Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 03:33 - Sep 29 with 7799 viewsDylanP

Why did Chair look so subdued today? He seemed half-hearted in his goal celebrations and after the final whistle he seemed downright despondent.

Was he just exhausted after running his heart out in the wind and rain? Was I just imagining it? Thoughts?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Chair on 04:21 - Sep 29 with 4432 viewsbarbicanranger

Watching from afar here but it seemed on the stream that he was really out to prove a point tonight. Reading between the lines did he get some flack post WBA game on the socials? - probably knowing our lot. He seemed pretty happy at the end to me but maybe it was a case of played his heart out and was soaking wet.

After his season so far I feel like he deserves his own thread on here. Our fans seem to forget what Chair has developed into - from being a fringe player / sub, he now pretty much starts every game and is consistently instrumental in someway or another during games. He is turning into some player. Really pleased for him tonight.
Chair on 07:04 - Sep 29 with 4185 viewsenfieldargh

My kids insist I start this chant for Ilias but a bit hard from Row F in G Block

He's here, he's there he's every f()cking where Ilias Chair Ilias Chair

Original eh?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Chair on 07:09 - Sep 29 with 4170 viewsMrSheen

Dylan, I imagine he was tired at the end as he’s usually hooked after 70.

I didn’t spot that with him, but there was a fair bit of open friction last night - Austin on Barbet, Barbet on Odubajo, with the latter more justified than the former in my view- which suggested a hard few days in training and a grim determination to win at all costs. Can’t complain about the outcome.
Chair on 07:40 - Sep 29 with 4078 viewsMalintabuk

Chair as really come on this season. Against Everton he looked really good and him and Willock were totally dominant in the first half.
Last night he was without doubt the best player on the park and even in atrocious conditions he excelled
He had a poor game at West Brom but in fairness think most of the team had an off night.
I think a lot of people forget he is still quite young and will have peaks and troughs, but he is getting to the stage where it seems the peaks are more often.
Fast becoming a terrific little player for us and this will be a big season for him
Chair on 07:58 - Sep 29 with 3992 viewsnix

Chair on 07:09 - Sep 29 by MrSheen

I didn’t spot that with him, but there was a fair bit of open friction last night - Austin on Barbet, Barbet on Odubajo, with the latter more justified than the former in my view- which suggested a hard few days in training and a grim determination to win at all costs. Can’t complain about the outcome.

With Barnet and. Odubajo, I saw that as it was on our side. It was towards the end of the match and Odubajo was playing on the left after the substitutions. He'd just got caught in possession after not releasing the ball quickly enough. Looked like Barbet told him off basically which led to a bit of minor shoving. But then later on they hugged it out. This team has a great team spirit. They do have a go at each other sometimes, but it seems to be over very quickly.

As for Chair he looked okay to me. I wonder if he's feeling the pressure a bit after some really tough games. Hopefully yesterday's brace will do him the world of good.
Chair on 07:58 - Sep 29 with 3990 viewsAntti_Heinola

Didn't look subdued at all, not sure what you've seen there Dylan. Was laughing and smiling and chucking his shirt to kids as he left the pitch.
Possibly upset by the ludicrous criticism on Friday for one bloody mistake, and I don't blame him, considering how good he is for us.
Not sure we've ever had a player come through the ranks and be so underappreciated by our fans. Bewildering. Otherwise, he was an absolute ball of energy all night.

Bare bones.

Chair on 08:07 - Sep 29 with 3970 viewsDWQPR

Ilias Chair for me has stripes as the QPR no.10.

Marsh
Bowles
Stainrod
Byrne
Wegerle
Gallen
Taarabt
Eze
Chair

He’s allowed an off day, he’s allowed to make mistakes but this guy will only get better and better.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Chair on 08:10 - Sep 29 with 3943 viewsGoddardandallen

probably cos of all the stick he got on social media.. he proved them wrong tho
Login to get fewer ads

Chair on 08:25 - Sep 29 with 3865 viewsnix

Chair on 07:58 - Sep 29 by Antti_Heinola

Didn't look subdued at all, not sure what you've seen there Dylan. Was laughing and smiling and chucking his shirt to kids as he left the pitch.
Possibly upset by the ludicrous criticism on Friday for one bloody mistake, and I don't blame him, considering how good he is for us.
Not sure we've ever had a player come through the ranks and be so underappreciated by our fans. Bewildering. Otherwise, he was an absolute ball of energy all night.

