Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer 18:12 - Oct 16 with 5780 viewsWestbourneR

Both Ste Jo and Chaz are just way way below the level they were playing at when on loan for us last year. It’s weird. Charlie in particular looks shot.

Wijs had a horrible game today.

And Field is of course badly injured.

4 key signings we really need to work out.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 18:41 - Oct 16 with 4561 viewsLowerloftLad

I thought Austin made a big difference Vs Preston.

Jo Jo absolutely bossed the Second half Vs Coventry and has played very well in other games.

Didn't watch today's game but we always seem to have a horror show when we go to Fulham.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 18:49 - Oct 16 with 4530 viewsSK_hoops

Didn't think Stef was THAT bad today. No one had an amazing game did they?

De Wijs has been pretty solid all season though hasn't he? He got bossed out the game by the best striker in this league by some stretch imo.

I too, am worried about Chaz's fitness. On the other hand he is more a get into the right place and score goals kind of player, which doesn't require as much fitness as say your Dykes and Grays. He was provided with next to no service today as our crossing was abysmal. I am sure this point has been made numerous times on here, but Albert would provide such good quality crosses for him, but the two of them have hardly been on the pitch at the same time.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2021 18:50]
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 18:54 - Oct 16 with 4499 viewsLazyFan

Dom Ball was out of his depth, to be fair no one has ever claimed he's a top-class midfielder and today it showed. As a result, JoJo was okay but on his own.

Chaz was way off the pace. Remember Austin had just come back from 2 weeks rest and did nothing. He was not in the game at all when he should have been running down everything.

Whereas Dykes came on and you saw the difference, he was hounding the Fulham defence totally.

Dunne also got exposed, but I think this is more to do with not playing with the others regularly. And also McCallum is class, as soon as he went off I thought we would be in trouble.

Dykes subs worked by the others made it worse. Our squad is just weak and when a team spends £8m on one player, then your team will struggle when its most expensive player only cost £2m. That's the difference in squads to see.

zzzzzzzzzz

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 19:35 - Oct 16 with 4370 viewsdaveB

Completely disagree. Johansson has been fine all season, not a huge difference to last year and Austin as well was fine today considering he has no support at all and not a single delivery to him in the box. He's not going to score if we don't put crosses in
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 19:42 - Oct 16 with 4331 viewsVancouverHoop

Dom Ball was out of his depth, to be fair no one has ever claimed he's a top-class midfielder and today it showed. As a result, JoJo was okay but on his own.

Yup. no way he should start against that level of opposition. As soon as he drew a card, which was inevitable, he became a passenger. But who else is available right now? It's Field's spot but he's clearly not fit yet.

Chaz was way off the pace. Remember Austin had just come back from 2 weeks rest and did nothing. He was not in the game at all when he should have been running down everything.

He's off the pace no doubt, but Willock was invisible in the first half, and Chair for the entire match.* Austin had nothing at all to feed off. Dykes, once again, made a difference not just with his goal but with the ground he was able to cover.

* Due mainly to Jojo ploughing a lonely furrow in midfield.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 19:53 - Oct 16 with 4282 viewspaulparker

SJ had to cover the awful ball all game and then had to cover the whole midfield
Austin had zero service the OP is way out of line imo
If your going to point fingers then
Dunne
Moses
Chair
Ball
We’re absolutely sh1t
Especially the right back he was terrible and we could of done with Adomah coming on second half
We lost the game in midfield today pure and simple

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 19:58 - Oct 16 with 4271 viewsWestonsuperR

I’ve seen a lot of criticism of Stef but I just don’t see it, he has been at least reasonable, especially when you consider fitness and an injury. Austin on the other hand I have serious concerns about, no doubt he can get us some goals he won’t lose that scoring instinct but looks miles off the pace and not fit enough generally, doesn't seem happy on the pitch recently I wonder if he knows this season has been a struggle so far.

