Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report 23:28 - Oct 20 with 3321 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56036
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 00:23 - Oct 21 with 3165 viewsNoelmc

I think the substitution of Charlie for Dom Ball perfectly demonstrated how Warbs was playing to win, while Mowbray and his team were trying to time waste their way to an undeserved point. Similar to the Bristol City game, Warbs risked losing a point by going for three and on this occasion fortune favoured the brave. I’m just really happy we have a manager who makes those calls.
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 00:56 - Oct 21 with 3123 viewssilky

Ace report, really enjoyed that.

Funny fact. I use the name Liquid Silk as an alias for producing Jazzy Drum and Bass!! Sexy! 😉

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 08:10 - Oct 21 with 2763 viewsTheChef

Cheers Clive!

I really hope that 'testiculating routine' was not a typo.

'They score when they play well, they score when they play poorly, they score whether they win, lose or draw, and limiting your ambition to trying to become the first team to prevent that in 27 attempts is shoot-me-in-the-face-with-a-massive-gun levels of plain dumb.'

MEGA LOLZ.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 08:18 - Oct 21 with 2746 viewsNorthernr

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 08:10 - Oct 21 by TheChef

Cheers Clive!

I really hope that 'testiculating routine' was not a typo.

'They score when they play well, they score when they play poorly, they score whether they win, lose or draw, and limiting your ambition to trying to become the first team to prevent that in 27 attempts is shoot-me-in-the-face-with-a-massive-gun levels of plain dumb.'

MEGA LOLZ.

Testiculating - waving your arms around while talking bolox.
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 08:40 - Oct 21 with 2682 viewswestberksr

excellent stuff

the first half seemed long enough to have been a cup tie with extra time played in slow motion; these teams just intent on playing anti football are horrible to endure

thank feck Warbs likes to win; even at the expense of some defending
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 08:55 - Oct 21 with 2625 viewstoboboly

The ref and lino also did f cuk all about Austin receiving a slap late in the 2nd. Glad he didn't go down like 90% of the c nuts in the league but the Blackburn player raised his hands and got away with a brief talking to.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 09:11 - Oct 21 with 2575 viewsstevec

Something deeply satisfying winning games like that, late goal and seeing Bradley Johnson’s face as the lower loft lob the ball around amongst the fans. Think you had to be there to judge the mood for that. Much like the ovation Albert received in the pouring rain, makes it all worth the effort on a soggy Tuesday night.

I can see where the 1-4 defeats can come from, I can’t see us doing that to anyone in return but it’s nail bitingly fun watching it.
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 09:32 - Oct 21 with 2511 viewsgazza1

Norf.....your mate should look at the match reply on 13mins35sec when many complained about the ref's decision.......does he (& most of the crew) really think that the ref got the free kick decision wrong!!!!

Overall, though, I thought he was poor & not as good as Dom Ball who both got a 5 marking
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 9:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 09:57 - Oct 21 with 2429 viewsNorthernr

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 09:32 - Oct 21 by gazza1

Norf.....your mate should look at the match reply on 13mins35sec when many complained about the ref's decision.......does he (& most of the crew) really think that the ref got the free kick decision wrong!!!!

Overall, though, I thought he was poor & not as good as Dom Ball who both got a 5 marking
[Post edited 21 Oct 2021 9:33]

I'll have to go back and watch it myself, haven't got a note at 13 minutes other than the little kid they had playing up front sprinting away and shooting over the bar.
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 10:20 - Oct 21 with 2321 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive. I have two points to make though.

Firstly, of course Dunne should have scored, but Willock had the best chance & should have buried his header rather than misdirecting tghe ball. Dykes had done tremendously in heading the ball back across goal rather than it being from a melee.

Secondly, we made a note of where Blackburn took their goalkicks from after we had scored. All of them were taken from the same place as before our goal - to the 'keepers right. This even applied when he had to collect the ball from nearer Ellerslie Road than the goal.
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 10:39 - Oct 21 with 2258 viewsRangers67

Great report as usual. Although I agree Albert was MOM I thought Dykes was excellent also. I too particularly like the assault on Van Hecke leaving him dazed and confused 5 mins after Van Hecke had tried to bully him in front of the SA stand, brilliant. As for the ref well words fail me how the level of officiating at this level continues to fall .
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 11:38 - Oct 21 with 2109 viewseastside_r

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 10:20 - Oct 21 by terryb

Thanks Clive. I have two points to make though.

Firstly, of course Dunne should have scored, but Willock had the best chance & should have buried his header rather than misdirecting tghe ball. Dykes had done tremendously in heading the ball back across goal rather than it being from a melee.

Secondly, we made a note of where Blackburn took their goalkicks from after we had scored. All of them were taken from the same place as before our goal - to the 'keepers right. This even applied when he had to collect the ball from nearer Ellerslie Road than the goal.

