Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle takeover 20:02 - Oct 7 with 20292 viewsdigswellhoop

Any one feel for steve bruce not what fans wanted but done a job Ashley's done what he said he would any sympathy there
Newcastle takeover on 12:09 - Oct 8 with 2497 viewsJuzzie

Newcastle takeover on 11:23 - Oct 8 by loftboy

All these billionaires buying clubs to soak in the glory’s of winning the PL, thing is only one can win it each year, surely having 6-7 teams owned by billionaires is going to lead to the same situation as when the clubs were owned by millionaires?

Yup and player transfers/salaries and fan ticket prices/tv subscriptions just go up all the time for the same parity.
Newcastle takeover on 12:26 - Oct 8 with 2454 viewssaxbend

Another chance to see whether FFP (or Profit and Sustainability or whatever they're calling it these days) applies at the top end of the financial scale as well as at the bottom. In principle a takeover by billionaires should only mean that Newcastle can afford to stay in business if their finances take a big hit. They shouldn't be allowed to suspend more money than they bring in through football revenue even if their owners have plenty to throw at them. But that never stops Man City or Chelsea so here we go again.
Newcastle takeover on 15:04 - Oct 8 with 2315 viewsw7r

Newcastle takeover on 21:06 - Oct 7 by ScubaHoop

Say what you like about Mike Ashley but he's taken dogs abuse for 14 years and as far as I know he never had any of his critics killed, the new owners can't say the same. When they're not dismembering journalists, beating women with sticks for going out without a chaperone they are basking in the kudos owning a Premier League footballl club, nice.
The Saudi regime disgusts me and while I don't really blame the fans for being excited I'm appalled at the Premier league.

Second that.

I’d rather watch us play in the conference than resort to getting in to bed with those savages.

Spineless, money grabbing Premier League.

Shows you where Amanda Staveleys priorities lay.
Newcastle takeover on 15:46 - Oct 8 with 2275 viewsAirtomoreira

Expect to see a "Panorama exclusive" programme in 12 - 18 months, when some worms may be seen exiting some cans
Newcastle takeover on 16:00 - Oct 8 with 2244 viewsdoogi10

WE ALL KNOW THE SAUDI SITUATION HAS THEY ARE GOOD FRIENDS OF THE QUEEN.
WE SUPPLY THEM WITH ARMS AND THE GOVERMENT TURN A BLIND EYE.
BUT FOOTBALL HAS GOT TO QUESTION THIS ON MORAL GROUNDS.
Newcastle takeover on 16:17 - Oct 8 with 2216 viewsjoe90

My favourite Mike Ashley moment was when he visited a Sports Direct warehouse and put down about a grand in cash in the valuables tray next to the metal detector.

I think this takeover is all about the 90's coming back into fashion.
Newcastle takeover on 16:28 - Oct 8 with 2201 viewsCamberleyR

Newcastle takeover on 12:26 - Oct 8 by saxbend

Another chance to see whether FFP (or Profit and Sustainability or whatever they're calling it these days) applies at the top end of the financial scale as well as at the bottom. In principle a takeover by billionaires should only mean that Newcastle can afford to stay in business if their finances take a big hit. They shouldn't be allowed to suspend more money than they bring in through football revenue even if their owners have plenty to throw at them. But that never stops Man City or Chelsea so here we go again.

The Premier League clubs as a whole in 2019-20 lost just shy of a billion pounds (or BILLION as the old Final Score videprinter would have repeated it for emphasis) with Man City losing the second largest sum of £125m. Everton, 26 years and counting without a trophy, lost the largest sum of an eye watering £139.8m.

I've said it for ages but I truly cannot wait for the day, although it may be a while, when the whole Premier League house of cards comes crashing down and football can have some sort of reset.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-fi

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Newcastle takeover on 16:37 - Oct 8 with 2173 viewsMick_S

Newcastle takeover on 16:28 - Oct 8 by CamberleyR

The Premier League clubs as a whole in 2019-20 lost just shy of a billion pounds (or BILLION as the old Final Score videprinter would have repeated it for emphasis) with Man City losing the second largest sum of £125m. Everton, 26 years and counting without a trophy, lost the largest sum of an eye watering £139.8m.

I've said it for ages but I truly cannot wait for the day, although it may be a while, when the whole Premier League house of cards comes crashing down and football can have some sort of reset.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-fi

Me too, mate. Unfortunately, I think I know how it will be reset.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle takeover on 17:42 - Oct 8 with 2081 viewsNewhopphoops

I find it even more offensive that we sell them tanks and missile systems than not-actually-underperforming football clubs.