It's interesting though how at the matches the crowd are generally different from the keyboard warriors. So, there was a pointed clap of CA after criticism of him a few matches ago, and the same for Seny after similar criticism for one mistake.

Also lots of defence of the players online in response to the ridiculous criticism, as you say.

It's also interesting how we're hardly hearing anything from the most vocal critics of Warburton these days. It's like it's no fun now they haven't got much to be angry about.
Chair on 08:30 - Sep 29 with 3844 viewsstevec

Miiic-Keey Leach
Chair on 08:46 - Sep 29 with 3763 viewstraininvain

I’m surprised how under appreciated Chair is by many on here. IMO he’s our most important player and usually the difference between a win and a draw or loss.

Generally involved when we score and improving season on season. But most importantly, he’s one of those rare footballers that I could watch all day long. So tidy in possession, a constant menace going forward and works tirelessly for the team.

I’ll be gutted to see him leave, which seems inevitable unless we’re promoted this season. As I said on the match thread last night, let’s make the most of him while we can!
Chair on 08:55 - Sep 29 with 3705 viewsgazza1

Wow, you are getting a bit critical of posters!!! Not sure everyone is going to think the same just like I think Ball is massively underrated by most posters because they only see the 'not so good' side of him but miss all his 'dog work'.

Re Chair, If he was subdued, whatever you want to call it, I will have that every match. I never saw that but I thought he played very well tonight, I think overall this season he has been a big asset to the Team and he has been great to watch for the supporters.

He has a chance, and only a chance, because he will have to brush up on a few of the skills needed for top level but he is moving along very nicely - he is not always going to be fantastic, as long as he works and has the right attitude. Championship standard football is not 'mugs game' and he can still earn a good living.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 9:00]
Chair on 09:11 - Sep 29 with 3618 viewsMaggsinho

Chair on 07:09 - Sep 29 by MrSheen

This is true. Gray looked furious every time the ball didn't reach him in the penalty area and Chair and Willock looked to be having words on the pitch after the game.
Chair on 09:28 - Sep 29 with 3542 viewsMrSheen

Chair on 09:11 - Sep 29 by Maggsinho

This is true. Gray looked furious every time the ball didn't reach him in the penalty area and Chair and Willock looked to be having words on the pitch after the game.

Gray looks like one of those players who is always angry, with himself as much as anyone (Charlie very similar). It must be doubly frustrating being in a new team where the style isn't a great fit for him - lots of possession rather than balls into space - and where his movement isn't yet anticipated or understood by his new team-mates. It was more noticeable against Bristol when he seemed to take the ball off himself to make his own chances, which led to him making silly fouls on defenders when he had no chance of winning a tackle. Still, I thought he did well last night when he came on, he brought more energy and mobility up front, dragging defenders into wide positions, making holes for Chair, Amos and Ball to run into.
Chair on 11:02 - Sep 29 with 3392 viewsfrancisbowles

The only thing Chair was disappointed with last night was not getting the matchball.

Great performance and really good to see a 'midfielder' going past the 'strikers'.
Chair on 11:11 - Sep 29 with 3358 viewsdaveB

Chair was gutted he miss controlled a brilliant Adomah cross which would have got him the hat trick
Chair on 11:26 - Sep 29 with 3297 viewsqpr1976

Chair on 08:07 - Sep 29 by DWQPR

Ilias Chair for me has stripes as the QPR no.10.

Marsh
Bowles
Stainrod
Byrne
Wegerle
Gallen
Taarabt
Eze
Chair

He’s allowed an off day, he’s allowed to make mistakes but this guy will only get better and better.

