Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rail Seating Survey - Update 12:08 - Oct 13 with 4984 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/rail-seating-survey-update-131021/

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:17 - Oct 13 with 3097 viewsdmm

The lower loft is far and away the most popular fans choice for rail seating. I understand why but what about the kids? They'll struggle to see the game with adults standing in front of them. Perhaps a step could be included in the rail seating so they could get a higher view.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:26 - Oct 13 with 3069 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:17 - Oct 13 by dmm

The lower loft is far and away the most popular fans choice for rail seating. I understand why but what about the kids? They'll struggle to see the game with adults standing in front of them. Perhaps a step could be included in the rail seating so they could get a higher view.

I’d imagine this will mean the family stand being moved? Or scrapped?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:37 - Oct 13 with 3022 viewsstowmarketrange

While I voted for it in the survey,would people be happy to have a lower capacity because there are less seats in the rail seating area?
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:39 - Oct 13 with 3012 viewslangtoft

I may get pelters for this and I've only just been thinking about it but it may be worth considering rail seating on the end/ two end blocks of the upper and lower loft, ellerslie and paddocks (given large numbers seem to stand in those areas anyway) retaining traditional seating in the middle. Atmosphere increases at either end off each stand and may increase noise from middle seats too and those wishing to sit (and see) can do so as well. And it you like one particular 'end' then you have a choice as you can sit/ stand in all. Right enough ruminating - better do some work!
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 12:40]
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:40 - Oct 13 with 3006 viewswombat

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:37 - Oct 13 by stowmarketrange

While I voted for it in the survey,would people be happy to have a lower capacity because there are less seats in the rail seating area?

Loft is perfect place for it , one way of doing it would be to have say the outer blocks as safe standing and allowing the blocks in the middle as seats still , any families in the outer blocks could move more central , not perfect but prob better than the whole lower loft being made safe standing

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:59 - Oct 13 with 2940 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:39 - Oct 13 by langtoft

I may get pelters for this and I've only just been thinking about it but it may be worth considering rail seating on the end/ two end blocks of the upper and lower loft, ellerslie and paddocks (given large numbers seem to stand in those areas anyway) retaining traditional seating in the middle. Atmosphere increases at either end off each stand and may increase noise from middle seats too and those wishing to sit (and see) can do so as well. And it you like one particular 'end' then you have a choice as you can sit/ stand in all. Right enough ruminating - better do some work!

I was thinking back 10 rows or so of R block. Same reason as you say as people stand there a lot anyway. Otherwise are people expected to move to the new standing section from these areas?

Upper Loft might not be ideal because of the low roof? Especially at the back. Not sure leaving the middle lower loft as seating would work either as people sitting on the edge of it would possibly have their view blocked by the people standing.

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 13:10 - Oct 13 with 2887 viewsstowmarketrange

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:39 - Oct 13 by langtoft

I think the atmosphere increases as more people follow the singing coming from the standing areas in Q,P and R blocks.And X and Y too.
The family stand should never have put behind the goal anyway,and should’ve been put in the paddocks,with a pvc roof to keep the fans dry.They could get close to the players warming up and leaving the pitch at the end of the game,to get autographs,photos and shirts.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 14:13 - Oct 13 with 2741 viewsdaveB

never mind the kids what about the adults who are either too old to stand for 90 minutes or don't want to. Is a shame, group i've sat with for the last 15 years will have to split up as we won't all be able to do the safe standing. At least 2 have said they won't be coming anymore if they have to move but if this is what the majority want I suppose it's a good thing
Login to get fewer ads

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 14:14 - Oct 13 with 2740 viewsdaveB

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 12:40 - Oct 13 by wombat

Loft is perfect place for it , one way of doing it would be to have say the outer blocks as safe standing and allowing the blocks in the middle as seats still , any families in the outer blocks could move more central , not perfect but prob better than the whole lower loft being made safe standing

Thats not an option, it's the whole stand or nothing
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 14:15 - Oct 13 with 2734 viewsdaveB

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 13:10 - Oct 13 by stowmarketrange

I think the atmosphere increases as more people follow the singing coming from the standing areas in Q,P and R blocks.And X and Y too.
The family stand should never have put behind the goal anyway,and should’ve been put in the paddocks,with a pvc roof to keep the fans dry.They could get close to the players warming up and leaving the pitch at the end of the game,to get autographs,photos and shirts.

Family stand was put there due top the facilities rather than position in the stadium.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 14:45 - Oct 13 with 2693 viewsNorthernr

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 14:14 - Oct 13 by daveB

Thats not an option, it's the whole stand or nothing

Why is that the case Dave? At Shrewsbury and Spurs they've made sections within a stand rail seating. Don't see why the same couldn't happen in LL.

