Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements 15:22 - Oct 25 with 2099 viewswessex_exile

U's have been allocated the mandatory FA Cup allocation of 15% of AFC Sudbury's 2,500 capacity, which is 375 tickets. The first 375 seasonal permit holders for this season have been offered first refusal, which will pass to no. 376 and beyond if not taken up after 3 days.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/october/sudbury-latest/

Seems fair enough.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 15:36 - Oct 25 with 1577 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I guess if fans aren't accruing points for attending away games there's no other way to do it really. Hopefully the fans that are deserving of a ticket, those that go home and away, are the ones that end up with one.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 10:34 - Oct 26 with 1502 viewsWitham

Although Mrs Witham doesn't qualify, Mr Witham, who has been to all the away games except Tranmere, which we missed due to illness, does, and I've got my ticket.

Mrs Witham would like to thank the away choir for keeping her amused during the Port Vale game; even when we were losing their support was loud and entertaining, even if at our expense.
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 14:38 - Oct 26 with 1452 viewsnoah4x4

Given reputed parking and other travel difficulties, I have declined my entitlement and will watch on the TV. My guess is that #450 won't be disappointed as so many fans are staying away. Think we might struggle to get above 2,000 tonight. But I will be there.
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 15:33 - Oct 26 with 1442 viewsRSCOSWORTH

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 14:38 - Oct 26 by noah4x4

Given reputed parking and other travel difficulties, I have declined my entitlement and will watch on the TV. My guess is that #450 won't be disappointed as so many fans are staying away. Think we might struggle to get above 2,000 tonight. But I will be there.

I remember when you were our positive voice of reason noah. Like a less excitable Durham. The last season and a half has really taken it out of you it seems.

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 16:42 - Oct 26 with 1430 viewsthrillseeker

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 14:38 - Oct 26 by noah4x4

I think attendance will sadly be sub 1800 tonight

Poor matchday experience and poor performances are creating a divide between club and fans.
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 23:26 - Oct 26 with 1388 viewsthrillseeker

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 16:42 - Oct 26 by thrillseeker

I think attendance will sadly be sub 1800 tonight

Poor matchday experience and poor performances are creating a divide between club and fans.

How wrong was I?

In excess of 3000 tonight
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 23:37 - Oct 26 with 1387 viewsgerry_us

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 23:26 - Oct 26 by thrillseeker

How wrong was I?

Be lucky to see 1800 Saturday.
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 23:45 - Oct 26 with 1386 viewsDaniel

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 23:26 - Oct 26 by thrillseeker

How wrong was I?

Don't forget that this was a rearranged Saturday game from a few weeks into the season. The attendance reflects then when there was still some hope and optimism, rather than now.
Login to get fewer ads

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 00:02 - Oct 27 with 1379 viewswessex_exile

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 23:45 - Oct 26 by Daniel

Don't forget that this was a rearranged Saturday game from a few weeks into the season. The attendance reflects then when there was still some hope and optimism, rather than now.

They still turned up though, didn't they. Why not a bit of hope and optimism, we could do with that right now, rather than rampant pessimism - that helps no one.

Up the U's

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 00:22 - Oct 27 with 1373 viewsdurham_exile

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 00:02 - Oct 27 by wessex_exile

They still turned up though, didn't they. Why not a bit of hope and optimism, we could do with that right now, rather than rampant pessimism - that helps no one.

3,013 which was a vast improvement.

Sutton looked to have brought a decent number.

We could have also scored three goals ourselves.

But things are grim even looking through rose tinted spectacles.

Up the U's

Don't think I've ever seen banners before at a colchester game imploring the board and chairman to go.

Not even when Mick bigger bast88d than bast88d was at the club.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 08:26 - Oct 27 with 1348 viewsTheOldOakTree

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 00:02 - Oct 27 by wessex_exile

...erm, not necessarily, I think it's been a trick for many years were clubs publish tickets sold, not actual people through the turnstile.

https://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2018/09/12/premier-league-clubs-publishing-
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 09:00 - Oct 27 with 1344 viewsnoah4x4

These tickets were probably sold for the original fixture and then honoured. As people had already paid, they turned up as crowd was greater than Harrogate. How many will turn up for Scunny is debatable, but bizarrely some might come to protest. The mood was pretty ugly in S1.

Yes, for 16 years I have been the second most enthusiastic positive voice after Durham, but what is additionally happening (or not) off the pitch brings despair. Bubbles, Buses, Burgers and Beer all shite.
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 09:42 - Oct 27 with 1329 viewsRSCOSWORTH

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 00:22 - Oct 27 by durham_exile

3,013 which was a vast improvement.

