Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Gray 17:30 - Oct 2 with 19205 viewsPetros

Nah.
Andre Gray on 17:33 - Oct 2 with 7871 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Minutes per goal is good but I prefer Charlie
Andre Gray on 17:35 - Oct 2 with 7818 viewsted_hendrix

Think he'll be fine, there's a good footballer in there and an asset to our squad, I never know who to start with Austin or Gray.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Andre Gray on 17:38 - Oct 2 with 7785 viewsT_Block

Give him a chance.
What are his strengths and weaknesses then?

Nah is a shit criticism
Andre Gray on 17:39 - Oct 2 with 7763 viewsrsonist

Hasn't really been in the wrong when cutting a frustrated figure though has he? Not much reason to come off the fence just yet.
Andre Gray on 18:01 - Oct 2 with 7639 viewsW12Mikey

We don’t seem to have found the right way to use his strengths. Today he often started to make a run but team mates didn’t play the through ball soon enough. Maybe they thought he wasn’t in enough space.
Andre Gray on 18:03 - Oct 2 with 7614 viewsHAYESBOY

Its a long season, we will need 3 good strikers at this level to compete.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Andre Gray on 18:31 - Oct 2 with 7404 viewsPetros

Andre Gray on 17:38 - Oct 2 by T_Block

Give him a chance.
What are his strengths and weaknesses then?

Nah is a shit criticism

Weaknesses: looks unfit, overweight, slow, not strong on the ball, positionally naive, mistimes his runs, poor body language.
Strengths: None.
Andre Gray on 18:42 - Oct 2 with 7323 viewsloftboy

Andre Gray on 18:31 - Oct 2 by Petros

Weaknesses: looks unfit, overweight, slow, not strong on the ball, positionally naive, mistimes his runs, poor body language.

Not a fan then!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Gray on 18:45 - Oct 2 with 7294 viewsPetros

Andre Gray on 18:42 - Oct 2 by loftboy

Not a fan then!

Amazed anyone thinks otherwise. But happy to be proved wrong etc etc.
Andre Gray on 18:45 - Oct 2 with 7288 viewsRed_Ranger

I would have been so great if he put that header away today.
Andre Gray on 18:58 - Oct 2 with 7201 viewsParkRoyalR

You missed 'flat-footed' - would never have passed his army medical!

Playing him as 2nd striker today and making Willock play LWB was an unnecessary risk that nearly lost us that game.
Andre Gray on 19:00 - Oct 2 with 7176 viewsHoopstar

Not impressed with him at all today but we have seen flashes of his potential.

Had one first half that fell to him but woeful control let him down. Was a good run to create space and decent cross for our first to be fair to him.

Thing that annoyed me most was his always being on his heels when staying up for the set pieces and not tracking back to harry them when the ball breaks. Does like a tad overweight but definitely not a write off yet by any stretch from a football perspective at least.
Andre Gray on 19:40 - Oct 2 with 6974 viewsMrSheen

I see a player who’s faster off the mark and across the ground than Austin or Dykes, though not as good a finisher than one, and not as good in the air as the other. Much happier to roam the width of the pitch and make holes for midfield runners, while the other two make the middle congested. He’s offside a lot, but if the ball carriers won’t release it early to him, hardly surprising. Not a great fit so far, but hopefully that will improve. Can’t see the point of getting on his back, particularly as Charlie definitely isn’t going to play every game.
Andre Gray on 19:57 - Oct 2 with 6871 viewsWatfordR

Andre Gray on 19:40 - Oct 2 by MrSheen

I see a player who’s faster off the mark and across the ground than Austin or Dykes, though not as good a finisher than one, and not as good in the air as the other. Much happier to roam the width of the pitch and make holes for midfield runners, while the other two make the middle congested. He’s offside a lot, but if the ball carriers won’t release it early to him, hardly surprising. Not a great fit so far, but hopefully that will improve. Can’t see the point of getting on his back, particularly as Charlie definitely isn’t going to play every game.

Isn't the point of the front three that they will share the workload?

