Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? 11:06 - Sep 30 with 29341 viewssaxbend

I have some money sitting in a savings account that does very little except act as a place for my other savings account to empty into annually. I would like to invest it into something a bit more interesting and I am very tempted to believe that the Bond for the new training ground could be it.

So for those of you who've done this sort of thing before (or do it often), what do you think?
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 12:11 - Oct 22 with 3662 viewsgazza1

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 18:19 - Oct 21 by PinnerPaul

Yes same for me.

You can check on your account page if you're in or if they require further info from you - such as proof of ID - I suspect that is for the larger investor though - money, not body size!

Yes....sent them bank & finalised statements - all done. Looking forward to getting the 'james'!!!
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 09:56 - Oct 26 with 3443 viewsderbyhoop

The ID checks will be related to anti money laundering.

I hope the investors don't include Russian billionaires who got their money via Putin's largesse. Otherwise we'd be as bad as that lot from SW6

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:12 - Oct 26 with 3407 viewsEsox_Lucius

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 09:56 - Oct 26 by derbyhoop

The ID checks will be related to anti money laundering.

I hope the investors don't include Russian billionaires who got their money via Putin's largesse. Otherwise we'd be as bad as that lot from SW6

I don't think £6.8m would have even covered the racists salary for one season when he was playing there. We should be safe.

The grass is always greener.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 22:12 - Nov 8 with 3233 viewssaxbend

This might be a pure coincidence, but it's amusing anyway that not long after I committed some money to the bond scheme, I'm getting contacts from people on Instagram claiming to want to be my friend, small talking a bit and then casually dropping into the conversation that they work in finance and investments. It would be a particularly strange coincidence as both individuals claimed to be in Italy (but not from Italy) and I happened to be in Italy when I made the initial application and transfer for the QPR Bond.

I wonder if any of you have suddenly had this too. The one currently talking to me claims to be a young lady from Hong Kong who's a fashion designer sent to Milan for tips (doesn't speak Italian though) and keeps telling me about her amazing hobby of cryptocurrency. Seems to be ready to spend every waking minute of her day sending me messages. Responds as quickly as any bot. I wonder how far I can string the person along before he/she realises I'm not going to hand over a penny. Maybe I can try and get "her" to perform stunts for me, such as show me video of her playing the piano (she says she plays the piano and ukulele). Maybe I'll even get her to sing Warburton's Blue Army.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 23:09 - Nov 8 with 3155 viewsozexile

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 22:12 - Nov 8 by saxbend

This might be a pure coincidence, but it's amusing anyway that not long after I committed some money to the bond scheme, I'm getting contacts from people on Instagram claiming to want to be my friend, small talking a bit and then casually dropping into the conversation that they work in finance and investments. It would be a particularly strange coincidence as both individuals claimed to be in Italy (but not from Italy) and I happened to be in Italy when I made the initial application and transfer for the QPR Bond.

I wonder if any of you have suddenly had this too. The one currently talking to me claims to be a young lady from Hong Kong who's a fashion designer sent to Milan for tips (doesn't speak Italian though) and keeps telling me about her amazing hobby of cryptocurrency. Seems to be ready to spend every waking minute of her day sending me messages. Responds as quickly as any bot. I wonder how far I can string the person along before he/she realises I'm not going to hand over a penny. Maybe I can try and get "her" to perform stunts for me, such as show me video of her playing the piano (she says she plays the piano and ukulele). Maybe I'll even get her to sing Warburton's Blue Army.

It's my life long ambition to get one of these scammers to send me money. Try and turn the tables, it blows their minds.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 00:15 - Nov 9 with 3112 viewsBoston

Something similar here. The pictures they sent me in bathing suits were interesting.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 08:46 - Nov 9 with 2980 viewsslmrstid

I didn't invest in the bond, but frequently get FX and crypto scam-bots popping up in my message requests on Instagram.

They all get ignored.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 13:44 - Nov 26 with 2640 viewsJeff

Just of follow up on this, got confirmation from Tifosi of my bond application being complete and they've issued me with a certificate for my holding, so assume others will be getting the same shortly

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 13:44 - Nov 26 with 2632 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 13:44 - Nov 26 by Jeff

Just of follow up on this, got confirmation from Tifosi of my bond application being complete and they've issued me with a certificate for my holding, so assume others will be getting the same shortly

Same here Jeff.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:18 - Nov 26 with 2561 viewssaxbend

Here we go then. The Bonds are officially issued. But I downloaded my certificate and it looks weird. The information specific to the certificate and the bonds is left blank and there's a scattering of text characters across the middle. Anyone else's certificate looking at all strange? I've emailed Tifosy to ask them to look into it.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Tifosy got back to me and sent me another copy after they said they couldn't recreate the problem. Displays just as oddly in thunderbird, but properly in Adobe Acrobat Reader and in Google Drive after I reuploaded it there. Also displays fine in drive from my phone, but not in Acrobat Reader for Android. I also downloaded another copy on the website from my PC and it displayed fine there.