Sutton looked to have brought a decent number.

We could have also scored three goals ourselves.

But things are grim even looking through rose tinted spectacles.

Up the U's

Don't think I've ever seen banners before at a colchester game imploring the board and chairman to go.

Not even when Mick bigger bast88d than bast88d was at the club.

Up the U's

I don't reckon Sutton brought many more than Bristol Rovers personally. It's half term this week so a few more younger fans at a Tuesday evening game than you would normally get. Must've been a lovely experience for them. The atmosphere in and around the ground after the final whistle was not one for children. I think the "fans" need to be careful what they wish for. Not sure there are too many multi millionaires queuing up to buy Col U.

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 10:30 - Oct 27 with 1317 viewswessex_exile

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 08:26 - Oct 27 by TheOldOakTree

...erm, not necessarily, I think it's been a trick for many years were clubs publish tickets sold, not actual people through the turnstile.

https://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2018/09/12/premier-league-clubs-publishing-

Indeed, virtually all clubs these days publish attendances according to tickets sold, not necessarily bums on seats. However, don't forget if season ticket holders decline their seats this season, they get an iFollow streaming pass and aren't counted as part of the attendance.

Regardless, assuming the same rules have applied all season, that presumably means whatever the actual number, there were about a 1,000 more there last night than against Bristol Rovers the week before. Anyway, you don't need a calculator to work that one out, it was clear as day on the stream that the East and South Stands had many more supporters in there compared to the Bristol Rovers game. As for away fans, I'd say more came over from Bristol than Sutton, but not by too many from the limited views I had?

Up the U's

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 08:59 - Oct 28 with 1235 viewsburnsieespana

See RC has stated in a BBC interview the £50k TV money will be added to the January transfer pot.
Just hope it is not to late and it is spent wisely
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 09:43 - Oct 28 with 1225 viewsRSCOSWORTH

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 08:59 - Oct 28 by burnsieespana

See RC has stated in a BBC interview the £50k TV money will be added to the January transfer pot.

With the way things are going he'll need to invest the money in a suit of armour!

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 18:51 - Nov 2 with 1078 viewsWitham

Has anyone actually received their ticket yet ?
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 19:54 - Nov 2 with 1066 viewsburnsieespana

See Sudbury have said they had no idea of maximum attendance but limit is 2000 because of space required for media.
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 00:07 - Nov 3 with 1042 viewswessex_exile

All U’s tickets now sold out.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/november/sudbury-sold-out/

Up the U's

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 08:57 - Nov 3 with 1023 viewsbwildered

Collections can be made 10-2 during the week, mailed tickets sent on Monday.
Somebody local has received mailed ticket on Tuesday AM .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 14:07 - Nov 3 with 993 viewsdurham_exile

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 08:59 - Oct 28 by burnsieespana

Burnsie hopefully they will add the £27k for winning the game as well.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 15:27 - Nov 3 with 984 viewsRSCOSWORTH

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 14:07 - Nov 3 by durham_exile

Burnsie hopefully they will add the £27k for winning the game as well.

Up the U's

Maybe we'll give it back to Sudbury if we do.

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 18:00 - Nov 3 with 971 viewsburnsieespana

Any boarders get a ticket for Friday night?
AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 18:44 - Nov 3 with 966 viewswessex_exile

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 18:00 - Nov 3 by burnsieespana

Any boarders get a ticket for Friday night?

I'm sure Noah said elsewhere he was eligible in the first draft but had declined?

Up the U's

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 08:57 - Nov 4 with 919 viewsnoah4x4

AFC Sudbury ticket arrangements on 18:44 - Nov 3 by wessex_exile

I'm sure Noah said elsewhere he was eligible in the first draft but had declined?

Yes, I bought my (digital) book of seasons match day passes on Monday 5th July and was hence offered a Sudbury ticket. My pal and his wife, bought theirs on 9th July and that proved too late.

If I recall correctly, (ST) tickets didn't go on sale until 1st July, so I possibly bought mine on day three. I suspect most folk did likewise in a failed attempt to secure their regular seat. How foolish to expect that! Quite clearly, the (only) 375 Sudbury tickets were allocated to ST holders that purchased their 'books' very promptly, and a full month before the first league match. Hence, I suspect that a majority of regular away U's travellers have missed out. Distribution of Sudbury tickets was always going to disappoint many hard core travelling fans.

I am content to watch on TV (home or in pub. Not sure about Tuesday (might watch on I-Follow), but will be back on the road for Stevenage and beyond. Thankfully, BBC TV has come to our rescue and £50k (plus win bonus) will be handy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024