Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petrol queues. 13:36 - Sep 25 with 26661 viewsSnipper

Bloody big queue at the petrol station today.

When will these tossers learn that it’s the media scaremongering?

Anyway, nearly 2 hours in a queue, and I didn’t even want any bloody petrol. I only wanted this months version of Razzle and a packet of tissues.

That’s me sorted for the weekend. 😜😜
Petrol queues. on 13:38 - Sep 25 with 6098 viewsstowmarketrange

They were still queueing to get fuel on the A14 at Newmarket services at 1am last night.Absolute madness.When will people learn?
Petrol queues. on 13:43 - Sep 25 with 6074 viewsPinnerPaul

Yep - crazy - either stupid queues or no fuel round here.
Petrol queues. on 13:43 - Sep 25 with 6071 viewscaliforniahoop

You say that but 3 petrol stations by me have run out.
Petrol queues. on 13:47 - Sep 25 with 6055 viewsWatford_Ranger

We haven’t been a serious country for a long time.
Petrol queues. on 13:58 - Sep 25 with 6024 viewsPinnerPaul

Petrol queues. on 13:47 - Sep 25 by Watford_Ranger

We haven’t been a serious country for a long time.

Given that we can't even be trusted to buy toilet rolls sensibly, I have to agree.
Petrol queues. on 14:13 - Sep 25 with 5970 viewsenfieldargh

Zilch in Enfield area, shame keeps the buggers off the road

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Petrol queues. on 14:14 - Sep 25 with 5959 viewsbollockchops

but we need cheap foreign labour so lets create a crisis instead of paying people a proper wage
Petrol queues. on 14:17 - Sep 25 with 5946 viewsPinnerPaul

I don't think I've ever heard of lorry drivers complaining they don't don't earn a 'proper living wage'
Login to get fewer ads

Petrol queues. on 14:29 - Sep 25 with 5928 viewsSuperhoop83

Petrol queues. on 14:17 - Sep 25 by PinnerPaul

I don't think I've ever heard of lorry drivers complaining they don't don't earn a 'proper living wage'

This country has no shortage of selfish, ignorant tosspots.

Edit - oops, that was meant to be a fresh post, not a reply to your post!
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 14:31]

Suffering since 1978.

Petrol queues. on 14:57 - Sep 25 with 5853 viewsBoston

Unfortunately the good has largely gone out of the UK truck driving market. There is now an opportunity for wages and conditions to improve, though It will take a while for companies to regain full employment.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Petrol queues. on 15:32 - Sep 25 with 5797 viewscolinallcars

I drove west along the A4 from Hammersmith today and there is a BP station on either side of the road. Cars were queueing out into the inside lane - bloody dangerous.
Petrol queues. on 15:34 - Sep 25 with 5791 viewsstowmarketrange

The problem is how many hours a week we have to do to earn that living wage.I’ve never been a driver thats away all week,but plenty of drivers are.
The problem is that they have to work between 13-15 hours a day,and then they have to be a security guard for the rest of the night at £2 an hour.Then be up the next day and do the same again.
Multiply that by 5 days and then 48 weeks living in a space smaller than a prison cell,and you can see why drivers have had enough.And rest assured that there will always be a police officer to hassle you if you make a mistake driving 9-10 hours a day with all the idiots out there on our roads.
I’m glad I’m nearer retirement than the start.
Petrol queues. on 15:49 - Sep 25 with 5741 viewsPinnerPaul

Petrol queues. on 15:34 - Sep 25 by stowmarketrange

The problem is how many hours a week we have to do to earn that living wage.I’ve never been a driver thats away all week,but plenty of drivers are.
The problem is that they have to work between 13-15 hours a day,and then they have to be a security guard for the rest of the night at £2 an hour.Then be up the next day and do the same again.
Multiply that by 5 days and then 48 weeks living in a space smaller than a prison cell,and you can see why drivers have had enough.And rest assured that there will always be a police officer to hassle you if you make a mistake driving 9-10 hours a day with all the idiots out there on our roads.
I’m glad I’m nearer retirement than the start.

Well the first thing to do is shop the firms paying £2 an hour - way below the minimum wage!
Petrol queues. on 15:59 - Sep 25 with 5695 viewsstowmarketrange

Petrol queues. on 15:49 - Sep 25 by PinnerPaul

Well the first thing to do is shop the firms paying £2 an hour - way below the minimum wage!

That’s just the £25 a night to buy food and drink with while you’re away from your depot.It sounds ok if you’re out for 4 nights a week and can eat a ready meal in your cab,but if you want something edible then your £25 gets eaten in to quite quickly.Then you have to stand guard over your truck,diesel and any goods you have on board for the rest of your time off for whatever is left out of that £25.
There is a decent wage for someone who is willing to be away from your home and family for up to 120 hours a week.
Petrol queues. on 16:12 - Sep 25 with 5651 viewscolinallcars

And of course it doesn't have the glamour of American trucking - haulin' ass outa Dallas with the hammer down and ol' smoky on your tail.
Petrol queues. on 16:13 - Sep 25 with 5648 viewsted_hendrix

If tosspots stopped reading tosspot media's unnecessary tosspot panic tosspot panic reporting there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

I have it on good authority that there are only 17 turkeys left in the country as we speak, therefore you can forget a turkey Christmas dinner this year, bread and dripping all round providing we don't have a shortage of flour delivery drivers.