So it seems the certificate is not universally legible on every PDF reader.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 14:44]
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:46 - Nov 26 with 2498 viewsdannyblue

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:18 - Nov 26 by saxbend

Here we go then. The Bonds are officially issued. But I downloaded my certificate and it looks weird. The information specific to the certificate and the bonds is left blank and there's a scattering of text characters across the middle. Anyone else's certificate looking at all strange? I've emailed Tifosy to ask them to look into it.

Curiouser and curiouser...

Tifosy got back to me and sent me another copy after they said they couldn't recreate the problem. Displays just as oddly in thunderbird, but properly in Adobe Acrobat Reader and in Google Drive after I reuploaded it there. Also displays fine in drive from my phone, but not in Acrobat Reader for Android. I also downloaded another copy on the website from my PC and it displayed fine there.

So it seems the certificate is not universally legible on every PDF reader.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 14:44]

Mine looks similar
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:55 - Nov 26 with 2475 viewsBoston

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 13:44 - Nov 26 by Jeff

Indeed, a lot of us are certifiable.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 12:41 - Mar 4 with 2015 viewsJeff

Just got my shiny lapel Pin through the post...

Can we not knock it?

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:46 - Mar 8 with 1735 viewsBoston

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 12:41 - Mar 4 by Jeff

Just got my shiny lapel Pin through the post...

My delivered yesterday, very nice. When did badges become pins?

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 11:58 - Mar 8 with 1653 viewstoboboly

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:46 - Mar 8 by Boston

My delivered yesterday, very nice. When did badges become pins?

Call them buttons in the US don't they? Found that very confusing the first few times!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 13:33 - Mar 8 with 1587 viewsBoston

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 11:58 - Mar 8 by toboboly

Call them buttons in the US don't they? Found that very confusing the first few times!

Now you’ve got me going, milk chocolate buttons, uuum.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 05:25 - Mar 11 with 1296 viewssuperhoopdownunder

It was a nice surprise to receive a letter from Lee Hoos at the club today thanking me for investing in the QPR Bonds and explaining next steps (3% club credit, interest payment, name on bondholders plaque at the new training ground and booking hospitality)
They also gave me a lovely bondholder lapel pin.

Receiving this, seeing the news on Chelscum and the sun shining here in Australia it has been a beautiful day.

U R's
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 5:27]
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:49 - Mar 18 with 1115 viewsfrancisbowles

No 'buttons' arrived here. Does everyone get the basic pin or did you have to invest a certain amount?
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 11:51 - Mar 18 with 1042 viewsQPR_Hibs

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 10:49 - Mar 18 by francisbowles

No 'buttons' arrived here. Does everyone get the basic pin or did you have to invest a certain amount?

To get a lapel pin you had to invest:

White (£1,000+)
A limited edition white QPR Bondholder lapel pin

Blue (£5,000+);
A limited edition Blue QPR Bondholder lapel pin.

Bronze (£10,000+)
A limited edition Bronze QPR Bondholder lapel pin.

Silver (£20,000+)
A limited edition Silver QPR Bondholder lapel pin.

Gold (£100,000+)
A limited edition Gold QPR Bondholder lapel pin.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:37 - Mar 18 with 942 viewsBoston

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 11:51 - Mar 18 by QPR_Hibs

White (£1,000+)

Blue (£5,000+);

Bronze (£10,000+)

Silver (£20,000+)

Gold (£100,000+)

Oh bollox, I unwittingly contributed to a class system.

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:42 - Mar 18 with 933 viewsfrancisbowles

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:37 - Mar 18 by Boston

Oh bollox, I unwittingly contributed to a class system.

Thanks guys. Mrs FB and me invested £1k but between us, so that explains why no pin.
QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:55 - Mar 18 with 926 viewsderbyhoop

White (£1,000+)

Blue (£5,000+);

Bronze (£10,000+)

Silver (£20,000+)

Gold (£100,000+)

Own up.who's got a gold one?

Or even a bronze?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR Bond - thoughts from those with expertise? on 14:57 - Mar 18 with 923 viewsderbyhoop

White (£1,000+)

Blue (£5,000+);

Bronze (£10,000+)

Silver (£20,000+)

Gold (£100,000+)

Own up.who's got a gold one?

Or even a bronze?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024