 12:51 - Sep 24 by stowmarketrange

Yes I heard from Julie,who sells AKUTR’s outside the loft.She was very upset over it at the time.
But whenever I posted on there he seemed to be lurking,eager to complain about the lack of punctuation,or spelling mistakes instead of responding to the subject that the post was about.
I never knowingly met him,although I probably had bumped into him over the years.
A sad loss to the people who knew him,but god help the people who printed his service sheet if they made any mistakes with grammar or spelling.
There were a lot of good posters on there too.

She was/ is close friends with the Frodsham family and attended his funeral. If you stand close you can hear him spinning at how they spelt his name Fordsham on the headstone.
I'm sure he would have appreciated that before anyone lays into me.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Other Forums? on 14:15 - Sep 24 with 2861 viewsHooping_Mad

Other Forums? on 12:33 - Sep 24 by CroydonCaptJack

I used to love that forum (not606) and the fact it was all clubs having a section that you could post on using your own use login.
I still go on there occasionally but the coronavirus thread was almost as divisive as the one on here so I only occasionally return. Still some good posters on there though.
I might be wrong but I have a horrible feeling Brixton passed away.

Sadly you are correct about Brixton.

I used to love the site, I think it was Staines who sorted my tickets for the playoff final. I sorted some IT stuff for other posters, that's the sort of place it used to be.

There are a couple of great characters over there, but the overall pool of posters seems very small compared to 6 or 7 years ago.

They used to have a great writer who would do match reports, I think it was a chap called Simon, wasn't the same after he stopped contributing either.

Other Forums? on 14:17 - Sep 24 with 2855 viewsHooping_Mad

Other Forums? on 12:44 - Sep 24 by willis1980

I found it a little too sneering and snobby for my liking.

Can't disagree, but it did used to be quite a friendly place.

Still is if you have the correct opinions

Other Forums? on 14:35 - Sep 24 with 2816 viewsR_from_afar

I used to enjoy posting on QPRnet, it was a great forum but not a lot of "traffic" compared with here. Simon's match reports were cracking.

PS: No criticism of LFW is implied. I like it here!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Other Forums? on 15:03 - Sep 24 with 2766 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Other Forums? on 14:15 - Sep 24 by Hooping_Mad

Sadly you are correct about Brixton.

I used to love the site, I think it was Staines who sorted my tickets for the playoff final. I sorted some IT stuff for other posters, that's the sort of place it used to be.

There are a couple of great characters over there, but the overall pool of posters seems very small compared to 6 or 7 years ago.

They used to have a great writer who would do match reports, I think it was a chap called Simon, wasn't the same after he stopped contributing either.

That wasn't our very own Rollercoaster was it?
He used to be on there I know.
Other Forums? on 15:27 - Sep 24 with 2716 viewsBoston

Visited all the Rangers Forums, posted occasionally but as a regular irritant, there have been but four. The Offish, the Dot, Ben Humphrey’s start up after the Dot, then moved into this neighbourhood. Plenty of good posters spread throughout these sites, some of course who frequent them all, some better informed than others, but I learn a little from everybody’s contributions, after all it is just an open conversation we’re having, no need to get into a tizzy over opinions / philosophy, though a thick skin and the ability to recognise (attempted) humour really helps.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Other Forums? on 16:28 - Sep 24 with 2651 viewsterryb

Other Forums? on 15:03 - Sep 24 by CroydonCaptJack

I didn't know that Simon did match reports, but Rollercoaster used to be an administrator on not606. He also wrote the occasional blog as well & it was from that that I came to meet him.

I used to post on Report, but that ended last December when a number of us left at the same time.
Other Forums? on 17:09 - Sep 24 with 2569 viewsslmrstid

When I was a kid, about 12-13, I posted on the official website messageboard for about a year, before clubs did away with them (gawd knows what that'd be like now, worse than Facebook/Twitter perhaps...?)

Then when about 18-19 and more argumentative I used to post on Dot.Org. I imagine my user still exists but I won't have been on it for years and years.