I suppose you can't blame the FA for finding the Saudis fit and proper if the government resumed arms sales to them, after Liz Truss came to the conclusion that their breaches of the laws of war were only "isolated".

Right you are, far be it from this government to miss the opportunity to straighten the balance book from hell after the USA, Italy, Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands etc end or suspend sales.

QPR would not be getting any of my time or money with owners like that. There are other sports out there, and we wonder where all the 20- and 30-something fans are when football has shown for 20 years how happy it is to be zipped up by such utter cünts?
Newcastle takeover on 18:12 - Oct 8 with 2032 viewscharmr

Finney often mentions on the podcast how he sits on his own. There used to be a whole row of us who all sat there. I moved away, the others got fed up with the club and it’s drama and never went back. Proper rangers fans as well.

As soon as the habit and enjoyment are broken it’s hard to get them back.

Yes fans do leave when they feel disconnected with the club.

If a group like the Saudi consortium took over Rangers I’d be done.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2021 18:15]
Newcastle takeover on 19:10 - Oct 8 with 1968 viewspaulparker

I bet the likes of Man City, Man Utd, PSG ,Chelsea , Real, Barca are delighted with the news
This means they can unload all their overpaid crap to Newcastle
You just watch the SKY Sports transfer deadline vvankathon next January
I guarantee you will see the likes of Barkley, Mata , Courtinho, all heading to the toon

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Newcastle takeover on 19:16 - Oct 8 with 1957 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I said to my son the other day that I hadn't seen a premiership goal this season. Just have zero interest. I am also a lapsed QPR supporter and attend Hampton and Richmond home and some away games. I am probably a hopeless romantic but it feels so genuine. Blokes on £150 a week giving their all. In my heart I will always be QPR and find myself increasingly wanting to get back there. This current set up is the best we gave had in years and the community work is outstanding. Long may we settle on the moral high ground. The Saudi state owning a British club is wrong on so many levels but as other posters have said is legitimised by the governments selling of arms.
Newcastle takeover on 20:28 - Oct 8 with 1869 viewsTomS

I've been wondering about the motivation for such an investment. It's not going to generate a profit.

I can only conclude that it's an attempt to buy goodwill in the hearts and minds of football supporters for the Saudi regime, sorry, "investment fund". I don't want your money baby, I want your love.

That may backfire as all non Newcastle supporters are repulsed by this. It's a massive own goal by the Premiership as it highlights in spectacular fashion that they couldn't be arsed conducting a fit and proper person test as long as multi millions were introduced into the league. It is disgusting on every level.
Newcastle takeover on 21:17 - Oct 8 with 1800 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

All those wacky Geordies with tea towels on their heads! Best fans in the world, you know.
Newcastle takeover on 21:52 - Oct 8 with 1762 viewsdistortR

Will the new paid employees of the saudi public investment fund take the knee?
That will be quite ridiculous.
Newcastle takeover on 01:18 - Oct 9 with 1660 viewsBoston

Newcastle takeover on 10:27 - Oct 8 by ted_hendrix

I'm delighted we are sponsored by a concrete supplying Company having spent my working life in the construction industry.

All you can do is protest in your own way the best you can, I promise you this I will not absolutely will not watch one world cup game next year, small minded? maybe but those f uckers over there have been killing poorly paid labour since the stadiums started to get built.

As for the Geordies- please God let them get relegated and have an awful-awful season.

All you can do is protest in your own way the best you can.

Upvote...for the first paragraph.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Newcastle takeover on 07:37 - Oct 9 with 1564 viewsstowmarketrange

Newcastle takeover on 21:17 - Oct 8 by Ghost_on_the_Westway

All those wacky Geordies with tea towels on their heads! Best fans in the world, you know.