No huge concerns overall though, close to the playoffs, fairly decent start.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 19:58 - Oct 16 with 4270 viewsessextaxiboy

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 18:54 - Oct 16 by LazyFan

Whereas Dykes came on and you saw the difference, he was hounding the Fulham defence totally.

Dunne also got exposed, but I think this is more to do with not playing with the others regularly. And also McCallum is class, as soon as he went off I thought we would be in trouble.

Dykes subs worked by the others made it worse. Our squad is just weak and when a team spends £8m on one player, then your team will struggle when its most expensive player only cost £2m. That's the difference in squads to see.

The injury to Sam Field has hurt us , Dozzell not quite up to speed and Amos not fully fit means Ball starting. IMO his best position is on the bench coming on to see games out.
Login to get fewer ads

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 20:09 - Oct 16 with 4227 viewsVancouverHoop

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 19:58 - Oct 16 by essextaxiboy

The injury to Sam Field has hurt us , Dozzell not quite up to speed and Amos not fully fit means Ball starting. IMO his best position is on the bench coming on to see games out.

Dozzell might have been a better choice than Ball today. Certainly couldn't have been much worse.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 22:55 - Oct 16 with 3919 viewsgazza1

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 20:09 - Oct 16 by VancouverHoop

Dozzell might have been a better choice than Ball today. Certainly couldn't have been much worse.

Yea, it was all Ball's fault for the 4 goals that we conceded.....nowhere to be seen for the last 3 goals!!!! He just wasn't around to do SJ's running for him - lazy individual!!!!
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 23:00 - Oct 16 with 3900 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 22:55 - Oct 16 by gazza1

Yea, it was all Ball's fault for the 4 goals that we conceded.....nowhere to be seen for the last 3 goals!!!! He just wasn't around to do SJ's running for him - lazy individual!!!!

Gazz,

I really like Ball, and I agree with you that he is underrated.

But he was poor today. A needless yellow for a needless pull-back on six minutes after he had got caught on the turn for the second time meant that we missed his greatest attributes - pressing, tacking, aggression - and with that the confidence he gets to lay off quick ball when he wins it.

He was off the field when three of the goals were scored, as you say. But it was the right call to withdraw him, as he was being bypassed.

I'm just not sure that we replaced him with the right swap.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 00:37 - Oct 17 with 3789 viewsVancouverHoop

You think Dykes shouldn't have come on, or Ball should have been subbed for someone else ?
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 00:41 - Oct 17 with 3779 viewsVancouverHoop

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 22:55 - Oct 16 by gazza1

Ball's a very handy player, but not in all situations. Fulham just ran past him today.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 02:04 - Oct 17 with 3700 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 00:37 - Oct 17 by VancouverHoop

You think Dykes shouldn't have come on, or Ball should have been subbed for someone else ?

I agreed with Nix, Van.

I think that we needed to shore up midfield, and also to bring some...something, anything, to the attack.

Usually we have two centre-mid options on the bench, but today we were limited to one, that was Amos. And we didn't use him. Maybe he only had ten minutes in him today, maybe he was ill, who knows.... but Nix called it at 35 minutes or so: HT subs to be Amos for Ball, Dykes for Austin.

That would have given us hold-up play and some semblance of control in midfield, I'd have thought.

But what do I know? Warbs went 100% Warbs on it and we brought a striker on for a holding midfielder. Chair dropped deeper. Kind of. Jo-Jo was all on his own and every time we won the ball back they put two men on him in a flash. He was surrounded like Zeta Jones in a Darling Buds country fair.

It worked for us for a while. We got our equaliser. Then it didn't work. It was Tin Can Alley at the back. I felt for them.

I tell you this - it's no fun playing at the back under Warbs.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 02:28 - Oct 17 with 3682 viewsVancouverHoop

Usually we have two centre-mid options on the bench, but today we were limited to one, that was Amos. And we didn't use him. Maybe he only had ten minutes in him today, maybe he was ill, who knows.... but Nix called it at 35 minutes or so: HT subs to be Amos for Ball, Dykes for Austin.

