Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goals against. 19:48 - Oct 18 with 1430 viewsT_Block

Either this defence is not very good or the formation is wrong.Simply too many goals conceded now.
I am beginning to question Dieng which I think is unfair,Is he being asked to make too many saves?
Warburton and coaches have to come up with an answer.
Tip: we would take a couple of clean sheets now please and the fans would be happy
Austin was worth a try and did not work, same with Johansen .My instinct on balance we should go with youthful potential.
Then at least they can learn from it.Start looking for a loan midfielder if you want play-offs as well as Field

Still great progress has been made and we should expect ups and downs.But But This defence is not working.

Any team seeking promotion should prioritise their defence .All evidence points to the defence being the key for teams who cannot spend big-the reverse of what we are doing.
Goals against. on 20:46 - Oct 18 with 1339 viewsbollockchops

Derby have let in eight
Goals against. on 20:57 - Oct 18 with 1319 viewsHooparoo

I think we have the right players but other teams are working us out. We can’t start the same 11 in every game in the same formation against every opponent. Warbs needs to mix it up a bit instead of trying to shoehorn as many attacking players as he can into the team. Nothing wrong with 5 midfielders away from home to keep it tight then go for it later on.

Need some more flexibility (and unpredictability)

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Goals against. on 21:44 - Oct 18 with 1252 viewsplasmahoop

Goals against. on 20:57 - Oct 18 by Hooparoo

I think we have the right players but other teams are working us out. We can’t start the same 11 in every game in the same formation against every opponent. Warbs needs to mix it up a bit instead of trying to shoehorn as many attacking players as he can into the team. Nothing wrong with 5 midfielders away from home to keep it tight then go for it later on.

Need some more flexibility (and unpredictability)

Spot on. You can't expect to go away from home and outplay every team. Sometimes you have to sit in and defend, and potentially go more attacking later on. Initially though, concentrate on defending and hope to nick a goal on the break or off a mistake
Goals against. on 21:59 - Oct 18 with 1232 viewsozexile

Midfield midfield
Goals against. on 08:19 - Oct 19 with 1092 viewsstevec

You can put as many midfielders out there as you like but when your backs can’t lay a finger on the CF you’ve got a problem.

Right across the pitch we don’t hustle well and to me that’s a training ground issue. When out of possession our best ball winner seems to be Willock, how can that be?
Goals against. on 10:31 - Oct 19 with 980 viewsWadR

Remember Rafa Benitez talking about a 'short blanket' analogy in terms of team balance. If you cover our feet, you have your head cold but if you cover your head, your feet are cold.

I think given the way we play, that we are so attacking, that we leave the back 3 exposed, that our defenders take risk passing out from the back - means we're never going to be particularly defensively solid without making some concessions to our attacking play.

In the last half dozen games we've either been missing our left wing back and forced to play someone out of position or a natural in that position has been injured/returning from fitness and been unable to play the whole game. Think that's really disruptive and with McCallum and Wallace back to full fitness, we'll see an improvement to the defence.
Goals against. on 10:41 - Oct 19 with 967 viewsbosh67

I think for some reason the marshalling of the defence isn't quite right. I also think the back 3 play too far up as none of them have real pace. Wallace was brilliant in marshalling the defence. Really vocal and also good at telling the players where to be. We have missed him up and down the park immensely. As neither wingback is really supplying the forwards we are also allowing opposition to press the flanks and that is exposing us as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Goals against. on 14:45 - Oct 19 with 831 viewsloftboy

Goals against. on 20:46 - Oct 18 by bollockchops

Derby have let in eight

And only scored about the same

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Goals against. on 15:38 - Oct 19 with 801 viewskensalriser

Goals against. on 08:19 - Oct 19 by stevec

You can put as many midfielders out there as you like but when your backs can’t lay a finger on the CF you’ve got a problem.

Right across the pitch we don’t hustle well and to me that’s a training ground issue. When out of possession our best ball winner seems to be Willock, how can that be?

Stark contrast in the Fulham game between how quickly they closed us down and how much time and space we gave them on the ball. Our poor defending starts from the front.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024