Must say I'm slightly surprised it's come out the way it has, probably through nostalgia and because most people don't sit there. You could change R and X block to rail seating tomorrow and it wouldn't make any difference as they all stand up anyway.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:02 - Oct 13 with 2641 viewsdaveB

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 14:45 - Oct 13 by Northernr

Why is that the case Dave? At Shrewsbury and Spurs they've made sections within a stand rail seating. Don't see why the same couldn't happen in LL.

Must say I'm slightly surprised it's come out the way it has, probably through nostalgia and because most people don't sit there. You could change R and X block to rail seating tomorrow and it wouldn't make any difference as they all stand up anyway.

Thats what the group behind this are campaigning for, they have got this far so not sure why they would change now

What follows now will be a mass relocation around the stadium, if you just add rail seating with those of us currently there then nothing changes really so you need people from the R block, Q Block and P block to move to the lower loft and other parts of Ellerslie otherwise it's a bit pointless

My own personal view has always been the atmosphere is dependent on having a good team, you could have everyone stood together in the most atmospheric stand in the world but if the team is shit and losing to Doncaster the atmosphere will remain shit
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:04 - Oct 13 with 2633 viewsNorthernr

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:02 - Oct 13 by daveB

Thats what the group behind this are campaigning for, they have got this far so not sure why they would change now

What follows now will be a mass relocation around the stadium, if you just add rail seating with those of us currently there then nothing changes really so you need people from the R block, Q Block and P block to move to the lower loft and other parts of Ellerslie otherwise it's a bit pointless

My own personal view has always been the atmosphere is dependent on having a good team, you could have everyone stood together in the most atmospheric stand in the world but if the team is shit and losing to Doncaster the atmosphere will remain shit

Hmmm, I'd think the more likely outcome would be the two blocks to the right of the goal (Ellerslie Road side) go rail seating, to meld in with the P Q and R blocks, and the ones on the other side near SAR stay seating, so at least relocation is only from blocks on the right to blocks on the left.

But yes I presume you'd then get people who are currently in R and X moving there, and how 'family friendly' that's going to be I'm not sure.

Like I say, I'm amazed they haven't just whacked it into the back half of R and X straight away.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:05 - Oct 13 with 2629 viewsLanhoop

Yeah, I suspect that very few, if any, of the current LL crowd voted for rails for their seats.

R and X would have been the least disruptive places to put them. We'll see.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:06 - Oct 13 with 2619 viewsNorthernr

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:05 - Oct 13 by Lanhoop

Yeah, I suspect that very few, if any, of the current LL crowd voted for rails for their seats.

R and X would have been the least disruptive places to put them. We'll see.

TBF the survey says 75% of the people in the LL did vote for it. Or have I read that wrong?

Edit - I have read it wrong. Oooh it's hot today.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:08 - Oct 13 with 2615 viewsdaveB

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:04 - Oct 13 by Northernr

Hmmm, I'd think the more likely outcome would be the two blocks to the right of the goal (Ellerslie Road side) go rail seating, to meld in with the P Q and R blocks, and the ones on the other side near SAR stay seating, so at least relocation is only from blocks on the right to blocks on the left.

But yes I presume you'd then get people who are currently in R and X moving there, and how 'family friendly' that's going to be I'm not sure.

Like I say, I'm amazed they haven't just whacked it into the back half of R and X straight away.

I hope I'm wrong but the way I've read it all along has been they want to convert the whole stand
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:20 - Oct 13 with 2576 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:08 - Oct 13 by daveB

I hope I'm wrong but the way I've read it all along has been they want to convert the whole stand

I’d have thought there would be sightline issues with seats and standing. Unless seats were ahead of the standing or the seats were raised. Could be wrong.

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:49 - Oct 13 with 2504 viewsLanhoop

I suppose that if the vote is to mean anything then the 2736 people who voted for LL will have no choice to give up their current seats and move over there when there are rail seats installed?
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:51 - Oct 13 with 2495 viewsParkRoyalR

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 14:13 - Oct 13 by daveB

never mind the kids what about the adults who are either too old to stand for 90 minutes or don't want to. Is a shame, group i've sat with for the last 15 years will have to split up as we won't all be able to do the safe standing. At least 2 have said they won't be coming anymore if they have to move but if this is what the majority want I suppose it's a good thing

Never understand people who say they 'won't be coming anymore' - always just seems so narrow-minded + selfish - if it gives youngsters + teenagers the opportunity to stand + enjoy supporting the team like we had the opportunity to, I'd happily take the worst restricted view seat in the stadium.

I really hope the few don't spoil this opportunity for our younger fans.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 16:11 - Oct 13 with 2442 viewsdaveB

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 15:51 - Oct 13 by ParkRoyalR

Never understand people who say they 'won't be coming anymore' - always just seems so narrow-minded + selfish - if it gives youngsters + teenagers the opportunity to stand + enjoy supporting the team like we had the opportunity to, I'd happily take the worst restricted view seat in the stadium.

