Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Herberts. 12:29 - Oct 24 with 15643 viewsdutch

Among the thousands in the away end and sides at Peterborough yesterday there was a surprisingly large number of young, ie under 25, herbert's indulging in various forms of jolity. A few got out of hand an made fools of themselves (of us), but most were content to wear various caps and sing Rangers songs. My question is where have they come from? I do literally mean where have they come from. In the old days they would have been out of the Bush or the Grove, but today I suspect not. Where are they from?
Herberts. on 12:37 - Oct 24 with 6452 viewsDorse

Well, their Mums and Dads loved each other very much and a sort of special cuddle...
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 12:38]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Herberts. on 12:39 - Oct 24 with 6441 viewsdutch

Thank you for that. I thought you might say Northolt or Greenford, but a little lesson in procreation never goes amiss.
Herberts. on 12:46 - Oct 24 with 6400 viewsSonofNorfolt

Herberts. on 12:39 - Oct 24 by dutch

Thank you for that. I thought you might say Northolt or Greenford, but a little lesson in procreation never goes amiss.

As an 'erbert's 'erbert, I can confirm with little justification that they are from pretty much all over the place.
Much as Greenford, Northolt, Ruislip is probably still our biggest catchment area, younger generations have moved further afield making it difficult to pinpoint specific locations.
Herberts. on 12:56 - Oct 24 with 6357 viewsdutch

Herberts. on 12:46 - Oct 24 by SonofNorfolt

As an 'erbert's 'erbert, I can confirm with little justification that they are from pretty much all over the place.
Much as Greenford, Northolt, Ruislip is probably still our biggest catchment area, younger generations have moved further afield making it difficult to pinpoint specific locations.

Just wondered if there are hotbeds of Rangers support. I am overjoyed to see the youngsters joining in, there was a time when Victor was the youngest bloke on the away concourse. We need new blood, the next generation and all that and couldn't work out how the production line works these days. If your dad is not a hoop how do you became one if there is no geographical link.
Herberts. on 12:59 - Oct 24 with 6331 viewsstevec

Given we’ve spent 22 of the last 25 seasons outside the top division it was reassuring to see so many younger fans at the game.

Whether it was the Charters real ale or something more mysterious, there were a few squaring up to thin air, but on the whole they seemed alright.

To be fair, I must have been about 14, when a bloke asked my dad to look after his girlfriend on the terraces at Ashton Gate while he went and had a fight outside with some Bristol City supporters, so don’t think we should be too critical.
Herberts. on 13:54 - Oct 24 with 6131 viewsBuzsakyIsGod

They all seem to wear stone island and dress like they are in peaky blinders. There are a lot of them these days. No idea where they have come from and they make it very uncomfortable. When I was a teen in the 00s and early 20s in 10s yh there were idiots but no where near as bad as this lot. The fans were more welcoming and I felt comfortable to go on my own in my teens. Now I feel quite threatened
Herberts. on 14:14 - Oct 24 with 6062 viewsHayesender

When I was walking back to the pub in the town after the game, if you didn't know any better, you'd have thought Millwall were in town judging by the amount of police vans.

The police seemed quite on edge as well, so I just kept my head down and preceeded to drown my sorrows.

Like a lot of away days over the years, it was a good day out just ruined by the actual football

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Herberts. on 14:33 - Oct 24 with 5994 viewsmikeygunn

All very mouthy and seemed to want to attract the wrong kind of attention. We were walking past Charters and a women was screaming at some fans ‘act like Millwall, get treated like Millwall’. Not sure what had gone on but a lot unnecessary aggression kicking about yesterday.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 14:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Herberts. on 15:07 - Oct 24 with 5885 viewsToast_R

Up take in interest after a year of lockdown but fundamentaly, if you're drinking large quantities of 5% beer on the journey, you're going to be pissed when you arrive. People get brave and stupid when they're pissed especially in groups. And they want to allow drinking pitchside now too, God help us.
Herberts. on 15:11 - Oct 24 with 5871 viewsNorthernr

It was pretty horrible yesterday. Coked up meatheads spoiling for a row everywhere you turned.
Herberts. on 15:18 - Oct 24 with 5836 viewsEsox_Lucius

The grass is always greener.

Herberts. on 15:20 - Oct 24 with 5825 viewsNoDiddley

Herberts. on 15:11 - Oct 24 by Northernr

It was pretty horrible yesterday. Coked up meatheads spoiling for a row everywhere you turned.