I have a few Geordie mates and they seem to acting like Scousers at the minute.They seem to be saying that people are only against the Saudi takeover because it’s the geordies being taken over,and that people didn’t moan about Chelshite,Man City or PSG.
They seem to have forgotten about the public executions and the state funded murder of its citizens abroad as its ok because Ashley has gone.
There is even one post doing the rounds on fb about how they’ve got their club back at last.And that it’s not about signing top class players either.I can’t wait for the protests outside the ground when another £50 million player signs for them.
Newcastle takeover on 07:48 - Oct 9 with 1542 viewsdistortR

Newcastle takeover on 07:37 - Oct 9 by stowmarketrange

I have a few Geordie mates and they seem to acting like Scousers at the minute.They seem to be saying that people are only against the Saudi takeover because it’s the geordies being taken over,and that people didn’t moan about Chelshite,Man City or PSG.
They seem to have forgotten about the public executions and the state funded murder of its citizens abroad as its ok because Ashley has gone.
There is even one post doing the rounds on fb about how they’ve got their club back at last.And that it’s not about signing top class players either.I can’t wait for the protests outside the ground when another £50 million player signs for them.

i know, saying you've 'got your club back' on being taken over by the saudi public investment fund is deluded, imho.

And said p.i.f is supposed to be about diversifying the economy for a post-carbon future, not really sure buying a football club is a particularly good investment, unless it's a vehicle for something else.

edit - just seen Tom made this latter point earlier.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 9:00]
Newcastle takeover on 07:53 - Oct 9 with 1536 viewsdmm

All other 19 clubs united are in opposition to the Newcastle takeover but it's too late as the deal has gone through: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/08/angry-premier-league-clubs-dema

It's not only the EFL that's incompetent, it's the Premier League as well. What's happened to Johnson's football reforms following the European Super League? Nothing. We need a German-style football club ownership model and a complete reset of football league governance.
Newcastle takeover on 08:06 - Oct 9 with 1522 viewsQPR_John

Newcastle takeover on 07:53 - Oct 9 by dmm

All other 19 clubs united are in opposition to the Newcastle takeover but it's too late as the deal has gone through: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/oct/08/angry-premier-league-clubs-dema

It's not only the EFL that's incompetent, it's the Premier League as well. What's happened to Johnson's football reforms following the European Super League? Nothing. We need a German-style football club ownership model and a complete reset of football league governance.

Well that’s hardly surprising that the other 19 Premier League clubs are against the deal and i do not think it’s for the reasons put forward in this thread.
Newcastle takeover on 08:22 - Oct 9 with 1507 viewsessextaxiboy

Newcastle takeover on 20:28 - Oct 8 by TomS

I've been wondering about the motivation for such an investment. It's not going to generate a profit.

I can only conclude that it's an attempt to buy goodwill in the hearts and minds of football supporters for the Saudi regime, sorry, "investment fund". I don't want your money baby, I want your love.

That may backfire as all non Newcastle supporters are repulsed by this. It's a massive own goal by the Premiership as it highlights in spectacular fashion that they couldn't be arsed conducting a fit and proper person test as long as multi millions were introduced into the league. It is disgusting on every level.

Exactly, its an exercise in cleaning the Saudi " brand" . What the Newcastle fans dont get is that the dirt is washing off onto them . Ashley has smeared crap on the wall before leaving .
Newcastle takeover on 08:36 - Oct 9 with 1485 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My favourite Twitter post so far was the man who is a huuuuuuge Town fan but, sadly, hasn't been able to attend on moral grounds for the last fourteen years. It's a dream come true for him now to finally be able to return to St. James' Park and to bring his ten-year old son to his first ever game....now that the moral question has been resolved!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Newcastle takeover on 08:50 - Oct 9 with 1459 viewsstowmarketrange

Newcastle takeover on 08:36 - Oct 9 by BrianMcCarthy

My favourite Twitter post so far was the man who is a huuuuuuge Town fan but, sadly, hasn't been able to attend on moral grounds for the last fourteen years. It's a dream come true for him now to finally be able to return to St. James' Park and to bring his ten-year old son to his first ever game....now that the moral question has been resolved!

One of my mates stopped going a few years back because he was fed up with the fcb running their club.He will no doubt be returning at the first opportunity.
It has to be bad when they’d prefer a Saudi to a cockney from Walsall.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 8:51]
Newcastle takeover on 09:01 - Oct 9 with 1436 viewsdistortR

Newcastle takeover on 08:36 - Oct 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Where do you go with that
Newcastle takeover on 09:25 - Oct 9 with 1410 viewsBostonR

Only one club can win the PL and Champions League each season. This investment will spell the end of the PL and I expect Super League MK2 to be proposed with play-offs etc.
Arsenal,Spurs,Everton and Utd will get no where near the title in 2/3 yrs time - they are done. The top 20 clubs in Europe should feck-off and set up their Mecca and eat themselves within 10 yrs.
English football can re-set itself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024