Get in the queue quick, just get in the queue before there's a shortage of queues.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Petrol queues. on 18:10 - Sep 25 with 5400 viewsGroveR

Petrol queues. on 16:12 - Sep 25 by colinallcars

And of course it doesn't have the glamour of American trucking - haulin' ass outa Dallas with the hammer down and ol' smoky on your tail.

10-4 breaker breaker rubber ducky.

Found this very interesting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thelorryist/status/1439361631872602112
Petrol queues. on 18:29 - Sep 25 with 5340 viewsBoston

Petrol queues. on 16:12 - Sep 25 by colinallcars

If you’re not aware, we have a shortfall of truck drivers here in the US and it’s growing bigger every day. There are continual ‘end of the world’ type warnings from those in the industry concerning distribution problems because the age of the average person with their pedal to the metal is late fifties.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 18:30]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Petrol queues. on 18:38 - Sep 25 with 5320 viewsJuzzie

Something has to be done to stop the tosspot newspapers from creating all this hysteria all the time.

Yeah, I understand freedom of speech/the press etc but this isn’t reporting, it’s deliberate scaremongering designed to sell papers/get web-clicks without giving a schit about the consequences of their actions.
Petrol queues. on 19:20 - Sep 25 with 5220 viewsCamberleyR

Petrol queues. on 18:38 - Sep 25 by Juzzie

Something has to be done to stop the tosspot newspapers from creating all this hysteria all the time.

Yeah, I understand freedom of speech/the press etc but this isn’t reporting, it’s deliberate scaremongering designed to sell papers/get web-clicks without giving a schit about the consequences of their actions.

The TV news is just as bad at scaremongering.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Petrol queues. on 19:40 - Sep 25 with 5159 viewscollegeranger

Looks like a leak from an internal BP memo saying that due to driver sickness and lack of agency drivers " a few service stations" would face a delay of 24 hours for delivery! Next thing BBC get hold of it and its the lead story on Thursday's lunchtime news with a BP spoke person asked if the some service stations "could" run out of fuel? The response was "its possible". Next thing mass wa nkery to get fuel!
BBC have form for this at the start of the pandemic when they reported that Australia was running short of toilet paper ! That sparked the bog roll wa nkery!

I truly hope that parliament looks at these and X-bench enquiry happens as this isn't about curbing freedom of speech its sensationalising and about the lefty BBC editors stirring sh1t up to have a go at the government by deliberately creating a panic - disgraceful.
Petrol queues. on 19:42 - Sep 25 with 5141 viewstraininvain

Petrol queues. on 18:29 - Sep 25 by Boston

If you’re not aware, we have a shortfall of truck drivers here in the US and it’s growing bigger every day. There are continual ‘end of the world’ type warnings from those in the industry concerning distribution problems because the age of the average person with their pedal to the metal is late fifties.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 18:30]

I had initially thought the labour shortage in the UK was a result of Brexit (not looking to debate the pros and cons!) but I’m currently in the US (visiting wife’s family) and it’s the same problem over here.

Most fast food restaurants have ‘hiring’ signs outside and the hourly rate being offered has increased during our trip!

Seems to me that the labour shortage is more likely to be pandemic related as many people have effectively been paid not to work over the past 18 months. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing as govt support was needed for many people to survive.

But it’ll be interesting to see what happens now that the pandemic govt support in both the UK and US is coming to an end.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2021 19:47]
Petrol queues. on 19:43 - Sep 25 with 5137 viewsbosh67

It's unbelievable. 3 petrol stations in my area closed and I had to queue up for 45 minutes in the end to get some fuel.

... and I don't even have a car!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Petrol queues. on 20:13 - Sep 25 with 5048 viewsWatford_Ranger

Petrol queues. on 19:40 - Sep 25 by collegeranger

Looks like a leak from an internal BP memo saying that due to driver sickness and lack of agency drivers " a few service stations" would face a delay of 24 hours for delivery! Next thing BBC get hold of it and its the lead story on Thursday's lunchtime news with a BP spoke person asked if the some service stations "could" run out of fuel? The response was "its possible". Next thing mass wa nkery to get fuel!
BBC have form for this at the start of the pandemic when they reported that Australia was running short of toilet paper ! That sparked the bog roll wa nkery!

I truly hope that parliament looks at these and X-bench enquiry happens as this isn't about curbing freedom of speech its sensationalising and about the lefty BBC editors stirring sh1t up to have a go at the government by deliberately creating a panic - disgraceful.

Plenty of large right wing media outlets excitedly reporting shortages but yeah evil leftie BBC undermining our hardworking government.
Petrol queues. on 20:39 - Sep 25 with 4991 viewsJuzzie

I’m not interested in any lefty-righty bollox because its all designed to divide but if that’s all true about the BBC, a public funded body, they need pulling up and read the riot act.

The did this with the food panic buying, sensationalised it rather than playing it down and acting like a public information service to try and difuse the situation. They made it worse IMO.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024