That would have given us hold-up play and some semblance of control in midfield, I'd have thought.

That would be my reading too. But then again, Fulham – though it hurts me to say it – are probably better man-for-man, with more depth – than we are at present. And this was a lousy time to be playing them. Two weeks off, with several players on International duty hurt us more than it did them.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 07:34 - Oct 17 with 3482 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 02:28 - Oct 17 by VancouverHoop

That would be my reading too. But then again, Fulham – though it hurts me to say it – are probably better man-for-man, with more depth – than we are at present. And this was a lousy time to be playing them. Two weeks off, with several players on International duty hurt us more than it did them.

They'd lost to Blackpool, Reading and Coventry recently. Yes, they have some expensive players but they're not all that. What pissed me off about yesterday was the timid way we played, particularly for a derby; giving them loads of space to pass it around and rarely getting stuck in. We were slow and sclerotic, and both the selection and substitutions were flawed. Most of all, it was the feeling of deja vu from recent trips to both Fulham and Brentford, where our defeat seemed inevitable from the start.

The positive is that we have two winnable games in a week, so we can hopefully be in a better place by then, but I would like us to start turning up in these derbies sooner rather than later.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 09:14 - Oct 17 with 3345 viewsPinnerPaul

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 07:34 - Oct 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

They'd lost to Blackpool, Reading and Coventry recently. Yes, they have some expensive players but they're not all that. What pissed me off about yesterday was the timid way we played, particularly for a derby; giving them loads of space to pass it around and rarely getting stuck in. We were slow and sclerotic, and both the selection and substitutions were flawed. Most of all, it was the feeling of deja vu from recent trips to both Fulham and Brentford, where our defeat seemed inevitable from the start.

The positive is that we have two winnable games in a week, so we can hopefully be in a better place by then, but I would like us to start turning up in these derbies sooner rather than later.

"What pissed me off about yesterday was the timid way we played, particularly for a derby; giving them loads of space to pass it around and rarely getting stuck in. We were slow and sclerotic"

MW said exactly that (well not those exact words!) in his post match on the offy.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 09:59 - Oct 17 with 3264 viewsbosh67

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 19:35 - Oct 16 by daveB

Completely disagree. Johansson has been fine all season, not a huge difference to last year and Austin as well was fine today considering he has no support at all and not a single delivery to him in the box. He's not going to score if we don't put crosses in

I think we are putting far too much pressure on these players. Austin and Johansen are doing fine. We are generally improving all the time. I think some people think we just needed to add these players for the team to romp the division. It isn't going to happen like that. This team probably needs 2 seasons to even seriously challenge. Keep the faith.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 10:48 - Oct 17 with 3170 viewsOldPedro

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 09:14 - Oct 17 by PinnerPaul

"What pissed me off about yesterday was the timid way we played, particularly for a derby; giving them loads of space to pass it around and rarely getting stuck in. We were slow and sclerotic"

MW said exactly that (well not those exact words!) in his post match on the offy.

While watching the game yesterday, I felt that when we did try and get close and physical, the ref gave lots of soft free kicks to Fulham, yet similar challenges from Fulham players on us were mostly ignored.

Add to that the bookings for Ball (deserved) and Johansen (not deserved as Reed had just committed a foul which the ref ignored and should have been a free kick to us and a yellow for Reed), this allowed Fulham to dictate the game and play the game they are good at.

I watched the game between Coventry and Fulham a couple of weeks ago and particularly in the 2nd half, I thought Coventry bullied Fulham physically - we couldn't do that yesterday, partly down to the ref and partly down to some poor perfomances

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 10:51 - Oct 17 with 3152 viewsQPROslo

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 02:04 - Oct 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I agreed with Nix, Van.

I think that we needed to shore up midfield, and also to bring some...something, anything, to the attack.

