Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? 11:06 - Sep 30 with 28887 viewssaxbend

I have some money sitting in a savings account that does very little except act as a place for my other savings account to empty into annually. I would like to invest it into something a bit more interesting and I am very tempted to believe that the Bond for the new training ground could be it.

So for those of you who've done this sort of thing before (or do it often), what do you think?
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:49 - Oct 15 with 3531 viewsBoston

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:57 - Oct 14 by HamptonR

All investors please be aware that I have done you a very big favour, by not investing.

Over the years I have been responsible for at least two property crashes, one recession, the price of gold plummeting, the demise of Loftus Road PLC, an ISA that returned 50% less than I invested over seven years and pretty much every sporting certainty that has failed.

Friends and family beg me not to bet on QPR, sometimes they actually ask me to back the opposition.

By not investing, I am guaranteeing that those that do, will do very well out of it.

…and er, if you could refrain from starting match threads, ta.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:51 - Oct 18 with 3256 viewsWatfordR

Maximum £6.8 million now raised. 1500 investors In 10 days. Well done to everyone concerned.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:13 - Oct 18 with 3112 viewsPinnerPaul

Anyone know why there IS a 'maximum' that is only about 1/3 of the estimated total cost?

Could not the owners have guaranteed to put in £14M, if required, but raise more from the bond issue if they were able to?
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:30 - Oct 18 with 3067 viewsSonofpugwash

It's almost like a charity.And in this instance it's a situation where the owners don't trust their own money so have to beg for external funds.
It's very very risky.It would be all right if it were a football club making profits fairly regularly,like Manchester United - apart from 2018 and 2020 in the last ten years.When did R's do that?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:36 - Oct 18 with 3047 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:30 - Oct 18 by Sonofpugwash

It's almost like a charity.And in this instance it's a situation where the owners don't trust their own money so have to beg for external funds.
It's very very risky.It would be all right if it were a football club making profits fairly regularly,like Manchester United - apart from 2018 and 2020 in the last ten years.When did R's do that?

???? - if that WAS the case they wouldn't be putting in £14M of their 'own funds'?
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:39 - Oct 18 with 3032 viewsSonofpugwash

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:36 - Oct 18 by PinnerPaul

???? - if that WAS the case they wouldn't be putting in £14M of their 'own funds'?

That's what they say - do you have proof?
And don't forget bonds can be affected by financial crashes - all depends on the type of bond of course,and there have been dire warnings of late that one is imminent.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:43 - Oct 18 with 3022 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:39 - Oct 18 by Sonofpugwash

That's what they say - do you have proof?
And don't forget bonds can be affected by financial crashes - all depends on the type of bond of course,and there have been dire warnings of late that one is imminent.

Well you're not going to get the training ground done for £6M.

The 'proof' will be in the accounts and furthermore if their only motive was to raise the money 'cheaply' why limit it to only 1/3 of the cost?

Finally £14M is a tiny fraction of what they have paid for their involvement thus far.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 15:44 - Oct 18 with 2956 viewslightwaterhoop

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:30 - Oct 18 by Sonofpugwash

All businesses borrow money even multi-nationals often via bonds like this.This bond is nothing unusual .I have invested but only what i can afford to lose.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 16:02]
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 17:02 - Oct 18 with 2895 viewsLythamR

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:13 - Oct 18 by PinnerPaul

Anyone know why there IS a 'maximum' that is only about 1/3 of the estimated total cost?

Could not the owners have guaranteed to put in £14M, if required, but raise more from the bond issue if they were able to?

Its likely about finding the right balance

if they raised more via the bond it would end up costing a significant chunk if we got promoted in bonuses, plus it looks better to have an over subscribed bond than one that is under subscribed
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 18:26 - Oct 18 with 2798 viewsBoston

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:51 - Oct 18 by WatfordR

Maximum £6.8 million now raised. 1500 investors In 10 days. Well done to everyone concerned.

Find myself a tad disappointed to see the other 1499 of ya only chipped in 800.000k

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 18:32 - Oct 18 with 2789 viewsBoston

Joking apart, that does make the average purchase as 11.2k. Pretty decent amount for a bunch of football thugs!

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 19:03 - Oct 18 with 2755 viewskensalriser

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 18:32 - Oct 18 by Boston

Joking apart, that does make the average purchase as 11.2k. Pretty decent amount for a bunch of football thugs!

Conclusion, STs are far too cheap!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 19:04 - Oct 18 with 2753 viewsW12Mikey

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:13 - Oct 18 by PinnerPaul

They explained at the presentation at KPFS that the maximum is to do with FCA regulations. To raise more than this amount they would have been required to produce a full prospectus similar to when companies issue a bond that is going to be traded on the stock exchange and that would have been more expense than it was worth.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 19:38 - Oct 18 with 2705 viewsNorrisGreen

Seems like it's been a roaring success, I'm glad I got in early doors. I invested about 3.4% of my total savings pot in them. If it all went to pot and I lost the lot I'd be peeved but barely inconvenienced in the grand scheme of things. I'd still have a badge saying QPR Bond Holder and my name on the founders wall at shiny new training ground. Ultimately, as long as they get Heston delivered I'll be content.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 19:58 - Oct 18 with 2685 viewsSonofpugwash

Wow,so many romantics on this board.
Nice to see though had it been in another context.

Lend us a tenner.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 22:46 - Oct 18 with 2597 viewslightwaterhoop

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 19:58 - Oct 18 by Sonofpugwash

Wow,so many romantics on this board.
Nice to see though had it been in another context.

Lend us a tenner.

Investing in bonds is probably the least romantic thing anyone can do.I dont think you have any idea how the the world works.If you have any sort of pension for instance it will be full of bonds of one sort or another and thats just for starters.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2021 23:03]
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 23:01 - Oct 18 with 2572 viewscolinallcars

Oh, I can't afford anything like this. It'd be different if I found a rare Beethoven painting in my loft…….
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 08:59 - Oct 19 with 2461 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 17:02 - Oct 18 by LythamR

Its likely about finding the right balance

if they raised more via the bond it would end up costing a significant chunk if we got promoted in bonuses, plus it looks better to have an over subscribed bond than one that is under subscribed

Excellent points - thanks
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 09:00 - Oct 19 with 2457 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 19:04 - Oct 18 by W12Mikey

They explained at the presentation at KPFS that the maximum is to do with FCA regulations. To raise more than this amount they would have been required to produce a full prospectus similar to when companies issue a bond that is going to be traded on the stock exchange and that would have been more expense than it was worth.

OK - thanks, makes sense.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 11:03 - Oct 19 with 2352 viewssaxbend

I hate being below average at anything.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 11:24 - Oct 19 with 2311 viewsAddinall

I make it £4.5K.

But still an impressive effort.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 11:26]
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 12:37 - Oct 19 with 2239 viewsHamptonR

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:49 - Oct 15 by Boston

…and er, if you could refrain from starting match threads, ta.

I shall chisel that in stone.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:54 - Oct 21 with 2029 viewssaxbend

As of today my application appears to have passed due diligence. Exciting times. Looking forward to getting my little badge. 😁
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 13:39 - Oct 21 with 1939 viewsgazza1

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:54 - Oct 21 by saxbend

As of today my application appears to have passed due diligence. Exciting times. Looking forward to getting my little badge. 😁

Same
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 18:19 - Oct 21 with 1846 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 13:39 - Oct 21 by gazza1

Same

Yes same for me.

You can check on your account page if you're in or if they require further info from you - such as proof of ID - I suspect that is for the larger investor though - money, not body size!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024