Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Officially in a rut 22:28 - Oct 26 with 5940 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fulham - hard to take but benefit of the doubt
Blackburn - hard fought though uninspiring against a team with no ambition
Posh - awful really however you paint it after leading
Sunderland - robbed by lino, but overall our attacking verve is lacking. This ‘nil’ has been coming and the boys look like they are losing belief. Willock looks absolutely knackered, Gray can’t find a way into any game, odubajo looks poor.

Bright spots were Dykes and Amos, but we look no more than an average side capable of beating anyone or losing to anyone from week to week. Loss to a buoyant Forest on a Friday, (what’s or record? Won 1 lost 20 on fridays?) is nailed on. Season hangs really on how quickly we can get out of this funk.

Bare bones.

Officially in a rut on 22:31 - Oct 26 with 3668 viewsmcqpr10

Amos the only bright spot today for me. Looks better than he was pre injury. Think he and steff will complement each other well. Tough to take today but get a win on Friday(by any means) and league will look rosy.
Officially in a rut on 22:43 - Oct 26 with 3537 viewsHunterhoop

Dykes looked excellent, I thought. And Seny made some good saves.

Dickie and Moses looked awful in my view.

And Antti, some of us have been saying teams have worked us out for some while…

I believe in the squad and Warburton, but he does need to revert to 3 in central midfield.
Officially in a rut on 22:44 - Oct 26 with 3537 viewsRed_Ranger

Gray is a lost child.

also looks unfit
Officially in a rut on 22:48 - Oct 26 with 3480 viewsWestbourneR

Dickie just looks a shadow of himself. Running through treacle, runners constantly in behind, confidence shot.

Gray is hopeless.

But I don’t understand the grief for Odebajo (sorry sp.) - he was our brightest outlet in the first half.

Ilias should have been rested

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Officially in a rut on 22:48 - Oct 26 with 3474 viewsWegerles_Stairs

We need width, particularly if we're playing two up top. Ultimately we're a bang average side that had a decent run at the end of the season because there was nothing riding on it. Same as we've been since we were relegated.
Officially in a rut on 23:06 - Oct 26 with 3337 viewsNed_Kennedys

Thought Chair playing deeper led to Willock having a terrible game. Dickie was so slow throughout the game. Kakay started dreadfully but improved, Moses did great first half but anonymous in second. Warburton too slow to make changes, would’ve given Albert the whole half as he barely had time to get into the game. Would also start Duke-McKenna on Friday just for his energy: maybe he will rub off on the rest of the team.
Both sides were poor but thought they were marginally the better team and deserved to win, especially after two of the worst penalties I’ve ever seen.
Massive missed opportunity.
Officially in a rut on 23:11 - Oct 26 with 3303 viewsMyke

Officially in a rut on 22:48 - Oct 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

We need width, particularly if we're playing two up top. Ultimately we're a bang average side that had a decent run at the end of the season because there was nothing riding on it. Same as we've been since we were relegated.

I always try to avoid personal attacks on posters as everyone is entitled to an opinion. But really to say that we only got good results 'at the end of the season because there was nothing riding on it' is a rather absurd comment to make. Our upturn in form and results began in JANUARY, when there was a HELL OF A LOT riding on it, like relegation to League I for example. Yes, the last few games were rendered meaningless, but only due to our
poor form pre Xmas and excellent form post. I get that we are all bitterly disappointed to waste an excellent chance to make the Q/F's, but you have be factual nevertheless. We have managed to get ourselves into a bit of a rut the last ew games (even Blackburn was less than inspiring) and we have problems that need addressing, which I have discussed at length on another thread. However, to write off the season and we in touching distance of the play -offs seems like somewhat of an over-reaction.
Officially in a rut on 23:15 - Oct 26 with 3267 viewsLogman

We weren't as bad as all that ! I thought we played well given the changes - first half we looked very neat at times. It isn't easy to create clear cut chances in the first halves when teams have the legs to get loads behind the ball.