I really hope the few don't spoil this opportunity for our younger fans.

Good for you that you'd do that.

Everyone has different reasons for going to games and priorities. Some in the lower loft will like the extra leg room, the facilities like a bar and being close to the pitch and have been in that areas for 20+ years. For them moving to a new area away from friends and family won't be appealing and they'll stop going regularly. Group I go with a few have already sacked off midweek games due to travelling, won't take much to get rid of season tickets and just pick and choose games.

Main question I have is where are all these teenagers desperate to stand? has anyone checked they exist?

I've been to loads of games on terracing, the atmosphere is usually crap especially when it's uncovered as it will be in the lower loft. I think of recent trips to Griffin Park where the lower tier was basically what we'll have with safe standing, atmosphere absolutely dreadful every time even before things went wrong on the pitch.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 16:37 - Oct 13 with 2400 viewssevenhoop

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 13:10 - Oct 13 by stowmarketrange

totally agree. its almost criminal that we give the School end to large numbers who make a shitload of noise and we cram our loud people in two corners of Ellerslie where the noise undoubtedly gets dissipated and i have no doubt we've lost points due to lack of atmosphere behind the Loft, as it always was.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 16:40 - Oct 13 with 2392 viewsParkRoyalR

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 16:11 - Oct 13 by daveB

Everyone has different reasons for going to games and priorities. Some in the lower loft will like the extra leg room, the facilities like a bar and being close to the pitch and have been in that areas for 20+ years. For them moving to a new area away from friends and family won't be appealing and they'll stop going regularly. Group I go with a few have already sacked off midweek games due to travelling, won't take much to get rid of season tickets and just pick and choose games.

Main question I have is where are all these teenagers desperate to stand? has anyone checked they exist?

I've been to loads of games on terracing, the atmosphere is usually crap especially when it's uncovered as it will be in the lower loft. I think of recent trips to Griffin Park where the lower tier was basically what we'll have with safe standing, atmosphere absolutely dreadful every time even before things went wrong on the pitch.

Reading away was a decent turn-out for our much younger fanbase, which only came about due to the ticketing mess-up, and atmosphere was great as most stood the whole game.

Brentford's a bit odd as you're very low in that stand and spaced out, and it's never had much of atmosphere.

Rail seating could go in centre behind the goal in Lower Loft leaving seats either side, so existing season ticket holders might only be displaced by a block so match-day experience would be very similar.

Either way think club should be applauded forgiving this a go.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 17:35 - Oct 13 with 2309 viewsdaveB

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 16:40 - Oct 13 by ParkRoyalR

Reading away was a decent turn-out for our much younger fanbase, which only came about due to the ticketing mess-up, and atmosphere was great as most stood the whole game.

Brentford's a bit odd as you're very low in that stand and spaced out, and it's never had much of atmosphere.

Rail seating could go in centre behind the goal in Lower Loft leaving seats either side, so existing season ticket holders might only be displaced by a block so match-day experience would be very similar.

I've got reservations about safe standing, i don't think it will have the impact on atmosphere many are hoping long term, i think the novelty will wear off quite quickly but not against the idea and the club are right to look into if it is possible or not and it is good they are consulting supporters.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 18:00 - Oct 13 with 2262 viewsNorthernr

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 16:40 - Oct 13 by ParkRoyalR

"Reading away was a decent turn-out for our much younger fanbase, which only came about due to the ticketing mess-up, and atmosphere was great as most stood the whole game."

I get a bit chippy about this. Loyalty points were in use the following Tuesday at Bournemouth, the atmosphere was fcking great again, away end mostly standing. Same at West Brom, again loyalty points in use. The team's doing well, the away followings are big, the atmosphere is good.

I know this probably isn't what you're saying, I'm talking more generally, so I'm not having a go I promise but I'm not having this growing social media narrative that people who've been following this club home and particularly away for the last ten years or more, sitting through some absolute sht, particularly away from home, are now somehow a superflous load of old dinosaurs who sit down, don't sing, don't create an atmospehere and should get out of the way because there's 2,000 young lads who want to come and do all that. It's not fair, it's disrepsectful, it's not true, and if we were 16th in the table again, bringing Matt Smith on for the final 20 minutes to forlournley chase 2-0 deficits in every away game, then these debates/arguments wouldn't be taking place because I know exactly how few tickets we'd have sold for Peterborough and who it would be buying them.
Rail Seating Survey - Update on 18:10 - Oct 13 with 2245 viewsHAMRanger

Rail Seating Survey - Update on 16:11 - Oct 13 by daveB

I'm not a teenager and I would love to be able to stand in the Loft again. In the 80s etc I was a Loft Boy and hate that it is the family stand now. The stand behind the home goal should be where the vocal support is (my opinion). The R Block and more recently X Block have done a great job to create atmosphere. I go X Block now just because I know there will be singing and banter with the away fans!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024