Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes, Scotland 17:53 - Oct 9 with 13133 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

He smashed it hard down the middle and the keeper just stood his ground and saved it with his legs. To be honest his penalty technique has worried me from the start….does this mean that keepers have now worked him out?

He never goes for the corner.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 17:55 - Oct 9 with 5358 viewsQPR_Hibs

A very poor penalty from Lyndon.

Scotland scored 10 out of 10 penalties in their last 2 shootouts so that's doubly annoying.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 17:57 - Oct 9 with 5343 viewsQPRSteve

Getting pelters for his part in Israel's second goal too.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 18:01 - Oct 9 with 5320 viewsolderR

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 17:57 - Oct 9 by QPRSteve

Getting pelters for his part in Israel's second goal too.

Thought that a little harsh he seemed to be with three of their players at the back post.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 18:05 - Oct 9 with 5294 viewsNoelmc

Both Israel goals from free kicks that were needlessly conceded just outside the box. No need for the defenders to make those challenges.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 18:16 - Oct 9 with 5244 viewsPhilothesuperhoop

…and then he scores a cracker!
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 18:16 - Oct 9 with 5241 viewsQPRSteve

Dykes scores!
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 18:18 - Oct 9 with 5218 viewsHantsR

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 18:16 - Oct 9 by QPRSteve

Dykes scores!

VAR was an anxious moment but allowed - correct decision imo
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 18:20 - Oct 9 with 5202 viewsBedford_R

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 18:18 - Oct 9 by HantsR

VAR was an anxious moment but allowed - correct decision imo

Dykes doing kung fu...

RMH_R Reborn

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 18:20 - Oct 9 with 5195 viewsCamberleyR

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 17:55 - Oct 9 by QPR_Hibs

A very poor penalty from Lyndon.

Scotland scored 10 out of 10 penalties in their last 2 shootouts so that's doubly annoying.

I think keepers have worked him out. He doesn't seem to vary at all from leathering it down the middle and the Israeli keeper just waited. His equaliser though was brilliant technique.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 18:20 - Oct 9 with 5193 viewsQPR_Hibs

This is like watching QPR. Brilliant attacking play but a bit open at the back.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 18:33 - Oct 9 with 5106 viewsNewhopphoops

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 19:03 - Oct 9 with 4952 viewsSonofpugwash

Got the equaliser though and Scotland score the winner in ET - McTominay.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 19:16 - Oct 9 with 4890 viewsGloryHunter

The commentary I had said that Dykes' yellow card would give him a ban for the Faroes game - which would be good for us. But wasn't his yellow card for a high foot - which must have been over-ruled by VAR if the goal was then given?
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 19:26 - Oct 9 with 4834 viewsQPR_Hibs

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 19:16 - Oct 9 by GloryHunter

The commentary I had said that Dykes' yellow card would give him a ban for the Faroes game - which would be good for us. But wasn't his yellow card for a high foot - which must have been over-ruled by VAR if the goal was then given?

Pretty sure the yellow was withdrawn.

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 21:08 - Oct 9 with 4547 viewsDavieQPR

He becomes only the second Scot to score in 3 consecutive World Cup qualifiers after Mo Johnston.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 22:03 - Oct 9 with 4398 viewsJamesB1979

He’s got so much character Dykes. He may miss chances and penalties but he doesn’t hide and he’s back there again trying to win the game for his team. Type of character we need at QPR.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 22:20 - Oct 9 with 4334 viewsLazyFan

Yellow does not count, he gave the ref thumbs-up when the ref told him it did not count.

Now he's missed it down the middle, I am hoping he will never do that again. Useful for us if we ever get a penalty again ... ever.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 22:54 - Oct 9 with 4232 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 22:20 - Oct 9 by LazyFan

Yellow does not count, he gave the ref thumbs-up when the ref told him it did not count.

Now he's missed it down the middle, I am hoping he will never do that again. Useful for us if we ever get a penalty again ... ever.

He absolutely should put it down the middle next time too.

Just make sure it goes in this time ;)

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 23:06 - Oct 9 with 4198 viewsdanehoop

We have chosen wisely in Dykes. He will keep getting better and has so much character. Think he is coming in leaps and bounds at the moment, working with Charlie and the coaches we have is paying dividends for not only his skills, but also his self confidence. I have a suspicion that he seems to have put on half a yard of pace to his game recently, but that might just be the improvement in his positioning.

Never knowingly understood

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 23:57 - Oct 9 with 4100 viewsdavman

As you all know, he is growing on me, but the two penalty shoot outs we've had in the cup show that there are loads more better takers at the club.

No way should he be our pen taker - nowhere near good enough.

Discuss...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 00:16 - Oct 10 with 4070 viewsT_Block

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 23:06 - Oct 9 by danehoop

We have chosen wisely in Dykes. He will keep getting better and has so much character. Think he is coming in leaps and bounds at the moment, working with Charlie and the coaches we have is paying dividends for not only his skills, but also his self confidence. I have a suspicion that he seems to have put on half a yard of pace to his game recently, but that might just be the improvement in his positioning.

Yes agreed spot-on
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 00:36 - Oct 10 with 4042 viewsLythamR

positioning is improving. in the Scotland game he moved across as the play developed for Scotlands first goal and took up a great position which made a pass a good option for McGinn and the defender in front of McGinn was aware of it which may well have helped McGinn with the angle for the shot.

So pleased for him when his goal was eventually given after being ruled out initially for a high foot
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 02:33 - Oct 10 with 3947 viewsBoston

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 22:03 - Oct 9 by JamesB1979

He’s got so much character Dykes. He may miss chances and penalties but he doesn’t hide and he’s back there again trying to win the game for his team. Type of character we need at QPR.

Big fcking Scots Australian, we've got a big fcking Scots Australian...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 05:26 - Oct 10 with 3877 viewsnix

I wonder if they've been specifically working on pace in the team because I think Chair has added a bit of pace to his game, maybe he had it before over the first five metres but now he's running half the length of the pitch. And Amos, who always had a bit of pace, now looks like a gazelle.
Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 08:12 - Oct 10 with 3742 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dykes has just missed a pen for Scotland on 23:57 - Oct 9 by davman

As you all know, he is growing on me, but the two penalty shoot outs we've had in the cup show that there are loads more better takers at the club.

No way should he be our pen taker - nowhere near good enough.

Discuss...

Very small sample sizes, davman. The players you're talking about have only taken one or two penos each.

I think these things are also decided in training. Happy to trust the management on this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024