Would agree on Dickie and have been worried about his pace at right centre back for a while. On balance though he brings plenty to the table and with some fine tuning it can work.
Login to get fewer ads

Officially in a rut on 23:20 - Oct 26 with 3217 viewsted_hendrix

In a rut? yep and we've been in gawd knows how many ruts over the five bloody decades I've been supporting us, as I see it it's all eyes on Warburton now to sort it out, no moping about get on the training pitch tomorrow and get to work.
Tonights result is history.
Small crumb of comfort for me is a quick glance at the league table where we happen to be in a good position, we have to use that as a bonus because that is what it is.
Win on Friday night and we're equal 4th in the Championship, If that's not an incentive then I don't know what is.
Get up and go again.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Officially in a rut on 23:49 - Oct 26 with 3054 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Officially in a rut on 23:11 - Oct 26 by Myke

I always try to avoid personal attacks on posters as everyone is entitled to an opinion. But really to say that we only got good results 'at the end of the season because there was nothing riding on it' is a rather absurd comment to make. Our upturn in form and results began in JANUARY, when there was a HELL OF A LOT riding on it, like relegation to League I for example. Yes, the last few games were rendered meaningless, but only due to our
poor form pre Xmas and excellent form post. I get that we are all bitterly disappointed to waste an excellent chance to make the Q/F's, but you have be factual nevertheless. We have managed to get ourselves into a bit of a rut the last ew games (even Blackburn was less than inspiring) and we have problems that need addressing, which I have discussed at length on another thread. However, to write off the season and we in touching distance of the play -offs seems like somewhat of an over-reaction.

Oh, I'm not bothered about personal attacks; I realise there's a groupthink on here where all but a few think we're doing brilliantly. We've just failed to beat Peterborough and Sunderland, a club that was in League 1 last season and one that still is. We got pulverised by Fulham. We are so slow to break; everything goes sideways and we wait for ages to pick the perfect pass. We only looked dangerous in the last ten minutes when Albert was on because he's actually able to beat a man and cross a ball. And it'll be exactly the same on Friday night - Ball and Johansen in the middle slowing everything down and full backs who can't beat their man or cross the ball.

Let's see where we are at the end of the season - I'm just not seeing this brilliant, free-flowing football that people on here are eulogising about. Yes, it was a shocking decision tonight but we still weren't very good at home against a side in the league below.

The best Rangers teams have had full backs and wingers who could get up the line and cross a ball. We so clearly lack that width unless Albert is on the pitch.
Officially in a rut on 23:54 - Oct 26 with 3039 viewsdaveB

We certainly need to stop playing 2 up front, it really doesn't work
Officially in a rut on 23:56 - Oct 26 with 3032 viewsbosh67

Officially in a rut on 23:54 - Oct 26 by daveB

I have to say I agree. There isn't enough width or service to get to 2 forwards.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Officially in a rut on 00:00 - Oct 27 with 3017 viewsFredManRave

"Officially in a rut" aka officially or unofficially QPR. Take your pick.

Innit.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Officially in a rut on 00:16 - Oct 27 with 2970 viewsbosh67

Officially in a rut on 00:00 - Oct 27 by FredManRave

"Officially in a rut" aka officially or unofficially QPR. Take your pick.

Innit.

I've followed this mob for 50 years I think and if it is reassuring to anyone younger on here, it never changes. Doesn't matter the personnel, the end result is usually the same. Decade on decade!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Officially in a rut on 01:23 - Oct 27 with 2857 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Are we normally crap at this time of the year?
It seems to be most years in October and November we are rubbish.
Officially in a rut on 01:31 - Oct 27 with 2843 viewsVancouverHoop

Bright spots were Dykes and Amos, but we look no more than an average side capable of beating anyone or losing to anyone from week to week. Loss to a buoyant Forest on a Friday, (what’s or record? Won 1 lost 20 on fridays?) is nailed on. Season hangs really on how quickly we can get out of this funk.

Agreed. I got pelters elsewhere for saying we look tired. But we do. Or flat at best. I missed the first 20 tonight, but I reckon Kakay was our MoM, if there has to be one. At least he seemed well up for it which is more than can be said for some of our regulars. Friday will tell a tale I guess.
Officially in a rut on 06:22 - Oct 27 with 2705 viewspaulparker

Officially in a rut on 22:48 - Oct 26 by WestbourneR

Dickie just looks a shadow of himself. Running through treacle, runners constantly in behind, confidence shot.

Gray is hopeless.

But I don’t understand the grief for Odebajo (sorry sp.) - he was our brightest outlet in the first half.