I've been frequenting this website since I was about 20-21 and ever since because I enjoy the extra articles that come on it courtesy of Clive. And I don't really have the time/inclination to use more than one, so LFW it is for me.
Other Forums? on 18:03 - Sep 24 with 2476 viewsBoston

Other Forums? on 17:09 - Sep 24 by slmrstid

When I was a kid, about 12-13, I posted on the official website messageboard for about a year, before clubs did away with them (gawd knows what that'd be like now, worse than Facebook/Twitter perhaps...?)

Then when about 18-19 and more argumentative I used to post on Dot.Org. I imagine my user still exists but I won't have been on it for years and years.

I've been frequenting this website since I was about 20-21 and ever since because I enjoy the extra articles that come on it courtesy of Clive. And I don't really have the time/inclination to use more than one, so LFW it is for me.

You’ve always used this or a similar tag since joining the boards, right? Fairly sure I remember you from the Offish, certainly do on the Org.

Other Forums? on 18:09 - Sep 24 with 2461 viewsBoston

Other Forums? on 12:55 - Sep 24 by Esox_Lucius

She was/ is close friends with the Frodsham family and attended his funeral. If you stand close you can hear him spinning at how they spelt his name Fordsham on the headstone.
I'm sure he would have appreciated that before anyone lays into me.

erm, first encountered in 1997, often referred to him as Frogspawn, think he rather gritted his teeth on occasions, though I never recall us clashing.

Other Forums? on 22:21 - Sep 24 with 2296 viewsslmrstid

Other Forums? on 18:03 - Sep 24 by Boston

You’ve always used this or a similar tag since joining the boards, right? Fairly sure I remember you from the Offish, certainly do on the Org.

Pretty much, I'm not the most imaginative!
Other Forums? on 08:13 - Sep 25 with 2100 viewsHooping_Mad

Other Forums? on 15:03 - Sep 24 by CroydonCaptJack

Again I think you're spot on. He did some great writing.

Other Forums? on 13:49 - Sep 25 with 1896 viewsSimonD

Other Forums? on 08:13 - Sep 25 by Hooping_Mad

Again I think you're spot on. He did some great writing.

Aw, shucks, you're too kind.

I rarely post anywhere anymore, so much so that I've forgotten my password for my Roller log on here and just set up this new account instead.

CCJ made me aware of your post last night as we, along with a few of our local throng, met up for a few beers during the match and a thai afterwards.

I wouldn't criticise any of the current mods on Not606. I go to matches with Beth, I know Nines very well and have met Tramore several times; they are all good people.

What name did you post under?
Other Forums? on 15:03 - Sep 25 with 1834 viewsNorthernr

Other Forums? on 13:49 - Sep 25 by SimonD

I rarely post anywhere anymore, so much so that I've forgotten my password for my Roller log on here and just set up this new account instead.

CCJ made me aware of your post last night as we, along with a few of our local throng, met up for a few beers during the match and a thai afterwards.

I wouldn't criticise any of the current mods on Not606. I go to matches with Beth, I know Nines very well and have met Tramore several times; they are all good people.

I can reset that for you mate if you want, drop me a DM or an email...
Other Forums? on 18:45 - Sep 28 with 1519 viewsHooping_Mad

Other Forums? on 13:49 - Sep 25 by SimonD

Sorry for the slow reply Simon, been outside fighting the garden all weekend. Hope you are well.

Yeah I never had an issue with Nines or Beth but it was obvious that they have a certain politic and I had another, didn't have to become an issue until it became an issue for them.

I think Nines took me completely the wrong way a bit on more than one occasion. Sort of completely missing the point or joke and then getting a bit personal in response. Considering some of the WUM posters we did have I didn't feel very welcome any longer and I think a few others weren't far behind or in front of me on that as well, the fact we're both chatting over here says it all really.

Or it could have been the thought crime of being the only one who thought blaming Harry Redknapp for acting like Harry Redknapp was a bit rich. I was only playing devils advocate but I got a lot of heat for trying to offer an alternative point of view. Sign Harry, get Harry total shocker.

Never exchanged a single word with Beth. Tramore seems most suited to modding a former lively football forum.

Anyway, I think I had the pleasure of meeting you briefly in the pub that is no more on playoff final day. What a strangely wonderful day that turned out to be.

I was at the Bristol a few weeks back and just sat down at kick off so didn't get a copy AKUTR. Do you still write? I hope so.

And......I think my Tag was Bush_Rhino.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 21:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024