But what do I know? Warbs went 100% Warbs on it and we brought a striker on for a holding midfielder. Chair dropped deeper. Kind of. Jo-Jo was all on his own and every time we won the ball back they put two men on him in a flash. He was surrounded like Zeta Jones in a Darling Buds country fair.

It worked for us for a while. We got our equaliser. Then it didn't work. It was Tin Can Alley at the back. I felt for them.

Yes strange Dozzell wasn't on the Bench, perhaps he is injured too? I'd have thought he would have been a better alternative to Ball, certainly with his passing game. Hope Dozzell gets a chance playing instead of Johansen on Tuesday, as I gather he will be suspended for too many yellow cards.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 11:09 - Oct 17 with 3103 viewsdistortR

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 02:04 - Oct 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I agreed with Nix, Van.

Yeah, we got over-ran in midfield. They were very adept at beating any press we tried to put on, and with our 2 midfielders booked early, we had no answer.
And that's the way to play us. Our wing-backs push up, our central defenders get stretched, Austin didn't really provide an outlet, Gray was wince-inducing.
But the ride has been tremendous so far, and I believe Warbs has enough about him to adjust the system a bit.
As for the 'push' for their second, exactly what Austin did to Godfrey against Everton.
We need to learn from this, is all.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 11:44 - Oct 17 with 3019 viewsWatfordR

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 11:09 - Oct 17 by distortR

Yeah, we got over-ran in midfield. They were very adept at beating any press we tried to put on, and with our 2 midfielders booked early, we had no answer.
And that's the way to play us. Our wing-backs push up, our central defenders get stretched, Austin didn't really provide an outlet, Gray was wince-inducing.
But the ride has been tremendous so far, and I believe Warbs has enough about him to adjust the system a bit.
As for the 'push' for their second, exactly what Austin did to Godfrey against Everton.
We need to learn from this, is all.

The push for the second was a push, absolutely no doubt. But no ref is ever going to call that a foul.

As I said yesterday however, if that's referred to VAR, its probably not going to stand.

Mitrovic did what a striker of his quality does, we're not in a position to buy that kind of proven quality, and probably won't be for a number of years. I can't see any point whining about getting done by an expensively assembled team playing well.

But until McCallum was subbed, I thought we were every bit as likely to win as they were.

[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 11:57]
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 11:58 - Oct 17 with 2969 viewsdmm

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 11:44 - Oct 17 by WatfordR

The push for the second was a push, absolutely no doubt. But no ref is ever going to call that a foul.

As I said yesterday however, if that's referred to VAR, its probably not going to stand.

Mitrovic did what a striker of his quality does, we're not in a position to buy that kind of proven quality, and probably won't be for a number of years. I can't see any point whining about getting done by an expensively assembled team playing well.

But until McCallum was subbed, I thought we were every bit as likely to win as they were.

I think the criticism is more than just whining about being beaten. Warburton himself said we were soft, and he's right. Fulham were always going to be favourites given the quality of their squad, even with the defeats they've succumbed to recently. However, we could and should have been much better all over the pitch.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 11:59 - Oct 17 with 2967 viewsfrancisbowles

Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 11:44 - Oct 17 by WatfordR

In my, admittedly limited, experience of watching Mitrovic, that was by far the best performance I have seen from him. Top class finishing, bullying of our two central defenders who we thought were strong physically, great ball control, and dropping back and getting involved in the play as well. He looks fit and interested, something that was missing on previous occasions.

He's far too good for the Championship and I wonder will anyone manage to tempt him away in January.

Having said all that, we gave him a bit too much room and were indecisive in closing down balls around our box.

It was a push, both hands in the back I think, but nobody mentioned it on the commentary, or on Quest, and from the TV pictures our players didn't seem to query it.
Problem areas - loans that became permanent this summer on 13:34 - Oct 17 with 2837 viewsCamberleyR

I agreed with Nix, Van.

"Usually we have two centre-mid options on the bench, but today we were limited to one, that was Amos"

Duke-McKenna was on the bench and he's a central midfielder isn't he?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2021 13:38]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024