Ilias should have been rested

A couple of long range goals and the fact he has a song has covered up the fact that Dickie hasn’t been great this year at all , looks slow and is easily turned
We have no pace and the worse thing is the players heads have dropped, yeah we were robbed last night but we were poor and the body language of the players is not great

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Officially in a rut on 06:50 - Oct 27 with 2669 viewsdaveB

Officially in a rut on 01:23 - Oct 27 by superhoopdownunder

Are we normally crap at this time of the year?
It seems to be most years in October and November we are rubbish.

yeah it's been that way all my life. Wheels normally come off around this time of year
Officially in a rut on 07:10 - Oct 27 with 2641 viewsactonman

We are pretty much the same animal as the first half of season last year, play good football but manage to contrive to lose games we should be winning by gifting goals.
Stop conceding bloody goals and we carry on like we did in January .
Warby started getting stick when we continued to make the same mistakes week in week out and we have been doing that for a good while now only the goals up front has masked it..
Officially in a rut on 07:44 - Oct 27 with 2587 viewsdmm

The poor form of a few is concerning but that happens to all players and they will come out of it. Dieng, for example, had an iffy start to the season but is slowly improving.

Are we really in a rut? After all, we're having our best season for 10 years. Okay, we've lost 3 on the spin, and all in very disappointing circumstances, but (cliche alert) that's football. Should anyone have thought we'd not lose a few games in a row this season? We will almost certainly do so again before May.

For me, Warburton is the central character in our high drama. He will continue with his gung ho footballing philosophy which is great when it works, deflating when it doesn't but better to watch than most in this league.
Officially in a rut on 07:45 - Oct 27 with 2582 viewsPunteR

Officially in a rut on 23:20 - Oct 26 by ted_hendrix

In a rut? yep and we've been in gawd knows how many ruts over the five bloody decades I've been supporting us, as I see it it's all eyes on Warburton now to sort it out, no moping about get on the training pitch tomorrow and get to work.
Tonights result is history.
Small crumb of comfort for me is a quick glance at the league table where we happen to be in a good position, we have to use that as a bonus because that is what it is.
Win on Friday night and we're equal 4th in the Championship, If that's not an incentive then I don't know what is.
Get up and go again.

Pretty much how I feel.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Officially in a rut on 09:13 - Oct 27 with 2407 viewsBurnleyhoop

Biting my tongue until the return of Field and Wallace.
However, never want to see Chair in that deep lying midfield position ever again and Chaz seriously needs to find his shooting boots. The penalty and spaffed volley from seven yards are not helping our cause.
Officially in a rut on 09:30 - Oct 27 with 2362 viewsstevec

I’ve moaned about the lack of supply to the forwards but last night Charlie, Dykes and particularly Gray each had a very presentable chance and missed them all.

Two up front needs to be ditched. Dykes won header after header but Gray was always 20 yards apart from him. None of them complement each other.

There’s that constant gaping hole down the right, nothing gets done to confront the problem.

Maybe it’s time to ditch CF’s from the starting line up, fortify the right back position in a back four and play with a mixture of six attacking and defensive midfielders.

We can’t persist with this, it’s the managers job to come up with a solution.
Officially in a rut on 09:44 - Oct 27 with 2319 viewsPhilmyRs

Officially in a rut on 23:54 - Oct 26 by daveB

Problem is, you abandon 2 up front you've effectively decided Austin is your plan B and Dykes will be your man with Willock and Chair off him. Not the worst thing in the world by any stretch but I still think in certain games 2 up front will have its uses. One of the major advantages of 3 at the back is that it enables you to get a second body up front but not get overrun - admitedly that's very dependet on having the right personel behind them though and your back 3 have got to have the confidence to split and get tight when required, Dickie is a bit off with this at the mo.

As much as I want to agree with other posters and don't like digging any players out, I do think our wing backs are struggling. Kakay is all enthusiasm and work ethic but his touch and football brain feels off a lot of the time whilst Moses worked hard on the left but again his decision making lets him down - yesterday wasn't a bad performance by him, this is more a summary of his time with us. A bit more experience via Wallace on the left and something better on the right and I think we'd be a much more dangerous and compact team. Not sure Albert is the answer long term for wing back.
Officially in a rut on 10:22 - Oct 27 with 2251 viewsAntti_Heinola

Officially in a rut on 01:31 - Oct 27 by VancouverHoop

Agreed. I got pelters elsewhere for saying we look tired. But we do. Or flat at best. I missed the first 20 tonight, but I reckon Kakay was our MoM, if there has to be one. At least he seemed well up for it which is more than can be said for some of our regulars. Friday will tell a tale I guess.

Until he got exhausted, which is perfectly understandable considering he's been out for a year and this was his first start, Amos was man of the match by some distance. But yeah, thought Ossie did well, and Dykes was very good.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024