I can't believe that anyone feels we'd be better off with only Charlie and Lyndon to choose from. Fair enough, Bonne is scoring goals at a lower level, but Gray offers a bit of pace that will create a little more space for Chair and Willock. I don't think for example that Lyndon or Charlie would have scored that goal at West Brom.

I'd also agree that Gray makes runs that take him offside when the through ball doesn't come, but that isn't his fault.

I'm really pleased he's onboard.
Andre Gray on 19:58 - Oct 2 with 6860 viewsHayesender

Took me a while to realise he was even on the pitch today, but at the end of the day we've won, so I'm happy

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Andre Gray on 20:05 - Oct 2 with 6818 viewsbongo_king

Andre Gray on 19:40 - Oct 2 by MrSheen

This. He's coming into a team with a certain system and style of play, arguably not a fit with what he's used to. But his movement and pace offer an important options to counter the high press and provide an alternative to the "play football in front of them" that we sometimes did when losing last season. Hopefully timing of these runs will get better as he integrates. Plus yes we'll never make the season with just Dykes and Austin, and you can't fault Gray for effort so far. All that said, I couldn't quite understand why he started today ahead of Austin against a dark arts and largely defensive PNE.
Andre Gray on 20:13 - Oct 2 with 6758 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Give the boy a chance. He just needs a good talking to from his missus and he'll be fine.
Andre Gray on 20:15 - Oct 2 with 6734 viewsrsonist

Andre Gray on 19:57 - Oct 2 by WatfordR

Isn't the point of the front three that they will share the workload?

I can't believe that anyone feels we'd be better off with only Charlie and Lyndon to choose from. Fair enough, Bonne is scoring goals at a lower level, but Gray offers a bit of pace that will create a little more space for Chair and Willock. I don't think for example that Lyndon or Charlie would have scored that goal at West Brom.

I'd also agree that Gray makes runs that take him offside when the through ball doesn't come, but that isn't his fault.

I'm really pleased he's onboard.

Somehow doubt anyone already getting on Gray's back wasn't previously on Bonne's too...
Andre Gray on 20:16 - Oct 2 with 6725 viewssaxbend

Could be worse. Could be Deeney. We definitely haven't seen the best of Gray yet and we've already got two goals out of him. We'll need every player in the squad over the course od the season. Even Rob Hulse contributed a couple of goals in 2010/11 and I like to think Gray will do a lot more than that at least.
Andre Gray on 20:24 - Oct 2 with 6665 viewsstevec

Not sure why Gray is playing right on the shoulder of the defender, we don’t play a lot of one touch football so it’s inevitable he’ll keep running offside.
Andre Gray on 20:26 - Oct 2 with 6649 viewsThe_Beast1976

I'm with you. Looks a v poor player indeed
Andre Gray on 20:32 - Oct 2 with 6624 viewsMrSheen

Andre Gray on 20:24 - Oct 2 by stevec

Not sure why Gray is playing right on the shoulder of the defender, we don’t play a lot of one touch football so it’s inevitable he’ll keep running offside.

Not so far, but that’s like asking why someone buys a coffee pot when they’ve got a full box of teabags. You can have both.
Andre Gray on 20:47 - Oct 2 with 6539 viewsdavman

Be careful criticising underperforming strikers on here, the masses get very precious about it even if the facts are there. As some have said, Gray looks for the ball over the top because that's his game, but unfortunately that hasn't been a game we've been used to playing, so that ball doesn't come that often.

Although he didn't have a great game, there were at least signs that he and Dykes were looking for each other more than the other times we have played two up front this season. Did enough for me to not be written off just yet...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Andre Gray on 20:47 - Oct 2 with 6539 viewsDieByYourSide

Andre Gray on 18:01 - Oct 2 by W12Mikey

We don’t seem to have found the right way to use his strengths. Today he often started to make a run but team mates didn’t play the through ball soon enough. Maybe they thought he wasn’t in enough space.

Yep, he was making runs but the ball wasn't getting released. Different option and might just take a bit of time for teammates to get on the same wavelength as him.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Andre Gray on 21:06 - Oct 2 with 6480 viewsCamberleyR

Good to see the old message board tradition of writing someone off after no time at all is alive and well. He's played a total of 300 minutes in a Rangers shirt

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024