“We’re Queens Park Rangers we do what we want”.. sing out loud as you have a fag or shove Colombian marching powder up your hooter in the toilet,
Proper nawty
Herberts. on 15:21 - Oct 24 with 5819 viewspaulhoop2

I’ve already commentated on another thread. But to say in a nut shell I felt physically threatened for the first time ever yesterday. These idiots need weeding out.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Herberts. on 15:23 - Oct 24 with 5812 viewsHayesender

Guaranteed none of this lot will be at Sheffield utd, and most of the further afield away games

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Herberts. on 15:27 - Oct 24 with 5792 viewsNorthernr

Herberts. on 15:23 - Oct 24 by Hayesender

Guaranteed none of this lot will be at Sheffield utd, and most of the further afield away games

Yeh, but remember mate, the top loyalty points holders are "dinosaurs" who "sit down away" and "ruin the atmosphere" and "stop younger QPR fans coming to the game" with their mega bantz and lolz.
Herberts. on 15:31 - Oct 24 with 5759 viewsBoston

The difference gents, as mentioned by others...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Herberts. on 15:42 - Oct 24 with 5722 viewsdenhamhoop2

Herberts. on 15:11 - Oct 24 by Northernr

+ 1000% having seen the carnage at Charters(Needed a piss) was not too surprised. This Dinosaur is seriously considering giving some of the away games a miss from now on.
Now very glad I cannot go to Blackpool because that will be extremely messy with the 5 30 kick off in the town where Wetherspoons is one of the dearer drinking establishments
Herberts. on 15:43 - Oct 24 with 5720 viewsBakes

Always been a thing for some young men to dress in “casual” clobber ( Stone island, CP company, aquascutum, adidas trainers etc) but it seems to have got more popular since the Football Factory and Green street films, I’ve been there, spending £350 on a Stone Island jacket just for a Saturday, waste all my wages on Columbian marching pounder and strong lager, these are young men with only their pr*cks to keep, I grew out of it and I’m sure most of them will, it seems to be the done thing for some of this generation but absolutely no excuse for going around acting like a whopper though.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 15:45]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Herberts. on 15:53 - Oct 24 with 5659 viewsdutch

I don't think they were that bad, just wondered what makes kids Rangers now.
Herberts. on 16:02 - Oct 24 with 5612 viewsRangersw12

Herberts. on 15:53 - Oct 24 by dutch

I didn't think it was that bad either and no different to a lot of games

I personally had a great day just ruined by 90 mins of football
Herberts. on 16:16 - Oct 24 with 5543 viewsPunteR

It's a difficult to balance the exuberance of youth, football ,beer and keep a level head.
Young men will always take it further. Always have always will.
Good to see a younger generation spending their Saturdays following QPR.
I've no idea how football crews/ firms whatever work but maybe the older heads set the example so things don't get too out of hand. ? I'd imagine it's like herding cats though..lol
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 16:24]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Herberts. on 16:48 - Oct 24 with 5407 viewspaulparker

Went into charters at 12.30 had a beer with no problems then went to the brewery tap where us old sods had a good few drinks and a laugh again no agg
The walk to the ground was fine the only concerns for me were the local chavs hanging around the Poundland shops , it made the Uxbridge road look like sunset boulevard
Half time was fine a poor young lad had one to many ciders and paid the price but the atmosphere was good on the concourse
The only thing to spoil the day was the team they didn’t deserve the support
All in all a good day

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Herberts. on 16:54 - Oct 24 with 5390 viewsGroveR

Herberts. on 12:37 - Oct 24 by Dorse

Well, their Mums and Dads loved each other very much and a sort of special cuddle...
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 12:38]

... which ended in a special pie in mummy's woo-woo.
Herberts. on 17:09 - Oct 24 with 5320 viewsGroveR

Herberts. on 15:53 - Oct 24 by dutch

The family connection - especially your dad - can't be overstated. If you live close to a club, especially one that gives tickets to local schools, you'll probably go. Ultimately though the team need to be worth watching, otherwise why bother?
Herberts. on 17:31 - Oct 24 with 5246 viewsloftboy

Only violence I saw was in the town centre at 11:30 and it was a homeless bloke thumping a religious preacher!! “ what’s Jesus ever fûcking done for me” he shouted before walloping him!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024