Yeah, I noticed that as well but the important point was the speed at which he did it.
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 12:52 - Oct 21 with 1982 viewsPinnerPaul

Penalty claims - agree with Clive.

I thought 5' should have been added to the 2nd half - 4 subs = 2 mins, no injuries, so 3 for the 'game management'.

That's been done to death though and hardly think 1 strong penalty claim and a couple of extra minutes 'missed' makes him "useless" but there you go.

More interesting (to me at least) is the new more lenient style of refereeing that Clive has alluded to before.

I think most of us prefer it that way, but it does tend to lead to some inconsistency within the match with seemingly similar challenges treated differently.

Thinking about it, my own view is that are two reasons for it.

You are much more likely to apply the 'lenient' approach

a) early on in the game when then 'temperature' of the match isn't so high or the game so intense and
b) in a neutral area of the field

I'm not saying that EVERY 'inconsistency' is down to that - for example I thought the foul called against Ball and the non foul for the shove/block on Adomah 2nd half were very similar challenges, both in the 2nd half and both in attacking areas, but I do think it helps explain the different 'standards' we see for fouls as the game goes on.

Finally if you don't agree woth new approach - fair enough - and you will get to see good old fashioned refereeing on Tuesday - enjoy!
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 13:08 - Oct 21 with 1939 viewsTheChef

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 12:52 - Oct 21 by PinnerPaul

Penalty claims - agree with Clive.

I thought 5' should have been added to the 2nd half - 4 subs = 2 mins, no injuries, so 3 for the 'game management'.

That's been done to death though and hardly think 1 strong penalty claim and a couple of extra minutes 'missed' makes him "useless" but there you go.

More interesting (to me at least) is the new more lenient style of refereeing that Clive has alluded to before.

I think most of us prefer it that way, but it does tend to lead to some inconsistency within the match with seemingly similar challenges treated differently.

Thinking about it, my own view is that are two reasons for it.

You are much more likely to apply the 'lenient' approach

a) early on in the game when then 'temperature' of the match isn't so high or the game so intense and
b) in a neutral area of the field

I'm not saying that EVERY 'inconsistency' is down to that - for example I thought the foul called against Ball and the non foul for the shove/block on Adomah 2nd half were very similar challenges, both in the 2nd half and both in attacking areas, but I do think it helps explain the different 'standards' we see for fouls as the game goes on.

Finally if you don't agree woth new approach - fair enough - and you will get to see good old fashioned refereeing on Tuesday - enjoy!

The difference being that Stroud is at least consistent - consistently sh1t.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 14:43 - Oct 21 with 1734 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lovely report, just missing your little eulogy for the motm? but christ, you work hard enough.

I notice, like you, the club have picked up on Ilias's 'strictly business', so wonder if that could be his song? When he scores at least, to pigbag: duh duh duh duh strictly business duh duh duh duh etc

On that note, god I love Illy. Your description of that goal was wonderful, what a strike, and so little backlift too. People don't even take into account how good you have to be to be of that stature and be that influential. And he's starting to really love those late goals at the Loft end - 4 or 5 for the season now in the last 15 mins or so?

Bare bones.

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 15:13 - Oct 21 with 1667 viewscolinallcars

Another cracking report on what was a disappointing game apart from Chair's strike.
That was a goal with marzipan and sultanas in it !
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 17:12 - Oct 21 with 1485 viewsPinnerPaul

Just watched the 90' back - unfortunately the first you hear of Nick is "And there goes the final whistle"

Anyway still enjoyable - btw the ball was 'in the crowd' in THAT incident for 40 seconds - just saying.
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 18:23 - Oct 21 with 1363 viewsPinnerPaul

On a non controversial note, I always think the games seem better when I watch them back after seeing live??????

We didn't seem too bad, neither did the ref and even the 'game management' (see above) wasn't as bad as it seemed on the night - I think the last point is explained by the showing of replays while the keeper rearranges the grass in his goal area though!

I only watch the 90's if we haven't lost though - can't bring myself to watch even the briefest highlights of Fulham yet!
Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 21:56 - Oct 21 with 1153 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 18:23 - Oct 21 by PinnerPaul

On a non controversial note, I always think the games seem better when I watch them back after seeing live??????

We didn't seem too bad, neither did the ref and even the 'game management' (see above) wasn't as bad as it seemed on the night - I think the last point is explained by the showing of replays while the keeper rearranges the grass in his goal area though!

I only watch the 90's if we haven't lost though - can't bring myself to watch even the briefest highlights of Fulham yet!

Same here. Was away for the Albion game - all I've seen since is the goals!

Bare bones.

Chair magic frees QPR from Championship purgatory - Report on 01:01 - Oct 22 with 1002 viewsqpr1976

Just the 1st paragraph reads like the ‘lost 2 verses from Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads !
Beautiful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024