“Oi ! What about me ?” - T. Currie
Chair on 11:43 - Sep 29 with 3229 viewsMrSheen

Chair on 11:26 - Sep 29 by qpr1976

“Oi ! What about me ?” - T. Currie

"And us?" - Akos...Karl Connolly and Sean Goss.
Chair on 11:43 - Sep 29 with 3233 viewsHastings_Hoops

What I took from last night (last 15 mins) was that the whole team were committed to getting Chair his hatrick…

-Willock holding the ball as long as possible for Chair to get some space on a couple of occasions when others were better placed.
-Adomah doing the same with that brilliant cross - chair nearly converted.
-Barbet trying that (Ill advised) flicked free kick.

…really nice to see in a strange way as it shows team spirit and how we were cruising at the end.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 11:45]
Chair on 11:50 - Sep 29 with 3192 viewsstainrods_elbow

Chair on 08:25 - Sep 29 by nix

It's interesting though how at the matches the crowd are generally different from the keyboard warriors. So, there was a pointed clap of CA after criticism of him a few matches ago, and the same for Seny after similar criticism for one mistake.

Also lots of defence of the players online in response to the ridiculous criticism, as you say.

It's also interesting how we're hardly hearing anything from the most vocal critics of Warburton these days. It's like it's no fun now they haven't got much to be angry about.

As I pointed out in my comment on the last bit of Clive's WBA report, the fanbase doesn't divide into the 'real' fans who (can) go to games and the 'keyboard warriors' who watch them on streams and write passionately/critically about them. The odd pathological troll aside, we're all fans, and we all care. While it's great there seems to a be real feel-good factor this season with the travelling support, my experience has been that over the years, if anything, some of the most backbiting and heckling supporters are those that travel with the team, as has often been commented on.

People who promote themselves as more caring/generous/supportive in any walk of life are usually suspect. In any event, if certain people could kindly stop 'virtue-signalling' and/or engaging in games of oneupmanship about their fandom rather than just speaking for themselves as individuals and letting others do likewise, we'll have healthier and more generous debate all round.

As for Chair, I was thrilled by his performance last night, as I am by the progress he's continuing to make. He was the man and the talisman from start to finish, and the only pity is he didn't walk off with the match ball. Let's hope it fires Dykes, Gray and Charlie to better things than they showed for most of last night.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 11:58]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Chair on 12:07 - Sep 29 with 3161 viewsEsox_Lucius

Within seconds of the final whistle Chair was bent over in exhaustion in the 18yd box over near the Paddock and spent a couple of minutes recovering before joining the rest of the players. He ran his legs off tonight both in attack and defence evidenced by his half hearted walk around the fans at the very end. He gave everything last night.
The only player who came over to the fans at the end was Luke Amos and, despite requests, he kept his shirt but posed for plenty of selfies with the fans.

The grass is always greener.

Chair on 12:13 - Sep 29 with 3145 viewskensalriser

Chair on 11:43 - Sep 29 by Hastings_Hoops

What I took from last night (last 15 mins) was that the whole team were committed to getting Chair his hatrick…

-Willock holding the ball as long as possible for Chair to get some space on a couple of occasions when others were better placed.
-Adomah doing the same with that brilliant cross - chair nearly converted.
-Barbet trying that (Ill advised) flicked free kick.

…really nice to see in a strange way as it shows team spirit and how we were cruising at the end.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 11:45]

Yeah, he was pretty much playing as a centre foward in the latter stages and looked the part, too! Terrific player. We're lucky to have him.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chair on 12:16 - Sep 29 with 3123 viewssparkey

Mental how some people still don't rate him. Fantastic player and he clearly loves the club. Excited to see how him and Willock push on this season.
Chair on 12:19 - Sep 29 with 3093 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chair on 12:16 - Sep 29 by sparkey

Mental how some people still don't rate him. Fantastic player and he clearly loves the club. Excited to see how him and Willock push on this season.

3 possible reasons; so pissed that they don't really know what is happening on the pitch, don't actually go to games or, most likely, facing the wrong way at games.

The grass is always greener.

Chair on 12:24 - Sep 29 with 3080 viewsQPR_John

Chair on 12:16 - Sep 29 by sparkey

Do people not rate him? How can anybody not rate Chair. I’d argue every other team in the Champioship would take him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024